Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New content trailer for JULY

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,442 Member
    Backyard Stuff?

They are not release another SP already are they? Especially when they had 'Perfect Patio' last year for gardens?

It s been leaked but this will probebly have sprinklers, waterslides,swings etc.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Backyard Stuff?

They are not release another SP already are they? Especially when they had 'Perfect Patio' last year for gardens?

It s been leaked but this will probebly have sprinklers, waterslides,swings etc.

I don't think it'll have swings as I'm pretty sure it was already stated that's too much animation for a SP.

• Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    More garden stuff? Seriously? Id rather they spent more time and resources working on things missing from the base game...like i don't know....toddlers? NPCS?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The Backyard SP still isn't 100% confirmed so I'm not really pressed about it yet.
    But if it does happen I can't see it being as great as people are describing it, most of the things are far too much animation for an SP
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    More garden stuff? Seriously? Id rather they spent more time and resources working on things missing from the base game...like i don't know....toddlers? NPCS?

I miss burglars and the occasion when sim's enemies steals your stuff, haha XD
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited July 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    The Backyard SP still isn't 100% confirmed so I'm not really pressed about it yet.
    But if it does happen I can't see it being as great as people are describing it, most of the things are far too much animation for an SP

Kids' Room Stuff includes lots of new animation. The last few SPs have been great for the gameplay objects! I don't see why new for a backyard pack, they couldn't come up with stuff as much fun as the movies, the wishing well and fountain, and the battle station and puppet theater.

Also, some people must have dull yards if they think backyards are just garden and patio :/ (I mean, mine is that IRL, but we've got no young kids anymore and the yard is 14 feet by 14 feet, which is smaller than almost any of my Sims' yard in equivalence. But our yards in the past have included all sorts of fun activities, not just places to sit or cook or grow stuff.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,328 Member
    edited July 2016
  • Options

Possibly playground equipment and more pool stuff.
  • Options

Toddlers are too big for an sp.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Can OP edit this and put "speculation" or "thoughts" in the title or something? I keep thinking this is a thread about the official trailer, like it's already released. Thanks
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member

And I'm not talking about them coming out as a Stuff pack. They better be part of a free update, i am truly done with the sims if they try and charge for toddlers or any other missing base game content. My point is rather than putting resources into pointless stuff packs and trying to squeeze every penny from loyal fans put those resources into free updates to bring the game up to base game standards. Its 2 years on now and I still haven't gotten the game I paid for.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm ready for an Expansion, maybe two even; why not! I'd love a beach world or city world, as long as it's something new.

Because they don't release two EP's in a row duh! It's not like they even have two EP teams.

I.. just made a suggestion of what i'd like, everyone knows it's not possible. I wouldn't mind two EP's, doesn't mean I don't know it's not possible.

I don't think there's any simmer who wouldn't love two eps! I'm with you on that. Oh well, I just hope we find out what's coming up next soon.

I'd be good with an EP and another GP before the end of the year -- that could be doable if say the GP came out in December. We could use a new destination world -- Granite Falls looks awfully lonely on its screen.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member

Kids' Room Stuff includes lots of new animation. The last few SPs have been great for the gameplay objects! I don't see why new for a backyard pack, they couldn't come up with stuff as much fun as the movies, the wishing well and fountain, and the battle station and puppet theater.

Also, some people must have dull yards if they think backyards are just garden and patio :/ (I mean, mine is that IRL, but we've got no young kids anymore and the yard is 14 feet by 14 feet, which is smaller than almost any of my Sims' yard in equivalence. But our yards in the past have included all sorts of fun activities, not just places to sit or cook or grow stuff.)

I had a basketball goal, swing set, dogs, and even a mini gas-powered atv made for children in my backyard while I was growing up.

I'd love to bring back the slip'n'slide from generations. It was pretty fun watching adult sims on that.

But there are so many things that could be added for backyards, I'm thinking we'd get more bang for the buck with it in an EP. With an SP, they'd probably have to limit it to one or two new gameplay items like a slide and sandbox instead of a slide, swing, sandbox, merry-go-round, etc.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'd be happy with a basketball hoop and lounge chairs. Basketball would give my bro group another activity, and lounge chairs would be nice for the community pool.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm ready for an Expansion, maybe two even; why not! I'd love a beach world or city world, as long as it's something new.

Because they don't release two EP's in a row duh! It's not like they even have two EP teams.

