May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for Gamescom Q&A Panel

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited August 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I guess they could just say "Tough luck ha ha no toddlers for you-oo" or "So abjectly sorry we didn't give you toddlers, we should all lose our jobs or kill ourselves" and it would still all be the same outcome. Some people would go on ranting about toddlers while some people told the ranters to shut up, and guess what? We will still either get or not get toddlers some time in the future just the same as if they'd said nothing.

i agree inge i think some people are being demanding about toddlers bordering on obesssive that may sound harsh but i think its true abusing moderators on the forum wont give people toddlers i sort of see it as people having a tantrum i understand people wanting toddlers but it was made clear long ago for sims 4 that toddlers would not be in basegame and possibly not at all because of the outdated engine they used for sims 4

outdated engine for Sims 4, thought they said they created a new game engine specifically for Sims 4 ?

ETA: they did say the game engine for Sims 4 was new
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/page/46
    Ryan Vaughan calls it "new technology" http://simsvip.com/2013/08/31/sims-4-interview-wryan-vaughan/
    http://gamerant.com/the-sims-4-reviews/
    http://simsvip.com/2013/08/25/sims-4-game-engine-smartsim-technology/
    This site also says "new technology"
    Post edited by Sapientsimsolid on
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    @mirta000 Thank you! That's the point I keep trying to make. I understand Drake's instinct to defend herself and EA. I get that there are things about game development and EA that we don't know, so when we complain it's frustrating for EA because they can't always give us what we want...but it doesn't matter. You don't fix these problems by rabidly defending the company that is creating the issues. People are furious and frustrated, and that's all that SimGuruDrake should focus on. EA needs to look at WHY people are angry...we aren't expecting anything absurd or crazy. When a video game is good, people love it and their communities are positive. If EA wants The Sims community to stop complaining, then they have to fix the game.

I'll have a try.

There are a few issues with that.

As I understand it, her job isn't to make us happy. It never has been. It never will be. Her job (remember as I understand it) is to take our feedback and tell it to the team. She does that. Between our feedback, the devs feedback and varying needs a pack is born. Upon taking your feedback, when put in a constructive fashion, as far as she's concerned her job is done and your complaints become invalid (sorry), which is the point (I think) she was trying to make. You (broad you, not specific), however consider her job done when your complaints are acted upon, which the chances of happening are low, and thus you still complain, and your cycle of negativity is born. You sort of have to have a look at your complaints within the scope of her job and think yourselves happy after you've stated them (again sorry). She honestly wasn't trying to be offensive.

That was pretty much my take on what she said.

Also, you are expecting something absurd. You're expecting an answer to a question they can't answer (for a start). You have to accept that they can't answer it, but when they can, they will.
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »

Also, you are expecting something absurd. You're expecting an answer to a question they can't answer (for a start). You have to accept that they can't answer it, but when they can, they will.

silence is better than defensiveness of this level. Never seen a company representative let their emotions run to a point where they would go "you will just never be happy".

It wasn't defensiveness or her being overemotional. However I'm not going to talk myself in circles all day. I've said all I'm saying about it

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,093 Member
    edited August 2016
    I see that a lot of simmers take issue with how much EA focuses on the Influencers and wanting to maintain and develop relationships with current and future Influencers. Take a look at one of the most well-known and liked Influencers for the Sims 4.

9_zpshbuz7y6f.png
    Over 346,000 subscribers to her Sims YouTube channel.

8_zps5aigj8nf.png

2_zpsf3cd4umh.png

5_zps5lwl83ku.png

4_zpsapwpktrr.png

6_zpsjn187frw.png

3_zps8o8m2sjy.png

7_zpskcwananr.png

1_zpsncyl807q.png

Now suppose instead of limiting yourselves to comments on these forums one of you decided to start a YouTube channel showcasing what you think are all the flaws and problems with Sims 4. Let's Plays that show how you feel about the sims 4 emotions, or lack thereof, the repetitive tasks, the musical chairs, the sims culling, the relationship culling, no toddlers in a life simulator, etc. Let's Plays similar to @EmberDahl's Psychosausage thread. All of these features could result in some awesomely funny stories highlighting what you think is wrong with the Sims 4. Develop a Social Media presence in order to reach like minded simmers. How about that? Do something that's going to make EA/Maxis stand up and notice.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I have absolutely nothing against the "Influencers." They're doing what works for them, I respect their opinion, and I'm glad they like the game. But if EA/Maxis wants to really impress me and motivate me to remain loyal and interested in their product, they could do a lot by winning back the interest of former Influencers who now share and voice the concerns I have with Sims 4. THAT would make me stand up and take notice.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Influencers, to me means Maxis is expecting them to influence the populous to buy. No thanks, I never watch Let's Play (boring, old man snoring) videos, never would though I caught a few because someone ask me to take a look. Some people are funny but I go to sleep during those things. Maxis doesn't realize there is a sect of people (young people) who will say they have played a game because they watched a Youtuber do a Let's Play. lol How is that working Maxis? Did it result in money for you? I mean they think they have played it after all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Influencers, to me means Maxis is expecting them to influence the populous to buy. No thanks, I never watch Let's Play (boring, old man snoring) videos, never would though I caught a few because someone ask me to take a look. Some people are funny but I go to sleep during those things. Maxis doesn't realize there is a sect of people (young people) who will say they have played a game because they watched a Youtuber do a Let's Play. lol How is that working Maxis? Did it result in money for you? I mean they think they have played it after all.

