Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi! Well, I realize I never linked my new story here. It's a build Newcrest and I decided to introduce the main character with mostly pictures telling her backstory. This is my first Sims 4 story.

qjnietp.png?w=700

Freshly Minted: Prologue- Part 1

cyflia7.png?w=700

Freshly Minted: Prolog- Part 2

---
    @FayeShinomori Lovely sims. I'm glad you like your new computer!

@RebornMonster I'm so sorry for your family's health issues so don't worry if your content runs out. Family comes first.

@ValoisFulcanelli Nice pic, but you always take such amazing screenshots. Your Sims look interesting. I'll have to look at them when I catch up on some other Sims stories.

@thesealofthesims @Lisabee2 The new plants are taking but I discovered some spider mites came in on one rose so I've been trying to contain and kill them. I think it was a success so far so all is good.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

It’s Short Story Saturday! The word for today is avuncular. See if this cute little booger can help you figure out what it means. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/balderdash-avuncular/
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @RebornMonster Welome back! I'm so glad your back, even if you're not continuing your legacy at the moment (which is a shame, but I understand). *hugs* I do hope that things feel better soon, and you're more than welcome to stay and chat here. :)
    @JLBDreamer Ohhhhh, it looks lovely!!!!! ^-^
    @ValoisFulcanelli *heart stops beating*
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Stopping in to say hi...new to the area, though I recognize some familiar faces :)
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @RebornMonster : You are always welcome here, anytime! And you know where to find me off the forums whenever you need me, too. ^_^ (And I enjoyed having your Simself come grace my blogaversary last month along with @SilverDaybreak and @SilentWolf101 even if you were away... the Sims, at least, seemed to have a good time!)

I'm surprised you are putting your story on hold as you'd just updated it on April 30th though! (That's... really recent! Have you seen how slow my updates are? I felt like, so small when someone asked me, "So you update Cat Chronicles every Saturday, right?" *wanted to hide under the bed in shame* "Err... well... it is on Saturdays when it does update, but... uh..." And then I have a story I haven't had a chance to touch since November! That was last year! Gyaa! So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Authors put projects on hold all the time! (Or discontinue them completely... as sad as it is, I see it constantly from running a link index. It's a rather common occurance and not something worth adding extra stress to your life over, if you really feel that way. You should do what makes you happiest!)

And hey, even if you aren't "Simming" anymore, if you ever get a building bug under your skin, I can always put you to work. ^_~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom : Hey Rosie, so good to see you around these parts! *glomps* Feel free to pull up a chair and grab a cuppa, and you can even put your feet up on the furniture... it's cool. ^_~

Since you are here, I had asked some time ago in a PM, but any chance your lovely Skinners would be willing to grace the Stories and Legacies Index with their presense? You are one of those authors on my "I'd probably have a Sim-style bladder failure in excitement if they added their link" list. ^_^
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    @aroseinbloom : Hey Rosie, so good to see you around these parts! *glomps* Feel free to pull up a chair and grab a cuppa, and you can even put your feet up on the furniture... it's cool. ^_~

Since you are here, I had asked some time ago in a PM, but any chance your lovely Skinners would be willing to grace the Stories and Legacies Index with their presense? You are one of those authors on my "I'd probably have a Sim-style bladder failure in excitement if they added their link" list. ^_^

Ahhh!!! Yes...the would loooove to be there :) They're almost done...I can't wait for the end. Sorry I never got back to you. I'm bad at PMs. Add me to origin...you'll have better luck there!

Thanks for the kind welcome, @mastressalita! <3
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom : I don't have Origin. I'm a TS3 player (Steam version). ^_^ Just drop by this thread and there is a form that you post there with the proper info for your site and then I'll get it listed asap (or at least as soon as I'm home from work... look who's being a naughty little librarian today, checking the forums while cataloging! ^_^;; ) Squeee! That makes me excites!

Almost finished? That's amazing! Congrats! Legacies are a beast, that is an accomplishment to be proud of!

I am also looking forward to the future return of Simmers' Gab, whenever that may be!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    Hello, lovely people! I have a bunch of replies and some new building piccies, because I've been wallowing in historical CC and building today :)

@thesealofthesims Thank you! (re: the school).

@thesimsserbia You're welcome. And I see that you're now a full member of the forum, so yay!

@EmmaBarbie Great news about the trailer! Hopefully you'll be able to raise that money in no time. And, with regard to those 'writing rules', all I have to say (as an editor) is this: Know the rules, then once you know them you can be confident in bending (or breaking) them.

