The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More 80 failures in the worlds of The Sims 4. More on next pages.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    have some compassion for the developers. quality control is an unnecessary expense when probably 80% of simmers will buy anything sims. cutting edge or even status quo is too time consuming (i.e., expensive). ea is just coasting the franchise along for the money now. don't make them angry or they'll hold ts5 hostage forevah... and then we'll never get toddlers or ... [insert your choice in gaping hole of missing content].

I thought you were serious for a sec, I almost facepalmed

oh, well. facepalm is pretty much my life state when i come here and take a gander at how my fellow simmers are coping with ts4.

It says something about the product that they have received, doesn't it?
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is why we need a CAW tool again. No CAW builder would ever leave their world unfinished and this neglect is an insult to the greatness that we had in the TS3 days.

I mean, if we must have closed worlds, at least finish them!

The Sims 3 Worlds had plenty of flaws when Developers were forced to meet unrealistic deadlines.
    Hidden Springs, Islo Paradiso, Bridgeport, University World etc. all had really bad mistakes, routing issues etc like this.

Windenburg is a better example of what Devs can achieve when they get the time they need. It's not so much Devs being careless, it's quite evident that when they get the time they need, they can deliver.

Windenburg, Granite Falls, Twinbrook, Appaloosa Plains, Sunlit Tides were some examples when the worlds were stunning when Devs have time.
    Sugar Maple Coast is a perfect example of a stunning world (Sims 3 Pets console). Devs had a year to build that world and it shows. Stunning.

Willow Creek and Oasis Springs didn't even exist in 2013 when the game was announced, an early version of Windenburg existed instead.
    Willow Creek was still in development 3 months before launch when they did the first live stream, and Oasis Springs didn't even exist until just before launch.

EA clearly didn't like the original world and made them make more generic worlds last minute which is why this was rushed. They had been working on Windenburg and Granite Falls for over a year, and it's why it's quality.

---

I just hope we don't get anymore rushed worlds and EA lets Devs take their time.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    What most strikes me is the fact that producers can edit at any time, any world of The Sims 4. Regardless of players have already played in these worlds or not. The lots in TS4 works independently of the worlds, so if producers remove a light pole, a trash can, a tree or a bush, when we enter the game, we can see the changes. So yes, they can edit all existing worlds to at least alleviate much of the flaws that I and other users pointed out. Maxis did a great job with Windenburg, but it is even necessary more care with the creation of worlds and everything that can be seen in the normal camera range.

And we can not close our eyes and let that previous worlds simply forgotten.

They can? I'm not really sure whether or not they can actually edit worlds that they've released, and I haven't really seen any Gurus say anything about the actual process of making worlds/neighborhoods. I would be grateful if they at least explained the process of creating each neighborhood, and if they show us footage of it with explanations, I would be even more grateful so that we at least know what exactly goes into making worlds.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    What most strikes me is the fact that producers can edit at any time, any world of The Sims 4. Regardless of players have already played in these worlds or not. The lots in TS4 works independently of the worlds, so if producers remove a light pole, a trash can, a tree or a bush, when we enter the game, we can see the changes. So yes, they can edit all existing worlds to at least alleviate much of the flaws that I and other users pointed out. Maxis did a great job with Windenburg, but it is even necessary more care with the creation of worlds and everything that can be seen in the normal camera range.

They said they can do it within reason. For example, there was a bin than was just out of reach in-game, and Devs said they spent a while getting that fixed.
    But from what I've heard, the worlds in 4 are pretty much built into the game.

That's why they couldn't add Mag Prom to WC. Or just add more lots to free space in WC instead of releasing Newcrest.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The gurus have said that they can make the neighborhood sections larger and add more to each world (1) so I'd assume they could go back and fix some of the really noticeable things or add/remove objects, but I haven't seen anything about how they're made.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    The gurus have said that they can make the neighborhood sections larger and add more to each world (1) so I'd assume they could go back and fix some of the really noticeable things or add/remove objects, but I haven't seen anything about how they're made.

