The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

YET ANOTHER LEAK! CURRY, POOL TABLES, 2 NEW TRAITS! NEW WEEKLY RANDOMISER!

Comments

• Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Shakuahi wrote: »
    Don't insult Robin Hood by comparing him with a coward. People knew who Robin Hood was, the leaker wants to stay secret because they know what they are doing is wrong.

I don't believe that in case of @Swiftlover13 there was any leaker. He simply made up the whole story. This is the only reason why this mysterious email wasn't shown - there is no email.

I agree, which in some ways makes him more evil than "real" leaks because he is making fun of the community who simply want info. That's disrespectful.

I don't like to accuse anyone so I decided to consider him as a Trickster from Supernatural. Now I'm waiting for Dean to kick some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or at least sing eye of a tiger.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I think this is fake. Among many other reasons--what sort of neighbourhood is named after a street? (Avenue). At least with Magnolia Promenade it was only the retail aspect so it would make sense to only be one district.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    If this were a team member who really didn't wanna get in trouble, surely wouldn't just play a game to decide which random forum-goer will get leaks emailed to them next? :u

All of these leaks are coming out too quickly/too close to one another to all be legit.

The images are (most likely) legit, see no reason how those could be fake, text from @The_SimScraper is likely to be real, but text from a random person is pretty doubtful, especially considering how some of these things we already have.

If I had a fansite I was trying to get off the ground, wasn't tied into anything (and I mean this with all respect) I'd be more likely to make things up than somebody on the internet would. Nobody can prove you're not telling fibs and it gets you more views on your website. Either way, you get your 15 minutes of fame so's to speak.

@The_SimScraper doesn't need 'fifteen minutes of fame' she does quite well off her own work. Suggesting she would lie to further her site is pretty low. Adding 'with all respect' doesn't take away that what you are suggesting is she is lying to gain attention for her site.

I didn't say she didn't get there off her own bat. Anything is possible. I didn't say she was, I said it was more probable that it would happen. How is it any more rude to insinuate the same of a simmer than a simmer with a website, if you please, since that's what we're doing?

Count yourself in 'we're' and not me, I'm not interested in this particular blame game.

It's pretty rude any way you want to point fingers but to suggest it's more likely about a fan site is where the lines get blurred and suddenly someone will pop up and say about it 'but that site has someone behind it who makes up x, y, z for views' just because of speculation on your part. You may not ever intend for that to happen but it's not fair to suggest that because she runs her own fan site that she's more likely to 'troll' the community. Which is what it would boil down to.

I've said all I'm saying. I wasn't suggesting anybody was trolling anybody, just that there'd be more of a reason to do it in that situation. I can't unsay it, nor will I. The end.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    If this were a team member who really didn't wanna get in trouble, surely wouldn't just play a game to decide which random forum-goer will get leaks emailed to them next? :u

All of these leaks are coming out too quickly/too close to one another to all be legit.

The images are (most likely) legit, see no reason how those could be fake, text from @The_SimScraper is likely to be real, but text from a random person is pretty doubtful, especially considering how some of these things we already have.

If I had a fansite I was trying to get off the ground, wasn't tied into anything (and I mean this with all respect) I'd be more likely to make things up than somebody on the internet would. Nobody can prove you're not telling fibs and it gets you more views on your website. Either way, you get your 15 minutes of fame so's to speak.

Just wanted to pop in and comment on this one post - The leaks I received were not fake, they are sent from the same email address as those screenshots and the render, the only reason I haven't shared screens of the email is because I don't want to a) Get the sender in trouble and b) End up having the account deleted, which in turn results in a loss of 'insider' info for you guys. I wouldn't make up some information to "get off the ground" as I blog for fun and as part of the community - NOT to make money, trick people or to receive freebies off on the Gurus (I have been given multiple copies of games to REVIEW, these copies only last a week and after that I pay for the game).

If the emails suddenly stop, I'll be the first to tell you guys as It'd be unfair to leave you in the dark about what's happening and this next part really makes me sound like a Guru but I was at no obligation to share that info I was sent, I did it because I care about everyone here and knew people wanted more info on EP3...NOT to trick people!

