Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More 80 failures in the worlds of The Sims 4. More on next pages.

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Baenre wrote: »
    I would volunteer to go in and fix up the worlds if permitted. I'm a builder and artist, while some may not see this is a big thing,petty or nitpicking, to someone like me it's a wee bit "loud." I wish people would outgrow the need to belittle others (on all sides) for what they feel would improve their game play. These are fans who love the Sims and just want the best.

I have no doubt the people who are saying it's not a big deal want the best Sims game too. It's just that their 'best' isn't the same as yours.

Understood, but ask yourself would it really upset those who are not bothered by the world flaws, if the devs went back in and fixed it up a bit? I doubt it would impact them negatively.

If the devs went back and fix these, they wouldn't be working on something else during that time, something else that potentially would be more interesting for these people, so yes it could impact them negatively.

I see, so instead of fixing existing flaws and bugs, it's in the best interest of the game to just move on and add more content for the people who aren't affected by the issues?

It's the best interest for the people who aren't bothered by them. What's best for the game is another matter, and that's Maxis' business, not ours, we don't have the data to draw any kind of conclusion about what's best for the game.

And prevention change nothing, it's work to be done anyway. I prefer two base game worlds over one with no-road-to-nowhere too for example.

But it's fine if your opinion is different from mine, I'm just explaining why some people may want something different than you. But if you personally think these things are more important than more world or whatever, that's your prerogative.

But where do you draw the line? If some people aren't bothered by clipping? If some people need a fix for culling? If other are tired of their Sims being on the sidewalk each time you go their lot? I'm sure there are people out there who aren't bothered by any bugs in this game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I would volunteer to go in and fix up the worlds if permitted. I'm a builder and artist, while some may not see this is a big thing,petty or nitpicking, to someone like me it's a wee bit "loud." I wish people would outgrow the need to belittle others (on all sides) for what they feel would improve their game play. These are fans who love the Sims and just want the best.

I have no doubt the people who are saying it's not a big deal want the best Sims game too. It's just that their 'best' isn't the same as yours.

Understood, but ask yourself would it really upset those who are not bothered by the world flaws, if the devs went back in and fixed it up a bit? I doubt it would impact them negatively.

If the devs went back and fix these, they wouldn't be working on something else during that time, something else that potentially would be more interesting for these people, so yes it could impact them negatively.

I'm happy they released Newcrest and not a road-going-to-nowhere fix for the base game worlds for example.
    So, in short, players want them to work on different things. But if I understand Baenre correctly, all they're saying is there's no need to belittle the wishes of other simmers, just because your priorities happen to lie elsewhere.

Aye, JoAnne.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited July 2016
    I see, so instead of fixing existing flaws and bugs, it's in the best interest of the game to just move on and add more content for the people who aren't affected by the issues?

Who is affected by two dimensional background decor or holes in the terrain which are beyond camera boundaries? It's best to maintain a state which is functional rather than destroying the user's data for aesthetic corrections. Correction of any of these problems will require re-deployment of world objects and re-creation (re-instancing) of the user's world data and that would effectively end the product's life cycle since no one would have any interest in re-creating their worlds and characters.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options

Who is affected by two dimensional background decor or holes in the terrain which are beyond camera boundaries? It's best to maintain the a state which is functional rather than destroying the user's data for aesthetic corrections. Correction of any of these problems will require re-deployment of world objects and re-creation (re-instancing) of the user's world data and that would effectively end the product's life cycle since no one would have any interest in re-creating their worlds and characters.

The free camera was not used. Some stuff I understand, however I also have experienced these issues playing my game within "normal" camera parameters, when trying to get a good angle of my Sim, or just out in the public spaces. I've come across more than what the screenshots OP provided, is showing, but I appreciate their examples.

As for who is affected? Apparently the people who notice this, posted it, and have their game-immersion broken by what they stumble across? Again this is what I'm talking about, why is this "less" than what others are having issues with? If it doesn't affect you, okay then. Why can't people just be supportive of each other when their fellow simmer is having trouble with something in game?

And again, there've been games coming out with fixes and content simultaneously for years without destroying the worlds or environments, etc. The fatalistic scenarios of game development is an interesting one, that's for sure.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

I'm happy they released Newcrest and not a road-going-to-nowhere fix for the base game worlds for example.
    So, in short, players want them to work on different things. But if I understand Baenre correctly, all they're saying is there's no need to belittle the wishes of other simmers, just because your priorities happen to lie elsewhere.