They later said they couldn't and ran into issues when trying to add Mag Prom to WC in march 2015.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2016
    Technically speaking, producers can indeed edit any world, at any time, and add or remove anything. In the richest district of Willow Creek, where there are two mansions, there was a locked lot with some objects, hidden at the end of the map! And the producers removed the lot after an upgrade. I use the same save-game sice the game was released, and I just realized that they had removed the lot when I went make some pictures about it.

In Newcrest, in the district that looks like the one where the Goth family lives in Willow Creek, there was a small pole in the middle of the sidewalk, the producers forgot it there in the middle of the sidewalk. One or two updaters after Newcrest, the small pole was removed from the sidewalk. The object disappeared, simply was not there. Producers removed the small pole that because there were people who complained, I even pointed the Failure on Twitter. :smile:

I've had the opportunity to observe the internal files of the game, including the UI files, and the conclusion I got over the fact they never integrated Magnolia Promenade in Willow Creek is due to lazy to edit several times the 2D images to add new components to the map. After all, the image has a specific resolution, and would need to change the zoom level, edit the image size of each lot, and then close the system. There is nothing that prevents producers editing the 2D image and add new areas, anyone who understands a little about game programming quickly realize how the map code works, and is very similar to what was done in The Sims 1. Incidentally, I remember that in Newcrest map had two lots with inverted position, in the map, the lot was on the extreme right, but in the game the lot was on the far left, and vice versa. When producers realized this, they edited the map. Basically they changed the position of the lot on the map and done, resolved.

I really want a world creation tool. But I doubt the producers will talk more about how the system of create worlds and maps works. This would only open loophole for Simmers complain even more.

I recently discovered that the create world tool of The Sims 4 is apparently more limiting in some things than the CAW of The Sims 3. Producers may only use 4 ground textures for the world! The game no longer support more than 4 in public areas, and to circumvent the situation, they create "texture boards" to add in some places, because the game does not consider the texture board as texture, but an object. This has been used in Oasis Sprins and Granite Falls. It is not for nothing that if you put the camera under water in many districts, you will see grass, not a stone texture or something. It's sad... :worried:
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

They later said they couldn't and ran into issues when trying to add Mag Prom to WC in march 2015.
    This makes me sadface
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited June 2016

I'd rather they use their time on something else than fixing minor things like roads going nowhere that I won't see 9 times out of 10. Some of the things you mentionned I noticed, especially the ones visible from the playable part of the public spaces and that don't need some odd camera angle, but most of them I didn't, and most importantly didn't care about.

100% quality is extremely costly. The quality level of the current neighborhoods is enough for me.

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    oh my gosh! this needs to be fixed!
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruAzure @SimGuruLakshmi
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I believe many of these failures could be solved in a few hours the worlds creators. :smile:
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    am I the only one who don't really care about this? They don't interfere with my gameplay, so what's the big deal?

Think of it as a treasure hunt rather than a complaint... I highly doubt that anyone is really expecting a response from the developers.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Hope is the last to die! haha
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    You had me until "The quality and care that was in the creation of the worlds of The Sims 3".

You don't remember The Sims 3, do you?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    For some time I was thinking of creating a thread like this. It aims to draw the attention of producers about the negligence when are creating the worlds of The Sims 4. I'm quite tired of seeing so many flaws that the worlds of The Sims 4 have. Are flaws with the neighborhood ornaments, the positioning of certain objects, "paper tree" background very close to the normal range of the game camera, and a lot of other things. The quality and care that was in the creation of the worlds of The Sims 3 just vanished into The Sims 4. Did you, The Sims Studio, can do a better job? Because the quality is declining.

Maybe you need the help the Popcap, because the scenarios of Plants vs Zombies are very well made. Now I'm going show everyone what I'm talking about. All photos were made without the use of the free camera.

