Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    @egwarhammer my dead thread comment slipped in from the edited (how to find MCC etc) version posted on the other thread I was originally sharing this response to. After posting I thought I'd search this thread and see if a similar situation/question had come up and share here also, however, as you pointed out it did seem appropriate!
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Kluenii wrote: »
    @egwarhammer my dead thread comment slipped in from the edited (how to find MCC etc) version posted on the other thread I was originally sharing this response to. After posting I thought I'd search this thread and see if a similar situation/question had come up and share here also, however, as you pointed out it did seem appropriate!

I actually ran into that other thread this morning, and I was like, OH! I saw the July 20 posts... ;)

• Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Edit: aw plum. I see what my "problem" was. I'm sorry, please disregard that last post. I am an plum.

So, now, nosy cheerleader wants to know more... what'd you do? ;)

You don't have to tell me, but, I'm intrigued... B)

Want me to PM you... or can you send those? I'm never sure what new members can/can't do, it changes sometimes.

I feel really dumb, but here's what I did: 99% of the time that I start a new household I use a brand new sim that's never been played before. This one particular time, however, I happened to use a sim from my gallery that was pre-played: a Wonder Child sim. So naturally she started out with a load of skills and pre-completed achievements. That's why the aspiration jumped to the last stage.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options

We need a BRILLIANT button. This is awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing it.

I LOL'd at "dead thread" what with it being about ghosts and all... hahaha!!!

I did discover one minor flaw with the tombstone recovery so perhaps not so quick with the praise :)

Took my current legacy heir to the lot to collect the tombstones and couldn't pick them up, but they are all clickable and can summon ghosts of the family, so for now, with the hidden residence underground, will keep the lot as a residence, leave the keeper down there with her piano and lock the door. Leaving the lot free for visitors to spend time with their family ghosts. Urns in my inventory from family that have died on my lot/in my presence can be placed so this still is a work around

I am still a fairly new poster and can't put up any images or links yet, but if anyone is interested ht.tps://goo.gl/photos/Y12mA7R6jfZCvkfG9
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I need to know who's playing on a Mac.

If you're on one, and you've ever edited the mc config file, what program do you use for that? Someone said TextEdit won't work. So, what will?

I'm Mac clueless, I'd love to know some basics on what works with what we need to be able to do with this mod/game. Thanks!

I play on PC, but I do have a mac as well, but not even MCCmD installed on it *ashamed* :P
    However, Im also one of the advanced users, so I use pico/nano to edit any config file if I feel the need to edit manually.
    That however requires use of terminal and terminal commands.

I will check why textedit wont work though.

I can check if I find any graphical option for it.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    Said and done, I tried installing MC CmD on my macbook, and after going in and and changing some settings, I quit the game and opened the folder in finder.
    I then right clicked mc_settings.cfg - open with, and that was blank.
    You actually have to click open with - other... and browse down to TextEdit.
    Done!
    You have now opened the config file in Textedit.
    I even tried editing the file, (which is not recommended, and you should always use the in game settings)
    And double checked in game so the right value was changed, which it was.
    So yes, you can use TextEdit to open mc_settings.cfg
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »
    Said and done, I tried installing MC CmD on my macbook, and after going in and and changing some settings, I quit the game and opened the folder in finder.
    Done!
    I even tried editing the file, (which is not recommended, and you should always use the in game settings)

Thanks, @itsug ! :) Posted the link to your post to MC (where the question was asked), but the player is here, too, so we may hear something locally. :)

Appreciate it!
  • Options
    Ah! havent checked those comments for a while. :)
  • Options
    Done!

True 99% of the time. For now, though, there's this posted on MC's Description Page:
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed below in the MC Occult section!

You may also need to do it for the new Age Span settings, too. That area snagged on me pretty badly, I ended up bounced from Ages to Pregnancy via Dresser. Um... LOL!!

Generally, you're right, though, it's been a LONG time since any of us have advocated making changes to the config file this way. UI is better, IF it's working. Bugs snuck into 2.15. Bet they're gone in 2.16. ;)

Sorry for the 2nd stab at this message, I had to take my kid to the doctor this morning (things are okay), and was a little frazzled before we left, when I wrote the previous post. I missed a spot.

RL has inserted itself into my morning HARD. But things ended well. Tests done, shot given, meds on order. Good stuff. Bonus: school excuse. LOL! (Worth the trip, alone.)
  • Options
    BubsGirl291BubsGirl291 Posts: 49 New Member
    My pregnant teen sims do not have trimester bellies, and I cannot Chang the trimesters. Also, it does not show how many children she is pregnant with. Is this a glitch?
  • Options
    Done!