@RebornMonster *hugs tight* You're always welcome here, whether you're Simming or not. Don't worry about long absences (although do please stick your head above the parapet from time to time, otherwise I'll worry!) and take care of yourself. I'm always at the end of a forum PM or a message on Tumblr, if you need to talk, okay? <3

@JLBDreamer Thank you so much :) My Sims are preening now! :mrgreen:

@SilentWolf101 Rocker!Valois: *winks and blows a kiss* (Oh god, he's SUCH a flirt!)

@aroseinbloom Hello, and welcome! Nice to see you here. *pulls up another chair and offers to pour the tea*

*eyeballs forum* Right, that's me caught up with replies. Now onto the building stuff!

I've been contemplating this build for a looooong time. Possibly for longer than I've been writing The Madness of Mr Goth. This is the library that I often see in my dreams, realised in The Sims 3. However, in my game it's going to be the main library in the esoteric world of the Veil.

For those of you unfamiliar with my story, the Veil is the world of the supernatural races. It exists parallel to Earth but on its own plane of existence. When Earth finally ceases to be, the Veil will endure. It's commonly seen as a huge forest , since every tree that has ever lived reaches its branches into the Veil.

Each supernatural race has its own library, containing its own lore and histories. Those libraries are only accessible to members of that race. However, the main library (the one that I've built) is accessible to every supernatural race. It's maintained by the Fae - hence the living plants growing up the walls - and both Elsanine and Valois both frequent the place.

I've got a ton of screenshots at this post on tumblr (click to view them full size) but here's a small preview. I would upload this, but it's so chock-full of CC that there's no way I'd be able to enumerate everything that's in it.

veil_library02.jpg

veil_library11.jpg

veil_library13.jpg

And this is the outside view:

veil_library08.jpg

I've been working on this for about seven hours, with an hour's break for a phone call. To say that I'm pleased with how it came out would be an understatement ;)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Thank you to all who were so nice as to compliment my Sims, and hello to everyone in general!
    @ValoisFulcanelli: You have some absolutely amazing Sims and graphics for your Sims! I have always been so impressed by the incredible quality of work you put into your Sims and as to how gorgeous your Sims always are! You are one very talented Simmer!
  • Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli : Giant... library... build... Make an O-face *insert a bunch of "completion" words undoubtedly inappropriate for these forums here*

I think Mastress-Sim would die happy there.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    @JLBDreamer
    wrote: »
    Thanks. :sweat_smile: I figured people would understand that, but I still feel bad about it.

@SilentWolf101
    *hugs* Thank you so much. :blush: I have been messing with it, and I have done a little bit of writing for it, but it's going to take so long to get my game back to where it needs for the chapter that I'm on that I'm just not sure when I'll find the time to get it done. I don't really want to leave it where it is, and I may end up posting a chapter without screenshots and just come back and add them when I have time... idk. But thank you. :heart:

@mastressalita
    Thank you, and I appreciate it. It means a lot to know the option is there. :heart:

Oh, the blogiversary was so fun!! :grin: I'm really glad that you included me in it. I take it as confirmation that my sim-self is a good representation of myself that she hung out in the mind-closet and made friends with the kitties - because I'm sure that's exactly what I would have done. lol :lol: And congrats, if I never said it. :wink:

Lol. It figures you would have noticed that. I had written that chapter in March and it just needed to be edited so it felt silly that I didn't just take a half hour and just finish it... Honestly I have another chapter about 2/3 the way done but it's something I'm adding to the original story, so I don't have any screenshots I even CAN use for it... And there in lies my problem re-importing all the CC and rebuilding sets and sims... especially the sims. I suck so bad at CAS. :cold_sweat: It does make me feel better knowing that it's pretty common though, even if it does make me sad to think about. I honestly don't mind your posting schedule at all. When an author is irregular I feel like I'm getting a birthday present when I realize they have a new chapter. lmao :mrgreen: I know I'm a weirdo. :wink:

Speaking of building... I've been considering doing a re-build of the brownstone apartments. I really really enjoyed how the facade came together, so I've been thinking about expanding the lot and giving it a little more landscaping and trying to fix a couple of wonky things on the floorplan. If you want, I could do a build that is friendly to your game. It'd just need to know which expansions to launch and a couple other details. :smile:

@ValoisFulcanelli *hugs* Thanks. I'm sorry if I worried you. I promise that I'll consider it... but talking is hard. So :cold_sweat: no promises on that front.

