Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    BTW @Sweet_Italy , the tutorial recommends moving restaurant sims onto the map so they don't get culled.

MC has been recently set up to fix it so NPC sims don't lose their jobs when housed. You still can't PLAY them (or they'll lose the NPC job), but if you have culling enabled (and have you checked out the different ways to do relationship culling, now, with MC?), housing them will keep them safe. (The mailbox cheats also allow you ways to delete whole groups of sims at a time, if that interests you.)

I don't have *every* type of NPC in my game, but all the ones I have, I've mapped to test the new things in MC out, and so far nobody has lost their NPC job. Not even the gardener. ;)

Let me know how it goes. :)
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    BTW @Sweet_Italy , the tutorial recommends moving restaurant sims onto the map so they don't get culled.

MC has been recently set up to fix it so NPC sims don't lose their jobs when housed. You still can't PLAY them (or they'll lose the NPC job), but if you have culling enabled (and have you checked out the different ways to do relationship culling, now, with MC?), housing them will keep them safe. (The mailbox cheats also allow you ways to delete whole groups of sims at a time, if that interests you.)

I don't have *every* type of NPC in my game, but all the ones I have, I've mapped to test the new things in MC out, and so far nobody has lost their NPC job. Not even the gardener. ;)

Right, I know that moving them into a house will keep them from being culled. But I was under the impression that to hire them they first have to be homeless, then once hired they can be moved into a home for safekeeping.

And yes, I play around with MCs culling options often :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Wall of text time, here's the complete change log for MC 2.15 from the mod's description page. Wouldn't hurt to have it posted locally, there's a ton of good info here:

