Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hungry? Wave at the Sky!

Comments

• Options
    mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    snurfles wrote: »
    My first real memory of Sims 1 was not knowing Betty Newbie had no cooking skill and sending her to the stove to make lunch. She died in a fire and Bob cried for days! I felt kinda bad for him.

This is by far the best thing I've read all day!! Haha!!

• Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I do miss the reactions of the sims 1 and 2. First of all when they would run around reacting to a new item. The dramatic "uh uhh" when you bought them a cheap item lol. I'd be like i know girl but thats all we can afford until you get that promotion. The thing about sims 1 and 2 was they acted like you were there and they knew you were controlling them. They would should and scream at you if they were hungry, they would get so mad if you woke them up to early etc.

I don't know if anyone remembers how popular user written stories were in the sims 2 generation. Especially people writing and following their legacy challenges. Maybe I was just young and easily impressed but I remember some genuinely funny and talented writing. I remember reading some legacy challenges where the author and the sim would have conversations with each other. The sim was always so bitter about having to be a legacy founder. They were hilarious. I also remember reading a fantastic story based of the sims 2 pleasant view story line. I remember it was fantastic. All the pleasantview sims were in it. I can't remember the guys name or what his series was called just that he was British. I'd love to find that again. There was something about sims 2 that really inspired people to write some fantastic stories, that was never really recaptured with the sims 3 and 4.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I do miss the reactions of the sims 1 and 2. First of all when they would run around reacting to a new item. The dramatic "uh uhh" when you bought them a cheap item lol. I'd be like i know girl but thats all we can afford until you get that promotion. The thing about sims 1 and 2 was they acted like you were there and they knew you were controlling them. They would should and scream at you if they were hungry, they would get so mad if you woke them up to early etc.

I don't know if anyone remembers how popular user written stories were in the sims 2 generation. Especially people writing and following their legacy challenges. Maybe I was just young and easily impressed but I remember some genuinely funny and talented writing. I remember reading some legacy challenges where the author and the sim would have conversations with each other. The sim was always so bitter about having to be a legacy founder. They were hilarious. I also remember reading a fantastic story based of the sims 2 pleasant view story line. I remember it was fantastic. All the pleasantview sims were in it. I can't remember the guys name or what his series was called just that he was British. I'd love to find that again. There was something about sims 2 that really inspired people to write some fantastic stories, that was never really recaptured with the sims 3 and 4.

I completely agree! I write a lot of sim stories and I do find it easier to do for the Sims 2.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Aww I love it in my sims 2 game when my sim keeps waving at me because some of her needs are low. It didn't have the emotion system but their faces showed exactly what they were feeling! Also, remember angry exes in sims 2 who would walk past your house and kick over your dustbin?

It is indeed quite some nostalgia seeing that screenshot from the first game. Oh the memories!
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Step 1 - make gnomes. Step 3 - profit.

Another good way to profit, was to buy a fireworks stand, launch a firework but pause it before it got of the screen and then grab it in buy mode and sell it for a fortune.

raw
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »
    Aww I love it in my sims 2 game when my sim keeps waving at me because some of her needs are low. It didn't have the emotion system but their faces showed exactly what they were feeling! Also, remember angry exes in sims 2 who would walk past your house and kick over your dustbin?

It is indeed quite some nostalgia seeing that screenshot from the first game. Oh the memories!
    LOVE that in Sims 2! It was always so funny. I wish we could have some of those quirky little touches in ts4.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Step 1 - make gnomes. Step 3 - profit.

Step 4 - Unemployment
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I can honestly say, with-ought a doubt in my mind, that the sims 1 is the reason that I love bright ugly colourful things.

I still rember when unleashed came out and i got my first dog on it. Then later When makin magic cam out I turned that same dog into a human and REGRETTED IT SO MUCH.

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    As much as I loved The Sims as a kid, I would never want to go back to a system without wishes/whims and traits. Helping my Sims fulfill their goals has been my favorite thing to do since TS2.

I will say, however, that the music from the first game is the best, hands down.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Does anyone remember the drama major professors in TS2 university? If you woohoo'd with them they would STALK you! And it was only the drama professors who would do this.

They'd show up to your home at all hours, community lots, try to talk to you, and get so jealous when you'd "moved on". It was a fun touch
  • Options
    Rubidium91Rubidium91 Posts: 33 Member
    One thing I really miss in this game is Wants and Fears - I mean yes I know we have whims/wishes, but I liked the idea of having things in your (Sim) life you wouldn't want to happen or try to avoid. Nowadays it seems like its all just a thumbs-up-win sort of game, as you can only gain happiness points, not lose them due to negative life events; witnessing a death of a loved one etc. Am I the only one who misses these? :3
  • Options
    mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the drama major professors in TS2 university? If you woohoo'd with them they would STALK you! And it was only the drama professors who would do this.

They'd show up to your home at all hours, community lots, try to talk to you, and get so jealous when you'd "moved on". It was a fun touch

I never seen this and now I want to go back and play!!! Darnit!! Now that's TS1 and TS2 I need to find, and install haha!!

