Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli : He looks simply irresistable to me. *eyebrow waggle*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    toddashitoddashi Posts: 1 New Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli Might as well face it, you're addicted to Sims.
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'll be happy to give it a try, if you don't mind waiting a couple of days for it, but I'll need a few more specifics first, namely:

1. Are you happy to use a little bit of CC? I won't overload the build with it, but there's some great hospital and maternity ward CC out there, and it would look much more realistic if some of that could be used. (I'm asking mainly because I'm not sure if you just want it built and a screenshot sent to you, or if you want to put the build into your own game.)

2. You say it's a maternity ward: do you mean a shared ward or a private room? I'm not sure how things work elsewhere in the world, but here in the UK most wards contain six beds, and there's nothing for a father to sleep on in the ward, unless he takes a nap in the chair beside the hospital bed (which - without poses - isn't possible in The Sims). If it was a private room things would be different, as either a couch or a camp bed could be included for him to nap on. I did make a private hospital room and some hospital corridors for my own story (screenshots of which can be seen in this chapter) so you can get an idea of things.

3. What kind of view (if any) would you want outside the window? In your mind's eye, does the ward look out onto a small hospital garden for patients to walk in, or maybe an enclosed courtyard? Or is the ward on the outer edges of the hospital and thus looking out over whichever town you'll be placing it in?

4. Most importantly: Sims 3 or 4? :mrgreen: (I only play Sims 3.) And also, which EPs/SPs do you have installed, so I make sure I don't use any content that you don't own (assuming you want the build for installation into your game)?

1. Well, mainly I just want it built and the screenshot sent to me, so I don't mind if you use CC. :)

2. I guess I mean like a private room - a place for the mother to rest and recover after delivery. I've never been inside one, so I don't know how it would work. I figure a couch would be more suitable for the father, since I didn't really picture him being comfortable, but he's there for his wife.

3. I envision something on the outer edges, so looking over the town, in this case Appaloosa Plains. Here's a picture of the hospital rabbit hole, so it needs to look like it might be belong in it.

sims.wikia.com/wiki/File:Wolfson%27s_Hospital_and_Research_Facility.jpg

4. Sims 3. I have all EPs installed, but don't worry. Like I said, it's just the picture I want.

Thanks. :grin:
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    toddashi wrote: »
    @ValoisFulcanelli Might as well face it, you're addicted to Sims.

LOL @toddashi .. LOTS of us in that boat!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Today is a nice day so far -- despite breaking my mom's penguin plate...

@hellohannah2 Hey! Sorry, didn't see your message earlier...
    @ValoisFulcanelli XD I've been on a minecraft frenzy this past month... Speaking of which, I should get back to fixing my minecraft game!
    @thesealofthesims Thank you for the well wishes! ^-^ And, now that you have Valois building for you... Man, you're lucky!
    @toddashi XD To me, that's not quite a bad thing...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Just stopping in to say HI .. I am back (yes .. I was gone LOL) and needing to get motivated to start on my new (old) story. It is hard to reach the end of a chapter/story and move on to the new. I was excited that my "ending" was so well received :)

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/snow-white-11-the-afterlife/

[img][/img]02-12-16_12-09-11nbspAM_zpsl0zdelfh.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli that is quite an impressive build!

@thesealofthesims I would love to build you a room but alas my Sims 3 is broken beyond loading .. I know I could fix it be with my luck I would spend lots of time doing that and then it would die again.

@SilentWolf101 I hope this finds you less stressed!

@xMike_Bx As you know I have been a regular reader .. and have read this one. Gave it a like. My heart goes out to Dawn. BTW I would love to have your thoughts on my story too. Not sure that I have ever heard what you think.

@hellohannah2 Welcome back :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @Everyone,

Am finally getting around to posting the latest happenings in my games. Due to some game glitches like Sims missing from households, game play stuck at a previous save, I had to do a complete vanilla game after saving out my current legacy families. Started a brand new save and reloaded my legacy households including the ones with @friendsfan367 and @Derubelle. Here is the list of the Simself households where I have put each Simself in their own houses either built by them or in my letter house that reflects the first or last letter of thetheir name. Have also chosen other Sims from your galleries to live with you in game.

@RebornMonster: Sorry to hear about your struggles but it's great that your mother-in-law's husband is doing better. Even though you're not writing at the moment, I hope that you'll still pop in to visit us once in awhile. After getting into my new game save, I realized that I missed saving you & Quincy Lim (from my legacies) so you're no longer in my game. Can you give my your Gallery ID at some point so that I can add you back to my game when I recreate my Simland save. Hugs to help you feel a little better.

@SilentWolf101: What is your Gallery ID again, so that I can get your Sims 4 self again to put with Reborn in the Simland save when I do it.