Omg. I have spent at LEAST half an hour ogling that library. It's so amazing, the details are great, there's some really fantastic build details and the way you managed to make a space so gorgeous and vast, with so many inviting little private spaces... *wistful sigh* I am planning on doing one of my #gush posts on tumblr once I get home and can view the details up close on my computer. :heart:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    *ahem*

Hello guys! I don't know if any of you remember me on here... i've been pretty much mute since last September. To everyone who's only began to contribute to this forum since then: Hi! My name's Hannah and I'm a sims 3 story writer! I was gone for a while but now i'm back.

Basically I was just incredibly uninspired and generally too busy to work on my story for the last.... *counts* ...eight months, but now that the college year has finished I finally have the time to start writing again, which is lovely. For those of you who don't know, My story is called Dustland Fairytale & it's set in the late 80s in South West USA. It follows the life of a young 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gal called Jolene who's on a quest to find her little brother who went missing several years before. It basically follows her experiences and the people that she meets, including a very tall (very handsome) musician called Jack. Her whole life unfolds and comes apart and all her deepest darkest secrets revealed during the story, which is half told from her point of view and half told from Jack's. At the moment I've already completed around 30 chapters, so if you're interested in checking it out then there's plenty of material to get stuck into!

Here's the latest chapter anyway, for people who were previously following me & haven't forgotten me!! CLICK ME!

Be sure to leave a comment so I can check out your blogs too xxxx
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @FayeShinomori Thank you so much! I just can't resist the CC :mrgreen: I go looking for one thing, and before I know it I've downloaded another couple of GB of the stuff. I'm surprised my game hasn't fallen over and died yet. (Which reminds me: time to back everything up again.)

@RebornMonster Awww, thank you in advance for the gush post! I'm still working on the bloody thing - lol! I'm finishing up the grounds at the moment (another short post coming on Tumblr soon with just one screenshot of that). I can't stop fiddling with it!

And just drop me a "Still around, just hibernating" PM or something if you go AWOL for a bit. No need for talking if you don't feel like it. I'm a born worrywort anyway, so I worry over everyone who's normally a 'regular' and then goes quiet for a long time without warning. Don't feel bad <3

@hellohannah2 Hey, hi! Welcome back. Nice to see you posting here again :)

@mastressalita LOL! The forum might have 'plummed' you out of existence if you'd been a bit more specific! Thank you so much. I've got a special screenshot just for you. There are four little nooks for the librarians (who, in my story, are all Fae) to work in, so here's a closer look at one of them. It's a bit hard to get a good shot of everything, because of the bookshelves opposite, but I did my best :)

librarian_nook.jpg
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @ValoisFulcanelli : I do the same thing Valois... I totally get people don't like to talk or move onto other fandoms or generally just go through periods of not being around, but since I had a friend that "disappeared" for several months and he actually turned out to be dead and I was kept unawares from the family because the investigation was going on, I've become really paranoid... with online friends, who is going to notify you if something happens? O_O So most of my online friends pop around or send me an e-mail every now or then just so I know they are "still around" cause they know I'll become a major worrywort otherwise.

Recently I've been wondering about @Pinkslinky ... she hasn't been around since February. I hope she is well, whatever she is up to. Don't suppose any TS4 folks have seen her on Origin or elsewhere and know she is fine and well?

@RebornMonster : Ahh... I can imagine, I keep meticulous written link directories of my cc, plus a secondary backup directory of all the files, PLUS have my computer just create full HDD image files to a secondary HDD once a week, and yet if my game went boom and I had to do a vanilla reinstall, even with my 20 bazillion backups I think it would be a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to do it, heh. And without meticulosu backups... even more of a pain! But on the other hand, I can see how such a situation could lead to perhaps some creative twists to accomodate why things might not be "quite the same."

Oh ya, I really liked those apartments! I am going to need some apartments I can keep multiple Sims in for a future arc of Yandere Diaries, and I don't want "Latenight" Apartments since you can really only have one family per unit in those and the rest is this falsetto shell. Currently the only EPs I don't have are Supernatural, Showtime, and Into the Future (probably won't add anything until a Steam summer sale, as I'm on the Steam version of the game). And I don't own any stuff packs.

