Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who actually likes the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It could definitely use a lot of improvements, but it's a good game.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I enjoy it for the most part. I think it's good to appreciate the game for what it offers and not constantly compare it to previous iterations. While I think it's lacking some things that would improve game play significantly, TS4 has some interesting elements that its predecessors did not, such as multitasking, improved social interactions and emotions. I also prefer the way the sims look in this version than in the TS3, where they all had weird, chubby faces. And the sims social lives are soooo much better; bars, clubs and parties are so much more fun than in TS3! I still think this game needs work and more interesting game play, but I still like it!
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2016
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The game sells well. That means it's well-recepted.

*wanders off*

Not necessarily *cough* No Man's Buy Sky *cough*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I like it, but it needs more depth.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2016
    I keep giving it another try every few months. My niece plays and I buy her packs so why not try out whats new? I do enjoy seeing others play the game but I just can't stay entertained. I'm always so relieved to go back to TS3.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MeepMorpMeepMorp Posts: 85 Member
    I like it. It's different but that doesn't mean bad and I do enjoy playing it a lot actually. The art style is so pretty and I love the look of the Sims. CAS is very fun and I also like the skills, the animations, their voices and build mode is totally awesome. It has its problems, which are discussed a lot, so I won't go into detail now because I feel we need a positive thread for this game between all the negativity. I think this thread is a nice idea by the way. <3

Anyways, I like it that's why I really hope it gets improved a whole lot because I would love to make this my main Sims game for a long time.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I like it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I like it. I agree there is still a lot of room for growth and things it needs but I enjoy playing it as it as currently as well.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like it very much. Base game was pretty bare, but that was the case with the rest of the Sims series as well. It's definitely improved in the 2 years, and while it's still got a ways to go I can easily see it continue to improve.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    as much as i complain about it it keeps me entertained for several hours lol i just think it needs more gameplay
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    The game sells well. That means it's well-recepted.

*wanders off*

Not necessarily *cough* No Man's Buy Sky *cough*

Meh. Not into pooping on parades. They can have it. Should I have been honest? Not sure why it would have mattered if I were.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I like bits and pieces of it.
    I'm just waiting for some really important pieces to show up.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I love it.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really like it a lot :)

There are things that I am waiting for, keeping my fingers crossed for some fun expansions.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Its my favorite sims generation yet, sims 2 will always have a special place in my heart. But i find myself so attached to my sims 4 sims.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Well, I like it more the TS3, which I have made a new attempt trying.
    So yeah, I like it. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Well i mean I like it. Just not enough, I suppose. Standalone, if there was no previous games id looove this game. But ive already seen what Sims is like so this game is sorta meh
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Love it.

I have my qualms though.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I love it! :) There's so much to do in the game that it keeps me occupied for hours. Working on aspirations, skills, building, exploring the different worlds, designing Sims and choosing their outfits...the list goes on and on! The loading screens bothered me at first but I've gotten used to them. My only issue with the game is the relationship culling.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I love it ! TS4 is neck and neck with TS2 for me, I feel like it will soon overtake TS2 with the next packs, they are releasing high quality content. I'm really excited about TS4 future, and I think when all the packs will be released, it's going to be awesome.
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    It's ok- but my least favorite of the three others generations of The sims. Someday maybe it will be as good as two and three- but they have a TON of work todo.
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    I loved it when it was new and glittery, then went off it when I'd plumbed the depths. Then I reunited with my great love Sims 2, only to get a very speedy divorce over the graphics. I briefly returned to my very long fling with Sims 3 and instantly recalled how much the social world and the Sims themselves annoyed me, and then I went into a long decline wishing Fallout 4 could be remade into a Sims game. More recently I've pulled myself together and vowed to play more creatively and now I'm enjoying 4 again. That okay?
  • Options
    LinsandLinsand Posts: 4 New Member
    I haven't played TS4 for a few months now, been playing mostly TS2 and even 1 month with Freetime. TS4 has incredible graphics (I like sims as "cartoons") and I have nothing against the game itself, but for some reason I get bored very quickly. Sometimes I have a YouTube-player playing TS4 on in the "background" though. Have bought all the extensions and gamepacks anyway ... and will propably buy the stuffpacks when I start playing again ... is this somekind of addiction ;) ??
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    I guess a yes or no is not quite so simple for some. :)

He didn't ask for a "yes or a no".

Yes, but... The older I get, the more I confirm the believe that rarely something is black or white. And this assumption, that you can love or hate the Sims 4 is what divides a wonderful community.

In my case - I love the Sims 4. I loved sims 1, 2 and 3, but for me they are long gone now (I tried, but can't return to previous series), so now I love and enjoy Sims 4. But I can't honestly answer "Yes, I like it" because there is a huge 'but' behind this words. I write a lot negative comments here, but not because I don't like S4. It is because I love it and I believe that this is still not the best possible version of this game. It can become better, it still can become perfect. A writing everywhere that game is awesome and perfect won't help them improve the game, same as saying your kid all the time that he is great won't help him become a better version of himself. Sometimes you have to say 'you can do better that this, keep working'. In my opinion.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    I like it.

I've lost entire days to build mode.. I'm also very proud of the world I have created for sims to live and tell their stories in.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.