Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    edited August 2016
    Why can't Larobb just realize Hallie doesn't want to be with him, and they are better off as friends because any attempt at romance will ruin their friendship? Also, I'm not entirely sure but is Hallie a*sexual or does she just not want to be with Larobb?

Edited because I didn't realize a*sexual was censored
    Post edited by Ruby10990 on
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Awwww, it was nice to see Hallie and Larobb spending time together! I'm glad that she said that she wanted to be with no one else but Larobb. I hope this can last.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oh no, I feel bad for both of them! It definitely seems like Hallie is conflicted... Maybe a*sexual? But she does seem to love Larobb...

I feel like them trying to be together isn't fair to either one of them... Either she will be forced to do physical stuff (which she clearly doesn't seem interested in) or he will be denied the physical stuff he wants & needs... :/ They should either stay friends, or perhaps have some kind of non-traditional relationship? An emotional one, but Larobb can get his kicks eslewhere on the side?

Okay maybe I'm thinking about this too much :lol: I just want them both to be happy!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I agree with @CitizenErased14 if Hallie is a*sexual she needs to stand up to it, not only to larobb but also to herself :/ this is not gonna work out
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    I completely understand Hallie's feelings! Sometimes you just want to be alone and have friends, not a significant other. To bad that she went along with it and decided to kiss him though because that can only end badly. :confounded:
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Why can't Larobb just realize Hallie doesn't want to be with him, and they are better off as friends because any attempt at romance will ruin their friendship? Also, I'm not entirely sure but is Hallie a*sexual or does she just not want to be with Larobb?

Edited because I didn't realize a*sexual was censored

@Ruby10990 I think Larobb just didn't want to give up hope. But you're probably right that trying to force something to happen is probably not the best news for their friendship.

As for your other question, we'll just have to wait and see! :p

(And how weird sexual orientations are censored on the forums, huh? You'd think they'd be more progressive with the recent gender patch...)
    Awwww, it was nice to see Hallie and Larobb spending time together! I'm glad that she said that she wanted to be with no one else but Larobb. I hope this can last.

@Simslover163 Well, actually she said she didn't particularly want to date anyone, Larobb included. So I don't know if I'd get my hopes up about this one.
    Oh no, I feel bad for both of them! It definitely seems like Hallie is conflicted... Maybe a*sexual? But she does seem to love Larobb...

I feel like them trying to be together isn't fair to either one of them... Either she will be forced to do physical stuff (which she clearly doesn't seem interested in) or he will be denied the physical stuff he wants & needs... :/ They should either stay friends, or perhaps have some kind of non-traditional relationship? An emotional one, but Larobb can get his kicks eslewhere on the side?

Okay maybe I'm thinking about this too much :lol: I just want them both to be happy!
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I agree with @CitizenErased14 if Hallie is a*sexual she needs to stand up to it, not only to larobb but also to herself :/ this is not gonna work out

@CitizenErased14 & @Julyvee94 Hallie definitely cares about Larobb a lot, but you have a good point that this relationship can't go well if it's not what both of them want. She's too scared of losing him to realise that though :/

Oh, and the suggestion that Larobb should get a sidepiece made me laugh! That would definitely be an inventive solution lol!
    I completely understand Hallie's feelings! Sometimes you just want to be alone and have friends, not a significant other. To bad that she went along with it and decided to kiss him though because that can only end badly. :confounded:

@iheartdinosx3 I'm afraid you might be right, not sure if this can have any good outcomes. But who knows...
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I don't understand what's wrong with Hailie... :/ Is it just because she didn't want to kiss Larobb or just because she's not ready for that kiss? Hmmm... It's weird and it's sad to see her unhappy :(
  • Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with Hailie... :/ Is it just because she didn't want to kiss Larobb or just because she's not ready for that kiss? Hmmm... It's weird and it's sad to see her unhappy :(

@roseinblack69 She didn't want to kiss Larobb, or anybody else for that matter. But that doesn't mean there's something wrong with her. She just needs to find a way to be comfortable with who she is - much like the other 3 heirs :)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm.... different people or sims want different things. Perhaps she is a*sexual or perhaps it is something else, I haven't been inside her head.

Now this is just me thinking out loud but I have felt like Hallie is holding herself back from commitment, she has been through a lot when young so I would understand it. Her parents had her when they were very old, she wasn't even a teenager when they died from old age. Then she went over to another couple who were forced to leave her because they couldn't care for her in the right way. The heart was in the right place but it isn't always enough. Then she came over to her current family, the Bloomers. In this family the parents have stepped back a bit, due to reasons from the parents previous lives they felt a need to not be controlling and perhaps ended up a bit too far away. So here is Hallie now, with very nice and kind but perhaps a little bit distant parent and a new group of siblings that have some interesting inner dynamics with Sera and Vito mainly.