There is also this farmhouse build I found that I'm going to need modified at some point (cause I'm so worthless even when I try to modify a pre-existing build I screw something up and it doesn't look right -_-;; ) or just have something comparable made, but that is for a future endeavor (like, post Cat Chronicles endeavor) so I haven't worried about it too much, but ya... I seem to always be in the market for those that get the building bug. ^_^

@ValoisFulcanelli : Hahaha, yes, I would have, but at least the meaning got across nonetheless. Oh man, those card catalogs! I can just smell that wonderful old book smell! WHY CAN'T MY WORKPLACE BE THAT COOL?

No, instead we just get parents that think we are a free babysitting service, and leave their children there, even after closing, so the poor librarians who have been there all day on a SATURDAY can't even leave at the end of their shift because there are minors on the property... *huffs, mumbles, and shuts rant mode off*

(I hearby ban children from your awesome fae library. Hope they don't mind)

@hellohannah2 : I never forget an author that registers their work at the Stories and Legacies Index, even ones that go on hiatus for a long time! It's a gift of mine. So awesome you are off of hiatus and that you are back around these parts! Welcome back!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well, Neleus and Pelias just aged up into Teens and they didn't turn out so bad. They still kind of have that really low brow/forehead area that makes them kind of appear like Cro-Magnons in my opinion, but they're still rather very attractive young men. Here is Pelias, who wants to become a professional joke star: Teen%20Pelias_zpssr51y9sb.png

And here is his more studious twin brother Neleus, who wants to become a "Mansion Baron" : Teen%20Neleus_zpsmjo8hcdy.png

I'm going to try to get some sleep for now. Mythology studies are done for the time being and more personal mythology notes have been taken in my lovely little notebook with aged paper that appears to be somewhat like parchment, which was a very wonderful gift for Christmas one year from my beloved godmother who always knows just what to get me (Because unlike the people on my dad's side of the family, they have no clue what I like or dislike nor do they ever bother to ask what I like or dislike, and my godmother is really my mom's best friend but they're like sisters and everyone on my mom's side of the family, including my godmother, focus very strongly on me and always like knowing what I am liking or disliking lately and give me the best gifts. I'm 27 and my dad's mom still is clueless about what all I like or dislike. She knows I like pizza but that's about it. :( ) Anyways, I am heading to bed now to attempt to get some sleep which is rather a very fruitless endeavor but I try anyway. Have to get some sleep sometime, right? I just pray I actually sleep and that my insomnia will leave me alone tonight! Goodnight everyone! *Waves and hugs everyone*
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @RebornMonster Aha! I just spent the last few days wracking my brain that there was this awesome legacy I had been reading that I never wrote down on my list of stories and it was bugging me.

Hugs. Sounds like life isn't being too good right now. You do what you need to do and if that includes never returning to the legacy, I'll survive. Never feel guilty for doing what you need to do. People always come first. ((I'm still going to write it down on my list so I don't forget again and if I ever get the urge, I can always just reread what's there.))
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @mastressalita - don't ban all the kids from that library.!! Little-me would have thought she'd died and gone to heaven to be there. Just ban the annoying ones and the ones who don't leave when it closes. :D
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Well, even though the two daughters aged up to be very beautiful, I have chosen Neleus to become the new patriarch of the 21rst generation of his clan! He will marry a CAS woman that I will create named Chloris and since all mythology says about their marriage is that they have twelve sons and none of their names are listed, I still want to stick to the mythology as best I can. I have plenty of names to give to their children and not all of those names will come from Greek mythlogy since I like to jump around with different mythologies and create interesting genealogies of my own choosing. It makes my game more exciting that way. :)
  • Options
    xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    The 1st episode of season 2 of murder valley sims is UP!!

Go read/comment please!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ValoisFulcanelli :astonished: That library! Is! Amazing! I sooooo want to go there old books lovely furniture and old buildings I'm losing my punctuation because of how amazing that library is!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey guys. I've got a lot of stress in my life at the moment that *hopefully* will be alleviated after Thursday. So, until then, I may be pretty MIA... Sorry about that.

@RebornMonster *hugs* Yay! I'm glad that you'll be continuing your story eventually!
    @ValoisFulcanelli That is one beautiful library... I wish I could build something so beautiful!! XD
    @FayeShinomori Of course, they're gorgeous! And also, congratulations on reaching the 21st generation!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @RipuAncestor and @Silentwolf101 Thank you both! I've been on a Sims 3 frenzy this past week. Today I've been working on the Nile cruise ship that Gunther and Valois are currently honeymooning on (pics here on Tumblr) and then tonight I, uh...

