Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who actually likes the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Before this thread breaks down into futile debates (and I'm using the word loosely), I like TS4. It's not without it's problems, but I like it.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    Let me guess your gonna hit me with the "worlds are so detailed" rubbish, errr yeah they might be but where's the lots and the open worlds at? The ability to travel everywhere without a loading screen and having more places for your sims can live? Hm.

Thankfully there's no open world ! They hit two birds with one stone : they give us gorgeous worlds and get rid of this boring open world. And since I have enough places for my Sims to live in, that's perfect !

Your happy with about 20 lots wow...

Did you miss the fact you can travel to all the worlds freely in TS4 ? It's so great ! I have families in Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Newcrest and Windenburg. I've kept Magnolia Promenade as a retail district. And I can go everywhere freely, it's like the subneighborhoods in TS2.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Let me guess your gonna hit me with the "worlds are so detailed" rubbish, errr yeah they might be but where's the lots and the open worlds at? The ability to travel everywhere without a loading screen and having more places for your sims can live? Hm.

Thankfully there's no open world ! They hit two birds with one stone : they give us gorgeous worlds and get rid of this boring open world. And since I have enough places for my Sims to live in, that's perfect !

Boring? AHAHAHA

That's the excuse of the year. Like it's fine if you prefer closed worlds but at least give a valid excuse other than "boring".

I found watching my Sims on his way to somewhere extremely boring. Sometimes destination matters more than the journey, this is the case in The Sims for me.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited August 2016

Did you miss the fact you can travel to all the worlds freely in TS4 ? It's so great ! I have families in Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Newcrest and Windenburg. I've kept Magnolia Promenade as a retail district. And I can go everywhere freely, it's like the subneighborhoods in TS2.

Boring? AHAHAHA

That's the excuse of the year. Like it's fine if you prefer closed worlds but at least give a valid excuse other than "boring".

I found watching my Sims on his way to somewhere extremely boring. Sometimes destination matters more than the journey, this is the case in The Sims for me.

Poor excuse for what? Less lots in exchange And a lovely closed world where you have no cars or anything so your forced to teleport and you can't even go to your neighbours house without being hit with a loading screen babes?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I simply adore it. It's the perfect simsgame to me. Much better than previous versions of The Sims. Especially I love the little touches that make a BIG difference to me: Plants are staying, even when sims are moving, they can have their upgraded plants with them. Paintings and photographs are also kept the way they were from the start. I simply adore the many small animals: pigeons, squirrels, frogs and insects, not to mention the birds, now on the feeder for sims to "enjoy", LOL. I adore the clothes, which are growing with the sims, and all the funny faces they can make. I could go on for hours, and I play for hours. So YES, the Sims 4 is awesome!

Yasssss and the toddlers in it are awesome too and i love the cars they added!!!!

But never a positive thread without sarcasm? And then as an answer to my positive input? I for one never wished for toddlers to return. In my opinion they are waste of time, and I don't want driving cars either. I LOVE that sims are able to walk and run everywhere.

Give me reasons why it's sooo good then hm?!

No one has to give anyone a reason for their opinion, especially when it's obvious their opinion doesn't matter to a person.

I'm curious to hear why? I'm allowed to ask questions Hun.

They gave reasons as to why they like the game...and you responded to them with sarcasm. Why would they want to answer your question when it would just be met with more sarcasm?
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    I simply adore it. It's the perfect simsgame to me. Much better than previous versions of The Sims. Especially I love the little touches that make a BIG difference to me: Plants are staying, even when sims are moving, they can have their upgraded plants with them. Paintings and photographs are also kept the way they were from the start. I simply adore the many small animals: pigeons, squirrels, frogs and insects, not to mention the birds, now on the feeder for sims to "enjoy", LOL. I adore the clothes, which are growing with the sims, and all the funny faces they can make. I could go on for hours, and I play for hours. So YES, the Sims 4 is awesome!

Yasssss and the toddlers in it are awesome too and i love the cars they added!!!!

