Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• appaIoosaappaIoosa Posts: 2 New Member
    Sunday - JUN 12/2016: Sims 3 Exchange site not working. Clicking on any item yields a blank screen.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    hasan1991 wrote: »
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Heledriel wrote: »
    The welcome page of the Launcher is just blank and I'm unable to login to the game.

This ^^

I even contacted a live chat rep who went through the process of changing my password, and I still couldn't log in to the launcher. Apparently downloading from your store now requires a launcher login (I don't recall that from before, but maybe it's always been like that), so I can't fix some improperly installed items. The logon problem indicates a problem with logon servers, as well as anything else going on.

i went through the same process they told me to change my password it only works for about 30mins-1hr before i need to change it again

Well, the welcome page is only a compilations of adds, and many of them are TS4's adds.And it does not prevent you to play...

i log into sims 3 on my game aswell so yes it does if i have to keep changing my password. to download stuff i already have

I "own the store", and I do log in the game (to use the online features), but logging in the launcher is optional. You *do not* need to log into the launcher to download stuff, you *do not* need to log into the launcher to log in the game latter, and you *do not* need to log into the launcher at all...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • EubyEuby Posts: 751 Member
    appaIoosa wrote: »
    Sunday - JUN 12/2016: Sims 3 Exchange site not working. Clicking on any item yields a blank screen.

I am also experiencing this same issue.
  • hasan1991hasan1991 Posts: 8 New Member
    Heledriel wrote: »
    The welcome page of the Launcher is just blank and I'm unable to login to the game.

This ^^

I even contacted a live chat rep who went through the process of changing my password, and I still couldn't log in to the launcher. Apparently downloading from your store now requires a launcher login (I don't recall that from before, but maybe it's always been like that), so I can't fix some improperly installed items. The logon problem indicates a problem with logon servers, as well as anything else going on.

i went through the same process they told me to change my password it only works for about 30mins-1hr before i need to change it again

Well, the welcome page is only a compilations of adds, and many of them are TS4's adds.And it does not prevent you to play...

i log into sims 3 on my game aswell so yes it does if i have to keep changing my password. to download stuff i already have

I "own the store", and I do log in the game (to use the online features), but logging in the launcher is optional. You *do not* need to log into the launcher to download stuff, you *do not* need to log into the launcher to log in the game latter, and you *do not* need to log into the launcher at all...
    i didnt say i log into the launcher not me so no need for the do not log in launcher to me thanks your directing that to someone elses quote not me

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited June 2016
    Any one know whats up with the Sims 3 site Exchange?? It is NOT working- Its on page dated 6/10/2016, when one clicks on an item - a blank page comes up...Will It be fixed soon.?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
  • marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Any one know whats up with the Sims 3 site Exchange?? It is NOT working- Its on page dated 6/10/2016, when one clicks on an item - a blank page comes up...Will It be fixed soon.?

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus

That is, indeed, the question of the day/week/month (it's EA, so choose wisely).
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Its the weekend. They do have lives too, you know. It sucks that it broke on a Friday and they werent able to fix it, but I hope they are able to fix it quickly on Monday.
    But if its not fixed by Friday, then I'll be passing out the torches and pitchforks. :):):)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Its the weekend. They do have lives too, you know. It plum that it broke on a Friday and they werent able to fix it, but I hope they are able to fix it quickly on Monday.
    But if its not fixed by Friday, then I'll be passing out the torches and pitchforks. :):):)

I suspect you'll need many torches and pitchforks.
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    Since it's monday and the exchange seems still unavailable I would definitely take some >:)

At least I can log in by now and enjoy the feature of being online again.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Grandma%2BInkbeard.jpg

Hopefully, this issues will not last, until these little ones grew old like me, before be shown in the exchange.
    I'll go and look after our torches and pitchforks, just in case. :) Have a good day.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Still got the "Exchange" protest sign from last time, and I'm not afraid to use it!

For those who weren't around during that event - 7 weeks/ 3 day was how long the Exchange was down! Those were dark times that hopefully aren't being repeated again... :(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • hasan1991hasan1991 Posts: 8 New Member
    i think my log in issue is sorted now need the exchange to work
  • ReeldeniseReeldenise Posts: 14 New Member
    Have this been taken care of I tried to get on my sims game yesterday and it took forver to load tried to go on the exchange to download the house it was a blank page
    Is there abybody working on this issue because my family needs the house that I was trying to upload and it is still showing a blank white screen today
    i think my log in issue is sorted now need the exchange to work

Yes we need the exchange to work I am really upset about it
    Tomorrow is Sunday so I assume another day of no exchange fix :'( I have patterns to upload and a uploaded sim still floating in the netherworld.
    shobiz1 wrote: »
    FYI
    I just looked at the time stamp on my last comment. It wrongly states 1:35PM. Should be 9:35AM.

Strange
    FYI
    I just looked at the time stamp on my last comment. It wrongly states 1:35PM. Should be 9:35AM.

Strange
    FYI

Strange
    FYI

Strange

Are they not working on this its still showing a blank screen so is anybody working on this today
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!
    Reeldenise wrote: »
    Are they not working on this its still showing a blank screen so is anybody working on this today

8:32 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 (PDT)
    Time in California

It is probably two separate teams but the store seems to be working now. And it would be a priority since it is money in their pocket but I'm sure they also understand that if simmers do not have a way to share their wonderful new content it will not be nearly as profitable.

Yes, I would appreciate an update on the Exchange issues but it is only 8:30 AM on Monday morning so I shall remain optimistic for now.

Are they working on it or is it fixed cause its still showing a blank screen when you go into the exchange to download something
    Are they working on this problem
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Are they working on this problem

As i am now getting "Liam" i am pretty sure they are.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    :'( Still nothing.........
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Good Monday Morning Everyone!

8:32 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2016 (PDT)
    Time in California

It is probably two separate teams but the store seems to be working now. And it would be a priority since it is money in their pocket but I'm sure they also understand that if simmers do not have a way to share their wonderful new content it will not be nearly as profitable.

Yes, I would appreciate an update on the Exchange issues but it is only 8:30 AM on Monday morning so I shall remain optimistic for now.

I don't know where the EA Sims 3 team is, or what time zone, but if they are in CA, its only 9:32am here right now. If they just got in at 9am, please continue to be patient. While we're hoping it wont take 7 weeks again, its still only been one business day.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I hope it dont either
  • whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2016
    I did the "call me back" thing on the Origin support site and asked for an ETA on The Exchange fix. They got confused. Kept telling me to clean my browser cache and try again. I had to repeat myself three times that I'd rebooted and run a CCleaner -- can't really a get a cleaner cache than that unless you wipe the hard drive. That I don't just call unless I've gone through the usual quick fixes.

They put me on hold and when they came back tried to tell me I was having problems, not their store site, again. I explained again, and again asked when they were going to fix the exchange. I tried to give them the forums link, re-explaining "it's not just me" several times.

On hold again. When they came back to discuss cleaning my browser cache again I explained that they had, indeed, fixed the broken white pages for the buyable store items, but not the exchange items. Can I please get an ETA on their fix for the sims 3 exchange.

They put me on hold for 10 minutes. Then they came back, said they didn't know anything about a broken exchange, didn't have an ETA for me (finally actually hearing my words and answering the original question) but would take the time to research what I'd just reported and to please just give them some time.

And yet I feel I accomplished something because in the end they responded, finally, to the words that were actually coming out of my mouth instead of the auditory hallucinations they were apparently experiencing during the call.

I suggest taking the time out. Make the calls. Squeaky wheels really do get the most attention. No one says they have to read these forums, but their phone time involves actual man hours for actual wages.