Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community Thread [WE HAVE MOVED!]

Comments

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited October 2016
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Sim's Name: Morgan Hyde
    Show(s): The Mole
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: She went into the game disguised as somebody else with her primarily reason is because of her being a huge jerk knowing that nobody will want to talk to her and give game information to her.

Sim's Name: Carlito Mendez
    Show(s): Abnormality and Sims Reality All-Stars
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: All he thinks about is the game. He will do anything to win, and he is a cutthroat competitor no matter what it takes. He is ruthless and heartless and will commit to winning. This makes him seem like a bad person, and he is over confident and snobby.

Sim's Name: Sidney Lansing
    Show(s): The Mole
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: Sidney came into the Mole doing whatever it takes to win. This includes hiding Chanel's journal, have Louis break the rules, stealing Levi's meds, and lying about having a sick wife. He was a rude, crude, and one tough dude.

I love how they're all my sims... I guess I make really villainous people XD What plums (intentional) they all are :P Hehe!

Ironic, when the realization hits in that you were known for heroic Sims pre-Sidney. ;)

I know XD At some point I got bored of everyone playing heros and decided that hosts need villains to make the game interesting... I mean Locked had 8 heros >.> It was NOT fun to write cause it was very hard to get conflict.

But yeah :P Villains can be useful to have as characters XD

Yeah I kinda was going to nominate Cassandra but I have to decided to go with your sims and have a theme with it.

Yeah I can get a feeling of boredom with certain seasons. SRAS Season Two kinda bores me since there wasn't much conflict going on but it was my fault and not your sims' fault as I didn't want too many alliances but I realize that my favorite "writing style" is when I make some made-up alliances on the show and have somebody nominate one of their made-up allies on the show and go with their real life alliances creating chaos in the process. Remy from TBAM was a good example.

Also, please ignore the next couple of posts. I was having issues with the forums and I really wish could delete those posts.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I messed up
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Forum issues
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ignore....
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Excuse me
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ignore
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Apologies for this mess I made. I was having problems.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ignore again
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ignore this post
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    You know I may be a bit hypercritical here but I don't like it when there is a villain for the sake of being a villain.

Fictional media tends to have villains so for there to be something to do. However, reality shows such as Big Brother and Survivor have a structure on how to do things in which you basically make alliances and figure out who to go home. I find it how they just cast people who are villains just for the sake of drama to be a bit unnecessary. Two of the last three seasons of Survivor have people like Dan, Rodney, Will, Jason, and Scot who were basically bullies in the game and become extremely hated afterwords.

I feel like having interesting people who you don't find everyday to be the best television regardless of if they are heroic or villainous. I don't feel like people should submit villainous sims just for the sake of there being a villain and if you want to submit a villainous sim, then only do it if you really like the sim.

I disagree. I like having someone to root against on Survivor. I especially like nuanced characters in general though, I much prefer a super flawed villain with maybe just a few redeeming qualities to a one-note hero. Also there are a lot of the people who the edit might(?) be painting as heroes, like Andrew Savage in Cambodia and Sam in Australian Survivor, but who to me seem like the biggest villains just because of the types of players that I gravitate towards. I'm always going to prefer Stephen over Savage and Nick over Sam even if Nick gets a huge villainous edit. (Sidenote, if you people aren't watching Australian Survivor you are missing out! It reminds me a lot of Survivor Borneo with a couple random modern-day players thrown in. Not a super high level of gameplay, but it is solid and there is a lot of content.)

But I want more villains submitted in shows, or at least more flawed characters. I do think it is slightly harder for a villain to win, unless they are a strategic villain like Carlito, so I understand why people are hesitant to submit them, but at the same time it is really fun to have some consternation on the shows. Too many Sims are so vanilla and nice and there needs to be some depth. And I'd vote for a villain to win any show because I care about the players rather than the Sims, but that's just me. Some people are way more into the actual episodes than I am.
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    Also Jake's mouse had a seizure or something.
  • Options
    Skelda wrote: »

Yes it did along with some internet issues and some possible forum issues (When I posted that, it was after some maintenance)
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Bwahaha! Sorry, Jake, but I do find it amusing. :D

Also, I've seen the first two episodes of Survivor, but I won't comment yet. I have things going on tonight. Hopefully, when I get home, I'll be able to watch the next episode before I go to bed. lol We'll see.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    You know I may be a bit hypercritical here but I don't like it when there is a villain for the sake of being a villain.

Fictional media tends to have villains so for there to be something to do. However, reality shows such as Big Brother and Survivor have a structure on how to do things in which you basically make alliances and figure out who to go home. I find it how they just cast people who are villains just for the sake of drama to be a bit unnecessary. Two of the last three seasons of Survivor have people like Dan, Rodney, Will, Jason, and Scot who were basically bullies in the game and become extremely hated afterwords.

