Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 2016
    Sure I give good hugs, but only for the survivors wink wink. I'm terrible!
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Oh, Maladi. Why are you torturing yourself? (Nah, I know why, just kidding.) *hugs*
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh, Maladi. Why are you torturing yourself? (Nah, I know why, just kidding.) *hugs*

I don't know. I thought it was a good idea... Now I'm heartbroken. And so are the survivors.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I don't know. I thought it was a good idea... Now I'm heartbroken. And so are the survivors.

*quotes* Character growth, it wouldn't be meaningful if they all survive, it's inevitable...
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options

*quotes* Character growth, it wouldn't be meaningful if they all survive, it's inevitable...

I stand by my decision. Doesn't mean it's an easy one. I hope I won't have to do anything so drastic again. Well, there will be some more intense moments but nothing like this. Okay, back to writing. *takes a deep breath*
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Awwww! :cookie:
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    You poor soul!! :( You need a hug!!
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    You make me so anxious! I hope you (and your characters) are okay!
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    Awwww you poor thing! Now you know how I felt having to make the decision for my legacy. :confounded:

Don't worry though I'm sure you wrote it wonderfully! :heart:
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member

I stand by my decision. Doesn't mean it's an easy one. I hope I won't have to do anything so drastic again. Well, there will be some more intense moments but nothing like this. Okay, back to writing. *takes a deep breath*

*Gives virtual cookie annd hug* take a break if you need too, just cry it out about next chapter, you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I like how you've set this up so that everybody's consoling you rather than getting mad at you... Rest assured I'll still be mad! :p
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I like how you've set this up so that everybody's consoling you rather than getting mad at you... Rest assured I'll still be mad! :p

he he, I think I’m on this ship. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

he he, I think I’m on this ship. :p

Hahaha glad I'm not the only one :D
  • Options

Good, because I deserve that! :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Okay, now I'm seriously worried about safety of your characters.
    Especially about Tony. I really hope he's not going to sacrifice himself to save his family and I think it's very likely considering his Italian family fondness!

Please, let them live.
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Okay, now I'm seriously worried about safety of your characters.
    You're not the only one. :) I'm curious and anxiuous about what the next update will bring. But maybe Maladi777 shouldn't hasten the update process: on this side of the screen all the (beloved) main characters are still alive, albeit not all are comfortable. ;)

Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Okay, I wrote the worst part, I think. And honestly, I never thought it would be this hard. I'm a mess right now. (I probably shouldn't have listened to that old italian song while writing, it made me even more tearful). Now I know exactly how my poor characters feel. And I'm far from finished. Me and my characters need multiple hugs right now. :'(

Many hugs! Anxiously waiting!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We are going to see one of these three characters for the last time in the next chapter. The loss will make one of them very lonely and the other very angry. Both survivors will mourn in their own way, but they will not grieve together as you would expect them to do and as they should. Instead they will drift apart.

A29b.jpg

When we first met Tony, he was his typical confident, not to say arrogant self. He only approached Beryl to make even more money than he already had. Meeting her changed his life. She wasn't afraid of him, she seemed to be immune to his charms and she kept constantly judging him for his ways. She made him remember his more human side. He wanted to become a better person to be worthy of her. He would do anything to make her happy and to protect her and their son.

A31b.jpg

Beryl was an idealist most of her young adult life. Her idealism suffered an injury when she found herself pregnant without a life partner to lean on. Fortunately, the Heffner family was always there for her in those hard times. Although we didn't see much of her during Chris and Kellie's teenage years she was a good mother to them. She loves them and wouldn't hesitate to give her life for any of them.

A32b.jpg

Chris always missed his father's presence in their lives. He knew his mother missed him too and he did all he could to fill the empty place his father left. He took up the mantle of protector of his mother and sister.

Feel free to speculate who is going to become the unfortunate victim of my writing.

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I bet it's Tony or Beryl. You wouldn't be so cruel to steal away a YAs life and isn't he the heir? Or is it Kellie? Is Kellie even eligible? Wait never mind. It can't be Kellie and it's a democracy so it'll either be Chris or Ronan's kid who I don't know the name of. So it can't be Chris because then their will be no vote. Hmm...
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Time to utilize the character analysis machine.

Analyzing the three characters 0%
    ..... 50% done
    Analysis complete. 100%

I would say it's Tony who will face death. If Chris were to die, then there would be no heir. I know Kellie isn't eligible to be heiress because she's adopted and adopted children aren't eligible to be heir or heiress. Could Celeste be the next generation's heiress if Chris's death were to happen? I really hope it's not Beryl or Chris who will face death. I love Beryl to pieces and it'll break my heart to see her die.

Reactions: Beryl could be very lonely because throughout the story, I've seen her attached to him and of course, working with him, for quite a long time since the teen years. The marriage with Roman seems to be a bit of conflicting one. Chris would be very angry because for a long time, he hasn't seen his dad and I have a feeling he's worried about him. Think of the celebrations Tony might've missed. If it's Tony, remember to make a memorial for him.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Ohhh it is so beautiful to summerize their life and role in the story <3 . I won't speculate cause I know the one already. With logic you can actually find it out. That is what I did cause of little hints Maladi gave us. (That was in June by the way)
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    This makes me so sad! All three are amazing characters and I don't want to lose either of them :cry:
    Super curious for the next chapter!
  • Options
    Oh no. It's Chris, isn't it.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    We are going to see one of these three characters for the last time in the next chapter. The loss will make one of them very lonely and the other very angry. Both survivors will mourn in their own way, but they will not grieve together as you would expect them to do and as they should. Instead they will drift apart.

A29b.jpg

When we first met Tony, he was his typical confident, not to say arrogant self. He only approached Beryl to make even more money than he already had. Meeting her changed his life. She wasn't afraid of him, she seemed to be immune to his charms and she kept constantly judging him for his ways. She made him remember his more human side. He wanted to become a better person to be worthy of her. He would do anything to make her happy and to protect her and their son.

A31b.jpg

Beryl was an idealist most of her young adult life. Her idealism suffered an injury when she found herself pregnant without a life partner to lean on. Fortunately, the Heffner family was always there for her in those hard times. Although we didn't see much of her during Chris and Kellie's teenage years she was a good mother to them. She loves them and wouldn't hesitate to give her life for any of them.

A32b.jpg

Chris always missed his father's presence in their lives. He knew his mother missed him too and he did all he could to fill the empty place his father left. He took up the mantle of protector of his mother and sister.

Feel free to speculate who is going to become the unfortunate victim of my writing.

Ahhhh! Already crying! :cry::scream:

My theory: Tony sacrifices himself to save his whole family. Chris becomes an angry young man and Beryl is beside herself in grief at the loss of her true love. Chris and Beryl drift apart because Chris is mad Beryl couldn't give up her life to marry the man she loved and robbed him of the chance to really get to know his father....he can't stand the sight of his new sibling either and can't wait to get out of the house. Bitterness drives a wedge between mother and son like we've never seen before in the Heffner family...sigh...

RIP Tony! We love you!! <3:s

Of course, I could be way off! Ha! It could go any number of ways. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm biting my nails!! Gah! :scream:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, one would almost think you're enjoying this. Kind of sounds like the Hunger Games.

I've always thought it was going to be Chris, and my guess hasn't changed. The day Celeste was born was his death sentense.