Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Boy, what a day.

What a week actually. Rain, rain, rain, and this afternoon we got the worst of it. The sirens were going off. Now, me, I admit, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to this sort of thing. I can't hide my fear very well. Yes, even at my age, storms still scare me. So, that's been my whole day, hiding in the basement. Luckily, the tornado itself actually passed us by.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I find out the Pittsburg Penguins are moving on to the Stanley Cup finals. :tongue: Okay, so you really can't compare the two, but it's still a disaster to me. Not only is my favorite team out of the running, their biggest rivals now have a shot for the Holy Grail of the hockey world.
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @thesealofthesims we have been hearing of the national weather woes .. that sounds awful!! Being a bit of a sportty nut myself (football) I can understand the correlation .. disaster can be relative (or for some of us A relative)!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    LOL TY @SilentWolf101 that little sour 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is my daughter's pup Ringo .. and it captures his sunny disposition for sure!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning! Happy F.I.S.H. Friday to ya! If you thought last week was explosive, you’ll not want to miss this week’s chapter. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/2-13-fishy-fishy-fishy/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Boy, what a day.

What a week actually. Rain, rain, rain, and this afternoon we got the worst of it. The sirens were going off. Now, me, I admit, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to this sort of thing. I can't hide my fear very well. Yes, even at my age, storms still scare me. So, that's been my whole day, hiding in the basement. Luckily, the tornado itself actually passed us by.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I find out the Pittsburg Penguins are moving on to the Stanley Cup finals. :tongue: Okay, so you really can't compare the two, but it's still a disaster to me. Not only is my favorite team out of the running, their biggest rivals now have a shot for the Holy Grail of the hockey world.

Tornado?! I think most people would be afraid of that!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @thesealofthesims I think it's pretty reasonable to be afraid of tornadoes. At least a little bit. Anyway, I'm glad it passed you by and I hope it didn't do much damage anywhere else either. I hope the rest of your week will get better. :)

Also @everyone:
    Hello lovely people! Here's the newest chapter to The Chrysanthemum Tango!

Chapter 12: Emily
    6YstHgD.jpg

Tad rescues someone for the first time, at least according to his own words. And rescues mean bonds to new people. It’s more than enough to make an unprepared being feel a bit tangled.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ashleymeganwhoaashleymeganwhoa Posts: 26 New Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashley, just started commenting in the forums today. I am a stay at home mom with my 3 year old son, and I like to tell him stories of the Sims while I play it. We have a lot of fun doing this together!

I currently have a household of two roommates who are best friends (I'm playing on a long lifespan in this one), and essentially, my overall plan has been to have them slowly build up their feelings for each other, but not act on it because they both think they are just friends. I am a hopeless romantic, I know! Ha! Eventually, I really want them to end up together. One of them currently has a girlfriend, and the other one is solely focused on their career for now. I'm starting to get impatient and just want them to end up together, but I know a good story doesn't happen in just one day. (This is not the story I play for my son, I play a different story each time for him, typically about friendship, and putting an effort in to achieve your goal).

I'm curious (and forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask) if anyone has any feedback as to what would make this story more interesting so I'm not getting impatient, and just making the story end. I really want this household to have money saved up so that when Dine Out comes out they can afford a restaurant together, and that's the point I want them to end up together. I play daily though, so the wait is driving me crazy!
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @ashleymeganwhoa Hello! ^-^ Welcome to the forums! If you need any help on the forums, I've created a bit of a guide to help all newcommers through it. ^-^ Helpful Guides For You. Hopefully it can come of some use to you! ^-^ As for the story, there's not much help I can give as I tend to rush into things. However, I like to focus on the tiny details, such as when they hold hands, the time they sat together watching the stars and their hands brush together, or something like that. The cute things that happen, and then they pull away awkwardly. It's so cute to me. ^-^

Also, if you ever consider writing out any of your sims stories, then perhaps this could help you. ^-^ A Quick Guide To Simlit.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ashleymeganwhoa Welcome to the forums! I can't give you much advice because I consider myself horrible at writing romance. The only thing I can say is that I like the idea of slowly building their relationship. It would maybe be a good idea to focus on their friendship first and then add romantic tension when it feels natural. The tension could at first be something they themselves don't even notice. And of course you could think of the side characters and side plots and what kind of plot/drama/character development they could bring into the story.

