Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh hey suzses! C'm'ere - this way!

@suzses - I can't tell you how stoked I was to get your name in this exchange! I'm such a HUGE fan of your work and it is such an honor to be your buddy.

I'm going to leave you with a sneak peek and I'll be updating this thread at the weekend!

For now - please enjoy!

09fc544f-14cc-474c-a0c2-653265081dfb_zpsdspghap0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2016
    For your first gift, I wanted to think outside of the box and create something that I think is a little underrated throughout the entirety of Sims 3. I know that I haven't played with this a lot and when I read in your letter that you were creating your own world from scratch, I thought that you'll need it to be populated with different types of Sims.

Therefore; I present to you: Kit and Howie!

download•here

Don't be fooled by Kit's age, this wise elder is embracing her golden years just as she did her youth. As a young lady of her era, Kit travelled extensively, loved fiercely, and lived life to the fullest. Now, Kit maintains herself well, still preferring to dress elegantly with her kitten heels and pearl earrings. Never married, Kit isn't against the idea of finding a partner, but for now she is happy with her companion-cat, Howie. Kit spends her days gardening, playing piano, and baking; however, she isn't opposed to going out for a night on the town and kicking up her heels.

Howie has been with Kit for 10 years and although he is lazy and enjoys a nap, he absolutely adores being in Kit's presence. Howie spends most of his time on the furniture or his scratching post. This adorable little chap loves the lap of luxury with Kit.

Screenshot-490_zpsp34owyqz.jpg

Screenshot-485_zps6ag5klfb.jpg

Screenshot-482_zpsobhyi8hp.jpg

Screenshot-481_zpsywtiigbj.jpg

Screenshot-467_zpsokzezv96.jpg

Screenshot-468_zpsn1wpfw2w.jpg

Screenshot-470_zpsqrkq0ift.jpg

Screenshot-486_zpsxpanyufh.jpg

Screenshot-477_zpsposdj162.jpg

Screenshot-487_zpsr1royt2m.jpg

Screenshot-488_zpsd1uq8n8q.jpg

Screenshot-495_zpsilhbcbqj.jpg

Screenshot-496_zpshfrek3ht.jpg

Screenshot-498_zps7zspc7di.jpg

Screenshot-499_zpsmdbgvfmi.jpg

Screenshot-502_zpsvziblesh.jpg

Screenshot-501_zpsop2yuwtj.jpg

Screenshot-491_zpss3kdrf82.jpg

Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In your letter, you said that your Deery Meadows is mostly rustic/country/quaint with log/stone/wood stylings and that you were looking for lots that were 20x30. From your letter, I decided that Hidden Springs would be a good setting. Your next gift is a remodel of The Hideout in Hidden Springs.
    Screenshot-429_zpspnllgqxm.jpg

Screenshot-430_zpskztqiwmc.jpg

Before

I present to you: Le Jardinier - download•here

Features:

- 1 bedroom
    - 1 bathroom
    - eat-in kitchen
    - antique piano
    - conservatory
    - cat area
    - allotment
    - lush gardens

Screenshot-462_zpszhdbncof.jpg

Screenshot-459_zpspj2mljox.jpg

Screenshot-435_zpsrx4bwstf.jpg

After

Screenshot-438_zpsu6lqroju.jpg

Screenshot-437_zpsaqi64416.jpg

Screenshot-436_zpskivikvpm.jpg

Screenshot-457_zpsq8nowel7.jpg

Screenshot-455_zpskxhkigse.jpg

Screenshot-454_zpsa8upqix1.jpg

Screenshot-448_zps9v0a9egi.jpg

Screenshot-444_zpsacaox0oq.jpg

Screenshot-449_zpsermbumfa.jpg

Screenshot-463_zpseqsundmh.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2016
    You remember that sneaky peek from last week?! Well, I wanted to combine a couple different styles and see what I could come up with. I decided to combine a log style home with a contemporary flair and little pops of country living here and there. I noticed in your letter that you said the landscaping was just important as the inside, so I spent a lot of time on the outside and made a real focus on making the home run cohesively. I know you love neutral colors and cool tones, so I tried to keep to that theme throughout the building.

Please enjoy: The Woodlands - download•here
    Features:
    - 1 bedroom
    - 1.5 bathrooms
    - canning station
    - baking station
    - eat-in kitchen
    - firepit
    - horseshoe pit

