Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I bet it's Tony or Beryl. You wouldn't be so cruel to steal away a YAs life and isn't he the heir? Or is it Kellie? Is Kellie even eligible? Wait never mind. It can't be Kellie and it's a democracy so it'll either be Chris or Ronan's kid who I don't know the name of. So it can't be Chris because then their will be no vote. Hmm...

Uhm... well, about the heir vote. I decided there won't be one this time, regardless of the fact who dies. I'm going against the rules here, but in case of protests I'm also pulling the "I'm the author" card.

@Marialein It might seem easy to you but it isn't. Any of them is a good candidate for dying. Tony can die trying to fight his way into the compound. Or his plan might fail and Beryl or Chris might get killed for his cheating in "the game". Celeste can still become the heir in case Chris dies. What if I'm going to kill Chris to cure Kellie of her attraction to him for good? Or what if Beryl will sacrifice herself to save Chris like a good mother would? That would make Tony lonely as never before. Any of them has a good reason to be angy. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Maladi777 yes I know that it isn't that easy for those who doesn't know the answer. I have to say that it was easier when I figured it out than now. Every speculation I read till now makes totally sense :o
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited September 2016
    Actually, I kinda hope it's Beryl. Chris needs a chance to finally bond with his father and Tony needs the chance to be with his son.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Ahhhh! Already crying! :cry::scream:

My theory: Tony sacrifices himself to save his whole family. Chris becomes an angry young man and Beryl is beside herself in grief at the loss of her true love. Chris and Beryl drift apart because Chris is mad Beryl couldn't give up her life to marry the man she loved and robbed him of the chance to really get to know his father....he can't stand the sight of his new sibling either and can't wait to get out of the house. Bitterness drives a wedge between mother and son like we've never seen before in the Heffner family...sigh...

RIP Tony! We love you!! <3:s

Of course, I could be way off! Ha! It could go any number of ways. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm biting my nails!! Gah! :scream:

This is a pretty good analysis of the situation. I won't tell you if you're correct, but I love your theory.
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Wow, one would almost think you're enjoying this. Kind of sounds like the Hunger Games.

I've always thought it was going to be Chris, and my guess hasn't changed. The day Celeste was born was his death sentense.

I'm enjoying the speculations, yes. This is a key moment in the story and will affect everything from now on. I admit I haven't posted the chapter yet partly because I want to keep the characters alive as long as possible. I know I'm making a big fuss about it :smile: but I've built a whole plot around this moment and I'm reaping the harvest right now. ;)

As for your guess and Celeste's birth being Chris' death sentence, what if it is my attempt to put you off the scent? ;)
    Marialein wrote: »
    @Maladi777 yes I know that it isn't that easy for those who doesn't know the answer. I have to say that it was easier when I figured it out than now. Every speculation I read till now makes totally sense :o

They do! And I love it that the readers are so observant!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Actually, I kinda hope it's Beryl. Chris needs a chance to finally bond with his father and Tony needs the chance to be with his son.

Since the survivors won't grieve together I'm afraid your wish won't come true even if it is Tony and Chris who will stay alive. :/
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Wow, one would almost think you're enjoying this. Kind of sounds like the Hunger Games.

I've always thought it was going to be Chris, and my guess hasn't changed. The day Celeste was born was his death sentense.

As for your guess and Celeste's birth being Chris' death sentence, what if it is my attempt to put you off the scent? ;)

Haha nope, I think this is :p

I have pretty good reasons for my guess, it's based on where I think you want to go with the story.

That being said I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, since I'd find it easier to handle the death of the other two.

• Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited September 2016
    This may sound indifferent but does it really matter who dies this is a legacy challenge and we still have 7 gens left so the story won't end with anyone of their deaths. I just want our beloved author to post the next chapter already. We can't mourn what we don't know.
  • Options

Haha nope, I think this is :p

I have pretty good reasons for my guess, it's based on where I think you want to go with the story.

That being said I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, since I'd find it easier to handle the death of the other two.

Oh, now I can't wait to post the update to continue our discussion. And I'm really curious where you think I want to go with the story. Feel free to PM me your theory. I'd love to read it. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I don't even know what to think i want all of them to stay alive :'(
    I do think it will be Beryl though. Very sad, i know but it would make sense for Chris to be mad at this father for not saving his mom and Tony Sad becuase he lost the love of his life.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Bu.bu.bu..bu...but what about those amazing meatball genes? She can't possibly get rid of those!! NOOOOOO!