You know when you get a song stuck in your head and end up listening to it on repeat, and that song has an accompanying video that's SO iconic you wonder if you can re-create it in The Sims? And, when you realise that you CAN, you start giggling gleefully as you put together the photoshoot?

Yeah. That. :mrgreen:

addictedtolove.jpg
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Well, I made a real breakthrough. I started up my Sims game. Yeah, I just went in for pictures, just to get a better picture for when I'm writing and I didn't save anything, but I still got on for a bit. I know these glitches aren't really anything, but it's freaky having a glitched kid in my household.

Anyway, maybe I can get things rolling with my work again. On to replies.

@Jes2G: *waves*

@FayeShinomori: That's cool. I don't know what year I was born in, well, not that I put much into it anyway. But I do find Oriental culture interesting. Nice Sims as always.

@EmmaBarbie: I wonder what else we're supposed to put instead of 'said.' :tongue: That is funny though.

@lovesstorms: Well, I've been doing pretty good. Not much is really new with me, but that's life.

@SilentWolf101: *waves* Hope you're doing well. Congrats on your impending graduation.

@ValoisFulcanelli: The weekend never turned out well for me. Well, mainly because it's another workday for me. :tonuge:

@RebornMonster: Hello, my friend. :) I'm sorry to hear life has been treating you badly, but I hope it gets better for you soon. And don't worry about how long you're away. We're here for you, whenever you come back. And good going on your novel. :) I wish you the best with it. I might even be able to read it, but I can't promise when.

@JLBDreamer: Then I hope for your continued success.

@aroseinbloom: Hi there. I don't know if I've seen you before, but if I have and I've forgotten, I'm sorry. If not, nice to meet you. :)

@ValoisFulcanelli: You have way more patience than I do in building, that's for sure. I like what you do.

@hellohannah2: Hello, Hannah no pun intended. Welcome back. :)

I'm going to have to cut this short. I've got a game on in about 6 minutes, and I'll have to shut the computer down (it's not my computer).

To all you great builders here, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I really hate asking for favors like this, and feel free to say no, but I was wondering if you could build one room for me. See, I'm reworking my Sims stories, and the first chapter starts in a hospital room. Well, I guess to be specific a maternity ward. I'm not good at building, so if someone could build it and take a picture for me, I'd appreciate it, just so I have something to review when I get to describing. My one requirements are a window, something to sleep on under it (for my new father), the bed for the mother, and a separate bathroom.

If no one is willing or able, I understand, but all of you do so much better than me, so I thought I'd ask.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To all you great builders here, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I really hate asking for favors like this, and feel free to say no, but I was wondering if you could build one room for me. See, I'm reworking my Sims stories, and the first chapter starts in a hospital room. Well, I guess to be specific a maternity ward. I'm not good at building, so if someone could build it and take a picture for me, I'd appreciate it, just so I have something to review when I get to describing. My one requirements are a window, something to sleep on under it (for my new father), the bed for the mother, and a separate bathroom.
    I'll be happy to give it a try, if you don't mind waiting a couple of days for it, but I'll need a few more specifics first, namely:

1. Are you happy to use a little bit of CC? I won't overload the build with it, but there's some great hospital and maternity ward CC out there, and it would look much more realistic if some of that could be used. (I'm asking mainly because I'm not sure if you just want it built and a screenshot sent to you, or if you want to put the build into your own game.)

2. You say it's a maternity ward: do you mean a shared ward or a private room? I'm not sure how things work elsewhere in the world, but here in the UK most wards contain six beds, and there's nothing for a father to sleep on in the ward, unless he takes a nap in the chair beside the hospital bed (which - without poses - isn't possible in The Sims). If it was a private room things would be different, as either a couch or a camp bed could be included for him to nap on. I did make a private hospital room and some hospital corridors for my own story (screenshots of which can be seen in this chapter) so you can get an idea of things.

3. What kind of view (if any) would you want outside the window? In your mind's eye, does the ward look out onto a small hospital garden for patients to walk in, or maybe an enclosed courtyard? Or is the ward on the outer edges of the hospital and thus looking out over whichever town you'll be placing it in?

4. Most importantly: Sims 3 or 4? :mrgreen: (I only play Sims 3.) And also, which EPs/SPs do you have installed, so I make sure I don't use any content that you don't own (assuming you want the build for installation into your game)?
    tfb.jpg