I can easily see these two streets cut with a normal camera, what is the difficulty in trying to hide it better?
    22102343059_f28dc5955c_c.jpg

Again, in the same district.
    22289161005_65043360a9_c.jpg

Again.
    22276304572_5c31df8d5c_c.jpg

They almost succeeded in hiding the limit of the street. But poor people, it was not enough.
    21666465214_16e71cce87_c.jpg

Again
    22276333652_fb21a4f1dd_c.jpg

Why god?
    22276346462_19c7ac5791_c.jpg

This is bad.
    22289230465_733dc140ec_c.jpg

Oh my God! This could cause a serious car accident. Oh, I forgot! Sims do not own cars.
    22263237856_ce873cf914_c.jpg

Please, stop! I'm crying.
    21666531094_f259d6cfb6_c.jpg

Great! :D
    22101242150_1d0725223a_c.jpg

Maybe more 2 trees?
    22299829381_da15ff3de1_c.jpg

Why not make a tunnel? What the plum.
    22289288535_27a7219dfd_c.jpg

I see it!
    22101600798_247f072d5c_c.jpg

Do not you think that tree background is too close? It seems so fake.
    22101292380_8d35e89e4c_c.jpg

Once upon a time, papers in front of a street.
    22289331165_460d1ee704_c.jpg

Can you see that floating tree? Can you see the square ground?
    22276478762_51e0da400a_c.jpg

Square, square, square!
    22289360635_a7657fdc03_c.jpg

I don't like the terrain :( If I see this kind of thing at the normal camera range, I'll complain..
    22276504602_ecf8160579_c.jpg

OH MY GOD! LOOK THIS! What a shame. What a shame ... that lousy job.
    22263386826_72785557dc_b.jpg

I thought that lilypad should float on the water, not in the air.
    21666680534_06d7d760fb_c.jpg

plum?
    22276546992_dee17eae38_c.jpg

... S***
    21668419443_7a4c8cef3b_c.jpg

The river is a disaster
    21666728344_19b92f7d32_c.jpg

Lets pray for that.
    22101441850_2809867b0f_c.jpg

No no no no baby...
    22300035241_2abdbc5d20_c.jpg

Poor river. It would not cost anything to have continued a little more, right?
    21666773794_5dc666f21d_c.jpg

Too sad
    22102707789_08627a3cc1_c.jpg

plum?
    22300081431_109f167a2b_c.jpg

Floating plants...
    22101833538_d5e0561989_c.jpg

I would not want to know what's there.
    22263541596_e24acd12cc_c.jpg

The first time I saw it was at Gamescom, before the game is officially released.
    22300115761_e90b1ec675_c.jpg

Again
    22263569716_ab129e2602_c.jpg

I'm tired.
    21666866114_39b0f4e2b0_c.jpg

Of this.
    22300156801_ab04bc0d3d_c.jpg

The forest is invading the city.
    21666892634_be7da96b43_c.jpg

So ugly.
    22289630525_a19c08c0cb_c.jpg

The Sims Studio, can you hide that?
    21666919254_52aa7e32ea_c.jpg

Paper too close.
    22101632740_3ae3d366c0_c.jpg

plum? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF? STOP!
    22101965278_bbd101804b_c.jpg

There's a hole in the river.There's a river with a hole.
    22263674946_377d9118ac_c.jpg

Studio? Where are you?
    21668683963_45c29fd0be.jpg

Maybe other angle
    21666985464_57e6224f4b_c.jpg

The End
    22101700980_cf04d93a53_c.jpg

In my opinion, it is unacceptable view all these things I showed in each of the photos through the normal game camera. If I could see the limit of all these streets with just the free camera, it would be acceptable, but when I see through the normal camera, I basically feel living in a more false environment. I LOVE the worlds of The Sims 4. They are so rich in small details than The Sims 3! But I believe there is much to improve. I know that producers can edit at any time existing districts to correct flaws, even in districts already played. And if you don't think it's important what I showed, is your right! But try not to belittle! Because while for many babies and cars are important, to me, are also the neighborhoods.