If that's true, I'll be UPSET! I guess I do have his brother from another mother in my Amazon story but still...(and I will NEVER kill off Kanui.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Ok... I'll try to be logical as much as it's possible. So... Chris can't die because he's a heir. Tony is too smart and he's professional, so it's not easy to kill him, although it's possible, of course. So Beryl. If someone thinks of revenge in this situation, so this person will try to do anything that Tony would suffer more. So he'll kill his beloved woman. And... Honestly, would you let to die Tony, @Maladi777 ? ;) I don't think so :) So he'll be that person who will be very angry. That's what I think. But better let's wait for the new chapter ;)
  • Options
    Ok... I'll try to be logical as much as it's possible. So... Chris can't die because he's a heir. Tony is too smart and he's professional, so it's not easy to kill him, although it's possible, of course. So Beryl. If someone thinks of revenge in this situation, so this person will try to do anything that Tony would suffer more. So he'll kill his beloved woman. And... Honestly, would you let to die Tony, @Maladi777 ? ;) I don't think so :) So he'll be that person who will be very angry. That's what I think. But better let's wait for the new chapter ;)

I almost went with this scenario, but the lonely thing got me...I guess Chris would be lonely, but he's about to become a YA and on his own with his future ahead of him. Tony of course would be angry--lonely doesn't make sense here because he's been lonely without Beryl much of this generation. Idk...I really don't think the Chris scenario makes much sense. Why waste those genes PLUS Chris has AMAZING story potential. Why let all that backstory dry up and leave us with an unknown character like Celeste?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

Chris most certainly can die because the heir has not been named. Celeste has as much right to it as he does…much to our dismay.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    @pammiechick Oh, Tony can be lonely too. One thing is being alone while knowing there's someone out there you love a who loves you too, even though you can't be together. You can still go and see them whenever you want. Losing that person gives the loneliness a new meaning.

@Jes2G Poor Celeste, being disliked by the readers before she even made her mark on the world. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    I actually don't hate Celeste. She hasn't done anything wrong.
  • Options
    I don’t think anyone actually hates her. We don’t know her and are heavily biased toward Chris. I think it’s natural!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone actually hates her. We don’t know her and are heavily biased toward Chris. I think it’s natural!

I might have used a too strong word for describing that you're nor particularly fond of the idea of her becoming the heir. :)

Anyway, I'm planning to post the dreaded next chapter during the weekend, to finally stop being a terrible author who only keeps teasing you.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Does't Beryl still have a couple books to write? Maybe I missed them somehow. I have a feeling it will be Chris but I don't know why.
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

I might have used a too strong word for describing that you're nor particularly fond of the idea of her becoming the heir. :)

Anyway, I'm planning to post the dreaded next chapter during the weekend, to finally stop being a terrible author who only keeps teasing you.

Please and thank you. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @pammiechick Oh, Tony can be lonely too. One thing is being alone while knowing there's someone out there you love a who loves you too, even though you can't be together. You can still go and see them whenever you want. Losing that person gives the loneliness a new meaning.

@Jes2G Poor Celeste, being disliked by the readers before she even made her mark on the world. :)

We just do not know Celeste. She has huge boots to fill if Chris dies. Beware...

I can see Tony's loneliness but Chris was never close to him so I don't see how it would make much difference in their relationship. Anyway...I will find out soon, I guess.

For me, Tony's death makes the most sense story-wise. I was thinking about it and cried just knowing how attached you are to him. It would be a hard scene to write for you...(and me reading it.) Beryl and Chris wouldn't be that impactful. I'd be mad about Chris because of his potential and sad for Tony with the loss of Beryl. I like Beryl but really couldn't forgive her for not allowing herself to be with Tony all these years.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Since the survivors won't grieve together I'm afraid your wish won't come true even if it is Tony and Chris who will stay alive. :/

Well, it was worth a shot.
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    When are we getting this much-anticipated update? :blush:
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Hopefully today. :smile:@Marialein have done the beta reading for me and tried to convince me to give you the shorter version to tease you some more ;) but I don't want to separate the chapter into more parts this time.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Hopefully today. :smile:@Marialein have done the beta reading for me and tried to convince me to give you the shorter version to tease you some more ;) but I don't want to separate the chapter into more parts this time.

Good, because I'm on edge. Have you used any of the no, you're dying type poses?
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options

No teasing! It's going to be hard enough!!! :angry::anguished::astonished:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg