Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community Thread [WE HAVE MOVED!]

Comments

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited September 2016
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Anyway, about my idea for the "countdown" for October, I was thinking about this doing instead.

You know the zombie apocalypse team that we did for the Mole. If not, go here- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13398151#Comment_13398151

I was thinking that we could do one for all reality shows and I have an idea of doing some sort of draft of having every reality show sim coming into the real world where they are all together in one place and then a zombie apocalypse broke out of no where and four or five of us have to draft teams for a "zombie apocalypse" using those sims. And then everybody else will vote on who has the best zombie apocalypse.

If we are including categories, then I feel like we should have this as the categories-

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

Also, as to who gets to be part of the draft, first come first serve.

Just wanted people to tell me how they think
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,793 Member
    Anyway, about my idea for the "countdown" for October, I was thinking about this doing instead.

You know the zombie apocalypse team that we did for the Mole. If not, go here- http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13398151#Comment_13398151

I was thinking that we could do one for all reality shows and I have an idea of doing some sort of draft of having every reality show sim coming into the real world where they are all together in one place and then a zombie apocalypse broke out of no where and four or five of us have to draft teams for a "zombie apocalypse" using those sims. And then everybody else will vote on who has the best zombie apocalypse.

If we are including categories, then I feel like we should have this as the categories-

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

I'm confused. I'd rather stick to Villains and get some popcorn watching the fights to nominate Evarrine.
    Banner.png
  • Options

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

I'm confused. I'd rather stick to Villains and get some popcorn watching the fights to nominate Evarrine.

What are you confused about?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    My Team
    Lucy- Two + Three + Two = 7
    CeCe- Two + Three + Two= 7
    Taylor- Five + Two= 7
    Will- Five + Two= 7

Skelda's Team
    David- Two + Three + Two + Three= 10
    Hannah- Five + Two- 7
    Jessica L.- Three- 7
    Rachel- Zero

Lo's Team
    Bret- Two + Three + Two= 7
    Michaela- Five + Two= 7
    Zeke- Five + Two= 7
    Ken- Two + Three + Two= 7

Team Turner -
    Adam- Five + Two= 7
    Jay- Five + Two= 7
    Jessica "Figgy"- Five + Two= 7
    Chris- Two + Three + Two= 7

Team Twidz -
    Sunday- Two + Three + Two= 7
    Mari- Five
    Paul- Two + Three + Two= 7
    Michelle- Two + Three + Two= 7

Total Teampoints

My Team- 28
    Skelda's Team- 24
    Lo's Team- 28
    Turner's Team- 28
    Twiddle's Team- 26

Update for the teams

Going to tell my idea for the "countdown" for October
    Nooooo! Not Mari, She was my fav character on my team. I thought for sure she would atleast outlast Paul and Sunday. :'(

Hmmm... Quite an odd story arc for Mari too, Thought she would have made it further just based on her opening confessional. She seemed like a long term player. Alas was not meant to be. :disappointed:

Looking forward to next weeks ep, I sense a tribe swap approaching like Second chances with the 3 tribes thing. :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    jps0228jps0228 Posts: 9,026 Member
    Hello! It's time for my monthly visit and once again I'm trying to get someone here to represent the Reality Show Community on a Survivor game I'm hosting! The game usually last for about a month and a half.

We're looking for NEW PEOPLE to play! The game is mostly played on Skype (video/call isn't required) but you need a Tumblr account to post challenges. We look forward to see people from this community to play!

You can find more information and the applications here: http://survivorarabia.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I have decided to end the poll early.

http://simsrealityshowcountdowns.blogspot.com/2016/10/september-2016.html

The Top Ten Biggest Heroes Are Up!
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

Before I do the next countdown, I really prefer if @M13Vulpecula could answer my question first.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

Before I do the next countdown, I really prefer if @M13Vulpecula could answer my question first.

No offense: the wording confuses me a bit.

I'd rather stick with Villains for now. Maybe, if the idea is cleared a bit, we could try for November: Day of the Dead. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Whoa, Min Hee on 1? I expected her to be in top 3, but I thought Taylor, maybe KT! or HEALTH-E would score 1st spot over her.