I didn't think they were. I wish I could explain what I meant in a better way. Since I can't, I won't.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why are you for them? You know that when the time is right, we'll be given teasers and trailers and screen shots that will do a better job of informing than you and your "leaker" are doing. If you love this game, why would you want to cheat the creators of this content by releasing their info before they do? Why are you trying to steal their thunder? Are you desperate for attention ("look everyone, I gave you the info you wanted even though it wasn't mine to give")? That makes you just as guilty as the "leaker". You think your being some kind of hero, but you're not, you're just trying to get attention for something someone else has spent a lot of time working on. What if someone did that to you, spoiled a surprise you were planning with no thought to how it would affect you? If I were in charge of EA, when the leaker is discovered, I would ban them and their cohort informer from buying this EP, maybe then they will appreciate the time, effort and money that went into bringing their idea to life and have a little more respect for property that isn't theirs to leak.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Don't theorize (especially if you have no specific evidence) and then call me "evil" because your theory suggests that.

X: I just received an e-mail.
    Y: Ok, show this email.
    X: <Here comes silence>
    Y: So there is no email?
    X: You don't have any evidence!

No, I don't have. But I don't have also any evidence that this email exist. I don't know you and I don't have a habit of believing strangers. As I said, I don't want to accuse you of anything and that's why I have chosed to think about you as a Trickster, not someone evil. Its nothing personal - I have 'no proof no fact' policy since I was a little kid. And I'm not buying this whole 'protecting leaker' stuff because you can easily cover traceable parts.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited September 2016

Don't theorize (especially if you have no specific evidence) and then call me "evil" because your theory suggests that.

No, I don't have. But I don't have also any evidence that this email exist. I don't know you and I don't have a habit of believing strangers. As I said, I don't want to accuse you of anything and that's why I have chosed to think about you as a Trickster, not someone evil. Its nothing personal - I have 'no proof no fact' policy since I was a little kid. And I'm not buying this whole 'protecting leaker' stuff because you can easily cover traceable parts.

Ima just leave this here... :tongue:
    14285102_1095106860527205_336060502_o.png?oh=6dae65976160c809b3e0a6de1584ab82&oe=57D0B487
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Why are you for them? You know that when the time is right, we'll be given teasers and trailers and screen shots that will do a better job of informing than you and your "leaker" are doing. If you love this game, why would you want to cheat the creators of this content by releasing their info before they do? Why are you trying to steal their thunder? Are you desperate for attention ("look everyone, I gave you the info you wanted even though it wasn't mine to give")? That makes you just as guilty as the "leaker". You think your being some kind of hero, but you're not, you're just trying to get attention for something someone else has spent a lot of time working on. What if someone did that to you, spoiled a surprise you were planning with no thought to how it would affect you? If I were in charge of EA, when the leaker is discovered, I would ban them and their cohort informer from buying this EP, maybe then they will appreciate the time, effort and money that went into bringing their idea to life and have a little more respect for property that isn't theirs to leak.

But we're all pretty sure at this point that these leaks are coming from EA themselves. How else would they:

a) Know the email addresses of everyone on the forums
    b) Have information about the pack at all
    c) Create a Speculation/Rumours section just after the pack was rumoured?

Therefore, the actual creators of the content must want to leak the information (as the leaks are probably coming from them) but management won't let them. It's a good business move because I've seen many people on this forum losing interest because of a lack of information, myself included.
  • Options
    In short, the actual creators of the game want to leak the info, but their product is being destroyed because they're not allowed to be management.
  • Options

Ima just leave this here... :tongue:
    14285102_1095106860527205_336060502_o.png?oh=6dae65976160c809b3e0a6de1584ab82&oe=57D0B487

How do you do this? I am so terrible with computers... :s
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @The_SimScraper - thanks, thats all I wanted. :)
    @Swiftlover13 - easiest way: use print screen option on your keyboard, open Paint, click 'paste' and then cover by any option (draw a square or use pen). 'Save as' and voila!
  • Options
    @The_SimScraper - thanks, thats all I wanted. :)
    @Swiftlover13 - easiest way: use print screen option on your keyboard, open Paint, click 'paste' and then cover by any option (draw a square or use pen). 'Save as' and voila!

I'll work on it right away!
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok, I've been reading this thread and some like it for a couple of days now. I just feel like I need to say this. I am not allowing myself to get excited over this, much less believe it at this point. I am in no way suggesting anyone is "lying," but it seems very suspect to me and I'd warn against throwing caution to the wind in this scenario.

What really gets me thinking is this: Lets say this is indeed a team member that has decided to go rogue and spill these tidbits, why only on the expansion pack? Why not elaborate on other areas the community has wanted more information on? If you are going to violate an NDA might as well go all the way.