Screenshot-422_zpsmscsnxyo.jpg

Screenshot-427_zpsqqawqhx2.jpg

Screenshot-428_zps6nxuir59.jpg

Screenshot-424_zps92cbw7vz.jpg

Screenshot-425_zpssorbumxx.jpg

Screenshot-426_zpsusl3ho4g.jpg

Screenshot-410_zpso4no3gsd.jpg

Screenshot-405_zpsskej7vdo.jpg

Screenshot-409_zpstf8l5cwn.jpg

Screenshot-408_zpscznmrwlw.jpg

Screenshot-407_zpsvgkpbpuu.jpg

Screenshot-406_zpswqiicekv.jpg

Screenshot-411_zpspwrpl4s8.jpg

Screenshot-413_zpsnbsyfxi4.jpg

Screenshot-414_zpsbchdsy7k.jpg

Screenshot-415_zpszxgyabk2.jpg

Screenshot-416_zpsx9dorvnq.jpg

Screenshot-419_zpsivp0ebfx.jpg

Screenshot-420_zpsazdomjhy.jpg

Screenshot-418_zps85lhpsud.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @suzses - Thank you for being so patient with me; I really hope you enjoy your gifts as I had a lot of fun making them for you. Like I said, I'm a HUGE fan of yours and it was an absolute pleasure to be your buddy.

I can't wait to see Deery Meadows when it is all finished!

Until next time...ENJOY!
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Ooh, I like that peek. :) As they say, good things come to those who wait, and I don't mind waiting until the weekend. Really looking forward to seeing what you've done. :smiley:
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Ooooh, the sneak peak looks pretty darn good! I love the style so far :p
  • Options
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    Ooooh, the sneak peak looks pretty darn good! I love the style so far :p

@emilzydiva Yes, me too! <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I'm sure suzses will tell you it was worth the wait!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Just when I thought I was all caught up on my rec's, I noticed all these...:lol:

Kit and Howie:
    Love them! Such an adorable cat! And they look like they have a lot of fun together!

The Jardinier:
    First of all, I love the name. XD And I love the decor you used! Sort of a somewhat eclectic French country feel on the inside, with the rustic log cabin-y feel outside! Looks wonderful! While I don't play in Deery Meadows myself, this will go great in Salmon Woods, as well as HS, of course. ;)

The Woodlands:
    You nailed the log cabin/contemporary thing! Great combination, too! And the country living touches are just right. I especially love the teal trim around the garage and the bricks in the dining room/baking nook. Beautiful!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Oh! Here you are! Didn't realize there was a thread to be found here before today.

Kit and Howie are a purr-fect pair!

Le Jardinier is a wonderful remodel of The Hideout in Hidden Springs! Add onto it, change the color palette and furnishings... voila! So much better than before. The MOO magic with the piano keyboard is nicely done. The kitchen/dining area takes country charm to a new level with the unusual, yet eye-pleasing color combination. Howie looks happy there... and really? Isn't a happy cat all that matters?

The Woodlands proves that combining contemporary and log styles can be done and make perfect sense! Wonderful colors and furnishings makes this house a cozy, comfortable "retreat" away from the everyday stresses.
  • Options
    @aricarai The gifts are all wonderful :) You're right about my need of some different and interesting sims for Deery Meadows. I love Kit and Howie and their backstory. Kit's elegant style is lovely - really like the two colors of checks in her jacket and dress together. Howie is a lucky kitty with pretty coloring, and I can see he and Kit mean a lot to each other. I think I may have to play Kit's "younger self" someday, too, in a different save of course.

Their home looks perfect for them - what a great redo and it will fit in perfectly in my version of Deery Meadows. Love what you've done with the piano and bookcases, and the recolored textures/patterns you've used - like the leaf pattern in the bedspread looks as elegant as Kit - the horizontal wood vase - the bedroom wallpaper - the dark and white woods of the dining table and chairs.

I think rustic-contemporary is my new favorite style and I just LOVE The Woodlands! I knew that as soon as I saw the preview. I want to say more, but you know what, even more so I want to get these into my game. I obviously picked the wrong time of day to be gone today, and now that I'm here, I'd just love to really see my gifts and not just the pictures. I'll be back. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    The homes and sim (with pet) are amazing. I especially love The Woodlands. Off to rec.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Kit and Howie look like they have a lot of fun together! And I really like how you used color and textures in the two houses, it all matches!
  • Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Kit and Howie are great sims. You put so much detail into Kit, she has such a well developed backstory and personality. I really like her outfit and that she wears those cheetah print shoes to show a bit of her more lively side. You don't see enough well designed elders I will be snagging a copy of her and Howie for sure.

Love the reno of the hideout house for her as well. It really suits Kit. The house is both stylish and shows a love for cats. I love the soft pastels you used it gives the house a really calming feel.

The Woodlands is a beautiful home. I am loving modern and rustic hybrids at the moment and this house is just a stunning example of it. Love the soft blues in house its such a pretty color. Something that really sticks out to me is that corner shelf you set up in the bathroom. With the towels and vase on it. I just love details like that in houses. Makes them unique from other sims homes and gives that lived in feel. Downloading all these of these gifts. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Kit and Howie <3 So cute! And love cat people sims :)

The Jardinier is such a purrfect home :blush: As far as I'm concerned, anything with "cat area" listed in features can't be anything but! So nicely decorated inside and out!

The Woodlands is stunning too; those colours are so calm and soothing and stylish :)

Rec'd :)