The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New content trailer for JULY

Comments

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm ready for an Expansion, maybe two even; why not! I'd love a beach world or city world, as long as it's something new.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm ready for an Expansion, maybe two even; why not! I'd love a beach world or city world, as long as it's something new.

Because they don't release two EP's in a row duh! It's not like they even have two EP teams.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Because they don't release two EP's in a row duh! It's not like they even have two EP teams.

I don't think they have two EP teams anymore...
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,384 Member
    edited July 2016
    @FurSimsOriginal

Personally I don't need news, I need packs... all of them :p
    I dislike to wait 5 years for getting them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,490 Member

Maybe not but I think next year they ll get back on target with 2 eps.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I want some american stuff.....
    fireworks, american flag, etc
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I want 3 EP even if only 1 EP team... let that blow your mind.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    wouldn't it have been good timing for them to do a backyard pack in time for your American 4th of July?

I could see that but most places are closed on 4th of July anyway and in the past, the Gurus haven't done anything really special for that holiday anyway.
    Shame we can't get any patriotic clothing patched in. For that you need cc though the adult females do have a patriotic vest.

It wouldn't make any sense for me to have USA flags and 4th of July paraphernalia.
    The game is played worldwide. Sometimes American simmers tend to forget that.

Some countries use fireworks for other celebrations, so maybe a fireworks set (like the ones we had in Sims 3) would have been nice. Or even just some colored outdoor lights so people could mix and match to fit their flag's color schemes. (It was also Canada Day this weekend so it's more a North American focus.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MocaJava wrote: »
    ^^ I mean they do holiday packs that are primarily celebrated by the US all the time, unless I'm mistaken and Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are celebrated worldwide...and there's a large possibility I'm completely wrong lol

BUUUT OT: I hate vague, like "sometime after the kids pack"...um that could mean like a week after or two months after? That's one thing about EA or Maxis or whoeverthehell, just tell us what's up and stop leaving us in the dark all the time. Stop leaving "hints" in the new content and stop posting pics of a "could/would be" toddler and then not following up or talking about it. I think us fans are starting to get tired of the run around and no real answers.

Halloween is celebrated in other parts of Europe and so is Christmas. Thanksgiving though is solely an American thing, I don't even know what it is about.

And I do not want any American flags in the game, that is just plain dumb and kind of selfish.

But you know what I'd like in TS4? Dia de los muertos decorations. Candy skulls etc.

Canada has Thanksgiving as well, though not on the same date and not for the same reasons the U.S. does.

They do Dia de los Muertos in World of Warcraft and give the players candy skulls and the like.

I like the Winterveil festival in Warcraft -- don't play WoW but I do play the Hearthstone card game spinoff, and it was fun having the standard greetings changed for a few weeks. I think Canada's Thanksgiving date makes more sense, at least from a dietary standpoint (I hide the scale from end of November to late January :| ).
  • Options

Maybe not but I think next year they ll get back on target with 2 eps.

I think the Get Together delay plus I think there was a shakeup in the team personnel (I thought I saw at least one Guru tweet she was moving from EPs to GPs, or maybe vice versa) kind of screwed up the plans a bit. We'll just have to see what's in store for the next fiscal year.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really hope they show the teaser tuesday... However I think they'd want Kids Room to have a little more time in the spotlight. They did this previously, where they wouldn't talk about anything else 2 weeks after a pack was released when they could have...
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    edited July 2016
    Simanite wrote: »
    The Sims is created in America by primarily American developers, so I think they would be well within their rights to add American-themed stuff. And for me, someone who LOVES America, I would love them.

Right, but they have to think of their target audience around the world. I prefer the idea of adding fireworks and at least outfits or flags that you can change the colour of. Especially as the 4th July is so similar to England's guy forks night, which is an even older celebration where fireworks are used.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    The Sims is created in America by primarily American developers, so I think they would be well within their rights to add American-themed stuff. And for me, someone who LOVES America, I would love them.

Right, but they have to think of their target audience around the world. I prefer the idea of adding fireworks and at least outfits or flags that you can change the colour of. Especially as the 4th July is so similar to England's guy forks night, which is an even older celebration where fireworks are used.

Actually, they are the opposite. Bonfire night (Guy Fawkes Night) commemorates a failed attempt at blowing up the House of Lords in an attempt to kill King James I in 1605. Independence Day celebrates a successful revolution against a British king 171 years later. Some would say 4th of July is somewhat of a parody of the previous and opposite event. :p
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

I.. just made a suggestion of what i'd like, everyone knows it's not possible. I wouldn't mind two EP's, doesn't mean I don't know it's not possible.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

I.. just made a suggestion of what i'd like, everyone knows it's not possible. I wouldn't mind two EP's, doesn't mean I don't know it's not possible.

I don't think there's any simmer who wouldn't love two eps! I'm with you on that. Oh well, I just hope we find out what's coming up next soon.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Please can I have another free world which is similar to OS and a City life EP/GP or Generations if that isn't to much to ask, K thx EA xxx
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited July 2016
    LOL Haven't read all the comments but here is my opinion.

If they are not releasing any EPs this time, I do think toddlers will really solve the problem. Not for Anti - Toddlers, but for some simmers who are begging more family play.

But plum it, I need EP so.. PETS! UNIVERSITY! GENERATIONS! SEASONS! SUPERNATURAL!!!! OMG

excuse my happiness.

Edit: grammar
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    I need a Vacation EP complete with a tropical beach location and resorts.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,384 Member
    edited July 2016
    Let's try this pattern

Tuesday July 5th : Upcoming content teaser
    Tuesday July 12th : SP08 Backyard Stuff trailer
    Tuesday July 19th : SP08 Backyard Stuff release date
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member

a hidden lot would be nice it needs to be mystical and tropical at the same time.

and Tiki sets
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    JasonRMJ wrote: »

a hidden lot would be nice it needs to be mystical and tropical at the same time.

and Tiki sets

Hidden lots are limited. We need a destination world for vacations.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Backyard Stuff?

They are not release another SP already are they? Especially when they had 'Perfect Patio' last year for gardens?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Backyard Stuff?

They are not release another SP already are they? Especially when they had 'Perfect Patio' last year for gardens?

People are thinking it's going to be more activity oriented than Perfect Patio, and maybe have playground equipment, sandboxes, treehouses, stuff like that.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png