Changes from version 2.14.0 to 2.15.0 (Sims Version at time of release was PC Version 1.22.22.1020 / Mac Version 1.22.22.1220)
    Sims Flagged for No Offspring were not allowed to have "Mark for Marriage". That shouldn't be! Thanks, EG, for pointing that out!
    Added "Sit ups" to annoying actions that can be disabled in MC Tuner and fixed an issue that allowed some push-ups to still happen even with them disabled in MC Tuner.
    Moved the "Notification Settings", "Console Command Settings" and "Menu Settings" in the MC Command Center\Other Settings menu to a sub menu section, "Notification/Console/Menu Settings".
    Added "Age Span Settings" to MC Command Center\Other Settings. This section allows setting how many days are in each age span ON NORMAL. Switching to Short divides the number of days in the span by 2. Switching to Long divides the number of days in the span by .25, so 20 days in an Adult Spans life at Normal would equal 80 days in Long. The days may be set for each age span: Baby, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder. Note that for elders that already exist in the world, they may not follow the elder age span and die as expected. I believe the internal alarms for when they are supposed to die will not change to reflect the new age. Some manual intervention may be required in some cases!
    As requested by RagnarokJ, I added the "Log Appearance Details" option to the Sim MC Cas menu. This option will log all body appearance values to an info log file in the mod folder. Note that this ONLY logs body appearance values. It was requested that it logs face AND body appearance values but face appearance values are NOT possible at this time. In order to log those, I'd have to know what every key for every facial value could be and I don't have that information. There are more facial values than even body values and I had to discover the body value keys by trial-and-error. This is why there is also no facial templates, only body appearance. I can do a "Copy Face" easily because I don't have to know what the keys are for a face, I am just copying everything there.
    Moved the Copy and Paste Outfit options out of the "Outfit Commands" menu in MC Dresser and into the "Copy/Paste..." menu.
    For Edumail's request, added a "Copy Hair", "Copy Hair and Facial Hair" and "Paste Hair" option to the Copy/Paste menu in MC Dresser. Hair can be copied between outfits on the same Sim or between Sims with this option. Keep in mind, just like CAS, if you paste a hair onto a Sim in an outfit OTHER than the Everyday outfit, then it becomes a "custom hair" specific to that outfit. That's just the way that CAS handles hair. If a Sim is selected who has facial hair, the "Copy Hair and Facial Hair" option becomes available. If this option is used, both the hair and the facial hair will be pasted to the target Sim when "Paste Hair" is used. You can also copy/paste hair from an alien Sim's human disguise to their alien appearance if you so desire.
    For Edumail's request, added "Copy Makeup" and "Paste Makeup" to the Copy/Paste menu in MC Dreser.
    Moved the "Set Skill", "Max All Skills" and "Forget All Skills" options from the MC Cheats main menu to a "Skill Cheats..." sub-menu.
    Added a "forget_active" console command. It requires a Sim first name and last name to be specified as parameters and will then open the "Forget Active Sim" UI to choose what to forget between the active Sim and the specified Sim. This will allow Sims that cannot be selected (like ghosts) to forget the active Sim.
    Added the "lot" parameter to the "get_pop" console command. Using this parameter will limit the "get_pop" results to only Sims on the current lot and the streets around it. All other parameters will work in addition to this parameter so the alien, pregnancy, etc. parms will all still work as well but will just be limited to the current lot.
    I made some changes to the way I am doing Relative Game Time Speed changes. I THINK that the changes I made will result in a lot less problems with internal alarms being messed-up for Relative Time. Relative should work exactly the way that the IceM mod worked previously. I think the fix I implemented will take care of the problems that Galaxy777 discovered and had to release a mod to fix: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=582159. All career tracks with no start_time specified should still work fine now in Relative, even without a secondary mod. I didn't really change the way my time speed changes worked, I just implemented them at a different point in the game-loading-process, which I think will happen after the internal alarms are already set. I will look at Absolute in another release and see if I can figure-out a similar method of changing the time later in the process to see if it fixes the alarms with it as well. Frequent users of the Game Time Speed settings will have to let me know if they still see issues or not...
    Per Inge Jones' request, I have added an MC Cleaner method to do relationship cullings! Relationship CULLINGS! Yay! This is MY version of relationship cullings. To begin with, it's manual by default so it only runs when you tell it to run. Next, it can be configured in MC Cleaner settings for the type of cleaning you want. This includes what Sims to run it against and what relationship level to clean. For types of Sims, you can have it only run on NPC Sims, NPC and Played Sims, or all Sims including actives. For relationship levels to clean, you can choose only zero-level relationships, what I'm calling "Greet-level" relationships (relationships with a score of 10 or less), acquaintances, friends and below, good friends and below or everything including significant others. The cleaning will never make family member relationships disappear. The default is to remove acquaintances from NPC Sims only. After the Relationship Cleaning settings are configured as desired, on the Mailbox MC Cheats menu, there is a new option to Run Relationship Cleaning. This may be the best performance option for players with big Sim worlds. I just don't know how well relationship culling scheduled is going to run in big worlds. Although it may speed-up after running a couple of times and weeding-out some of the unneeded relationships.
    Moved the "Relationship Culling" setting from MC Population into the MC Command Center "Relationship Settings" menu. This will allow users to not have to have MC Population deployed if they only want to prevent relationship culling and also just makes more sense that relationship settings should not be in the Population module.
    Changed the Population_BypassRelationshipCulling setting, which was a true/false setting to RelationshipCullingType, which is a string setting. If relationship culling was previously disabled, the value for the new setting will be "D" for disabled. If the relationship culling was enabled, the value for the new setting will be "E" for enabled. The default is "E".
    If MC Cleaner is deployed, in the "Relationship Culling" menu there will now be an additional choice to choose to use MC Cleaner Relationship Cleaning rather than EA's default culling rules. This will take the settings made in MC Cleaner for Relationship Cleaning and run that cleaning process rather than EA's relationship cleaning process during EA's regularly scheduled "culling" checks. This allows a regular culling to still occur like EA had planned, but gives more flexibility on the rules that the culling happens with. The most important part of my relationship culling is that it is OPTIONAL. Personally, I am really thinking I'm going to like the "Greet-Level" to get rid of those drive-by relationships from Sims that hop-in on every conversation my Sim is trying to have! And if relationship decay is in use, YMMV as well. I think ANY automatic culling like this works better with no decay, but others may still like to use decay combined with "Greet-Level" or "Zero-Level". If performance is a problem when it runs (I believe EA schedules relationship culling from 2 AM to 5 AM), then it may be best to leave the Relationship Culling "Disabled" and just use manual Relationship Cleaning when desired.
    Per ModerateOsprey's request, "Watch Funny Video" is now on the list of annoying actions that can be bypassed.
    Added a new setting to Other Pregnancy Settings in MC Pregnancy, "Use Traits For Pregnancy". When this setting is enabled, the percentage chance that a Sim will become pregnant will be adjusted postively or negatively based on specific traits. "Hates Children" is a negative adjustment. "Family Oriented" is a positive adjustment. Just a setting for fun to make pregnancies a little more Sim-specific. Defaults to Disabled.
    Along with that, added a new setting to Other Marriage Settings in MC Marriage, "Use Traits for Marriage". When this setting is enabled, the percentage chance that a Sim will become married will be adjusted positively or negatively based on specific traits. "Commitment Issues" is a negative adjustment. "Family Oriented" and "Romantic" are positive adjustments. Defaults to Disabled.
    Fixed a problem with master gardner Sim generation that could spawn many Sims with certain MC Population settings due to the master gardner trait that was only set for Adult and Elder ages. Also, the Master Fisherman and Gardener careers were set to only be valid for Adults and Elders, unlike every other career so had to fix those as well. Thanks, Azoresman, for the help in tracking those down!
    Per Bienchen83's request, "Modify in CAS" from the Sim Commands menu will be available on Ghost Sims. Note that this is the CAS edit for clothes/appearance only and will not allow traits or name or age change or that type of edit.
    Moved makeup items in the MC Dresser "Randomize Outfit Part" menu to a "Makeup" sub-menu.
    Fixed a problem with MC Pregnancy where a spouse Sim was not being checked for the "No Offspring" flag during pregnancy checks. Thanks, Azoresman, for pointing this out!
    Fixed a bug that was causing filters that normally do not allow Elders to generate multiple Sims when an Elder was generated from MC Population. Thanks, Crystal Ice, for helping me figure this out!
    At some point within the last few updates, EA changed "Invite to Spend the Night" so the target Sim practically falls-over from exhaustion when they agree to spend the night at the active household. They could have had full energy before and suddenly, by agreeing stop stay at the active house, they must immediately go to sleep. This seemed a little ridiculous to me so I adjusted it. I understand the thought behind it...you don't want a target spending the night and just roaming the house all night while you're trying to sleep, but if you invite them to stay the night at 6PM, they shouldn't be immediately ready for bed. Anyway, most Sims should be in the high yellow energy now rather than the high orange when spending the night. This is built-into MC Tuner and doesn't need a setting. It's just a built-in adjustment.
  • Options