That is a lot to process, sometimes it just takes time to mull things over. Like I said, don't know if she is a*sexual or just trying to keep people at a safe distance. Or perhaps a combo, who knows. She hasn't had the easiest start in life at least.
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I think maybe Hallie is not yet mature to be in a relationship? Maturity comes in different times to different people, so she is probably going to be into dating later in life...
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I can understand that friendship is all she wants right now. She didn't have anyone to understand her since her parents had died. I don't think she ever had a strong bond with any of the Bloomer kids. She must have missed being this close with someone on a friendship level. That's why she probably wants to enjoy what she's got with Larrob as long as possible. She could be one of those girls who avoid romantic relationships until her twenties+.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@roseinblack69 She didn't want to kiss Larobb, or anybody else for that matter. But that doesn't mean there's something wrong with her. She just needs to find a way to be comfortable with who she is - much like the other 3 heirs :)

Ok, that's ok, I understand... I also thought like others she could be a*sexual or have some different reasons. I also agree with @Maladi777 and @anaitapeva - she's not mature for that... Many reasons can be here. As I said it's sad to see her unhappy :/ I hope one day she'll feel better.
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    So much reading material! :love:
    Carly was the prettiest! I loved seeing her like that! <3
    Ralph really grew on me, so I feel kind of bad for him. Hopefully Sera's advice will help. Also: Wow! Sera gave advice! :lol:
    I feel bad for Hallie, Larobb isn't being considerate of her at all, he barely listens to what she's saying. I hope she will overcome this soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I think maybe Hallie is not yet mature to be in a relationship? Maturity comes in different times to different people, so she is probably going to be into dating later in life...

@anaitapeva I think Hallie is more mature than the other heirs in some ways, but you're right that people mature at different times and in different ways (and who's to say the others are ready for relationships, in spite of pursuing them lol!)
    So much reading material! :love:
    Carly was the prettiest! I loved seeing her like that! <3
    Ralph really grew on me, so I feel kind of bad for him. Hopefully Sera's advice will help. Also: Wow! Sera gave advice! :lol:
    I feel bad for Hallie, Larobb isn't being considerate of her at all, he barely listens to what she's saying. I hope she will overcome this soon!

@Sterretjeee Haha who knew you'd start liking Ralph in the end :) And yes, Carly looked stunning, she's a very pretty girl. As for Halle and Larobb, well I think it's a disaster waiting to happen tbh, unless they find a way to communicate about their needs better.
  • Options
    Hmm.... different people or sims want different things. Perhaps she is a*sexual or perhaps it is something else, I haven't been inside her head.

Now this is just me thinking out loud but I have felt like Hallie is holding herself back from commitment, she has been through a lot when young so I would understand it. Her parents had her when they were very old, she wasn't even a teenager when they died from old age. Then she went over to another couple who were forced to leave her because they couldn't care for her in the right way. The heart was in the right place but it isn't always enough. Then she came over to her current family, the Bloomers. In this family the parents have stepped back a bit, due to reasons from the parents previous lives they felt a need to not be controlling and perhaps ended up a bit too far away. So here is Hallie now, with very nice and kind but perhaps a little bit distant parent and a new group of siblings that have some interesting inner dynamics with Sera and Vito mainly.

That is a lot to process, sometimes it just takes time to mull things over. Like I said, don't know if she is a*sexual or just trying to keep people at a safe distance. Or perhaps a combo, who knows. She hasn't had the easiest start in life at least.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I can understand that friendship is all she wants right now. She didn't have anyone to understand her since her parents had died. I don't think she ever had a strong bond with any of the Bloomer kids. She must have missed being this close with someone on a friendship level. That's why she probably wants to enjoy what she's got with Larrob as long as possible. She could be one of those girls who avoid romantic relationships until her twenties+.

@SilentKitty & @Maladi777 These are such insightful comments! You are both absolutely right, Hallie's had a tough time growing up, having lost her parents so quickly, experiencing uncertainty after Peyton wasn't able to keep taking care of her and now being raised by a very hands-off couple... It would definitely affect anyone and has a huge impact on why Hallie detaches herself from the Bloomer siblings to an extent, and is a bit vary of relationships or not, regardless of her sexual orientation.
  • Options
    I don't think I'll have time to post tomorrow or on Friday, so I guess that means you guys get an early update...

9.27 Follow the Ribbits

Jc7zy45.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Okay, that was stinkin' ADORABLE. Even though I still would have preferred Ralph and Sera to get together, that was just too cute and sweet for words :heart: I'm being slowly converted :lol: (Also, Carly has impeccable taste in books ;) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    I am so happy... Love won <3:)
  • Options
    Okay, that was stinkin' ADORABLE. Even though I still would have preferred Ralph and Sera to get together, that was just too cute and sweet for words :heart: I'm being slowly converted :lol: (Also, Carly has impeccable taste in books ;) )

@CitizenErased14 Heh! I figured it made sense for her to like D2D - I mean, the plot largely revolves around finding rare collectibles, right? :D
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@CitizenErased14 Heh! I figured it made sense for her to like D2D - I mean, the plot largely revolves around finding rare collectibles, right? :D

True! :lol: That book totally doubles as a guide for growing a death flower and finding an angelfish :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    That was a cute chapter!! I'm so for #TeamRalottie!! They look so cute together!!! :blush:
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    Ah! That was sooooo cute! Ralph is such a sweet softie when it comes to Carly it's so adorable ♥
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    HHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG SO CUTE <3 I really love the two of them together
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Going of the comment about Sera from the blog. "She’s kind of like Snape when it comes to things like this – not wanting people to know when she’s done something nice, since she feels like it will make her look weak." That was really interesting, got me to see her from a new perspective.

Carly is still my darling-favorite, lol, but I got a new understanding for Sera.