Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hungry? Wave at the Sky!

13...Next

Comments

• AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I remember that for some reason, the Grim Reaper in the sims 1 really scared me. I think it was the sounds he made when he was reaping a Sim. And the death music that played right after a sim died was kind of creepy as well. I wasn't fond of the burglar music either. Anyone remember the racoon from Unleashed? The same music would play when he came. I used the moveobjects on cheat to delete him just because I hated the music. Unfortunately, it freaked me out even more because the game would still program him to come, but he wouldn't appear. The music still played though.

I also loved the way sims laughed when the played on the computer. It was also funny when they tried to fix the computer because the screen would be smashed, but they would type on the keyboard! lol.

When you woke sims up before their energy need was full, they'd do a mad dance, and that made them miss the carpool a couple of times and my sim ended up getting fired. I HATED that mad dance, but now that I'm an adult, I understand why they do it!
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love the quirky, retro nature of The Sims 1. I have an old XP Gateway computer that I keep around just for Sims 1. I love some of the floor patterns. There is this kind of blue diamond pattern, probably from Makin’ Magic, that I always have to have in one of the kitchens or a witch’s den. I am also a fan of the parquet floor.

@ts1depot, that was Claire the Bear. She would get into your honey, be happy to see a bear statue, and cry at the sight of a bearskin rug.

@SuperCoolRachael, I love the music from Sims 1. I have the soundtrack on my iTunes. “BosSim Nova” always makes me smile when it comes on shuffle -- the Neighborhood songs, too. I’ve started a Volume 2 with a copy of “Yea Yai Yo” that I copied off the game, even though it is of low quality. I can’t understand why that never made it on to one of the soundtracks. I’m going to have to get some of the jazz music on there, too.

While we didn’t have the face molding capabilities of Sims 3 then, some of the heads were great and gave me ideas for some interesting new characters, or made me rethink what some of my characters should look like. I made my Todd Rundgren-like character by removing the beard off the head with the long blonde hair and coloring the hair black. His bass playing best friend was achieved with a similar blonde head. I have a character that is supposed to be a descendant or reincarnation of Xena Warrior Princess, but I used the head with the beauty mark and beehive hairdo. Once I got used to the idea of having a simself, I made it by using a brown skinned pageboy head -- one similar to the Bella one -- and changing the features slightly.

An early version of my Todd sim, using the hipster head and Mortimer’s suit, met a premature end from lighting a fireplace. (The body is gone, but the spirit remains.)

My Darren and Samantha-like couple threw parties where Drew Carey would show up. And one couple had a commitment ceremony and party that lasted late into the night. The police showed up and fined them for too much noise.

I made a beautiful castle for one family, but it was just too large for the sims to navigate and the bills were too high.

I made a Downtown that I love with a bookstore with a rooftop telescope, a restaurant, a park where concerts are held, and a club. In Old Town I have a bar and grill, a club, a park, and a yoga studio -- not that any yoga classes have ever been held there, but you can see the setup when Sims go through to use the restroom.

Edited with a paragraph return.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    OP -Sounds like manna from heaven scenario. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I also remember it was so hard to take care of babies in that game. Bob and Betty Newbie had a baby and no matter what I did, the social worker would always take the baby away. Once I made my granddad and my step-grandmother and they came over to my house (In the Sim's) and the social worker took their baby away while they were there. The funny part is my step-grandmother used to be a social worker in real life! I joked that the other social worker only came for back-up!