If this leak turns out to be true I am almost pushed towards thinking this is some sort of strategic PR move from the marketing side of things. I just feel that it is a bit "weird" for the team to go essentially radio silent for so long, and go through great lengths to explain why they can't discuss X, Y, and Z. Then out of nowhere someone on the team decides to rebel? If it is a marketing scheme I'm not amused at all. In fact, I'd find it rather distasteful if the best they can come up with is to take advantage of the community in this way.

Anyway, time will tell whether or not this is in fact real. I'll wait it out.....
  • Options
    I've saved it onto my computer, but how do I upload it? I'm using Tinypic, and I've selected the file, but "upload now" does nothing...
  • Options

But we're all pretty sure at this point that these leaks are coming from EA themselves. How else would they:

a) Know the email addresses of everyone on the forums
    b) Have information about the pack at all
    c) Create a Speculation/Rumours section just after the pack was rumoured?

Therefore, the actual creators of the content must want to leak the information (as the leaks are probably coming from them) but management won't let them. It's a good business move because I've seen many people on this forum losing interest because of a lack of information, myself included.

I am pretty sure these leaks are not coming from EA. As a group, they would not go against what their management has decided to do (or not do) and release info as leaks just because they want to. They all would be fired. However, that doesn't mean one employee didn't make that decision on their own.

a) They do not have our email addresses unless we have given it to them. Have you given them yours?
    b) Maybe they work for or know someone who works for EA. Still does not make it right to break your non-disclosure agreement.
    c) The Spec and Rum thread was created because the Gen Disc thread was being over run with speculation, so, now it has it's own home out of the way where fantasies can run amuck.

It's possible one employee (who may lose their job) leaked info. It does not follow that all were in agreement with that person and gave them their permission. And you still are not admitting to your part in this process. You may (or may not) have been sent info that should not have been sent to you. It then becomes your responsibility to do what is right and ignore it or do what is wrong and post it. You choose the later. You can not say that just because someone else broke their NDA and sent you this info that it is out of your hands and you have no responsibility in the matter. You are an accessory to a crime, and it is a crime because an NDA is a legal contract with legal repercussions. As I said before, they stole the banks money, you drove the car.
  • Options
    I've saved it onto my computer, but how do I upload it? I'm using Tinypic, and I've selected the file, but "upload now" does nothing...

I've send you Private Message, I hope it helps. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited September 2016
    Unless they show IP addresses or corporate-only email addresses, screenshots of emails really don't show anything but someone's ability to type and send an email and someone else's ability to upload a screenshot. Anyone can send themselves an email - I do it all the time to save stuff at the email account I want to be able to find it on (I have... 4 active email accounts). I'll stick to judging what I think is possibly a real leak and what looks more like a fake or trolling based on content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    chicken stir fry is already in the game at level 9 of Homestyle cooking

What is home style cooking? I thought there was just cooking, gourmet cooking and baking.

homestyle cooking just means non-gourmet cooking (aka "regular" cooking). It's what its reffered too if you need to type in the skill level though the skill level cheat
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    After much trouble, I've got a screenshot:

Email.png

Thanks @Shakuahi !
  • Options
    Anyone could have sent that to you pretending to be a sims team member. They mention things we already have in game (stir-fry, night owl). You have been fooled into make a foolish post that is an obvious fake. You say "Only Judge Judy can judge me" and she would find you guilty of being gullible.
  • Options
    So, no email or IP address to prove you didn't send it to yourself? And it still includes content we already have and a world named an "Avenue"? And that bizarre claim that they can get a list of all the forum members and randomly chose, out of all of them, one who happens to be an active member two years into Sims 4, even though memberships were ported over from the old Sims 3 forum (which is how any of us can get "anniversary" badges older than 2 years), and assumed the recipient would know about the leaks?

Not buying it, @Swiftlover13. Points for not giving up, though.
    • No email or IP because I don't want the sender to lose their job
    • They can very easily just pick and choose a list of members that they see active on this forum
    • This point only exists to make this seem like a long enough list o:)

• Options
    Anyone could have sent that to you pretending to be a sims team member. They mention things we already have in game (stir-fry, night owl). You have been fooled into make a foolish post that is an obvious fake. You say "Only Judge Judy can judge me" and she would find you guilty of being gullible.

Calm. Down.

Have a Snickers.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    They are (or will be) in trouble when found out and they deserve to be.

Edit: I am calm. You don't want to see me otherwise. And I'm allergic to peanuts but thanks. Candy is always appreciated.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

Calm. Down.

Have a Snickers.
    Leaks are srs business of course
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    They are (or will be) in trouble when found out and they deserve to be.

Why? For giving the community their wishes? Pretty awful company to fire they most helpful employees...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top