True 99% of the time. For now, though, there's this posted on MC's Description Page:
    NOTE that there is a bug in 2.15.0 for setting Alien Abduction Frequency in MC Occult!! The Occult_AlienFrequency setting in mc_settings.cfg will have to be manually changed for this release with a text-file editor. The values available for that setting are listed below in the MC Occult section!

You may also need to do it for the new Age Span settings, too. That area snagged on me pretty badly, I ended up bounced from Ages to Pregnancy via Dresser. Um... LOL!!

Generally, you're right, though, it's been a LONG time since any of us have advocated making changes to the config file this way. UI is better, IF it's working. Bugs snuck into 2.15. Bet they're gone in 2.16. ;)

Sorry for the 2nd stab at this message, I had to take my kid to the doctor this morning (things are okay), and was a little frazzled before we left, when I wrote the previous post. I missed a spot.

RL has inserted itself into my morning HARD. But things ended well. Tests done, shot given, meds on order. Good stuff. Bonus: school excuse. LOL! (Worth the trip, alone.)
    RL first at all times. :)
    And those bugs will probably be fixed faster then we can say "plumbobs for everyone" :D
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My pregnant VYA (edit: EG) sims do not have trimester bellies, and I cannot Chang the trimesters. Also, it does not show how many children she is pregnant with. Is this a glitch?

Please don't put the P and T words together. Big flag here. Bad idea. (Friendly heads-up.)

VYA=very young adult. ;)

You need the CAS module for bellies. Pregnancy module for trimesters etc info. How much of MC do you have installed, and is it version 2.15? Do you have the extra piece available from the 2nd site?

Do you have Show Sim Menus enabled in your mc_settings.cfg file? It's under Other Settings in the MC computer UI menu. With that turned on, you SHOULD see the Pregnancy submenu (and several others) under the Sim > MC button.

Edit: figured out how to post something here.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer Just to update you on the tombstones I resolved the inability to collect them with my active family by delivering them to the family lot and leaving them on the door step! Lol So it does work resulting in an active grave yard with fully working tombstones. My post count is still too low to share links or images but I have put an edited link on my wall to a walk through. Feel free to share with MCC! Couldn't have figured out the process with out it!
  • Options
    CatrixiahCatrixiah Posts: 78 Member
    Hi all. Just to be clear, if I have the pregnancy module installed in the game, I can still control which Sims have children and when. I play rotationally but still want to decide who has children and not have them on thier own accord when I'm not ready to work on that particular household. Not all my young adults or adults will be having children in thier futures.
  • Options
    Catrixiah wrote: »
    Hi all. Just to be clear, if I have the pregnancy module installed in the game, I can still control which Sims have children and when. I play rotationally but still want to decide who has children and not have them on thier own accord when I'm not ready to work on that particular household. Not all my young adults or adults will be having children in thier futures.

There are different ways to do this. If you don't want *any* YA having kids right now, for example, take that age out of your Pregnancy Ages setting.

If you only want specific YAs having kids (or specific members of any age group), this is a little more involved, but you can use Flags to set No Offspring on the ones you want kept out of alarm runs. There's a Never Marry flag, too, for those you want to stay single. Any flag can be removed whenever you decide it isn't needed any longer.

In my game, I let my teens get married, but I flagged them for No Offspring. Affairs enabled, for drama... Nancy Landgraab's first grandchild (from prodigal son Johnny Zest) is illegitimate... I think that's kinda funny... ;)

How many people are in your hood? Running get_pop in the cheat window will give you an overall number. get_pop b will print out stats to your mc log, if you'd like more details. It's handy for knowing how many of each age/gender you have, and some different types of sims are detailed, too.

I'm asking because there's a cheat you can use to add all the sims in your game to your relpanel, which makes flagging them en masse TONS easier. BUT, the downside is, it can slow down your game, depending on how many sims are in it, when the relpanel for that sim loads. On my laptop, it also seems to cause "not responding" things to happen if I use MC's way into CAS and then exit back to live mode. Strange, but it's consistent. It hasn't locked up on me in a long time, but it used to. I had a fan burn up, it may have been before the replacement job. Haven't seen it lately, but I do still get the spinny circle at times. Just FYI.

Forget sim can be used to cut relpanel size back down after a flag blitz, if you're interested.

Here's the cheat... I'd recommend using it from a sim you don't play a lot, one that doesn't have tons of inventory or other people living there, and so on. I usually will spin a new Save As game copy BEFORE I trigger it, so I can go back to when it wasn't there, if something sticks too severely.

relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others

Just look at the various sim flags. Oh, wait. Here's another thing, flags are different depending on whether sims are played or unplayed. At the beginning of a game, and sometimes farther in, I'll mark EVERYBODY unplayed but the sim I'm using for the flagging, to make it easier to get to all the available flags at once. And then as I go through and decide who I want to mark as played again (usually depends on whether they have a job/played or not (either or, here, depends on the sim), or if they're in an NPC job/unplayed... etc), I'll see what other flags come up.

The skills rate adjustment flag can only be set on your active household. The ancestral household flag can only be set on a different household than your own.

Deaderpool and I had an interesting conversation about "conditions" a while back. Mod's full of them! :smiley:

Let me know if some of this helps. :smile:
  • Options
    @egwarhammer Just to update you on the tombstones I resolved the inability to collect them with my active family by delivering them to the family lot and leaving them on the door step! Lol So it does work resulting in an active grave yard with fully working tombstones. My post count is still too low to share links or images but I have put an edited link on my wall to a walk through. Feel free to share with MCC! Couldn't have figured out the process with out it!

That's really cool! If you want to post pictures, I like TinyPic, but any sharing site would do. Put the picture there, and when you try to post the link, put a period in http, like ht.tp (that breaks it enough to post). From there any Member can fix it back to show the picture for you in another post. :) We do it all the time.
  • Options
    Thank you @egwarhammer, from what I can see the "bypass played households" is true so if I understand correctly I shouldn't have any surprise pregnancies since ALL my households are played. In saying this, I'm going to go around flagging Sims for different things just to be safe :)

Apparently I have 194 Sims but that must be including my daughter's families in Newcrest (I play Willowcreek).
  • Options
    Thank you @egwarhammer, from what I can see the "bypass played households" is true so if I understand correctly I shouldn't have any surprise pregnancies since ALL my households are played. In saying this, I'm going to go around flagging Sims for different things just to be safe :)

Apparently I have 194 Sims but that must be including my daughter's families in Newcrest (I play Willowcreek).

Just to be safe, at about 10-15 minutes before midnight, save your game and roll a new save as copy. Then run the alarm, and if you like it, cool. If not, you can reload the other save and run another copy (after changing flags or settings or whatever to take care of the EW! thing).

I usually do two alarm runs (sometimes 3), if anything interesting is running. With flagging between. Or something... played/unplayed, who lives where, different things I might want to set up a little more, before letting it run again.

194? Yeah, do you mean your RL daughter? (Could be in-game daughter...) All the 'hoods go into the same save file. I put my NPCs in Newcrest, mostly. So I won't forget and play them. I play WC the most, but I'm in and out of OS and WB, too. I put one of the spas on that extra empty lot in the retail world.

Did you run get_pop b and check out your log? Just curious. :) Also wondering about your game setup now... shared? Her sims will be caught by the mod, unless they're all played, too.

I hope that isn't too Captain Obvious. It's one of those gray things, IMO. Nobody knows everything, certainly not about this game. <shrug>

• Options

Just to be safe, at about 10-15 minutes before midnight, save your game and roll a new save as copy. Then run the alarm, and if you like it, cool. If not, you can reload the other save and run another copy (after changing flags or settings or whatever to take care of the EW! thing).

I usually do two alarm runs (sometimes 3), if anything interesting is running. With flagging between. Or something... played/unplayed, who lives where, different things I might want to set up a little more, before letting it run again.

194? Yeah, do you mean your RL daughter? (Could be in-game daughter...) All the 'hoods go into the same save file. I put my NPCs in Newcrest, mostly. So I won't forget and play them. I play WC the most, but I'm in and out of OS and WB, too. I put one of the spas on that extra empty lot in the retail world.

Did you run get_pop b and check out your log? Just curious. :) Also wondering about your game setup now... shared? Her sims will be caught by the mod, unless they're all played, too.

I hope that isn't too Captain Obvious. It's one of those gray things, IMO. Nobody knows everything, certainly not about this game. <shrug>

I did use the get_pop thing and that figure is the one it came up with. I can't find how it got to that as I counted all the Sims in my gallery and it doesn't come to that amount lol. I have aging off on the game cause there are too many households to get to before everyone ages and things I want to do with them don't get done.
    Anyway, thanks for the heads up regards my RL daughter's game; I might remove that particular module to save her the unexpected surprises.

BTW it looks like I may have a sim pregnant by the reaper (I did a little tweaking)- I'll keep you posted ;)
  • Options
    @egwarhammer
    here's a couple from one of the mass collection sessions I did

3 different generations here
    [IMG]ht.tp://i64.tinypic.com/21dpk53.jpg[/IMG]

brought back to life, only to die again
    [IMG]ht.tp://i67.tinypic.com/28iqoox.jpg[/IMG]

A collection of working Urns - about 30 in total here
    [IMG]ht.tp://i64.tinypic.com/vh3h1t.jpg[/IMG]

Everything back in place as a working graveyard .. partially thanks to MCC!
    [IMG]ht.tp://i65.tinypic.com/x2jqsp.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited September 2016
    Is there a way, with MC to force a certain sim into a certain npc job? I'm having issues getting specific sims hired at some of my restaurants. No matter what I try the sim I want for a host or waiter does not show up as an option. And if it's not possible with MC, is there another mod out there that will allow me to do this?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Pictures... :)
    @egwarhammer
    here's a couple from one of the mass collection sessions I did

3 different generations here
    21dpk53.jpg

brought back to life, only to die again
    28iqoox.jpg

A collection of working Urns - about 30 in total here
    vh3h1t.jpg

Everything back in place as a working graveyard .. partially thanks to MCC!
    x2jqsp.jpg

Post later, I just woke up. ;)
  • Options
    @Catrixiah

Run get_pop b and window out to your /Sims4/Mods/MC folder, and look at your mc_cmd_center.log file with any text editor. You'll see something like this, which will tell you exactly who/where everybody is.

[09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Sims: 137
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Female Sims: 80
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Male Sims: 57
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Grim Reapers: 0
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Babies - Female: 4, Male: 2
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Children - Female: 5, Male: 9
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Teens - Female: 12, Male: 4
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Young Adults - Female: 31, Male: 25
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Adults - Female: 24, Male: 13
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Elders - Female: 4, Male: 4
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Ghosts: 0
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Homeless Sims: 23
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Homed Sims: 114
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Married Sims: 72
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Pregnant Sims: 5
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Sims in Hidden Households: 6
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Aliens: 5
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Special Sims: 2
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Households: 60
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Homeless Households: 13
    [09/20/16 10:39:02]Total Homed Households: 47
  • Options
    Is there a way, with MC to force a certain sim into a certain npc job? I'm having issues getting specific sims hired at some of my restaurants. No matter what I try the sim I want for a host or waiter does not show up as an option. And if it's not possible with MC, is there another mod out there that will allow me to do this?

Are the sims you're trying to hire for sure marked UNplayed? If so, it could be something in their skills keeping them out of the hiring pool. I think a Chef has to have a decent level Cooking skill (regular), although it's Gourmet cooking they're working on in the restaurant. (Go figure.)

Chefs I've had have come with at least level 7 cooking. I haven't really looked at hosts/waiters to see what they "must have." But you might try using the Show Sim Info mod to look at your already hired employees (put some in a new restaurant for testing/info purposes, if you only have the one you're playing with, you can delete the other one later if you like?) and see what the one you WANT to hire could be lacking.

BTW, you *can* use MC to set skills on sims, if the lack of one turns out to be what's causing your snag. I'm not sure which window it's under, probably Sim > MC > Cheats, though. (Maybe Sim Commands, if not cheats. I haven't had my game open lately, work weeks are like that. Two shifts to go! :) )
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member

Are the sims you're trying to hire for sure marked UNplayed? If so, it could be something in their skills keeping them out of the hiring pool. I think a Chef has to have a decent level Cooking skill (regular), although it's Gourmet cooking they're working on in the restaurant. (Go figure.)

Chefs I've had have come with at least level 7 cooking. I haven't really looked at hosts/waiters to see what they "must have." But you might try using the Show Sim Info mod to look at your already hired employees (put some in a new restaurant for testing/info purposes, if you only have the one you're playing with, you can delete the other one later if you like?) and see what the one you WANT to hire could be lacking.

BTW, you *can* use MC to set skills on sims, if the lack of one turns out to be what's causing your snag. I'm not sure which window it's under, probably Sim > MC > Cheats, though. (Maybe Sim Commands, if not cheats. I haven't had my game open lately, work weeks are like that. Two shifts to go! :) )

Yes, I definitely marked them as UNplayed, and also Not in World....
    Hmm, I hadnt thought of the skills getting in the way, I'll see if that changes anything, I'll report back later when I try that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top