Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Oh No- My Daughters Birthday is the 16th, we planned on Getting her Dining out for Sims 4 and Movie stuff for Sims 3- I hope we don't have a problem with this..
    Also on another note, I myself work in CAW ( Create a world) and Right now am in the middle of working - finishing up a new custom world- I hope by the time its done that the exchange is fixed.
    I hope it gets fixed soon... this is horrible- it spreads rumors of a closing of The Sims 3 site, people get upset of this rumor...
  • eliyeahyuheliyeahyuh Posts: 38 Member
    I thought they were done with The Sims
  • eliyeahyuheliyeahyuh Posts: 38 Member
    3 after Sims 4 came out...my badd..xD
  • loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    :'( Still no details pages...... Please fix the Exchange. Alot of us has invested quite a bit of money on your products and this was our way of sharing our creations and downloading others to enhance our game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I really would like to be able to upload and share my Pride-themed nightclub on the Exchange while it is still timely. Any update on a fix?
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Screenshot-13.jpg

".. and one day, the Sims were without wariness,
    then EA made a maintenance -
    and from millions of innocent Sims in Simlandia nothing was left
    but blank pages."

"Oh, Honey - will You stop it, I can't sleep all night!"

So sad, but so true. :(
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Hi LieseMietze, your post made me laugh so much, so here it's another story your sim can tell:
    "Once upon a time there was a big shark living deep down in the sea.. near Island Paradise. It's name was EA.. it was big!.. it was greedy, and it grew fat!. It ate many sims and so it upset many simmers so they tried to catch big, fat, shark...with torches, pitchforks and a rickety boat.
    But oh.. Shark was fast! And so to this day, big Shark still running (or swimming) and causing big problems wherever it's... maintaining its fins!!!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@simgurudrake When you get to work today could you check in with the 'maintenance' (if it ain't broke, go ahead and break it) dept that messed up the Sims 3 exchange again, and find out how high on the priority list it is on being fixed? Maybe they could assign it to the dude or dudette that finally fixed it last time?
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @simgurudrake When you get to work today could you check in with the 'maintenance' (if it ain't broke, go ahead and break it) dept that messed up the Sims 3 exchange again, and find out how high on the priority list it is on being fixed? Maybe they could assign it to the dude or dudette that finally fixed it last time?

If that dude or dudette is still working for them.. we are assuming they want to fix it, do they?
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member

It was the 9th when they were "finished" with the Exchange's maintenance (according to @SimGuruDrake 's 2nd post), but The Exchange is still down. When ever they do "maintenance" they break instead of fix, so when you see notices about Exchange "maintenance" in the future, you can expect the Exchange to be busted (bare-bones minimum) of a week but most likely it's going to be longer. Hopefully, not 7 wk/3 days like last time! :scream: Tomorrow will be a week, so they still have time... before I get The Knights Who Say " N i ! " involved!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »
    EA at work:

2uo16km.jpg

Lol it's moments like this that make me not envy their jobs :P
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • nightlitenightlite Posts: 2 New Member

The sims 3 exchange is still blank, I cant download anything :(
  • ReeldeniseReeldenise Posts: 14 New Member
    Does anybody know if they are working on it
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Reeldenise wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they are working on it

I suspect everyone knows just as much as you do until a SimGuru finally responds with some more info.
  • ReeldeniseReeldenise Posts: 14 New Member
    I wish they would fix it
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's got the feeling of them closing it down.... :(
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

image.png
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    I really hope not, since I only just discovered the exchange a couple of weeks ago... If it wasn't for wanting to build and share, I probably never would have made my forum account, and would still be lurking! O.o Surely if they were shutting it down, they would at least give us some notice so we could get what we wanted off of there first.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    No one is shutting anything down. Never mistake incompetence for downright being mean (on EA's part that is).

This is how rumors, widespread panic, and riots begin. @Rflong7 is being very naughty. >:)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    This is how rumors, widespread panic, and riots begin.

Real life riots and widespeard panic for The Sims 3? My, my, my... That would sure put some pressure to get that x64 version!!! >:)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2016
    Well it is the 15th of June 2016 4:20 Eastern Time..Am still getting nothing but blank exchange pages,and still cannot type on the forums without forced emoticons typing themself after each word.Which is seriously frustrating :#

Also I am making a sunflower bikini from the Dead or Alive 5 game that Honoka wears and I want to share it. :'( Think of all the poor sims going to the beach in Sunset Valley that need to look fabulous and are stuck looking busted.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @CravenLestat Is that why you have been so quiet lately?
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Screenshot-285_zps2nawzjip.jpg
    Dark Blair finds that unacceptable!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2016
    @igazor wrote: »
    No one is shutting anything down. Never mistake incompetence for downright being mean (on EA's part I mean).

This is how rumors, widespread panic, and riots begin. @Rflong7 is being very naughty. >:)

Naw-ty.... :lol:

It will be closed down one day. I remember when their incompetence caused TS2 Exchange to accept nothing higher than Base Game uploads... That wasn't long after the last pack was released. They said they were "working on it" for years. Then in two years after the last pack released, iirc which is kinda vague now, the site was closed and hidden. :(

*And Hey, If I say I feel rain and someone runs off saying the Sky is falling, well, I'm just enjoying the rain. :open_mouth:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Well it is the 15th of June 2016 4:20 Eastern Time..Am still getting nothing but blank exchange pages,and still cannot type on the forums without forced emoticons typing themself after each word.Which is seriously frustrating :#

Geez, I was beginning to think it was just me and I had done something stupid to make those annoying emoticons follow me around! I think you are safe as long as you don't try to use one.