But never a positive thread without sarcasm? And then as an answer to my positive input? I for one never wished for toddlers to return. In my opinion they are waste of time, and I don't want driving cars either. I LOVE that sims are able to walk and run everywhere.

No one has to give anyone a reason for their opinion, especially when it's obvious their opinion doesn't matter to a person.

I'm curious to hear why? I'm allowed to ask questions Hun.

They gave reasons as to why they like the game...and you responded to them with sarcasm. Why would they want to answer your question when it would just be met with more sarcasm?

I was curious? No need to be rude hun? I'm allowed to debate stop trying to be controlling there's no need it's plain rude.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2016

Boring? AHAHAHA

Poor excuse for what? Less lots in exchange And a lovely closed world where you have no cars or anything so your forced to teleport and you can't even go to your neighbours house without being hit with a loading screen babes?

I prefer teleporting and I prefer having a loading screen between my house and the neighbors actually. So TS4 really finds the perfect spot for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Boring? AHAHAHA

I prefer teleporting and I prefer having a loading screen between my house and the neighbors actually. So TS4 really finds the perfect spot for me.

Removed
    Post edited by Ciarassims on
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Deleted
    Post edited by Ciarassims on
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I love it.

I have spent a solid eight months on it so far and it still holds my interest just as intently as day one. I suppose I could run out of things/ways to build and things to stress test, or creative ways to use the systems provided but right now - so so in love. <3

And I dont even actually 'play' the game - I build and test - sure there are some aspect of play involved there but what I am saying as coming from someone who is just farting around really, its a freaking blast if you like building and running scenarios as well as playing house, dress up and "life: simulation" as you see fit.

1400hrs+ ~ thats 58 straight days of testing.

No I dont have anything else pressing to do, why do you ask?
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I love the sims 4 but it is not without its issues. Right now I have taken a break and I am playing the sims 2 for a while. I even installed the sims 3 again so I may play that a bit as well before going back to 4.

The sims in the sims 4 are just so cookie cutter and their lives are so perfect right now it gets a tad boring.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I love most of the game. It was a breath of fresh air after all the troubles I had with sims 3
  • Options
    iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    I like The Sims 4 but lately I been playing The Sims 3 because I need more gameplay.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I like The Sims 4 but lately I been playing The Sims 3 because I need more gameplay.
    Yeah I've been giving Sims 3 another shot and it's been okay it did crash on me yesterday and I lost the house I spent hours building. I don't know why I don't enjoy it as much as I used to though since back before 4 I loved the game now something just feels off.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yeah I like it regardless the flaws.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i like it but there is alot i miss from sims 3 but in do time it will get there i sure don't miss the laggy of 3
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    I like it.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I love Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    lbsykeslbsykes Posts: 36 Member
    I love TS4. It's the first Sims game that I've actually got into. I've tried previous iterations and never been as hooked as I am to TS4. I love the graphics and I'm really enjoying build mode. Definitely winning for me!
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

I Like it, Emphasis on the word..Like.
    I don't spend much time comparing different versions of the game,
    To me they're just that..Different Games, And they have all had
    Their share of pros & cons. :)
  • Options
    pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    Me! But there are things I want improved of course.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member

Your arrogance is showing.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like some executions of some things. Such as Sims being able to sit by a pool with legs in water. Or Sims sitting down while on the phone. Like humans. But I can't really say I love TS4 only particular things I requested for fifteen years, and their execution of those requests.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I hated Sims 4 at first but it's slowly grown on me. It's missing a lot though and the partying/social theme is over done, reasons I complain so much about the game.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    Yes, I like Sims 4 very much, but tbh without mods I'd probably given up on it by now. So far mods have solved all but one of the issues that I have/had with the game.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    I loved it at first and have played it a lot but it has been over half a year or so that I've played it regularly. The management, the content, the lack of anything - it's just making me not wanting to play. It has grown stale for me and I can barely find myself playing it anymore. I will prob play it again soon but I lack motivation to play it. Don't get me wrong, The Sims franchise is one of my favs!