Bye

Not surprising..but when you try to rebuild a game in a years time that took 3 plus years to make..this is what you get.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I would volunteer to go in and fix up the worlds if permitted. I'm a builder and artist, while some may not see this is a big thing,petty or nitpicking, to someone like me it's a wee bit "loud." I wish people would outgrow the need to belittle others (on all sides) for what they feel would improve their game play. These are fans who love the Sims and just want the best.
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »
    I would volunteer to go in and fix up the worlds if permitted. I'm a builder and artist, while some may not see this is a big thing,petty or nitpicking, to someone like me it's a wee bit "loud." I wish people would outgrow the need to belittle others (on all sides) for what they feel would improve their game play. These are fans who love the Sims and just want the best.

I have no doubt the people who are saying it's not a big deal want the best Sims game too. It's just that their 'best' isn't the same as yours.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

I have no doubt the people who are saying it's not a big deal want the best Sims game too. It's just that their 'best' isn't the same as yours.

Understood, but ask yourself would it really upset those who are not bothered by the world flaws, if the devs went back in and fixed it up a bit? I doubt it would impact them negatively.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Understood, but ask yourself would it really upset those who are not bothered by the world flaws, if the devs went back in and fixed it up a bit? I doubt it would impact them negatively.

If the devs went back and fix these, they wouldn't be working on something else during that time, something else that potentially would be more interesting for these people, so yes it could impact them negatively.

I'm happy they released Newcrest and not a road-going-to-nowhere fix for the base game worlds for example.
  • Options

If the devs went back and fix these, they wouldn't be working on something else during that time, something else that potentially would be more interesting for these people, so yes it could impact them negatively.

I see, so instead of fixing existing flaws and bugs, it's in the best interest of the game to just move on and add more content for the people who aren't affected by the issues?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I'm happy they released Newcrest and not a road-going-to-nowhere fix for the base game worlds for example.

I think one of the points of this discussion is that all of these 'oops' are here in the first place.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

I think one of the points of this discussion is that all of these 'oops' are here in the first place.

Agreed. Prevention is easier than correcting.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I see, so instead of fixing existing flaws and bugs, it's in the best interest of the game to just move on and add more content for the people who aren't affected by the issues?

It's the best interest for the people who aren't bothered by them. What's best for the game is another matter, and that's Maxis' business, not ours, we don't have the data to draw any kind of conclusion about what's best for the game.

And prevention change nothing, it's work to be done anyway. I prefer two base game worlds over one with no-road-to-nowhere too for example.

But it's fine if your opinion is different from mine, I'm just explaining why some people may want something different than you. But if you personally think these things are more important than more world or whatever, that's your prerogative.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

So, in short, players want them to work on different things. But if I understand Baenre correctly, all they're saying is there's no need to belittle the wishes of other simmers, just because your priorities happen to lie elsewhere.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

It's the best interest for the people who aren't bothered by them. What's best for the game is another matter, and that's Maxis' business, not ours, we don't have the data to draw any kind of conclusion about what's best for the game.

And prevention change nothing, it's work to be done anyway. I prefer two base game worlds over one with no-road-to-nowhere too for example.

But it's fine if your opinion is different from mine, I'm just explaining why some people may want something different than you. But if you personally think these things are more important than more world or whatever, that's your prerogative.

I honestly haven't seen any evidence of fixing existing issues absolutely preventing content from coming out. It's assumed it would come out slower for some reason (which I guess depends on what EA's dedication to this game) but there've been games coming out with fixes and content simultaneously for years. The either/or thing is just assumed. However, if EA chooses quantity over quality and people are okay with that, then I will peacefully bow out and accept I'm a dying breed of gamer who doesn't understand how a less flawed game with less flawed content is a negative thing.