Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

It's the last chapter of the first rotation! Next time, we'll be with the Pancakeses, and we'll finally meet the last household. Pruett fans will freak out when they find out who it is! Anyway, today, meet Shea Aldrich: Lester's dream girl. Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/joneses-1-6-please/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member

I apologize for being so out of touch, folks, but I've literally had zero time for posting.

Inheritance: Chapter 8, Part 1

The family truth-teller speaks.

Straws
    img_5102.jpg
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Good morning!

It's the last chapter of the first rotation! Next time, we'll be with the Pancakeses, and we'll finally meet the last household. Pruett fans will freak out when they find out who it is! Anyway, today, meet Shea Aldrich: Lester's dream girl. Enjoy.

I love the Pancakes .. my hubs and I always tease that they are patterned after us ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I love the Pancakes .. my hubs and I always tease that they are patterned after us ..

HA! That’s cute. Are you like Eliza?
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli Ah, yes. I do agree with you there. Though when I wrote that, I wasn't even considering the possibility of an info dump. I was thinking more along the lines of letter/journal VS narration VS narrator interacting with the character. I wasn't really thinking about exactly how deep it went after that...
    @lisabee2 congratulations! ^-^
    @PmlTry welcome back. ^-^
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    All of Thunupa and Samia's children are now Teens and I have decided on my heir: Khuriban! He turned out so, so well in my eyes and I gave him sort of a professor type look since he wants to be a Freelance Botanist and will need to do a lot of studying. First, here is his twin sister Neaera: Teen%20Nearera_zps5b9naorq.png

Here is Khuriban: YA%20Khuriban_zpspndp6c43.png

His younger sister Herse: Teen%20Herse_zps26xudebe.png

And here is the baby of the family, a now Teenage Hayk: Teen%20Hayk_zpsozn9lmqp.png

All of the kids turned out quite well so I have high hopes for Khuriban's future children! He is set to marry a CAS Sim I will name Cerridwen, pronounced "Kredge-wen", a Celtic goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and transformation. I hope they have many gorgeous children to make the Nolan name proud!
  • Options
    THE PRUETTS ARE BACK!!! In “3D!” :D

http://www.jes2gstories.com/a-dream-deferred/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    @DreamsInPixels called today’s chapter an alternate universe epilogue. That’s exactly what this is! lol, I’m not that smart in the mornings. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited June 2016
    @DreamsInPixels called today’s chapter an alternate universe epilogue. That’s exactly what this is! lol, I’m not that smart in the mornings. :p

It's because your brain isn't awake yet ;) Mine hasn't gone to sleep for the night yet...
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    My sim, Buddy has time off due to adopting the Saturday before. I am making sure he spends time with Eve and the pets.
  • Options

It's because your brain isn't awake yet ;) Mine hasn't gone to sleep for the night yet...

That too! lol
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    My sim, Buddy has time off due to adopting the Saturday before. I am making sure he spends time with Eve and the pets.
    msbeckycat wrote: »

Happy vacation, Buddy! :p And congrats on the adoption.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Thanks @Jes2G
  • Options
    Good morning!

Skyla is on a roll today. First, she rolls out her plan to get a large lump sum of cash, then she averts a crisis with Maya. She's a super mom! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-just-one/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Take a "trip" into the imaginings of these dear little princesses as they fly away to a magical place ... ty Simoniona for the incredible build .. it is fantastic (gallery info on lot at the end of the story)!

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/snow-and-prince-redux-8-1-hogwarts-adventures-for-princesses/

[img][/img]04-05-16_9-45-49nbspPM_zpssenkshmh.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Good afternoon!

Here is the last 3D chapter for a week. Jonathan gives some hints about what the restaurant will be called and what it will look like! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/3d-were-really-doing-this/

We’re back with the Pancakes household next week in Keeping Up With the Joneses!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    Hi. I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I've been busy and had some trouble with my Sims 3 game (accidently uploaded a bad cc meaning I have to reinstall all mods again after a game reinstall) so I instead worked on my new Sims 4 story The Last 100 Years. I have all screens ready and am working on the second draft.

I hope you all are well. I'll share some of my preview screens and links.

tumblr_o8mawcqYY81vn7ylco1_540.png
    tumblr_o8mawcqYY81vn7ylco2_540.pngtumblr_o8mawcqYY81vn7ylco3_540.pngtumblr_o8mawcqYY81vn7ylco5_540.pngtumblr_o8mawcqYY81vn7ylco6_540.png

The prologue involves the Great Aunt telling Leanna (who is the legacy founder) the legend of their ancestor in an effort to prepare her for her responsibility in the future but her parents are not too pleased and she only comes away thinking its a legend. The Han bak shots are showing the story of their ancestor imprisoning the Kumiho as its told.

More previews are in these links below.

Preview pics 1
    Preview pics 2
    Preview synopsis
    I hope you all are well.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys,
    Hope you're all well :) I've been throwing myself into this new story "Until It Breaks" lately and it's a lot of fun to write. I just published the first chapter and I am so excited! I feel a bit bad for putting my other story on hiatus for it, but the creative juices are calling for this one to be written. I've also been wondering about my neighborhood rotation and whether I should end it. But it's game-driven and very casual I am not actually sure if there's a good "ending"

Question Time: How do you end game-driven stories? Do you just ... stop?

@JLBDreamer wow those screenies lookg amazing :) sorry to hear about your TS3 troubles :/ bad cc can be a pain. I'm so glad there aren't many cases for sims 4 cc (yet).
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Hope you're all well :) I've been throwing myself into this new story "Until It Breaks" lately and it's a lot of fun to write. I just published the first chapter and I am so excited! I feel a bit bad for putting my other story on hiatus for it, but the creative juices are calling for this one to be written. I've also been wondering about my neighborhood rotation and whether I should end it. But it's game-driven and very casual I am not actually sure if there's a good "ending"

@JLBDreamer wow those screenies lookg amazing :) sorry to hear about your TS3 troubles :/ bad cc can be a pain. I'm so glad there aren't many cases for sims 4 cc (yet).

@Julyvee94 Looking forward to being in on the ground floor of a story :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Tragic happenings for my sweet little family :(

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/06/11/snow-and-prince-redux-9-death-of-the-king/

[img][/img]04-02-16_9-45-06nbspPM_zpstscrfkwn.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Hey guys,

@lisabee2 what do you mean by that? :D sorry, I'm not a native speaker I have to admit I don't get it xD
  • Options
    Hey guys,

@lisabee2 what do you mean by that? :D sorry, I'm not a native speaker I have to admit I don't get it xD

@Julyvee94 That I get to begin with you on a story and not catch up .. it is much harder to catch up :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey guys,

I’m a perfectionist, so I can’t just stop stories like that. In the back of my mind, I have endings for all my game-driven stories, and I can invoke them at any time. I think the only story that could actually work if I just stopped is The Wonder Kingdom because that story is simply random moments in that family’s lives, and it’s driven by whims. But, I definitely have an ending in mind for Keeping Up With the Joneses. *spoiler alert* Basically I’m going to push a certain character so hard all she can do is move out of the neighborhood. The story can’t really exist without her, so it will have to be the end. So, for yours, I suppose just think about your neighbors and see if there is a way you can wrap their stories up. It’ll take several chapters to do, clearly, but there’s probably a way to tie up lose ends. Or, maybe they start to move away too? I dunno.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hey guys! thank you all for the welcome back! i've just had a scoot through the few pages I just missed!

@FayeShinomori Your sims are really good looking!! Especially Neaera, i love the makeup you used on her :)

@ValoisFulcanelli your builds are amazing as usual :open_mouth: and Valois' parents are seriously hot *heart eyes* i'm so jealous of your simming skills haha

@ashleymeganwhoa Hi! Welcome to the forums :3 I see that you already got a lot of advice about writing romance and stuff, and I don't have too much to add because i think it's all been said! Basically don't rush - the longer you drag it out the better, honestly it keeps readers wanting them to be together. Add obstacles in there, maybe reasons why they can't/shouldn't be together at first, i find that always works well, or writing just from one characters perspective who is completely clueless about how the other one feels - draw from real life experience! Think about a time when you felt unsure about someone's feelings & just project that onto your character :)

@Average_simmer Hello! welcome to the forums :)

@xMike_Bx I started reading your story about a week ago & i'm still catching up, but i just wanted to say that i LOVE the way you write - it's so descriptive & suspenseful - you really captured all that creepy stuff well, must remember to get back over to your blog & read some more :3

@everyone So i've been getting back into my game big time - I've built so many lots over the last week or so (some of which i'm only using for like 3 screenshots in my story D:) I built this Route 66 style gas station the other day

21b9mit.jpg

I wish I had more CC to make it more ~Authentic~ but i was pretty happy with how it turned out nonetheless. in the story it's situated in Winslow Arizona and it was supposed to be a really isolated-middle-of-the-mojave place where not a lot of people go, but lo and behold, in the spirit of sims 3 about half of all the sims in Lucky Palms decided to show up to say hi. *Facepalm*

ofo6mg.jpg

Then they all started running across my shots so I had to put them all into a dark little room behind the gas station without a door. (I think they're still in there :S)

ANYWAY, I've got two updates - chapter eleven and chapter twelve, if you haven't already seen them on my Simblr or you don't follow my blog :)

Eleven

Twelve

s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @hellohannah2 Thank you! Valois loves his mum and dad, and I think I do, too. I'm firmly resisting the desire to write their backstory right now :mrgreen:

LOVE that gas station! Fast Lane is such an underrated stuff pack, I think. Every time I've wanted to build a garage or something like that, Fast Lane contains pretty much everything I need. I just usually add a couple of CC pinup calendars if it's a mechanics' garage - heh!

As to your extraneous Sim issue, do you use any NRaas mods? Register has (among others) settings to disallow tourists as well as all wild animals (by type, so if you still want horses or raccoons, etc., you can have them). I pretty much have a specific routine for setting up my mods now, whenever I start a new game save. It runs roughly thus:
    • Master Controller - load my usual compressed CAS settings, to save load time when in CAS
    • Register - disable all tourists and all wild animals, disallow immigration
    • Overwatch - disable nightly notifications
    • Traffic - disable food truck and ice cream van (unless I'm playing a legacy save where kids might want ice cream) and also bring the traffic delta way down (to decrease the amount of 'fake taxis' running around the world)
    Once that's done (and it takes me about two minutes) I save the game, exit out of it (sometimes I've found that wild animals will continue to spawn until you save and restart) and then I'm ready to play, with no spawning tourists or animals. It might be worth looking into that mod, since you're playing in the middle of nowhere and don't want lots of Sims showing up out of the blue.
    tfb.jpg