So yeah, I don't have much advice, but I mostly just wanted to welcome you here! I wish you a lot of inspiration and happy writing and other times.

Also I love the fact that you tell your son stories while playing the Sims. That sounds awesome!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Well, I finally get a minute to reply. Besides the fact of my computer being mostly off because of the storms, yesterday I rented Star Fox Zero. $7.99 for five days. It only took one to convince me this game sucks with the stupid motion controls being required to aim my laser. It makes the final boss way harder than he needs to be. But I have until Tuesday to crack that ape (for those of you unfamiliar with Star Fox, the final boss is actually a giant ape). But anyway, here's some replies that are overdue.

@FayeShinomori: I never did a lot of reading into Hindu mythology, although I have an aunt who is a Hindu. I know some of their gods and goddesses, but not much. Still, it sounds interesting. Greek and Norse mythology have interested me lately, but I'm also developing an interest in Japanese myths and folklore. Maybe it's because I see elements of it in a lot of my games, and I'm interested in the story behind it. It is fascinating that's for sure. I hope your cat is doing better. :( It's hard seeing your furry friend in that state.

@ValoisFulcanelli: I look forward to it. :)

@FayeShinomori: Ouch. :( What a wake up call. And once again, your Sims are incredible.

@MayaRose1138: *waves*

@SilentWolf101: No worries. :) We all get busy doing things other than Sims. I wasted most of my time yesterday getting shot at in space. :tongue: Glad to hear your game is working again. :)

@Jes2G: Ah, vacation. Nothing else like it. Well, not that I know much about it because I haven't really been on one. Well, there was that New York trip recently, but it didn't seem like much of a vacation to me. But welcome back. :)

@lisabee2: I agree on both counts. Disaster is relative and sometimes A relative. There's one in every family. Several in mine actually. But anyway, for the time being, I am now a fan of the San Jose Sharks. It's their first time in the finals in 25 years, so I hope it's their time. Now, if the Capitals were in there instead of the Penguins, I'd be hoping the Sharks get their butts kicked. :tongue:

@Jes2G: Yeah, but most can keep a cool head too. Me, you can see the fear on my sleeve. Everyone in my family tells me don't worry so much or don't freak out. I've always been nervous when it stormed, at least that badly.

@RipuAncestor: I think it's pretty reasonable myself. Of course, I'm the only one. Kind of as the old man said on Home Alone, you can be too old for a lot of things. You're never too old to be afraid. I don't know how much damage was done, but I don't think it was super bad. The worst now is all the rain is causing floods, but I live on high ground, so it's not a problem. If it ever gets that bad though, well, I can try to build an ark. :tongue:

@ashleymeganwhoa: Welcome. :) It's always nice to have some new faces. I also understand your impatience. I've never had to write a story like that, but I do know it's not about point A, point B, and so on; it's about showing how they get there. Myself, I might recommend doing what SilentWolf recommended and maybe include parts where these two spend time away from each other, maybe have moments where others chime in on what they see. Show your characters how they're viewed through other eyes. In your case, maybe have others remark that they see something that your characters are oblivious too. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    @thesealofthesims This was the first real vacation I’ve been on by myself! I’ve been on two cruises before, but other than, I’m with you in that I’m unfamiliar with *real* vacation lol.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Well, my doctor put me on some sleeping pills called Ambien but they're not working so I have to call his office tomorrow morning and let them know that they're going to have to try something else instead. It's just not strong enough to knock me out, which just goes to show how bad my insomnia really is, although I am getting a little bit more sleep now with a gentle bump from what little of the medicine that does work. My sleeping problems are just plain horrible. I've been fighting with insomnia since I was 18 and now I'm 27 so this has been a very long struggle for me. Sleep comes so rarely so I grab at any occasion I can get it and hoard it lol.
  • Options
    Pics time! Strenia and Sucellos have three boys so far, Heilyn, Proteus, and Thunupa, and Strenia is pregnant with their fourth child who will likely also be a boy. The current boys are now all Children so now I have pictures of them!

Here is the eldest, Heilyn: Heilyn%20Nolan_zpsmr3b2dqh.png (A figure in Celtic mythology)

Proteus: Proteus%20Nolan_zpswipl2kuy.png (A mythological Greek king)

And my personal favorite of the three boys, Thunupa, an Incan "High God": Thunupa%20Nolan_zpsnxs0194z.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @FayeShinomori: Sorry, but little ginger Proteus beats out Thunupa for me. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen : Yeah, he is a cutie, I'll definitely say that much! I just love Thunupa because he's artistic and so am I in a way so I always have a fondness for the artistic children a bit more than I do for their siblings. I love it when I make my male children artistic. There is something about a man playing a violin that just strikes me as so incredibly beautiful. I was quite the pianist when I was growing up so instruments are always a must in my Sims' homes!
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Hello, lovely people! I've been busy as anything in-game this weekend (though not on my story - oops!) But first...

@ashleymeganwhoa Hello and welcome to the thread :) You could definitely play on the awkwardness of the situation, and perhaps focus on one half of the pair each chapter, so you can really get into their head about how they're feeling.

Maybe the one with the girlfriend is feeling a bit stifled in their relationship but feels guilty about ending it (perhaps the girlfriend is going through some bad times and they don't want to add to those bad times). And perhaps, in another chapter, the other half of the future relationship can see how happy their 'crush' is with that girl, and buries hirself in their career, in order to mask the pain of seeing it. You could really work up some angst this way, because a little bit of suffering and pain always makes the sweet stuff even sweeter. To be honest, if everything is all loved-up and perfect, that can make for a bland story, so injecting some conflict is always a good idea.

(Apologise for the awkwardness of the phrasing there. I'm using gender-neutral language, since I don't know your gender pairings, but this sort of scenario would add some interest, regardless of the genders of your protagonists.)

@thesealofthesims PM sent with a link to a zip file full of screenshots for the private maternity room build :)

@everyone Well, this is what I've been busy doing this weekend. A while ago I created a cc-heavy witch duelling arena for a random Tumblr photoshoot. This weekend I decided to write out that scene in full, and you can find that (text-only) on my blog, here: Duel.

However, after writing that I got the urge to do some more cc-free building. And you know what that means... *cough* Piccies incomiiiiiing! *ducks*

magical_dueling_arena.jpg

Full overview of the build. It's on a 64m lot and you only require Supernatural, World Adventures, and Island Paradise in order to use it:

finished01%20copy.jpg

This time (unlike the Veil's Great Library) I've included some living arrangements for your magical and supernatural Sims. Under the seating areas, you'll find all kinds of private bedrooms, bathrooms, a kitchen/dining area, an underground resting place for the vampires, lounges, and even a broom 'parking lot' for your competing witches!

One quick composite of two inside rooms, then I'll link you to my Tumblr post with tons more pictures and the download links:

arena_comp02.jpg

Click here for more info, pics, and download links. (Click the images at that post for full-size.) I've included a text file explaining how you can create some amazing magical duels for photoshoots using Buckley's shiftable fog emitter and some poses. Hope you have fun with it!
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli: I still cannot get over how absolutely gorgeous your Sims and your buildings are! They are beyond spectacular! You have some real talent there and what snippets I have read of your stories (Sorry I have only read snippets; reading and writing Sims stories isn't really up my alley), you are also a very, very talented writer. Kudos to you! I am beyond amazed with your pictures. I know you use a lot of CC in your game and I would love to do that too, but I have not had the best relationship with CC in the past. In every single Sims game, CC has ruined my computer and the computer I use right now is one amazing computer and I fear downloading anything CC, even if the site is reputable. I just fear losing this computer to some virus or something like that and I also don't install mods because I don't really have much of a use for them and they're also not allowed to touch this computer by my own command lol. Keep up the fantastic work! :)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @FayeShinomori I have to agree with InfraGreen here...
    @thesealofthesims XD I'm taking a bit of a break from the sims, apparently. I just find myself glued to minecraft. XD Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get into the swing of Minecraft and update my story. XD It's already really late, so...
    @ValoisFulcanelli I wish I had your building skills... Lol. And your styling skills to make my sims just as gorgeous.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Average_simmerAverage_simmer Posts: 25 Member
    Hello Simmers

• Options
    @Average_simmer HI :)

@FayeShinomori I am so sorry you did not get relief. I hope they can adjust the meds to help.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @thesealofthesims ahh nice for the Sharks :) Hope they take it ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    A lot of birthdays have happened in the Nolan clan today! Yesterday, Strenia and Sucellos welcomed their final son into the world, Stribog, who is the Slavik god of wind and storms. He is now a Child and is kind of cute, but his cheeks look like he just shoved a bunch of acorns into his mouth like a squirrel would lol.
    First, here is Heilyn, the eldest of the five boys, as a Teen: Teen%20Heilyn_zpsasice8zn.png

And for those of you who loved Proteus...well, he didn't turn out as I was hoping: Teen%20Proteus_zpsxolnq0cr.png

Here is the fourth son, Dazodji: Dazodji%20Nolan_zpsx3npieub.png

And here is the youngest boy, Stribog: Stribog%20Nolan_zpsd4ltemck.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys :) I'm here now for a moment for a few replies! I was super busy planning a new story, which is going to be a plot-heavy real-life drama but with a supernatural/paranormal twist :) I already wrote two chapter but I'm hoping to get at least 5 done before I start posting it. I have tons of notes about the plot I have planned out. It's going to be so fun!

@ashleymeganwhoa welcome to the forums :) I hope you will enjoy it here. Both this place and the TS4 stories and legacies section are very friendly and I have encountered lots of supportive and awesome people here :)

I think it's so cute that you tell your sims stories to your son, sounds like great bonding time and also like he's learning something from it. I have to keep that in mind for when I have kids (which might be 10 years from now, but still).

Your romance story sounds really intriguing! You already got some great advice from more experienced writer's and I agree with all of it :) Maybe the one without the girlfriend could decide to confess their feelings but then sees the other with the girlfriend and decides to bury themselves in work instead because the other one seems so happy? And the the one with the girlfriend decides to confess their feelings but chickens out as well because they see the other one so buried in work and thinks they won't feel the same. ^^

@FayeShinomori I'm so sorry about your insomnnia it sounds terrible :( I hope the doctors will find something that works for you soon. I've found that sometimes switching up doctors can work wonders! I regularly went to the same doctor about a problem with my right foot for a while and it kept coming back - in hindsight it was bc the doctor used the wrong treatment. Then I changed the doctor, this one said it would go away by itself - which of course it didn't. But then I went to another doctor and he decided on the right treatment which helped a lot and the problem hasn't been back since ^^ Of course you may have already tried that... I'm just saying it might take some time to find a doctor who knows what's up :) good luck!

And on another note, your sim kids are adorable as always! Which generation of your family is this?

@ValoisFulcanelli GAH. I can't get over how amazing your builds are! I never regretted not owning sims 3 so much :o I wish I could use them. But knowing me it would be a bad idea to get any kind of new game xD I'm so caught up in the ones I already have!
  • Options
    @JulyVee: This doctor is my psychiatrist that I am seeing since I have a bad mental illness and he is the only psychiatrist ever that has actually treated me like a normal person, not a psychiatric patient. He's a very kind man and I trust no one else but him to deal with this mental illness. I had to lose my large intestine at age eleven because of ulcerative colitis so I don't absorb medicines or nutrients very well, so most of the time I'm immune to a lot of meds including sleeping pills. It takes much larger doses of medications than for other people because of my delicate health. My doctor definitely knows what he's doing. He's the only one that actually got my disease to calm down; all my previous doctors were worthless.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @FayeShinomori that's good to hear that you are in good hands. Sorry to hear about your health problems :/ I really hope you're able to sleep sometime.