Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    ReeldeniseReeldenise Posts: 14 New Member
    So they actually gone work on it today or they didnt know anything about it or what are they trying to say that it is not messed up.
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @whitepawn23 Thank you for your efforts ! Hopefully your call brought it to their attention..
    People -on my friends list at the Sims 3 site are still uploading things to the exchange.. So I don't know.. It is discouraging- for new Sims 3 players...
    Thank you again whitepawn 23...

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I did the "call me back" thing on the Origin support site and asked for an ETA on The Exchange fix. They got confused. Kept telling me to clean my browser cache and try again. I had to repeat myself three times that I'd rebooted and run a CCleaner -- can't really a get a cleaner cache than that unless you wipe the hard drive. That I don't just call unless I've gone through the usual quick fixes.

They put me on hold and when they came back tried to tell me I was having problems, not their store site, again. I explained again, and again asked when they were going to fix the exchange. I tried to give them the forums link, re-explaining "it's not just me" several times.

On hold again. When they came back to discuss cleaning my browser cache again I explained that they had, indeed, fixed the broken white pages for the buyable store items, but not the exchange items. Can I please get an ETA on their fix for the sims 3 exchange.

They put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then they came back, said they didn't know anything about a broken exchange, didn't have an ETA for me (finally actually hearing my words and answering the original question) but would take the time to research what I'd just reported and to please just give them some time.

And yet I feel I accomplished something because in the end they responded, finally, to the words that were actually coming out of my mouth instead of the auditory hallucinations they were apparently experiencing during the call.

I suggest taking the time out. Make the calls. Squeaky wheels really do get the most attention. No one says they have to read these forums, but their phone time involves actual man hours for actual wages.

Problem is, when a guru posted something ealier, I had the impression that it came from EA's hierarchy... After all, this forum is an official form of communications with EA's representatives...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Well, it's 6:00 pm, Eastern time, "The Exchange" is still down, and badges purchased on Friday are still not showing up in my store badges...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    I did the "call me back" thing on the Origin support site and asked for an ETA on The Exchange fix. They got confused. Kept telling me to clean my browser cache and try again. I had to repeat myself three times that I'd rebooted and run a CCleaner -- can't really a get a cleaner cache than that unless you wipe the hard drive. That I don't just call unless I've gone through the usual quick fixes.

They put me on hold and when they came back tried to tell me I was having problems, not their store site, again. I explained again, and again asked when they were going to fix the exchange. I tried to give them the forums link, re-explaining "it's not just me" several times.

On hold again. When they came back to discuss cleaning my browser cache again I explained that they had, indeed, fixed the broken white pages for the buyable store items, but not the exchange items. Can I please get an ETA on their fix for the sims 3 exchange.

They put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then they came back, said they didn't know anything about a broken exchange, didn't have an ETA for me (finally actually hearing my words and answering the original question) but would take the time to research what I'd just reported and to please just give them some time.

And yet I feel I accomplished something because in the end they responded, finally, to the words that were actually coming out of my mouth instead of the auditory hallucinations they were apparently experiencing during the call.

I suggest taking the time out. Make the calls. Squeaky wheels really do get the most attention. No one says they have to read these forums, but their phone time involves actual man hours for actual wages.

Problem is, when a guru posted something ealier, I had the impression that it came from EA's hierarchy... After all, this forum is an official form of communications with EA's representatives...

I don't think they worry too much about the forums they seem to really want to talk to people on Twitter or Facebook.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I don't think they worry too much about the forums they seem to really want to talk to people on Twitter or Facebook.

I tried posting on their Facebook page, but looks like only them can make new posts...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    babay_jbabay_j Posts: 21 New Member
    Pass me a pitchfork and torch...my patience is getting very thin!!! >:)
  • Options
    ReeldeniseReeldenise Posts: 14 New Member
    Has anyone heard anything about if they working on it or not
  • Options
    loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    It is fixed!
  • Options
    loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    It was fixed. Now its back to the same mess!!!!!!!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have been getting the daily uploads to show for an hour or so. As in go to the Exchange - choose to see lots/sims/households for the day/week/month, but the details are still unavailable (blank page). So clicking on an upload I see on my page or from my studio still shows nothing. It can not be reached.
  • Options
    whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    This is new. Getting this error when clicking on some exchange items. Uploads still not working properly either, tried again today.

3PXfSFB.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissadoredlittlemissadored Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello. Is there any idea when the lots downloads might be fixed? After a long time of not playing, I went to download a one, and discovered the exchange just recently broke. :( Bad luck seems to follow me.
  • Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    I just checked the exchange on the German page and it looks like, it is not stuck anymore, it shows the latest uploads.
    But the detailpage still isn't working ! At least, it seemed, they're working on it.
    I'm very thankful to those user, who went through the stony path of calling the support and bothering with employees, who know nothing at all.
    Also those, who use twitter or facebook, to report this issues. My english isn't good enough to do this by myself, there's no google while speaking. ;) And it is no need, to call german support, because they know even less than me. But my torch and my pitfork still standing beside my chair. Happy Day everyone. :)
  • Options
    Fields007Fields007 Posts: 126 Member
    as far as I can tell everything works for me, the only problem is making new topics on the forums
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Fields007 wrote: »
    as far as I can tell everything works for me, the only problem is making new topics on the forums

Really? :o Because I still get empty pages when trying to access anything on the Exchange (no matter which browser I use).
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    KARDASH1988KARDASH1988 Posts: 136 Member
    I love the sims4 I just got all the ep's for my birthday
    oY6RhfG.jpg
  • Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Well, as far as it concerns me, I love the sims3 more than 4 and i would like to play my game properly. Because I buyed most of my ep's by myself. ;) At the moment, I can't even log in ingame. That makes me kind of mad, I can tell you that. Hopefully, it will work later on. :s
  • Options
    Fields007Fields007 Posts: 126 Member
    Heledriel wrote: »
    Fields007 wrote: »

Really? :o Because I still get empty pages when trying to access anything on the Exchange (no matter which browser I use).

I think I spoke to soon, I do get a few random blank pages but going back and then hitting it again usually solves it for me, Im using Firefox so dont know if it makes a lot of difference
  • Options
    xNeinxXxNeinxX Posts: 132 New Member
    sims4 gallery is broken too unless the maxis curated box is checked nothing comes up
  • Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Torch, fork, belt (with heavy metal buckle) and well stocked torture dungeon, please pass them all! we are going to need them.
  • Options
    whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    The reason it's an issue is if the details are unavailable, those of us who do not own every EP and SP don't know if we can use the items. If someone builds a venue around a premium store item, again, unknown.
  • Options
    tashaholz93tashaholz93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Recently bought Dragon Valley Gold for the Sims 3 and I can't access it. Help?
  • Options
    Recently bought Dragon Valley Gold for the Sims 3 and I can't access it. Help?

Well, you're definitely not the only one in your situation... Hopefully, it will be fixed soon...
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @tashaholz93 Ran into a similar issue (bought DV last week, but unable to download it due to Store/Exchange problems). The good news is that I was able to get in this morning and get it downloaded. Store -> My Store Account -> Purchase History and it was there with a nice little "Download" button just waiting to be clicked. Bad news is that I had to get EA Support to put it into my account since I bought it while the Store was borked and it never made it from Checkout to purchased content. Hopefully your experience will be more pleasant.