Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Would the people save ? So can I add more people but not add them to the tree ?

Thanks for looking into it. My tree IS huge, I guess

Man... now I'm curious how big your tree is! :D

That's the last I was able to save: http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57af20068db55b0e00e86a0e

ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Would the people save ? So can I add more people but not add them to the tree ?

Thanks for looking into it. My tree IS huge, I guess

@crinrict Adding people to the list should be fine, it's just the tree itself that won't update.

We know what the problem is, basically we've set up certain size limitations on the server to prevent malicious attacks, based on what would be considered a suspiciously large amount of data in a single tree (meaning a potential malware attack) - and your tree is so large it's hit that number haha! It's easy to fix though! It's very cool that somebody actually has a genuine tree of that size! :)

Ups. I'm not even done yet. I'm sure legacy players will have bigger ones although, since I use MCCC my town is very alive.

I think it's mainly that it's widespread. I've got more generations in my tree, but don't use MCC so the side branches kind of die down a lot quicker.

We pushed a possible fix, you want to try again? You may need to refresh the page first although it shouldn't be necessary.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Yap, now it worked and all my changes seem to be there as well

Happy camper. Thanks so much
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Yap, now it worked and all my changes seem to be there as well

Happy camper. Thanks so much

@crinrict Great, glad it worked :) (Btw this is not our standard ticket response rate haha! We just happen to be off work today so we were able to look into it straight away :) )
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    @ThePlumbob A friend is trying to show us her tree but the link she gives just leads to this error page [img][/img]5jvho5.png
  • Options
    @lilacksb She needs to publish her tree before other people can view it and give you the published tree link :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @lilacksb She needs to publish her tree before other people can view it and give you the published tree link :)

They have sorted it now. The link that shows up was too quick for her to capture it, doesn't stay up for long.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    lilacksb wrote: »

They have published twice and still cannot see it. She says a message flashed up that she did not get a chance to read, it went too quick.

She needs to give you the published tree link rather than the private one she's using to edit her tree. Adding public.html# will take you to the published tree link. So the link would look like this:

http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#HER_TREE_ID

(Obviously the above is not a real link)
  • Options

They have published twice and still cannot see it. She says a message flashed up that she did not get a chance to read, it went too quick.

She needs to give you the published tree link rather than the private one she's using to edit her tree. Adding public.html# will take you to the published tree link. So the link would look like this:

Thank you, they have sorted it now. The link was too quick for them as it doesn't stay up for long.
  • Options

Thank you, they have sorted it now. The link was too quick for them as it doesn't stay up for long.

That's a good thing to mention! :)
  • Options
    So at this point I have hit kind of a dead and and I would like everyone's opinion

My tree is very widespread and now in the 4th generation, people of course start marrying each other. So how is that handled in real family trees ? I mean nothing bad about marrying your 3rd cousin, right ? I have just added them to both strings (one as partner) and kept the children with the mother.

What do you guys thing ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    So at this point I have hit kind of a dead and and I would like everyone's opinion

My tree is very widespread and now in the 4th generation, people of course start marrying each other. So how is that handled in real family trees ? I mean nothing bad about marrying your 3rd cousin, right ? I have just added them to both strings (one as partner) and kept the children with the mother.

What do you guys thing ?

@crinrict Well from a technical point of view, you can have the same person in the tree several times no problem. I have a weird situtation in my tree where Grady appears in the tree twice, as he's Pauline's cousin but also the husband of her half sister Peyton. And I realise that sounds kind of bad, but when you look at the tree, Peyton and Grady are not related in any way - Astrid, Pauline's mother is an alien born through alien abduction, so Grady's father Theo is only her half brother, whereas Peyton is linked to the family by being the child of the good old Paolo Rocca via alien abduction - who was Astrid's partner and Pauline's father... lost yet? :joy: It seems clearer in the tree haha!

I suppose that's not too much of a real-life scenario, so not sure if it answers your question... But for all intents and purposes, you can include them in the tree twice wherever it suits :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I've added them as partners for both strings but I don't want to duplicate the whole children string on both. Seems kinda pointless.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MarkHarris17MarkHarris17 Posts: 537 Member
    I started using this today, love it!
    Shelly Mellow Maxis
    Madden Maxis
    Riles Maxis
    Harris Maxis
    Hunger Games Modeling Comp
    [img][/img]ezgif.com-gif-maker_zpsjrmqrvoc.gif
    Last one made by me [my handwriting is bad on computers!]
    Thanks to the talented @Cbear13 for making these!