I feel like having interesting people who you don't find everyday to be the best television regardless of if they are heroic or villainous. I don't feel like people should submit villainous sims just for the sake of there being a villain and if you want to submit a villainous sim, then only do it if you really like the sim.

I disagree. I like having someone to root against on Survivor. I especially like nuanced characters in general though, I much prefer a super flawed villain with maybe just a few redeeming qualities to a one-note hero. Also there are a lot of the people who the edit might(?) be painting as heroes, like Andrew Savage in Cambodia and Sam in Australian Survivor, but who to me seem like the biggest villains just because of the types of players that I gravitate towards. I'm always going to prefer Stephen over Savage and Nick over Sam even if Nick gets a huge villainous edit. (Sidenote, if you people aren't watching Australian Survivor you are missing out! It reminds me a lot of Survivor Borneo with a couple random modern-day players thrown in. Not a super high level of gameplay, but it is solid and there is a lot of content.)

But I want more villains submitted in shows, or at least more flawed characters. I do think it is slightly harder for a villain to win, unless they are a strategic villain like Carlito, so I understand why people are hesitant to submit them, but at the same time it is really fun to have some consternation on the shows. Too many Sims are so vanilla and nice and there needs to be some depth. And I'd vote for a villain to win any show because I care about the players rather than the Sims, but that's just me. Some people are way more into the actual episodes than I am.

But often times on Survivor/Big Brother, having certain villains can actually lose ratings than gain them.

Example- 11.37 US viewers watched first episode of Survivor: Philippines. By the season afterwords who kinda went to have more a villainous and controversial cast, 8.94 US viewers watched that premiere.

Nobody wants a Fabio who is basically an one-note hero. People are more-so looking into three-dimensional characters who will make interesting television regardless if they are hero or villain. From Survivor, Cirie and Tai are good examples as they are extremely nice people who kinda made some "villainous" moves along the way as Cirie kinda made everybody believe she is on their side only to betray them later in the game and Tai went on to sabotage the camp and kinda betray everybody in the game.

I don't mind having villainous sims on reality shows but I rather if you submit some interesting characters rather than submit somebody who is mostly notable just being a jerk and nothing else as nobody wants an one-note villain as well. Not to state that any of the nominations have been like that.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member

The difference between here, and television... Is that we ARENT making television and filming real people... We are making characters for stories, in which the structure is reality game shows. We take into consideration the plot and without the main essences of a good story, such as conflict and resolution, it's not interesting. That's why villains or people who go against the heroes in shows are really important, because they create the conflict for the stories. Without conflict, our shows aren't really as good as they should be. So its almost necessary to have some sort of villainous character in them.

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,721 Member

The difference between here, and television... Is that we ARENT making television and filming real people... We are making characters for stories, in which the structure is reality game shows. We take into consideration the plot and without the main essences of a good story, such as conflict and resolution, it's not interesting. That's why villains or people who go against the heroes in shows are really important, because they create the conflict for the stories. Without conflict, our shows aren't really as good as they should be. So its almost necessary to have some sort of villainous character in them.

One thing I personally like about the genre is how you can have 2 player's be each other's villain. A good example would be Carlito-Wayne: both were more villainous than heroic, yet both also had a heroic partner in crime (Skye-Nahita). The result is that it's also up to debate and personal opinion who is the hero and whois the villain. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,721 Member
    edited October 2016

Yes it did along with some internet issues and some possible forum issues (When I posted that, it was after some maintenance)

I've stumbled onto the server overload as well when trying to load things. :( Alas
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TipTip Posts: 1,018 Member
    omg jake XD crfying
  • Options

The difference between here, and television... Is that we ARENT making television and filming real people... We are making characters for stories, in which the structure is reality game shows. We take into consideration the plot and without the main essences of a good story, such as conflict and resolution, it's not interesting. That's why villains or people who go against the heroes in shows are really important, because they create the conflict for the stories. Without conflict, our shows aren't really as good as they should be. So its almost necessary to have some sort of villainous character in them

But sometimes villains can be villains because of a move they made and not because of their personality. Example- With Remy from TBAM, he nominated Selena in which according to the storyline, he was allies with her. Because of that, the whole entire house went against him making him a villain of sorts. And with Evangeline from the Mole, she cheated on Cole creating conflict in the process despite me believing Ashley never really intended for her to be a villain at the start. You don't necessarily have to a villainous-like personality in order to create conflict.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Anyway, going to watch Survivor soon.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    What in the heck is going on in this thread?? lol