Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Sims at the Romance Festival can try the Sakura Tea to get in the mood to be flirty, which makes sense as they came looking for love! Furthermore, the festival will be known for the Romance Guru! Your Sim can learn all about their romantic destiny and if their future is bright or bleak.

Man, even the text description seems devoid of features! I should be upset about this but for some reason I'm laughing at how bad that is.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    WOW what a boat load of new gameplay. Drink tea, become flirty, romance socials, weddings. All base game stuff.

Seeing how there is zero attraction system in game, and everyone seems to be attracted to everyone, the 'love' guru doesn't seem like a really game-breaking new feature and I doubt it will introduce any kind of deep gameplay.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @catloverplayer Get yer fuzzy butt in here! Romance Festival blog is out! :O
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Well that was a short blog. :P
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Seems very lack luster and underwhelming.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    The "love at first sight" and "spur of the moment proposals and weddings" - I wonder whether this means romance bars can fill super-fast, or whether it's more related to NPC autonomous actions?

Like will NPCs be able to propose at this festival? It'll be interesting if that's the case as it would mean our played sims don't always have to do the proposing.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I do hope that other Sims will notice if my Sims decide to suddenly get married at this venue. It would make a nice and welcome alternative to planned weddings with guests and weddings that other Sims don't notice even if they're around.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Personally I just came in here cause I wanted to know if the Romance Guru does nothing but provide emotional buffs based on the reading he gives. If that's all he does, I won a bet.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2016
    @catloverplayer Get yer fuzzy butt in here! Romance Festival blog is out! :O

Just saw. Im confused about love at first site. These blogs don't give enough info.
  • Options
    I think it's just a saying. We may get more on Friday. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2016
    As one who knows Herbs as well as my own name I fine it odd they would relate Sakura Tea as a flirty resource. Rather comical when all it really does is protect anti-oxidates in ones system. LOL. It smells nice though - as Sakura come from the Japanese Sakura Cherry Tree blossoms.

Seems like they would have chosen a better choice of Herbs though like perhaps sarsaparilla or any of the following: Rooibos tea, Ashwagandha, catuaba bark, Damiana Leaf, Ginseng of course, and Guarana, A certain type of ( can't give you it's actual name here or it would become Plum lol) Goat Weed is well known for this purpose, Tongkat Ali herbal in tea or coffee even, Yohimbe Tea, and several others I can't think of right this moment - but really Sakura is not an aphrodisiac. Well not in real life anyway - but then in real life humans do not go from being newborn to 10 years old either. Lol.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    As one who knows Herbs as well as my own name I fine it odd they would relate Sakura Tea as a flirty resource. Rather comical when all it really does is protect anti-oxidates in ones system. LOL. It smells nice though - as Sakura come from the Japanese Sakura Cherry Tree blossoms.

They may have spiked the tea fountain...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Sakura tea is served at engagements and weddings in Japan.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I just find it funny that I have a sim named Sakura. Would be like drinking your namesake. :joy:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sims at the Romance Festival can try the Sakura Tea to get in the mood to be flirty, which makes sense as they came looking for love! Furthermore, the festival will be known for the Romance Guru! Your Sim can learn all about their romantic destiny and if their future is bright or bleak.

Man, even the text description seems devoid of features! I should be upset about this but for some reason I'm laughing at how bad that is.

I know right? They couldn't even make it exciting on paper! This one and the Humor festival are in my opinion absolutely laughable.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Wondering if we'll be able to make the tea at home.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

It is simply a Spring Tea with a really tasty flavor and aroma. It indicates Spring and new beginnings - and possibly why a choice drink for that occasion but it has absolutely zero aphrodisiac amenities - ZERO!!!!

Actually as far as I knew the favored Wedding Tea is called Wedding White tea which is Mutan White tea with lemon-vanilla to taste, and a touch of pink rosebuds and petals, which has no Sakura blossoms.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

They said these teas have specific purposes at the festivals, so I doubt it. However, I believe Steamy Ginseng (from the tea-maker) makes sims flirty.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

I would love a tea set like the lemonade tray we got with Backyard Stuff ! Perhaps they'll add this one to the regular tea machine.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited October 2016
    It does seem to be pretty bare, and I guess the Love Guru will basically be like the 'Love Tester Machine' from TS3 Seasons which will just give your sims a moodlet...
    I really didn't expect anything too exciting about this festival (or most of them really...)
    Probably because they see everything pink and pretty as 'flirty', hence in packs like Spa Day, every interaction that has 'Rose' in it's title gives a flirty moodlet. (Though to be fair there are some exceptions for this). But CL is more diverse in culture it seems so they used Sakura Tea instead.

• Options

It is simply a Spring Tea with a really tasty flavor and aroma. It indicates Spring and new beginnings - and possibly why a choice drink for that occasion but it has absolutely zero aphrodisiac amenities - ZERO!!!!

SEASONE CONFIRMMMEDDDD!!!11111!1!1!!one!!!

crazy-dance.gif

LOL. Too funny.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

SEASONE CONFIRMMMEDDDD!!!11111!1!1!!one!!!

crazy-dance.gif

LOL. Too funny.

Haha if only it were true.. :lol:

Back on topic, I like the look of the romance festival, sounds a bit uneventful unless you're planning a wedding, but it looks really pretty! :blush:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Actually as far as I knew the favored Wedding Tea is called Wedding White tea which is Mutan White tea with lemon-vanilla to taste, and a touch of pink rosebuds and petals, which has no Sakura blossoms.

Does the "Flirty" effect have to be physiological? Why can't it be an emotional response to a drink that has romantic connotations?
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    edited October 2016
    *deleted*
    Post edited by shadowicia on