I stopped watching Let's Plays. I kept wanting to grab their mouse and slap them upside the head for playing wrong. Not worth getting bent out of shape with frustration for.

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Seriously?
    What is the point of asking questions when we know all are we gonna get is "We cannot talk about future content"!!

Then what are you going to talk about?? An SP that was released 2 months ago??

No, they're going to talk about the decision process for inviting someone to be an Influencer, and the role they play, I think. This is actually of interest to those people who wish to join that group and be invited to future EA events, so it has its place.

You mean to be EA's unofficial advertiser and go ga ga over things like:

"oh I can't believe how awesome is the culling feature in my game"

"Yaay no more headache with more life stages, this is the best game, go and buy it!

"Who needs weather, rain or snow, everybody is happy with a sunny day"

"SP no.17 is way better than the last EP we got two years ago, go and get it"

No thanks, no body is going to have influence on me. The product itself will and it keeps failing to grow as they promised.
    Their "strong foundation" was just a thing to make us buy it.

This made me laugh so hard :smiley:

Peter Moore said "I'm not too sure, that press conferences have a future".

All this just sounds fishy to me, as if they expect bad reviews or something.

With no E3 press conference or other media coverage, I might not even find out about that upcoming game, and it's perhaps just as well then. I certainly wouldn't go to an influencers site if I wanted to see unbiased opinions.

EA did have a big Press Conference also for the E3 - as well. The day before the E3 began I believe it was.
    Actually EA did do a press conference at Gamescom after all, about THEIR, I guess, more important BIG games. MAXIS of course was absent from both.

It starts around the 25 minute area of this stream -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwclMxQQ3g
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Surprised at how they don't at least use Gamescom to show some béhind the scenes game decelopment stuff, instead of telling is what game packs are…

If they're not gonna show future content, at least show us what it's like to make past content. Like modeling, texturing, audio recording, world and outfit designs, etc… :confused:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2016
    Personally I do sometimes enjoy watching the You tubers do their thing with the various Sims games as I do sometimes enjoy watching their build and even get a kick out of some of their play styles - but it does not mean I adopt any of their play style of course, as I have my own style I enjoy playing - but yeah - it is sometimes fun to take another persons take on the game.

That much said though - I don't feel any of them could speak for me or feel the depth of play I feel playing my own game. It does not mean I can't enjoy watching another person play though. Having 31 Simmers in my own family - believe me I have ample opportunities to observe how others of ALL AGES play the game - first hand. I do know that unlike previous The Sims series games, most of my family has not stayed with the Sims 4 - just one lone player out of 31 still plays Sims 4 rather regularly (it's not me, I am playing both Sims 2 and Sims 3). At most I play the challenges if freebies are involved. LOL.

The other 30 of us have stopped buying and either returned to Sims 3, a few to Sims 2 (no one to Sims 1 - lol) or gave up on the Sims period - that is just 5 of them who all vow they want to come back if the game ever gets its act together. One thing in common in my family is everyone - all 31 are mad about no toddlers and no cars.

Not all of us watch the Sims series you tubers - but some of us do. Oh and just to add - I am the only one of the 31 that frequents the forum everyday - the one still playing used to come on the Sims 2 and 3 forum - but she never comes to the Sims 4 forum because she said all her forum friends won't play Sims 4.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited August 2016
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Surprised at how they don't at least use Gamescom to show some béhind the scenes game decelopment stuff, instead of telling is what game packs are…

If they're not gonna show future content, at least show us what it's like to make past content. Like modeling, texturing, audio recording, world and outfit designs, etc… :confused:

Pay no attention to the little people behind the curtain.
    Post edited by A_Culler on
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2016
    I do not watch LP's. I will sometimes watch a build. I always watch the LGR's.

Generally my You Tube watching is more centered around RL such as crafts, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top