Add: Anyone else thinks Nahita looks eerily pale in that picture?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,687 Member
    edited October 2016
    jps0228 wrote: »
    Hello! It's time for my monthly visit and once again I'm trying to get someone here to represent the Reality Show Community on a Survivor game I'm hosting! The game usually last for about a month and a half.

We're looking for NEW PEOPLE to play! The game is mostly played on Skype (video/call isn't required) but you need a Tumblr account to post challenges. We look forward to see people from this community to play!

You can find more information and the applications here: http://survivorarabia.tumblr.com

JPS HEY! :3 Welcome back XD

I'd totally join but I dont think I have the time, nor the Survivor knowledge to play XD I'm still only up to like season 4, so I've got a lot to catch up on :P Plus there hasn't been many Survivor shows on here for me to have the practice XD Maybe sometime in the future, but for now, I don't know if I would :S
  • Options

There was a poll?! I didn't see the poll :S I didn't get to vote I guess >.<
  • Options

The Leader
    The Second In-Command
    The Combat Expert
    The Brains
    The Medic
    The Morale Boaster

What do you guys think?

No offense: the wording confuses me a bit.

I'd rather stick with Villains for now. Maybe, if the idea is cleared a bit, we could try for November: Day of the Dead. :)

Now that you mention it, I feel like it may better for us to do for November as a celebration for the Day of the Dead.

Top Ten Villains Soon.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    And just for the record, Evarrine is going to be nominated by default because everybody wants to nominate her.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

Every month, we will have a new category for a Top 10 Countdown!

This month's poll is the top ten biggest villainss

latest?cb=20110423221507

In general, there are two types of contestants on reality shows- heroes and villains. Survivor even went on to do a season based a concept of there being Heroes vs. Villains. Because of that, we are counting down the biggest villains to ever to play in interactive reality shows. These are people who are known for their manipulation, deception, and duplicity.

Every person is allowed up to 3 nominations. You are allowed to nominate your own sim(s).

A nomination will only count if you use the below format:

Sim's Name:
    Show(s) Name:
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain:

Also, Evarrine is going to be nominated by default since everybody wants to nominate her.

The nominations are up!

I will post my nominations in a bit.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Sim's Name: Morgan Hyde
    Show(s): The Mole
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: She went into the game disguised as somebody else with her primarily reason is because of her being a huge jerk knowing that nobody will want to talk to her and give game information to her.

Sim's Name: Carlito Mendez
    Show(s): Abnormality and Sims Reality All-Stars
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: All he thinks about is the game. He will do anything to win, and he is a cutthroat competitor no matter what it takes. He is ruthless and heartless and will commit to winning. This makes him seem like a bad person, and he is over confident and snobby.

Sim's Name: Sidney Lansing
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: Sidney came into the Mole doing whatever it takes to win. This includes hiding Chanel's journal, have Louis break the rules, stealing Levi's meds, and lying about having a sick wife. He was a rude, crude, and one tough dude.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

Whoa, Min Hee on 1? I expected her to be in top 3, but I thought Taylor, maybe KT! or HEALTH-E would score 1st spot over her.

Add: Anyone else thinks Nahita looks eerily pale in that picture?

Yeah I feel like even though Taylor was a huge hero for his heroic sacrifice, I feel like he has a lesser resume than Min Hee and KT. Plus, Harry isn't really somebody who posts a lot in the Stories and Legacies section.

I do feel like Rebecca was at a disadvantage in this poll since at the time where the poll started, there was only like nine episodes of her doing stuff (And yes, I do realize there is a tenth episode but it was released yesterday). The other two people with the shortest episodes are HEALTH-E and Taylor in which both of them went on to save somebody's life and if that doesn't make them a huge hero, then I do not know what is.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: She went into the game disguised as somebody else with her primarily reason is because of her being a huge jerk knowing that nobody will want to talk to her and give game information to her.

Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: All he thinks about is the game. He will do anything to win, and he is a cutthroat competitor no matter what it takes. He is ruthless and heartless and will commit to winning. This makes him seem like a bad person, and he is over confident and snobby.