Right, I know that moving them into a house will keep them from being culled. But I was under the impression that to hire them they first have to be homeless, then once hired they can be moved into a home for safekeeping.

And yes, I play around with MCs culling options often :)

Exactly right. :)

Good luck! I hope you get it working the way you want it to.
  • Options
    CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    @egwarhammer
    Thanks for all the info, I'll be looking at it later - heading out to work soon. Have a great day B)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    New to MCC (but not new to mods, since I used NRAAS mods for Sims 3).

Quick question: What would you recommend be a good decay rate and culling rate, if any?

I'm trying to decide if I want to turn off Relationship Decay and Culling stuff or just slow it down.

My fear is if I turn off the decay or culling, then my sims will be overflowing with too many "friends" in the relationship bar, and my game performance will be affected. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited September 2016

Quick question: What would you recommend be a good decay rate and culling rate, if any?

I'm trying to decide if I want to turn off Relationship Decay and Culling stuff or just slow it down.

My fear is if I turn off the decay or culling, then my sims will be overflowing with too many "friends" in the relationship bar, and my game performance will be affected. :frowning:

Hi and welcome to the world of MCCC... :)

I switched off culling (247 sims in game) and relationship decay value is 0 (zero) for both romance and friendship.

No problems so far. But my PC is not so bad (i7, 16GB, SSD, Radeon HD7870, 64bit) and can stand some load....