Loving all these memories guys <3
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Not from hunger, but a while ago when I was tired I found myself randomly waving at the bathroom ceiling saying "shoo flee?!"
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    mattytude wrote: »
    Now, I know the Sims is becoming more and more about "realism" in some regards (sans Aliens etc haha). The Sims 4 focusses on Emotions "for the first time ever" but today I found myself thinking with a lot of love for my old Sims. The Sims who used to wave at the sky when they were hungry. The ones who used to scream at a plate for 10 minutes because they couldn't get passed. What might now be considered a bug, was played on with humour and imagination.

Personally, I don't find TS4 as humorous as others in the series, but as I forever remind people on here, it's a different game and should be treated as such! I'd love to go back to play The Sims 1 for a while!

So a bit of nostalgia here - what other great memories do you have from "Back in the day"? Perhaps carpooling to your job as a getaway driver? Or getting fined for calling the fire brigade on a fire that went out before they got there?

It's memory time folks! :D:D

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh I remember this house... This was the first time I ever encountered a Tragic Clown and he became a part of this family. Also I loved the vibrating bed because it was the only place for Sims to get kids... Such nostalgia! I wish there were more expansion packs for The Sims 1 like a go to work one, university one or an apartment one.

I also wish for an orthogonal mode for The Sims 4, just because of the nostalgia of The Sims 1...

I had many nightmares as a child over those floor patterns.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    First things first - @SimonSimpson: excellent South Park reference!

The Sims was an awesome game for its time, I remember a lot things about it fondly. But the modding community really made it great for me. I especially remember the Servo mods. I had the proper maid/butler but also a naughty version (they were clothed, just not fully), it was great fun.

What was really messed up back then though was this "publisher" who grabbed all the cc and mods they could get off the net and sold it as a pseudo expansion called "That's Life". LGR has a great "review" on it. Just realized you can still get copies on Amazon, that's rude!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Now, I know the Sims is becoming more and more about "realism" in some regards (sans Aliens etc haha). The Sims 4 focusses on Emotions "for the first time ever" but today I found myself thinking with a lot of love for my old Sims. The Sims who used to wave at the sky when they were hungry. The ones who used to scream at a plate for 10 minutes because they couldn't get passed. What might now be considered a bug, was played on with humour and imagination.

Personally, I don't find TS4 as humorous as others in the series, but as I forever remind people on here, it's a different game and should be treated as such! I'd love to go back to play The Sims 1 for a while!

So a bit of nostalgia here - what other great memories do you have from "Back in the day"? Perhaps carpooling to your job as a getaway driver? Or getting fined for calling the fire brigade on a fire that went out before they got there?

Oh man, that game used to make me so happy as a kid and teen. I would rush home to play it after school. Weekends were my fav because I had no school the next day so I could stay up late playing Sims 1 and Barbie horse adventures hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @mattytude OMG, seeing that UI brings back so many memories!! Love this thread...as it is Throwback Thursday.
    I can barely remember TS1 to be honest. But I will say cooking and starting a fire some of the best laughter. In TS2, the attraction/jealousy system was on point. When a Sim cheated and you heard that music...it was only a matter of time that the Sim would stomp his foot, double smack the Sim and if the other Sim was angry enough, he'd slap back. Also, as a werewolf, the 'savage' interaction. It made the Sim jump into a fight and beat up the other Sim, but also the Sim got bit & would be a werewolf. Great memories! :smile:
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited June 2016
    I miss the music and a lot of other things
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    All the music in the sims 1. I love it!

Remember the creepy music that played when the burglar went on the lot? The sims 1 is brilliant, even now.

I love that in the sims 2, if you were in a date and there was another sim hitting on your sim you could buy them off to leave your sim alone. Not to mention people could leave you a flaming bag of poo on your door, I laughed so hard the first time I seen it!
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

maxresdefault.jpg

Those floor patterns are on fleek!!! <3<3<3

the mashuga family! =p
    loved the crazy patterns in the sims 1. i think all the games are different. as i've played the sims 4 more, i've been able to find humor in the different things i have my sims do. i always feel nostalgic for sims 1 & 2 tho. even 3 now.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    All the music in the sims 1. I love it!

Remember the creepy music that played when the burglar went on the lot? The sims 1 is brilliant, even now.

I love that in the sims 2, if you were in a date and there was another sim hitting on your sim you could buy them off to leave your sim alone. Not to mention people could leave you a flaming bag of poo on your door, I laughed so hard the first time I seen it!

That music!! I was 10 years old when I first played the sims and I always had to pause the game when that music started! My heart just started beating insanely fast when the burglar "visited" the lot :lol:

Oh how I miss those quirks that made our sims...sims :smile:
  • Options
    NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    I love The Sims 1, and I've been playing it since I was 8 years old. And if anyone here needs that nostalgia fix, I've got the ticket. On my YouTube account, I make a lot of Sims 1 videos as I want to archive as much as I can of the game. Username is SariaFan93.
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • Options
    RaphaelSimsFanRaphaelSimsFan Posts: 2 New Member

Being able to have a succesful career as a hacker without owning a single computer at home. :p
  • Options
    GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Miss Crumplebottom squawking at seemingly nothing in the downtown, shaking her fists at the air, haha! Or yelling at people flirting with each other or kissing downtown. I died laughing every time she participated in some kind of downtown activity, like dancing to DJ Z-Buffer or reading a book.

My favorite game of all time. :smile:
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I really miss Makin Magic and Superstar EPs. They were great!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!