Short reasoning why you consider to be a huge villain: Sidney came into the Mole doing whatever it takes to win. This includes hiding Chanel's journal, have Louis break the rules, stealing Levi's meds, and lying about having a sick wife. He was a rude, crude, and one tough dude.

I love how they're all my sims... I guess I make really villainous people XD What plums (intentional) they all are :P Hehe!
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

I love how they're all my sims... I guess I make really villainous people XD What plums (intentional) they all are :P Hehe!

Ironic, when the realization hits in that you were known for heroic Sims pre-Sidney. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Ironic, when the realization hits in that you were known for heroic Sims pre-Sidney. ;)

I know XD At some point I got bored of everyone playing heros and decided that hosts need villains to make the game interesting... I mean Locked had 8 heros >.> It was NOT fun to write cause it was very hard to get conflict.

But yeah :P Villains can be useful to have as characters XD
  • Options
    Da Sim Name: Margaret Tick
    Da Player Name: @Skelda
    Da Show(s): The Locomotive
    Da Short reasoning why you consider he/she to be a villainnous, vile, lowlife, scummy, backstabbing, lying little @&amp;*@*#@&amp;$&#*@*$&amp;: She was the very first psycho on The Locomotive. ENUFF SAID!

Da Sim Name: Wayne Moore
    Da Player Name: @Skelda
    Da Show(s): Abnormality
    Da Short reasoning why you consider he/she to be a villainnous, vile, lowlife, scummy, backstabbing, lying little @&amp;*@*#@&amp;$&#*@*$&amp;: It's no surprise if you wonder if he got his nose punched flat, as this man really managed to tick off the other Housemates with his sloppy, slacky attitude. He established himself as a floater at first though, leaving his peers to evict others first because Wayne was an easy person to get rid off later on. And then Week 5 came, and Wayne revealed himself to be a force to be reckoned with. His reigns meant the boot for 3 other players, before Wayne, now with his true strengths revealed, was evicted himself, inbetween to his two biggest enemies.

Da Sim Name: Max Dow
    Da Player Name: @M13Vulpecula
    Da Show(s): Total Drama Pahkitew Island, Are You The One?
    Da Short reasoning why you consider he/she to be a villainnous, vile, lowlife, scummy, backstabbing, lying little @&amp;*@*#@&amp;$&#*@*$&amp;: When someone insists on inventing a new word to describe the EEEVUL that he is, you know you got bad blood involved. Albeit in a clumsy and unlucky way, he did his best for his ultimate goal: TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!! And he doesn't shy away from stabbing his 'sidekicks' in the back. . .
    Banner.png
  • Options

I know XD At some point I got bored of everyone playing heros and decided that hosts need villains to make the game interesting... I mean Locked had 8 heros >.> It was NOT fun to write cause it was very hard to get conflict.

So wait... We signed up 16 heroes? :o Oooh yikes...
    Banner.png
  • Options

No but for the combinations I had (some peoples sims were... very one sided towards one sim in particular)... I had next to no choice but for the most interesting people or even people who had some aspect of personality, which just happened to lead to like 8 hero-ish characters >.<
  • Options

No but for the combinations I had (some peoples sims were... very one sided towards one sim in particular)... I had next to no choice but for the most interesting people or even people who had some aspect of personality, which just happened to lead to like 8 hero-ish characters >.<

Ooh yikes. Luckily ZP got more variety. :) That has been a lot more fun to write (and read for us).

Will you Nominate someone?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Double Post
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    You know I may be a bit hypercritical here but I don't like it when there is a villain for the sake of being a villain.

Fictional media tends to have villains so for there to be something to do. However, reality shows such as Big Brother and Survivor have a structure on how to do things in which you basically make alliances and figure out who to go home. I find it how they just cast people who are villains just for the sake of drama to be a bit unnecessary. Two of the last three seasons of Survivor have people like Dan, Rodney, Will, Jason, and Scot who were basically bullies in the game and become extremely hated afterwords.

I feel like having interesting people who you don't find everyday to be the best television regardless of if they are heroic or villainous. I don't feel like people should submit villainous sims just for the sake of there being a villain and if you want to submit a villainous sim, then only do it if you really like the sim.
    Post edited by x_MG_x on
    BTW, call me Jake.