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member

I have both types of culling off and no relationship decay and my laptop isn't exactly the best, but my game performance is still withstandable.
  • Options
    Oh, so not too bad? :smile: How long are your loading times with those specific MCCC settings, @Pegasus143 and @Bonxie ? Is it a minute or two? Any lag?
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm coming in from the toaster end of the spectrum, HP Notebook. 138 sims (and you guys should SEE the alien just dropped into my game... LOL! She has a mohawk... :p ) and I have relationship decay completely turned off.

Medium graphic settings, which *may* be too much, but the game keeps putting them there, so I keep going with it, till something snags. Pausing every so often to let things "catch up with themselves" helps a lot, usually. I'm hardly an immersion player anyway, I'm an hour to hour player, most of the time.

I see "not responding" hangs fairly often, but that's on me, because I've overloaded a couple of sims relationship panels with EVERYBODY, knowing good and well the game will grump. I do that to make flagging easier. <shrug>

I do have SOME relationship culling enabled. I turned it on at first for everybody to see (copy game, of course), and it wiped out something like 237 relationships. Including ALL the "disliked" or "despised" ones, because they were less than 0.

So I posted asking DP about fixing that so zero is zero and not everything below it... we need a few haters in the mix for at least one aspiration point I know of. And then I tried again, with the settings to cull NPCs only and 0 level only. That helped, it was about 73 relationships and my playeds still had the ones they didn't like showing.

For now my settings are on N, Z but I might change the Z to the Greet Level one at some point. Still checking it out. I played for a little while this morning, before that, I hadn't even opened the game since the 20th.

Busy week! One more shift to go, tonight. Whew!

Edit: just saw the Load Time question. I added a little cc recently, along with all the other things I've done that point to me trying to blow up my laptop, don't they? Hahaha!! My load times are getting a LITTLE longer, but, they aren't anywhere near Sims 3's "take a shower" level of hurry up and wait.

I'm playing my game my way, mostly. I'll sit here a little longer and wait, if it means I can do what I want. Pauses aren't such a huge price to pay.

• Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I have both types of culling off and no relationship decay and my laptop isn't exactly the best, but my game performance is still withstandable.

That gets my vote for word of the day. I like it! :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I'm coming in from the toaster end of the spectrum, HP Notebook. 138 sims (and you guys should SEE the alien just dropped into my game... LOL! She has a mohawk... :p ) and I have relationship decay completely turned off.

Medium graphic settings, which *may* be too much, but the game keeps putting them there, so I keep going with it, till something snags. Pausing every so often to let things "catch up with themselves" helps a lot, usually. I'm hardly an immersion player anyway, I'm an hour to hour player, most of the time.

I see "not responding" hangs fairly often, but that's on me, because I've overloaded a couple of sims relationship panels with EVERYBODY, knowing good and well the game will grump. I do that to make flagging easier. <shrug>

I do have SOME relationship culling enabled. I turned it on at first for everybody to see (copy game, of course), and it wiped out something like 237 relationships. Including ALL the "disliked" or "despised" ones, because they were less than 0.

So I posted asking DP about fixing that so zero is zero and not everything below it... we need a few haters in the mix for at least one aspiration point I know of. And then I tried again, with the settings to cull NPCs only and 0 level only. That helped, it was about 73 relationships and my playeds still had the ones they didn't like showing.

For now my settings are on N, Z but I might change the Z to the Greet Level one at some point. Still checking it out. I played for a little while this morning, before that, I hadn't even opened the game since the 20th.

Edit: just saw the Load Time question. I added a little cc recently, along with all the other things I've done that point to me trying to blow up my laptop, don't they? Hahaha!! My load times are getting a LITTLE longer, but, they aren't anywhere near Sims 3's "take a shower" level of hurry up and wait.

I'm playing my game my way, mostly. I'll sit here a little longer and wait, if it means I can do what I want. Pauses aren't such a huge price to pay.

why would you put a computer in the toaster?
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh, so not too bad? :smile: How long are your loading times with those specific MCCC settings, @Pegasus143 and @Bonxie ? Is it a minute or two? Any lag?

Initial gameloading at the beginning of a game session takes about two and a half minutes - but this is for sure due to my 1980 CC items with 3.2 GB in total.

The loading time between the lots is about 30 sec., but I don't think, that the number of friends/romantic interests and the relationship values affects the loading times at all.