Yes and I agree with that. I was just commenting that the people who aren't bothered by these are very likely to want the best too. Just their idea of the best.

It's the best interest for the people who aren't bothered by them. What's best for the game is another matter, and that's Maxis' business, not ours, we don't have the data to draw any kind of conclusion about what's best for the game.

And prevention change nothing, it's work to be done anyway. I prefer two base game worlds over one with no-road-to-nowhere too for example.

But it's fine if your opinion is different from mine, I'm just explaining why some people may want something different than you. But if you personally think these things are more important than more world or whatever, that's your prerogative.

I honestly haven't seen any evidence of fixing existing issues absolutely preventing content from coming out. It's assumed it would come out slower for some reason (which I guess depends on what EA's dedication to this game) but there've been games coming out with fixes and content simultaneously for years. The either/or thing is just assumed. However, if EA chooses quantity over quality and people are okay with that, then I will peacefully bow out and accept I'm a dying breed of gamer who doesn't understand how a less flawed game with less flawed content is a negative thing.

There's a set number of hours in a day, and these fixes aren't done instantly, so any hour they spend on this isn't spent on something else, though we don't know what this something else is. I took Newcrest or two base game worlds as example, we don't know exactly what would have been cut to make perfect worlds.

But where do you draw the line? If some people aren't bothered by clipping? If some people need a fix for culling? If other are tired of their Sims being on the sidewalk each time you go their lot? I'm sure there are people out there who aren't bothered by any bugs in this game.

Well, that's why it's best to let that headache to Maxis :wink:
    I'm sure they have some people whose jobs is to collect players feedback and try to determine what's the best for the game, based on that feedback, how much it costs, how much time they have, whether it's feasible, etc.

Think about it, they also have to determine where to draw the line in the other direction too : if some people are bothered the interiors of the neighborhood' buildings aren't modelized ? or inside the furnitures ?
  • Options

Yes and I agree with that. I was just commenting that the people who aren't bothered by these are very likely to want the best too. Just their idea of the best.

I honestly haven't seen any evidence of fixing existing issues absolutely preventing content from coming out. It's assumed it would come out slower for some reason (which I guess depends on what EA's dedication to this game) but there've been games coming out with fixes and content simultaneously for years. The either/or thing is just assumed. However, if EA chooses quantity over quality and people are okay with that, then I will peacefully bow out and accept I'm a dying breed of gamer who doesn't understand how a less flawed game with less flawed content is a negative thing.

There's a set number of hours in a day, and these fixes aren't done instantly, so any hour they spend on this isn't spent on something else, though we don't know what this something else is. I took Newcrest or two base game worlds as example, we don't know exactly what would have been cut to make perfect worlds.

I'm sure they have some people whose jobs is to collect players feedback and try to determine what's the best for the game, based on that feedback, how much it costs, how much time they have, whether it's feasible, etc.

Think about it, they also have to determine where to draw the line in the other direction too : if some people are bothered the interiors of the neighborhood' buildings aren't modelized ? or inside the furnitures ?

I'm sorry I just don't go along with that. The first thing any big company will consider is the cost. If that weren't the case I'm sure this game would already have quite a few things important to players ( that have pages and pages of feedback) fixed or patched in. I think players need to continue to point out, again and again, what is flawed in this game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    quwfacequwface Posts: 52 Member
    I'm sorry I just don't go along with that. The first thing any big company will consider is the cost. If that weren't the case I'm sure this game would already have quite a few things important to players ( that have pages and pages of feedback) fixed or patched in. I think players need to continue to point out, again and again, what is flawed in this game.

Thank you. We absolutely should. I couldn't unsee the worldbuilding mistakes and errors after I noticed them, I am hoping they either release a worldbuilding tool so the community can fix them, or patch them in soon.

They're charging a lot of money for this game, even on sale... as consumers we should definitely complain when it's things like this.
    The Foster Legacy: A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

Well, yes, players need to point out what is flawed in this game for them. But what you think is the best, may not be the best for everybody else, so don't be suprise when other people want something else than you. ;)
  • Options
    Well, yes, players need to point out what is flawed in this game for them. But what you think is the best, may not be the best for everybody else, so don't be suprise when other people want something else than you. ;)

Okay I see you're getting hung up on the fact that I used the subjective word "best" and that's just being taken out of context. I have faith people are savvy enough to know what I meant by that. :) My statement in regards to people pointing out issues wasn't an automatic jab at the people who aren't having issues as not wanting the best, there was no need to take it there. My inclusion of that statement was due to my experiences of coming across people accusing others who are pointing out issues as simply being "haters" or not real fans. That was me covering my 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It has absolutely nothing to do with the people this doesn't apply to.
  • Options

It's true but the part I don't get is that when a flaw/bug/glitch is very glaring to a player and disrupts their play why do they get such negative feedback from players who are not bothered?