• Options
    ToxicPowerToxicPower Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey! I come from the french side of the official forum where I made a discussion about this great app, however one member apparently can't save her tree. Here's a screenshot (picture's address in spoiler because I can't post link in my first message here)
    cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com/thesims-fr_FR.vanillaforums.com/editor/a8/yeem47x27rez.png
    (it also happens when there are sims in the tree)
    Any idea of what could be the problem?
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    edited August 2016
    @ToxicPower Here's the picture:
    yeem47x27rez
    Never mind, it didn't post right for some reason...
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Here's the picture. Even with a different web browser it didn't work.
    ngc9y0.png
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited August 2016
    Loving this! Just finished transferring all of my family members and adding pics for those missing! Took a bit but it's so nice to see it all spread out!

My family tree with descriptions!
    Post edited by CoreyCanadian on
  • Options
    CharlieHanCharlieHan Posts: 16 New Member
    @MadameLee

Thanks so much!!!
    CharlieHan wrote: »
    ttp://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57b0c12af978430e00049ca2

Put the h in http :D

Heres my Bieber-Balor Legacy :smiley:

Wow, my eyes are tired I thought that said 'bi-polar'

Lols, i can see that too ahaha hope you like it!!
  • Options
    @ToxicPower / @lulubadwolf Hiya, what's the person's username on The Plum Tree? We'll have a look tonight.
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    This is amazing - thank you so much for sharing this! :)
  • Options
    PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Hey I've just signed up, but not at home so haven't tested it out yet. Just a quick question, but how does the plum tree handle marrying within the same family tree? It's one thing that put me off family echo is it couldn't handle all the marriages haha xD e.g A may marry B, then I kill A and have A's sister marry B. I also marry second cousins a lot. Family echo would just copy and paste and it made it look like two different ppl but I'd like to be able to follow the lines back. I'm looking forward to testing it out! :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @ThePlumbob I think under the partner option you should have either "Girlfriend" or "Common-law" option along with the ex-partner/married/Abduction. Since before I ejected Derek from my game- he and one of his partners were common-law marriage.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    @ThePlumbob I've just registered on the plum tree app and I'm totally in love! This family tree is everything i've ever wanted and EA failed to deliver so far. And once again I can't understand why fans are doing EA's work better and for free.
    If any Guru reads this - this is exactly how family tree should looks like in the Sims series. And if you have problem with culling (which apparently you don't know how to fix if it still exist) make it editable, just like @ThePlumbob.
    EA really should appreciate modding community because without mods and apps like this Sims 4 becomes unplayable after third generation.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    Hey I've just signed up, but not at home so haven't tested it out yet. Just a quick question, but how does the plum tree handle marrying within the same family tree? It's one thing that put me off family echo is it couldn't handle all the marriages haha xD e.g A may marry B, then I kill A and have A's sister marry B. I also marry second cousins a lot. Family echo would just copy and paste and it made it look like two different ppl but I'd like to be able to follow the lines back. I'm looking forward to testing it out! :)

@PirateJandcats Well the way the app works, you have to "load" the sims in first and then you can include them in the tree as many times as you like and their information (such as traits etc) will always pull through. There wouldn't be actual lines between them though. Best way to see if it works for you would be trying out for yourself. You can also have a look at my tree Grady and Yennefer are in it twice.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob I think under the partner option you should have either "Girlfriend" or "Common-law" option along with the ex-partner/married/Abduction. Since before I ejected Derek from my game- he and one of his partners were common-law marriage.

@MadameLee I think the term partner already covers boyfriend/girlfriend? If people want to clarify that the sim is married to their partner, they can, but I don't think an additional boyfriend/girlfriend option would be justified simce they're basically synonyms. Of course if you want to go into any further detail on the sims' specific relationship etc, you can say this in the bio :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

@PirateJandcats Well the way the app works, you have to "load" the sims in first and then you can include them in the tree as many times as you like and their information (such as traits etc) will always pull through. There wouldn't be actual lines between them though. Best way to see if it works for you would be trying out for yourself. You can also have a look at my tree Grady and Yennefer are in it twice.
    MadameLee wrote: »

@MadameLee I think the term partner already covers boyfriend/girlfriend? If people want to clarify that the sim is married to their partner, they can, but I don't think an additional boyfriend/girlfriend option would be justified simce they're basically synonyms. Of course if you want to go into any further detail on the sims' specific relationship etc, you can say this in the bio :)

I guess partner could also imply common-law as well.
    6adMCGP.gif