I also have no lags in game, but in general lags are caused by graphic issues. Again I don't think that they are related to game parameters like the relationship values.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options

That gets my vote for word of the day. I like it! :)
    Autocorrect sure didn't.
  • Options
    Okay, I'll try playing around with those settings and see what happens.

OH! A few questions regarding NPCs: What about the homeless NPCs? Can I get rid of them? Does the game keep adding them if I took out culling?
    (She/her)
  • Options

I think my load times only go up to five minutes (depending on the save file and how much cc I've got in), but I've never actually timed it and unfortunately playing isn't part of my plans for today.
  • Options

Whoops. :D I meant my laptop is low-end, aka a toaster, which I thought was cute when someone else said that about their machine.

Here's my dxdiag (text format, not zipped), if anybody cares...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ihd169q4k4vugd9/DxDiag09252016.txt
  • Options
    Okay, I'll try playing around with those settings and see what happens.

OH! A few questions regarding NPCs: What about the homeless NPCs? Can I get rid of them? Does the game keep adding them if I took out culling?
    There should be a setting under population (?) for maximum homeless. Set that to 0 and the game will only generate NPCs that it seems "necessary" (Grim, mail carrier, and a few others).
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Whoops. :D I meant my laptop is low-end, aka a toaster, which I thought was cute when someone else said that about their machine.

Here's my dxdiag (text format, not zipped), if anybody cares...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ihd169q4k4vugd9/DxDiag09252016.txt

i was only playing with you i'm sure you knew that though. before work i can't go in game so i get bored.
  • Options
    There should be a setting under population (?) for maximum homeless. Set that to 0 and the game will only generate NPCs that it seems "necessary" (Grim, mail carrier, and a few others).

Nice! :smiley:

Would there still be enough NPCs for the restaurants and stores employees/employers, though?

(She/her)
  • Options

Nice! :smiley:

Would there still be enough NPCs for the restaurants and stores employees/employers, though?

The game will make what it needs, the "role" sims, like NPC jobbers and employees and stuff. Don't worry, you aren't going to run out. Ever. LOLOL!!

:)
  • Options
    DP has really put a ton of work into the population module, he's got it dialed in now to where career etc sims come along when they should, and so that if you want to cut down on extra families and joggers and unnecessary sims, you can.

Max Homeless is in the Populating... submenu, I think. (If not, check Moving. It's one or the other.)

I'm running out of steam, bed is looking better, but not quite yet.

Seems like I wanted to say something else, but I just lost it. If I think of whatever it was, I'll post it. Bleah.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The game will make what it needs, the "role" sims, like NPC jobbers and employees and stuff. Don't worry, you aren't going to run out. Ever. LOLOL!!

:)
    Oh, okay! Thank you for the reassurance! :smiley:

Thank you all ( @Pegasus143 , @Bonxie , and @egwarhammer ) so, so much! :smile: I love Sims 4, so anything that can help with the culling and decaying, the better!

Allright. Going to start playing some today. :blush:

I'm going to get rid of homeless (sorry, homeless! :lol: ), and then play around with these settings (start low and then go down) and see what happens. :smile:

ETA: @egwarhammer , let me know if you ever remembered what it is you were going to say, lol. :smiley:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    About those decay settings, I had mine on 2 and 1 (friendly/romantic) for a little while. I was seeing what the level difference was. I didn't care for it, after a couple of RL days, I put both at 0, and that's probably where I'll leave them.

At 100 you'd probably have a town full of amnesiacs after a day or two. WAY too steep, IMO.

The mailbox cheats can help you ditch a bunch of sims at a time. >:)
  • Options
    I just remembered, it was about role sims and families.

If you're hanging out at a park (I like Desert Bloom a LOT), it won't matter if you have Maximum Homeless at 0, for a park, those 3 person (mom, teen, kid) families are considered Roles.

I found out when I asked DP what was going on, because with my Max setting at 0 and getting 3 of those families generated, I was afraid something was wrong. It wasn't, they just get a pass through there, because of the lot type.

That may not be the only "exception" but it's the only time I've seen it, so far. I haven't visited many lots, honestly. That's on the list for this week while I'm off, going on walkabout and seeing what/who spawns.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top