Everyone has the right to talk about a product they have shelled out the bucks for.

Example....

If it bothers me that every time I go to a new lot I find Sims standing outside wiggling because they have to use the bathroom, are missing work and are starving I should be able to talk about it until it get fixed or I have an adequate answer as to why the game is like that.
  • Options
    It's true but the part I don't get is that when a flaw/bug/glitch is very glaring to a player and disrupts their play why do they get such negative feedback from players who are not bothered?

Everyone has the right to talk about a product they have shelled out the bucks for.

Example....

If it bothers me that every time I go to a new lot I find Sims standing outside wiggling because they have to use the bathroom, are missing work and are starving I should be able to talk about it until it get fixed or I have an adequate answer as to why the game is like that.

This is what I was trying to elaborate on but I guess missed the mark. Thank you for doing a much better job.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member

Who is affected by two dimensional background decor or holes in the terrain which are beyond camera boundaries? It's best to maintain a state which is functional rather than destroying the user's data for aesthetic corrections. Correction of any of these problems will require re-deployment of world objects and re-creation (re-instancing) of the user's world data and that would effectively end the product's life cycle since no one would have any interest in re-creating their worlds and characters.

In fact, the worlds of The Sims 4 are more versatile than the worlds of The Sims 3. The lots works independently, so the producers can freely edit any world without Affecting our current game.

There is a district in Willow Creek where there are two mansions. In this district there was a hidden lot which most likely the producers had "forgotten" during the development of the game. In this lot had a room and some loose objects, positioned anyway. Producers removed this lot after a patch. And I discovered that producers removed when I was just looking for this lot. (And my save game is the same from when the game was released).

There was also a light pole in the middle of a sidewalk in one of Newcrest districts. More specifically that district that looks much like the one where goth family lives. Producers removed the light pole after they realized the error. :)

tenor.gif
  • Options
    In fact, the worlds of The Sims 4 are more versatile than the worlds of The Sims 3. The lots works independently, so the producers can freely edit any world without Affecting our current game.
    They most certainly are and I haven't mentioned anything which is related to The Sims 3. Every object in your save data is instanced, meaning that a new object is created from packaged 'templates' with a globally unique identifier, and if any object is replaced or re-indexed, your save data becomes useless unless they ensure that every ID and location matches what is written within your save file. I don't want them to publish any updates to pre-existing world data and I'm sure that no one else will want them to either.
    There is a district in Willow Creek where there are two mansions. In this district there was a hidden lot which most likely the producers had "forgotten" during the development of the game. In this lot had a room and some loose objects, positioned anyway. Producers removed this lot after a patch. And I discovered that producers removed when I was just looking for this lot. (And my save game is the same from when the game was released).
    Unless you have images, I'm going to consider this to be false.
    There was also a light pole in the middle of a sidewalk in one of Newcrest districts. More specifically that district that looks much like the one where goth family lives. Producers removed the light pole after they realized the error. :)
    Again, unless you have images, I'll consider this false as well. It is possible to update the world templates without corrupting the save data however it isn't likely that you've received any update to world templates which didn't require creation of a new save.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hello @Forest_Ninja , how are you? In the first place, I would like to say that I am an honest player and I would have nothing to gain by lying. I created this discussion in order to show what I don't like in the game and needs to be improved in my point of view, the same way as many other players also create their own discussions about what they like or not. Obviously, there will always be people who don't give importance to what is being pointed out, but always there will be others who care and share the same idea as me too. And I'm glad that in this discussion there are people who agree and share the same view and feeling as me. :smiley: I'm here because I want a better game, and I'm glad that everyone is involved in the cause, even those who do not share the same idea as me. :blush:

About Newcrest
    Unless you have images, I'm going to consider this to be false.
    There were two small poles on the sidewalk of this district. These small poles were removed after two or three months after Newcrest was released. These images are prints of reviews that were made in June 2015, when newcrest was released. I had to make the images of these videos because as you know, many patches came after, and I didn't do pictures of these small poles at that time. You can look for these videos on YouTube and see for yourself.

<Image Set Removed>

For you see the great finishing that producers do. :D The poles were removed, good! Because They bother me. Hehe

About the hidden and disabled lot
    Again, unless you have images, I'll consider this false as well. It is possible to update the world templates without corrupting the save data however it isn't likely that you've received any update to world templates which didn't require creation of a new save.
    I don't need prove that I am using the same save-game since the day the game was released. Even because, when we click in "save game", the date of the file is changed to the present day. But... I am very happy to say that I remain playing with the same save-game and that to me is a victory considering that in The Sims 3 my saves always corrupted and stopped working. Moreover, my Electronic Arts folder is synchronized with the cloud service "One Drive" since the game was released. For three reasons: 1º prevention, 2ºI was tired of having to start over and over again like I did in The Sims 3 because the game always stopped working, 3º I made a challenge to myself to get to the end of the generation with the same save-game . So I took all the measures that were necessary in order to achieve this. Here is a picture with the registry date of the day that I decided to enter this challange and the last time was modified. Take into consideration that "day" and "month" of the year are reversed in my country.

<Image Set Removed>

Finally, here is the image that I myself did in October 2014, when I was exploring the richest district of Willow Creek with free camera, and found this lot. The lot was not available (I tried to click on it from afar, and nothing happened) and had these objects.

<Image Set Removed>
    This image was first published in the Brazilian Sim Community that I am.

<Image Set Removed>

One day I told a friend of mine about this lot. She was curious, so I opened my game to make some pictures for her, it was then that I realized that the lot was not there. It was quite funny because at first I thought: Where's the lot? Am I in the wrong place? I'm in the same save-game from the beginning, what's wrong? This happened just before Newcrest, so that because of this removal I understand that the producers had the power to change the public area in the world because it was apparently independent of the lots. So I said to the producers about the small poles and Newcrest and the possibility of removing. The fact is that I was never answered on Twitter about about it, but after the poles were removed.
    And I thought exactly the same way as you. I thought, in the technical aspects I knew, it was not possible modifications in save-games already played. But I'm living proof that it is possible.

Well, that's it! You asked for a image of Newcrest, I showed. You asked for the image of the hidden and disabled lot, I showed. Now it's up to you to believe or not if I'm playing the same save-game since the game was released.

I want to end this post by thanking The Sims 4 to be very stable and never have corrupted my save-game. I am an honest player and I would have nothing to gain by lying. I delivered what you have asked me and a little more.

Thanks for sharing these... Removal of objects without destruction of user data is possible so hopefully they can replace the entire neighborhood in the same manner to remove the holes and conceal the unsightly edges! Good luck with that request.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I love this thread :*
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Wait....HOW IS THIS FEEDBACK? DA PLUM
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016

I think one of the points of this discussion is that all of these 'oops' are here in the first place.

EA and Activision share the same quality control personnel, the none existent one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Here's another one that you've missed however it's only visible if you zoom in and scroll...

You can see the moon appear and rise at 7:00 through the holes under one of the bridges in Willow Creek:

Moon_Rise_01.jpg

Moon_Rise_02.jpg

Moon_Rise_03.jpg
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Y'all so petty with this thread
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Y'all ain't wrong tho
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I love the ability of this topic to receive new comments! Haha

Definitely, The Sims Studio NEED to be more careful to small details, especially in the position and height of the objects. Initial worlds not seem even have passed for a review. :neutral:
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    Proxim wrote: »
    Well the Sims can't own cars, what would they need a roads which lead somewhere for?

For realism. I want to feel that the cars are going somewhere. Even though I know it's just a game. But TS4 lacks in this so much. That is another reason I can't play this game because of the Truman Show type world. As mentioned, its not like we're viewing this in free camera mode but it's the regular camera. And it's so obvious that they are using backdrops. I don't like TS4 neighborhood. :s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    And also there isn't a world editor. I'm sure by now, if the was one, someone would've uploaded a "FIX".
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    All of these world issues are annoying and immersion breaking although not TOO immersion breaking when you consider that for most you have to zoom the camera quite some way out.

The issues that annoy me more are the ones such as the missing curb edge next to the Rattlesnake Juice Bar or the floating trash can behind the Oasis Springs park next to the hidden lot entrance, or the missing tram track end in Magnolia Promenade, or the floating rocks in Granite Falls next to an insect spawn area, for example. You know, the ones that can easily be seen in everyday gameplay in areas you ARE intended to go with no need to zoom the camera in special ways at certain angles to see.

The patch that removed the Newcrest posts actually mentioned it in the patch notes btw.

I'll try to collect some picture evidence of my world niggles and share them all here.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?