Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Woohoo...
    I finally got the time to finish creating a family tree for each of my legacies. Granted, I play on long lifespan and don't get to play nearly as often as I would like. So, my family trees look a bit puny next to some of the awesome trees posted in this thread, but I wanted to share them anyway. :)

The Smithson Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08916f978430e00049504
    The Pepper Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08c0af978430e00049532
    The Woods Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08eb6f978430e00049559
    The McClendon Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b76a588fd394a002b1bfaf
    The Keene Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b7630d8fd394a002b1bf8c
    The Charmer Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b766e08fd394a002b1bf9f

Thank you again for taking the time to create some a wonderful app! It's much more enjoyable sharing family trees now! :)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Literally love this app it's so much fun and so helpful! :D<3
    The Hernandez family See them here!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CcDukesCcDukes Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok so, it doesn't seem like you can make the family of one of your sim's Significant other(s). Can you add this as a feature? @ThePlumbob
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    CcDukes wrote: »
    Ok so, it doesn't seem like you can make the family of one of your sim's Significant other(s). Can you add this as a feature? @ThePlumbob

@CcDukes Hey there, if you read our FAQ and Roadmap, you can find out more info about why that is and what our plans regarding that are.
  • Options
    Jase wrote: »
    Woohoo...
    I finally got the time to finish creating a family tree for each of my legacies. Granted, I play on long lifespan and don't get to play nearly as often as I would like. So, my family trees look a bit puny next to some of the awesome trees posted in this thread, but I wanted to share them anyway. :)

The Smithson Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08916f978430e00049504
    The Pepper Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08c0af978430e00049532
    The Woods Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b08eb6f978430e00049559
    The McClendon Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b76a588fd394a002b1bfaf
    The Keene Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b7630d8fd394a002b1bf8c
    The Charmer Legacy: app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b766e08fd394a002b1bf9f

Thank you again for taking the time to create some a wonderful app! It's much more enjoyable sharing family trees now! :)

@Jase Wow, that's a lot of families! How cool :D
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Literally love this app it's so much fun and so helpful! :D<3
    The Hernandez family See them here!

@Ciarassims Thank you! What a gorgeous family!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Here's my Boston Legacy Family (Random Legacy Challenge)...

http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57ae1eb18db55b0e00e862f2
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @paige_emilyy & @pammiechick We just pushed an update that should hopefully resolve the issues with Safari on Macbook Air. Would you be able to check if this is now working ok for you - we can't check since we were never able to reproduce the problem on our version of Safari.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It's taken me some time (I had a lot of Sims to generate in CAS) but I finally have my family tree ready!
    Here it is: http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b98a958fd394a002b1cae8
    I still need to add bios, but that would take even more time ;)

I really love how easy it is to use this tool :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @paige_emilyy & @pammiechick We just pushed an update that should hopefully resolve the issues with Safari on Macbook Air. Would you be able to check if this is now working ok for you - we can't check since we were never able to reproduce the problem on our version of Safari.

Oh good! Yes, I'll do it sometime today and get back with you! Thank you!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

Oh good! Yes, I'll do it sometime today and get back with you! Thank you!

Don't thank us yet - we still need to confirm if it works! :) It's a tricky one since it only seems to affect some versions of Safari.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've finished another family tree (minus bios) and this one even fits into an image :)
    tumblr_oc9z9jTsTv1v8k7elo1_500h.jpg
    View the Hunter family tree here.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    @MDianaSanders I do hope you'll add the bios sometime - definitely curious about what happened with all the ex-wives! :)
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    This is awesome ! but i have a little problem (not a technical one, everything is working perfectly) but a "i have way to many sims" problem.
    I mean, do you thinks it's possible to add two sub category when you add a person on your tree ? "living sims" and "decease sims" and a color for the decease one ? like the portrait circle by a special color ?
    anyway, congratulation for this great work :)
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @ThePlumbob THIS is the best thing since sliced bread! I remember when you mentioned you were working on this for the first time...and now it's here! It was a genius idea to begin with, but seeing it come to life is wonderful. Congrats!

And thank you for being this awesome! A lot of simmers wished for an app like this (I did, for sure! :lol: )
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    That's wonderful! Maybe I should finally start playing hard and not end after the second generation. :D
  • Options
    This is awesome ! but i have a little problem (not a technical one, everything is working perfectly) but a "i have way to many sims" problem.
    I mean, do you thinks it's possible to add two sub category when you add a person on your tree ? "living sims" and "decease sims" and a color for the decease one ? like the portrait circle by a special color ?

@lulubadwolf We're looking into how to best manage all the sims in the people list, though I can tell you right now it would defnitely not be sorted by alive/deceased - I personally don't like that distinction, it would just make me sad seeing as most of my generations are gone haha. We may add a "life stage" menu in the side bar that shows traits and aspirations that will show are life stages from baby to deceased, but nothing that would visually dostinguish dead sims is planned.
    @ThePlumbob THIS is the best thing since sliced bread! I remember when you mentioned you were working on this for the first time...and now it's here! It was a genius idea to begin with, but seeing it come to life is wonderful. Congrats!

And thank you for being this awesome! A lot of simmers wished for an app like this (I did, for sure! :lol: )

@CharmingMaruska Aww thank you so much <3 We're surprised so many people want to use it actually, but it's amazing that they do!
    That's wonderful! Maybe I should finally start playing hard and not end after the second generation. :D

@OxanaPihlajamaa Yay :)
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited August 2016

@lulubadwolf We're looking into how to best manage all the sims in the people list, though I can tell you right now it would defnitely not be sorted by alive/deceased - I personally don't like that distinction, it would just make me sad seeing as most of my generations are gone haha. We may add a "life stage" menu in the side bar that shows traits and aspirations that will show are life stages from baby to deceased, but nothing that would visually dostinguish dead sims is planned.

@CharmingMaruska Aww thank you so much <3 We're surprised so many people want to use it actually, but it's amazing that they do!

@OxanaPihlajamaa Yay :)

okay no problem :)
    edit: and i would love a way to manage all the sims in the people list, my sims have too many children :D
  • Options
    LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I just wanted to stop in here and say thank you for making and sharing this! I recently started a new random legacy so when they finally expand their family this will be perfect!
  • Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    This is amazing.. will be using for sure!
  • Options
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member

MeTime85 wrote: »
    I created three trees by accident. How do I delete? I've tried several times, and it's not working.

@MeTime85 Yeah you can delete your tree, when you're in it just click on the cog and the delete button should be at the very bottom :)[/quote]

It really delays, so I think I'm going to use echo until it's 100 percent surely up to par.

For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    MeTime85 wrote: »
    It really delays, so I think I'm going to use echo until it's 100 percent surely up to par.

In what way/situation does it delay for you? What browser are you using and what is your username?
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @ThePlumbob love this tool! :)
    I'm playing with it now, and every time I do anything I get a "Save Failed" bar - but when I exited and went back in it had saved everything.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned (or if it's there and I just missed it) - but having a space for maiden names, I think would be nice!

Thanks for sharing it! <3
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob love this tool! :)
    I'm playing with it now, and every time I do anything I get a "Save Failed" bar - but when I exited and went back in it had saved everything.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned (or if it's there and I just missed it) - but having a space for maiden names, I think would be nice!

Thanks for sharing it! <3

@SimmerSteffie Can you give us the tree ID so that we can look into why you got that error? It could potentiall be network issues though.the maiden names are a cool suggestion!
  • Options
    SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    @SimmerSteffie Can you give us the tree ID so that we can look into why you got that error? It could potentiall be network issues though.the maiden names are a cool suggestion!

It wouldn't surprise me if it were a network error - I am on a public network currently.
    The tree is here: :)