Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's 114 degrees right now!!!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,910 Member
edited June 2016 in Off Topic Chat
Geebus H. Crush! It's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh I don't like this landlocked state. It's an oven. :(
Need......a.........fan.......+.+ *dead*
Okay, I do have AC but still, it's way too hot.

Comments

• Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Omg. That's HOT! It's never 114 over here omg I have like 80 degrees rn.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Live in the SE? I feel for you.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,265 Member
    Really? It's 43 degrees (Farenheit) here.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Colorado is where it is at. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LemonMorrangLemonMorrang Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    I live in the south and this is the coolest day we had all week (89 degrees)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh wow. That is WAY hotter than our summer here just a few months ago, and this is coming from someone who lives in a tropical island.

Remember to stay hydrated.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2016
    We have weird weather going on. It's either cold so you gotta wear a jacket or it's so hot that we get thunderstorms in the evening cause of the heat during the day.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options

Southwest.

There is an excessive heat warning in effect right now in 3 states: California, Nevada and Arizona. I live in Nevada so yeah. My brother in law keeps our house like an igloo but I'm still hot lol
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    It's 93 with a heat index of 99 right now... which is the coolest it's been in a while now. The rest of the week is looking like 99 with a heat index around 115. We have a "cool front" happening today (YAY).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    The NWS said this is really rare, yet dangerous heat and for people to avoid strenuous activities. I also read that some clueless people in Arizona went hiking and biking in this weather and one ended up passing away from heat exhaustion. Does anyone not take heed to warnings anymore? Those warnings aren't just there for entertainment. We are going to stay in triple digits for at least the next week and a half.

My sister lives near the beach in California and it's only 87 degrees where she's at. She calls to complain to me about how hot it is. I said, you come over here to Nevada and see how hot it is. At least YOU have the beach.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited June 2016
    I don't live in the US, what's that in Celsius?

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, summer in the 40's is pretty normal in my part of the world... that's 40's celsius.
    We also have places where the 50's are not unusual

Drink plenty of water, and don't move around too much, and avoid going outside during daylight hours.
    Cover your windows, and stay in the dark, turn off all non essential electrical things (they tend to produce heat)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ha I had to google the digits myself to get them in celcius.

I think it's a bit different when it's humid and when it's dry heat.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dry heat is the norm for summer in my part of the world.

But today, it's currently a pleasant 11C. And moist out.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, summer in the 40's is pretty normal in my part of the world... that's 40's celsius.

Drink plenty of water, and don't move around too much, and avoid going outside during daylight hours.
    Cover your windows, and stay in the dark, turn off all non essential electrical things (they tend to produce heat)

I pretty much memorized the conversion formula when they taught it in high school. It helps when people are talking in American. Heh.

It came out as 45.5 degrees Celsius to me. For comparison, the highest I've experienced last summer here was around 40 degrees Celsius, 38 being the norm.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Geez I have no right to complain about the heat here then :D. That's really hot. Stay cool over there with your AC.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Southwest.

There is an excessive heat warning in effect right now in 3 states: California, Nevada and Arizona. I live in Nevada so yeah. My brother in law keeps our house like an igloo but I'm still hot lol

Plum!......I meant to say SW.......I'm in the SE. We spent some time in AZ NV and I don't care how dry it is.....it's still too plum hot.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    For those of you outside the US, it was nearly 43 Celsius earlier today where I live. Yes, it's hot but that's what we get for living in a high desert that looks like Lucky Palms or Oasis Springs.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Really? It's 43 degrees (Farenheit) here.

Mine's about 80 degrees fahrenheit right now.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Some of those temperatures are in the 100's in fahrenheit! Wow!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    It's been really hot for June (Southeast US). Normally I like summer much better than winter but it's not even summer yet (or is it today, or tomorrow or Wednesday, oh well THIS WEEK lol). and it's kind of disgusting we're having near 100 temperatures already. however what really is awful is that it will rain just enough the grass needs to be mowed, but then by the time one is free to mow it, it's deathly hot, so you just end up with awful looking yards.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    It was that hot here in my area about 4 years ago. I'm in the Saint Louis area. It's been between the 90-100 range for almost 2 weeks. I remember that summer-it was too hot to breathe outside. o_O Stay cool! :)
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited June 2016
    HOW DO YOU GUYS SURVIVE?!
    The highest it gets in the UK is around 30°C, but I die of heat exhaustion at around 16°C! Seriously, it's freaking horrific! D:

The worst part is that my family is Sicilian, so my bad tolerance to heat literally makes no sense! xD My mum is fine in heat, my dad is fine in heat, my sister is fine in heat, but I'M NOT FINE IN HEAT! :(

Note: I managed to burn in the space of 30 seconds recently from just being outside; I'm literally a vampire, it's the only explanation! xD
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016

That is not in Celsius right? Cause I'm pretty sure the water in your country would be all gone then...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Yep. I live in the middle of the dry desert in Southern California, and it's apparently 117 F (47.2 C) outside. It's been pretty intense these last few days.
  • Options
    I just went out into that hot weather because I wanted to restock on oatmeal and some of these really delicious wasabi and soy sauce almonds and I almost melted between the car and the doors to the store.