Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance Festival blog.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The "love at first sight" and "spur of the moment proposals and weddings" - I wonder whether this means romance bars can fill super-fast, or whether it's more related to NPC autonomous actions?

Like will NPCs be able to propose at this festival? It'll be interesting if that's the case as it would mean our played sims don't always have to do the proposing.

Oh gosh I hope so. I've always wanted npc sims to propose to my sims but I hope there is the option for our sims to say no as well.

All they would need is a purple notification that says "Sam is proposing to Casey" with Accept/Decline buttons (like the Change Aspiration button when you complete one).

If sims had to be BF/GF before they could propose autonomously, then you would know to expect it at some point... Unless perhaps the NPC/townie is Non-committal or something :p
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I remember in one of the first trailers, someone asked why a sim was glowing. The answer was that she had drank something. In the festival trailer, the sims that drink from the fountain at the humor/hijinks festival glow gold from the gold drink and purple from the purple drink.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I remember in one of the first trailers, someone asked why a sim was glowing. The answer was that she had drank something. In the festival trailer, the sims that drink from the fountain at the humor/hijinks festival glow gold from the gold drink and purple from the purple drink.

At that festival, drinking from the fountain decides your team (mischief or comedy). I also noticed they wore black and white, but whether that was autonomous when choosing a side or staged is a debatable.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2016
    I think the npc sims yours hook up with are the culturel sims. The indian female was blowing kisses. Im glad that their doing that.

I assume if you marry them a new npc takes their place.

The male is a cultural sim because of the outfit he's wearing. Also I see the kissing animation is off. Hope that isn't an issue in the final release.
    TS4_778_EP03_FOT3_LIFTS_06.jpg

Another cultural npc sim that hangs out there
    The-Sims-4-City-Living-Official-Festivals-Trailer-3371.jpg

Notice the pink benches. I'm going to have fun sending my couples here on dates.
    The-Sims-4-City-Living-Official-Festivals-Trailer-3463.jpg

Check out the rose petals all over the festival
    The-Sims-4-City-Living-Official-Festivals-Trailer-2734.jpg
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think the npc sims yours hook up with are the culturel sims. The indian female was blowing kisses. Im glad that their doing that.

The male is a cultural sim because of the outfit he's wearing. Also I see the kissing animation is off. Hope that isn't an issue in the final release.

Notice the pink benches. I'm going to have fun sending my couples here on dates.

What does "cultural sim" means???
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options

Sims that are different nationalities like indian,arab etc.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited October 2016

Why would those be "special" Sims? My impression is not that there's a new type of NPC or Sim called "cultural" and I would seriously hope not. That would be to set at "other" all the players who aren't white Americans. It would be offensive to so many players, and not only "cultural" ones.

All you're seeing is that they've used the new CAS on the Sims shown in the marketing. Nothing more.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    That third picture looks like one of those impromptu weddings that they said could happen.
  • Options
    That third picture looks like one of those impromptu weddings that they said could happen.

And sims are sitting down again... <_<
  • Options

I want to know more about that.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

And sims are sitting down again... <_<

Maybe they were sitting already and the suddenness of the impromptu wedding caught them off guard and it all happened before they could stand up. :D
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Why would those be "special" Sims? My impression is not that there's a new type of NPC or Sim called "cultural" and I would seriously hope not. That would be to set at "other" all the players who aren't white Americans. It would be offensive to so many players, and not only "cultural" ones.

All you're seeing is that they've used the new CAS on the Sims shown in the marketing. Nothing more.

Those were exactly my thoughts when I asked.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

Pretty sure it's just Armand DiAggro in some sort of CL themed dress.