I.. just made a suggestion of what i'd like, everyone knows it's not possible. I wouldn't mind two EP's, doesn't mean I don't know it's not possible.

I don't think there's any simmer who wouldn't love two eps! I'm with you on that. Oh well, I just hope we find out what's coming up next soon.

I'd be good with an EP and another GP before the end of the year -- that could be doable if say the GP came out in December. We could use a new destination world -- Granite Falls looks awfully lonely on its screen.

I fully agree ! I don't really care which destination world, but more choices would be great.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Backyard Stuff?

Perfect Patio
    Romantic Garden

now...

MORE yard junk? I mean, I'm sure they will add stuff I want for my sims yards, but 3 packs all dedicated to outside?

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,328 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Angelllite7

Maybe they didn't find new gameplay to add inside.

Kitchen, living room and kids bedroom were done.
    What gameplay could they add with a Parent bedroom SP, a Bathroom SP or a Dining room SP ?

I think the laundry gameplay will be added by a game update.
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    The problem is that many of the lots don't even have adequate room to add all of these backyard activities aside from a few, without it feeling cramped. Maybe that's just my build style though, and I'm not using space efficiently? Point being I shouldn't really have to worry about the lot size unless I intentionally chose a smaller lot, like in TS3. If they add waterslides, swings, sprinklers that would be a lot of new animation and I, personally, would not have anywhere to stick all of those objects unless it was one of the few larger lots, or a community lot.
    It's not that backyard stuff is a bad idea, it's just poorly timed (if it is the next SP) considering we've had quite a bit of yard stuff as everyone has mentioned. Why not save that for later? What's the rush in improving the outdoors, considering we eventually got pools, hot tubs, garden stuff, all of the activities related to OR...it just seems redundant. What about a bed and bath pack (I seriously want more beds) or family living pack (might be better as a GP, or just a generations ep, period)? Maybe it's being released as the next SP (speculation) because the next EP will be seasons related, and all of this ties in together.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If it is a backyard SP (which I would love) then why not make a kids play park with all the waterslides, swings and sprinklers? Then all our kiddies can meet up at the play park and hangout together instead of playing by themselves at home.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2016
    Backyard Stuff?

Perfect Patio
    Romantic Garden

now...

MORE yard junk? I mean, I'm sure they will add stuff I want for my sims yards, but 3 packs all dedicated to outside?

Perfect Patio Stuff was last Summer and was about spending time outside with friends and family.

Romantic Garden was full of flowers, floral clothes and romantic sculptures and follies and fit well into Spring/Valentine's Day especially with being able to bring back loved ones, find love or get a child from the well (love/procreation/life all Spring themed).

Another outdoor themed pack is apt for the Summer.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    i could use a sprinkler to water my sims plants lol
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member

I'd be happy for two EPs this year.
    At the rate we are going it's going to be one EP a year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah. The gaps between GPs have been fairly large too so I'd be surprised if we got two this year.
    Even if EP3 came out next month it'd be unlikely that we get another this year imo
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

And I'm not talking about them coming out as a Stuff pack. They better be part of a free update, i am truly done with the sims if they try and charge for toddlers or any other missing base game content. My point is rather than putting resources into pointless stuff packs and trying to squeeze every penny from loyal fans put those resources into free updates to bring the game up to base game standards. Its 2 years on now and I still haven't gotten the game I paid for.

You got the game you paid for. The lack of toddlers and pools were made very clear months before release. Any pre ordere made could have been cancelled. There is absolutely no excuse, you got what you paid for.

I'm not saying that I disagree because when the base game launched it was horrendous. I couldn't believe I sold my ps3 to buy it, I felt ripped off. But like you I knew what I was buying. I knew I was buying a game without toddlers and ghosts, two important things to me. I bought it anyway. I bought the game I was promised. Luckily ghosts were patched in but Toddlers have had no such luck yet.

You have the right to be angry, if the game is not how you envisioned it. But you cannot claim you haven't gotten the game you paid for.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @Angelllite7

Maybe they didn't find new gameplay to add inside.

Kitchen, living room and kids bedroom were done.
    What gameplay could they add with a Parent bedroom SP, a Bathroom SP or a Dining room SP ?

I think the laundry gameplay will be added by a game update.

Well Movie hangout proved the premium object doesn't have to match the theme. Movies and popcorn don't match eith bohemian style. Not that I'm complaining, I LOOOOVe movie hangouts stuff.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png