@Faye: As always your Sims are lovely and am glad that you're feeling a little better now. Hugs.

@Hellohannah2: Hello and welcome back. Don't think we've met so it's nice to officially meet you.

Here is a list of those of you who are now in my game. If you don't see your name, don't worry I plan to add more as space opens up in my main save or when Simland has been recreated. Later on, I plan to redo my Interactive save using households from Simming Friends, so if @anyone has a specific household you'd like me to use for that please let me know.

Alphabet Cove 2

@Ladyhiggs : Terry Burt & Erica Higgs
    @msbeckycat: Cecilia Penn & Kaylyn Harrison

Windenburg

@IvoryButterfly: Charles Stone & Sonya Lain, Jack & Megan Dorean, Dreamsong Sims

Oasis Springs

@Julyvee94 July Vee with Baato & Zaleena Slave
    @gnasling Mastress & Gnasling
    @thesealofthesims: Adam Daniels and Skylar Hunt

Recent Updates

Aussie Accents

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/aussie-accents-generation-2-aussie-mates-5/

Cameo: @IvoryButterfly’s Charles Stone

Valley Venues

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/valley-venues-generation-4-valley-variety-2/

Co Stars

@CitizenErased14 with Lucas Ainsworth

Active Woods

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/active-woods-generation-5-active-comedian-6/

Cameo: @msbeckycat

That's all for now and just to let you know I will be going away from this Thurs until next Wed so I won't be Simming or using a computer for that time. Should have another update or two to share before I leave though.

Have a great day!

Silver

• Options
    @SilverDaybreak: Silent_Wolfy101
    @lisabee2 Welcome back! And thank you. ^-^
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Today started off pretty well, I managed to get out of bed and get my chronic pain under control and then I fell asleep and missed dinner, so I decided to go out to one of my favorite fast food places to grab a quick burger, and my car, which has been acting up a lot lately, decided to die right there in the drive-thru just as a bunch of cars came piling up behind me and I still hadn't gotten my drink while my burger was patiently waiting for me in the passenger seat. My car just started sputtering and then shook quite a bit and then...blomp. Dead. Thankfully, by the grace of God alone I managed to get my car to start again but each turn of the key sounded like forever since not a single turn seemed to do the trick until I finally got my car to come back to life and get me home. My car is old and it's been acting up quite a bit these days and I've been noticing that it's been having problems with what I have secretly feared is the engine and now tonight it dies on me. Not good. I still have to get to the animal shelter tomorrow to work with the new kitties that just came in off the streets, a beautiful but very young but very friendly and sweet mama kitty that can't be any older than seven months old and her large litter of fluffy little troublemakers that are absolutely adorable and are not yet weaned from their mama and they're kind of timid around humans, so I'll be working with them for a while since their eyes are still quite blue and that excites me to no end because nothing on this earth thrills me more than to be surrounded by fluffy kittens or wriggly puppies! This is a dream come true for me ha ha!
    @SilentWolf101: Thank you! :)
    @thesealofthesims: I don't follow the zodiacs or anything like that because astrology is against my religion, but I am fascinated by what the different years mean different things for every person that belongs to a certain year, and the personality traits that fit me 100% with me being a Libra. It's almost eerie how my personality traits fit with the Year of the Dragon and being a Libra. That's about all that I care about with the zodiacs since like I said, astrology is against my religion and I don't pay much mind to it, although I did look at my astrology for a certain day once and it was so preposterous what it said my day was going to be like and none of it came true anyway so I find it kind of laughable to follow that kind of stuff, no offense to anyone on here who do follow astrology devoutly. And thanks, I'm glad you find my Sims to look nice. :)
  • Options
    Today started off pretty well, I managed to get out of bed and get my chronic pain under control and then I fell asleep and missed dinner, so I decided to go out to one of my favorite fast food places to grab a quick burger, and my car, which has been acting up a lot lately, decided to die right there in the drive-thru just as a bunch of cars came piling up behind me and I still hadn't gotten my drink while my burger was patiently waiting for me in the passenger seat. My car just started sputtering and then shook quite a bit and then...blomp. Dead. Thankfully, by the grace of God alone I managed to get my car to start again but each turn of the key sounded like forever since not a single turn seemed to do the trick until I finally got my car to come back to life and get me home. My car is old and it's been acting up quite a bit these days and I've been noticing that it's been having problems with what I have secretly feared is the engine and now tonight it dies on me. Not good. I still have to get to the animal shelter tomorrow to work with the new kitties that just came in off the streets, a beautiful but very young but very friendly and sweet mama kitty that can't be any older than seven months old and her large litter of fluffy little troublemakers that are absolutely adorable and are not yet weaned from their mama and they're kind of timid around humans, so I'll be working with them for a while since their eyes are still quite blue and that excites me to no end because nothing on this earth thrills me more than to be surrounded by fluffy kittens or wriggly puppies! This is a dream come true for me ha ha!
    :)

@FayeShinomori oh my gosh .. what a day .. I am constantly paranoid about my car. Every bump or snort I freak out .. so breaking down would set me back a few days :) God's grace was good indeed that you restarted quickly! Hope you get to the kitties tomorrow without incident!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @lisabee2: Well, I've known that my car has been having problems for a while because my "Service Engine Soon" light has been on and also my "Service Vehicle Soon" light has been as well, both at the same time, so we've all been aware that something is wrong with my car, and with my car having been brand new back in 2001 and now it's 2016, yeah, it's old, and it's been giving me trouble, so I've feared that my car would stall on me for a while now and it just so happened to choose tonight to do it. I do hope I get to see my feline companions tomorrow. I feel such a rush each time I make more progress with each little kitty that comes along. I just love helping animals so much, especially since all my nine cats have been strays at some point with no one to care about them at all until my family and I adopted them either from the shelter or off our back deck lol.

Well, Photobucket has finally gotten back into working order since the last time I tried to use it, their server was down for maintenance so I haven't been able to use it since then, but tonight it's back in working order and I can finally show everyone Neleus and Chloris' three beautiful daughters!
    Here is their firstborn daughter, Evadne who has the Artistic Prodigy aspiration at the moment: Evadne%20Nolan_zps87nm7yug.png

Their middle daughter, Hancue, the family's mischievous "Rambunctious Scout": Hancue%20Nolan_zps36eiracc.png

And here is their third daughter, Mielikki, who was the wife of Tapio, a Finnish forest lord: Mielikki%20Nolan_zpsgudyj3ij.png

Chloris is now pregnant with her and Neleus' fourth child and she's only in her first trimester so it will be a little bit before the gender will be announced, but after that she is going to devote herself to yoga big time to take off all her baby weight!
  • Options

Tonight starts "the rest of the story" in my fractured fairy tale ...

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/05/18/snow-and-prince-redux-1-plans-at-the-chateau/

[img][/img]02-12-16_3-01-06nbspAM_zps8y1spshw.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Hey, just stopping by quick before bed to say I've been working on that re-build for @mastressalita . I had to make a few major changes because the bay windows I used are from supernatural, and because I extended the lot from a 20x25 to a 30x30 so I'd have a little more room for more detailed/accurate floorplans and to give the lot more landscaping (alleys beside the building and yards/balconys for the units).

I've posted pictures on Tumblr of what I've gotten accomplished so far.
    Starting here. http://eternalrebirthmonster.tumblr.com/post/144592510032/ive-been-working-on-a-rebuild-of-my-brownstone
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    Having a bit of fun in WP tonight. I have never done a look book but wanted to attempt one with the 16 wedding dresses that Snow tried on before settling upon the one she used .. what is your fav?

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/snow-and-prince-redux-1-1-the-dress/

[img][/img]wedding%20dress%20collage%20snow_zpsgizyyhjo.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @lisabee2 #2 and #3 are my faves :) but all of them look lovely <3

@FayeShinomori oh my what a day! I'm glad your car came back to life, would have been a disaster to be stuck in that drivethrough. Btw your kids are really pretty :) and I always love the names you give them because they are so unusual to me :) I think I like Mielikki best in terms of looks but the other two are pretty as well :) you had good luck with your genes ^^

Speaking of genes @everyone I recently started the #DrifterChallenge and it's absolutely fun! I created the founder, Lily McEvans in CAS, this is her with her husband.

and omg she and her husband have the most GORGEOUS children I am super duper sim crushing right now. This is their daughter and heir, Summer:

And this is their son Harry. I think he's the best-looking guy ever born in my game :o

I am so in love <3
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Julyvee94 Those are indeed gorgeous Sims! Such expressive faces and cute smiles and noses!

How's everyone? I dipped my toe into the world of pose-making and that's been pretty fun! I also got all of my Chrysanthemum Tango -images optimised! Yay! I doubt I'll be doing that for Fey at least yet because there's just SO many pics in that one. Okay, now I'll take a nap, or at least try to, and then maybe actually edit and post a new chapter! Excitement! Or not.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Julyvee84: Thank you! I've been devouring mythology books for years and right now there's a decent sized tower of mythology encyclopedias both on my desk and on my dresser and they all have such deep wealth of mythology goodness ha ha. And in Sim related business, I agree with you about Meilikki. She's going to become a Teen here in a couple of days so I hope she turns out well. I also ended up giving Neleus and Chloris five children, all girls, and the final two are named Strenia and the baby of the family is Sogbo. They're very pretty girls. For some reason though, when they age up into Teens, they have absolutely huge puffy lips that I have always referred to as "fish lips", but Hancue grew up this morning into a Teen and she is so, so pretty. Can't wait to see how the other girls work out! I'll post pictures of them later because I forgot to take a picture of Evadne at the Teen age range. All of that will be solved quickly, though. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @lisabee2 My favorites are 2 (without the thing around the dress...), 6, and 15. :)
    @Julyvee94 They are rather lovely looking sims! ^-^
    @RebornMonster Ohhhhh! Looks awesome!
  • Options
    Well, I've been getting braver in Sims. I took the next step on the long road to recovery. I built something. Again, it was just for my story and I didn't save, but I'm getting there. I know one thing. My story version of Appaloosa Plains will be bigger than the real one. It's bigger on the inside. :tongue:

And I had to order a game online, twice now. See the first time, I ordered it from Vintage Stock's online store. They were having a sale, and I can't resist a good sale from that place. Well, the game was a dud, and of all things, the disc looked in good shape. Another one I ordered, WWE '12, looked in worse shape, and it worked. Go figure. So, I had to take it to my local Vintage store, and they didn't have another copy on hand. So, I went to Amazon and bought it myself. So, here's hoping this one isn't a dud.

Evidently, the hockey gods hate me, because the Pittsburg Penguins so far seem to be unstoppable. As a Washington Caps fan, I take issue with their success. The series between them and the Tampa Bay Lightning is still young, but I'm not liking how it's looking.

Anyway, I've said enough. On to the replies:

@SilentWolf101: Well, as I said, I don't like asking for things like that. To me, I should be willing to do the work myself, but I'm not too good at building and I usually don't have the patience. Oh, I can, but I find it difficult at times. But I agree.

@lisabee2: Well, it's the thought that counts, and I understand the situation. I wouldn't ask you to do anything like that, for the sake of your game.

@FayeShinomori: Oh wow! I'm glad you got your car started again. I'd say it would have to be by God's grace that you got out of there. Well, I don't follow the zodiac either. I'm more interested in the mythological aspects behind each of the constellations myself. Even though I don't care, I'm a Taurus myself, which makes sense, seeing as most of my family thinks I'm full of bull anyway. :tongue: But like you, I don't follow it, and I don't read them myself. Just curious, I don't know if I asked, but what sort of mythology do you find the most fascinating? And once again, your Sims have some good genes in their pool.

@RebornMonster: *waves*

@lisabee2: I like number 1 myself. Not sure why, but I like it the best.

@Julyvee94: I know this is a stupid question, but indulge me, but what exactly is the Drifter Challenge? I don't follow too many of the challenges, so I'm a bit in the dark about those.

@RipuAncestor: Tired, mostly. :tongue: But story of my life.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    @thesealofthesims oh no worries ^^ The Drifter Challenge is a continuous challenge (a new house gets released every month) where you first demolish all of the worlds and then build them up house by house, each house has it's own rules and goals you must complete ^^ in almost every house you start with 0 simoleons. I just completed the first house where your only goal is to build a house worth 30k before your founder dies (oh, a part of the challenge is that you can only control 1 sim). The heir continues in the next house. I think the goals are to build a house worth 40k and complete some aspiration I'm not sure :)

EDIT: Here's the link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/818109/the-drifter-challenge-main-page/p1

It's highly addicting xD
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 Omg, now I wanna try out that challenge... :3
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @thesealofthesims Aww, well, I'm really tired too now so I can totally relate.

Also hello again everyone! Like I promised, here's the new chapter to The Fey of Life!

Chapter 19: Rabbit Hole
    wAR6eJj.jpg

"For some reason the bright colours of the fairy trees just made it worse. We’d followed the breadcrumbs and then the rabbit hole, and it had just led us to a whole bunch of new problems."

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @Julyvee94: Sounds interesting. I don't think I would really do it myself, since I prefer to craft stories as I go along with my Sims. But hey, it's cool nevertheless.

@RipuAncestor: Well, in my case, I'm a night-owl, so I've got no one to blame but myself. :tongue: That and after finding a spider crawling across my bed sheets a couple of nights ago, I've been a little more anxious at nights than normal. What can I say, I hate those little things. *shudders*
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @thesealofthesims I tend to stay up later than I should too. I'm trying to fix that and keep it fixed because I get migraines easily if my sleep schedule gets ruined. Sometimes I almost get it but then something happens like I get inspiration to write in the middle of the night. I should just resist those creative late-night sparks... Last night I couldn't, and for some reason I still woke up at 8 even though it's my summer break and I wouldn't have needed to get up. Ugh...

And aww, while I'm cool with spiders, I still would't like to find one in my bed. Spiders are also hard to get out of the house without accidentally killing them, so I never like them showing up. I don't like killing things.
    My Sims stories: