Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I for one have not seen any problems with My Sims 1, 2, 3, games as of yet, but as for 4 the only problem I've had with it is the fact that I have lost My Creations in the gallery like 4 times , due to updates and such, I am sorry that other's have had problems in their games, and I hope they all get fixed for you, and at the same time, Other's in the forums should not get attacked and be called names and such for having a Opinion on something about any of the Sims games or anything else, it is against the rules for one thing, so be nice to other's , they have a right to their opinion just like you do, but name calling and such is just not nice, it is very rude indeed.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Pary wrote: »
    Yes, everyone wants to hop on the "cool to be robotic" train, I know.
    /eyeroll

I've been here longer than you have, and haven't seen quite the "chock full" critique that you seem to believe. Most of the moaning back then seemed to come from people who were trying to run the game on a potato.
    As for dismissing claims... well, that's been the MO for most Pro-TS4 people when faced with complaints about the game. People's concerns have been dismissed for the last year and a half, so there's no point going there.

As for nit-picking, you'll have to take that up with Jo. I was simply pointing out what I thought she meant as well as trying to clarify the false assumption that she's unable to see faults in previous games.

I have a question what does I've been here longer on this site have to do with anything? I'm just curious a lot of people have played the Sims game series and knows all about the graphics and how messed up it was on the Sims 3 than 2 and to me the Sims 4 Sims seems to do activities more slower than than its other sims games before hand like myself I just barely found out about this site awhile ago.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I miss the good old days of Sims 1 and 2 where you'd see what was coming months in advance. They'd put pictures of the next EP on the game cases. Months in advance, they'd post pictures of ALL the items that where to be included in the next pack and game play. They'd let you know what was coming next. Now - total silence and they wonder why people lost passion for their game... They should take example of other games that are "episodic". You get info every month or two on what is being worked on in terms of finishing an episode or dlc, patches, bugs being worked on, etc. I've never seen anything quite like the Sims 4 where they keep quiet all the time. Even small indi games devs do it better.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited May 2016
    New Info Game Pack News is up, release date shows as May 25th, I just saw it, game pack called Dine Out, New Info Game Pack 3 post is called.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I have a question what does I've been here longer on this site have to do with anything? I'm just curious a lot of people have played the Sims game series and knows all about the graphics and how messed up it was on the Sims 3 than 2 and to me the Sims 4 Sims seems to do activities more slower than than its other sims games before hand like myself I just barely found out about this site awhile ago.

I myself assumed that @Sk8rblaze mentioned it initially because those of us that have been here for years have seen many threads on many topics pass through the forums. Some of them repeated ad-nauseam.
    That is simply my take on it. If you want to know for sure you'd have to ask him not me.

My response about my years here is simply a counter to his argument that during his years the majority of arguments about TS3 were over sim appearance and robot-like action, which wasn't my experience. I saw more complaints about lag, routing issues, CC and crashing.
    All of which TS3 quite happily does in abundance, if you don't treat it with kid gloves.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes, everyone wants to hop on the "cool to be robotic" train, I know.
    /eyeroll

I've been here longer than you have, and haven't seen quite the "chock full" critique that you seem to believe. Most of the moaning back then seemed to come from people who were trying to run the game on a potato.
    As for dismissing claims... well, that's been the MO for most Pro-TS4 people when faced with complaints about the game. People's concerns have been dismissed for the last year and a half, so there's no point going there.

As for nit-picking, you'll have to take that up with Jo. I was simply pointing out what I thought she meant as well as trying to clarify the false assumption that she's unable to see faults in previous games.

You're right, it's a poor way of arguing against one's point.

Good thing Sims 3's forums and all of the reviews of TS3 are still in tact as well as various retailer's review sections, such as on Amazon. Whether you looked at them in June 2009, August 2010, or now, they're the same, and many showcase exactly my point.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    The next expansion is called Dine Out. it was revealed on a few other sites with the upcoming sims 4 bundle.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    True, that's so much better in Sims 2, where I can choose out of a wide range of options: slim and fat. Slim being slim, fat being not so slim (but far from fat). And at least when I create a fat sim in Sims 3 I get a real fat sim. Not a fat body with a little knob on top of it like in Sims 4 and a six pack on a big belly. And build mode was the same? Sims 2 has CASt? Must have missed it.

@JoAnne65 When I said "Basically, you can only change in depth the face", automatically I was covering the wide varieties of sliders available for facial modification. But basically, it's just that I can modify in depth. I have not the power to modify every detail of the body, unless I use a mod for it. And I said "Finally, the build mode is almost the same as The Sims 2" and not only "is the same", Because I considered a few improvements that have been made, such as: ability to pull walls and objects go together, and also the create-a-style tool. But basically, these were the improvements that have been made. Nothing very substantial. Change the colors and textures of a house is wonderful, but the entire system of previous tools was an exact copy of The Sims 2. The build mode only get new features after some expansions, and even then, were few. Although some tools have been absent in The Sims 4 for a while, and recently added again, despite not having a CAST, I can create houses with greater structural and small details with ornaments through the build mode, which did not exist before in TS2 or TS3. Because even not having brought some earlier tools, it was the most innovated, improved and brought features and facilities previously inexistent.

If you don't to say "Create-a-Style", there will be almost nothing different that you can do in the build mode from The Sims 3 Base Game , because it is just a copy from The Sims 2. The difference is the UI. xD
    Possibly, I've only built one house in Sims 2 so I don't know what the possibilities are exactly. Just that building bored me like it does in Sims 4 because CASt is extremely important for me while building (which I never realized untill I played Sims 2 and 4). No big deal really, that as such is no dealbreaker for me (I love people's creations in the gallery) but nevertheless it's clearly important enough to turn me from an avid builder (TS3) into a non builder (TS4). I love the tools in Sims 4 build mode, they are among the things I miss when I play Sims 3. Sims 3 build mode can irritate me even. Why do we need all kind of cheats for certain things for instance; if it can be done, why do I need cheats, it's so complicated (at the same time it's also a challenge I must add...). It's not enough to quit playing 3 though ;) Apparently creative tools are more important for me than handy tools? I can spend hours decorating just one room.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »
    I miss the good old days of Sims 1 and 2 where you'd see what was coming months in advance. They'd put pictures of the next EP on the game cases. Months in advance, they'd post pictures of ALL the items that where to be included in the next pack and game play. They'd let you know what was coming next. Now - total silence and they wonder why people lost passion for their game... They should take example of other games that are "episodic". You get info every month or two on what is being worked on in terms of finishing an episode or dlc, patches, bugs being worked on, etc. I've never seen anything quite like the Sims 4 where they keep quiet all the time. Even small indi games devs do it better.

Right? Sometimes as I'm reading some of the topics here (I don't play TS4 so I usually don't post) and see how they "can't talk" or this, that and the other and I think about how much fun it was every time I opened a new expansion pack for TS2 to see a leaflet for what was coming next. It was like adding sprinkles to an already delicious cupcake--not necessary but fun nevertheless. Then they quit doing that with TS3 and the leaflets were just ads for other stuff like Sims Medieval and previous expansion packs. It turned an extra bit of fun into something mundane.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    When I say that TS3's Sims are more robotic, I refer precisely to the routing, which is worse than the The Sims 2. There positioning to use any object. Sims get stuck into each other easily. Play in narrow houses is terrible. :P
    All I can say is that I've played in real narrow houses with complete families and they never get stuck into each other. There is some angry handwaving in front of the fridge every now and then but that's it. But hey, please don't let me be a party pooper here...
    When I say that TS3's Sims are more robotic, I refer precisely to the routing, which is worse than the The Sims 2. There positioning to use any object. Sims get stuck into each other easily. Play in narrow houses is terrible. :P

I felt TS3's Sims' movements and, often, facial expressions were very robotic. And yes, I know I'm about to get a reply with 50 TS3 pictures of how one's Sims are "lively" and "emotional", despite the fact that is the interactions themselves likely altering their expression. Anyway, this is my experience. TS3 is not flawless, as we all know. Really, no game is, but it seems TS3 and TS4 have had so many issues compared to TS1/TS2. Anyway, Idle Sims tend to have the worst expressions. They, most of the time, just stare with a very blank expression. Their head movements aren't smooth or natural-looking. A lot of their animations were recycled from TS2, and it largely seems Sims in 3 were an afterthought, despite the fact the game is literally called The Sims. To make matters worse, the world, which we assume they focused the most time on, was broken. My observations were on a GTX 970 graphics card, by the way, so it isn't like I'm taking my feedback from a 200 dollar HP laptop.

That's not to say they should have removed the open world, nor made the game entirely about emotions and glorified moodlets. It was nice they listened to that complaint, which has been rampant since TS3's release, that being the Sims were not as expressive as their predecessor Sims in TS2, but they made the mistake of using cliche, tacky, and boring humor/mentality while developing them, and in a way, making them too expressive.
    ... daring to try to refute some good old Sims 3 whining by presenting proof it's not all that bad at all and having the guts to actually prefer those facial expressions in the game. My sims simply don't "most of the time just stare with a very blank expression", I in fact always have to disable free will for a moment when I need them to pose for me for a minute. Because they'll always start running off doing things within seconds. And that blank expression people are complaining about has a lot to do with the way people create their eyes and eyebrows in CAS. The copied animations fcol were all basegame stuff. A zillion original animations were added over the years. So this will probably just be an issue when you quit playing the game in august 2009. Which I suspect goes for a lot of the Sims 3 whiners (because the whining often involves ancient issues). I've ran into one broken world in all those years: Bridgeport. Nothing a guy called Twallan couldn't handle though: have been playing that world for months and months in a row now.

I did not quit the game in August 2009. I own all of the expansions and several stuff packs for TS3. How are we whiners for acknowledging problems with the game? TS3 was not perfect. Also, hypocrisy much? You do the same with TS4, and nobody calls you a whiner. Yet, the moment somebody presents a legitimate complaint of TS3, you immediately jump on them. Additionally, for what its worth, the blank expressions I noted, and robotic movement, is from playing YESTERDAY, with all expansions and patches on a GTX 970. Stuttering and FPS issues are WITH Twallan, and too, from yesterday. There is no reason why TS3 should not be a steady 60FPS+ while playing, when other, newer games with much better graphics all run smoother than that NEVER dipping below 60 FPS.
    Joanne65 wrote:
    Ok, time to leave kindergarten and get some sleep here.

That's quite rude, don't you think? She's presenting some legitimate complaints for the game. Sims did stutter quite often, and did not move as natural as TS2 Sims.

It's okay to strongly like a game, but don't start offending others if they dare say something negative about it, especially if you do that rampantly with TS4 yourself.
    I do? What exactly do I do. Tell people sims in 4 are robotic? Only in reaction to comments like that towards the sims in 3. When someone else brings up the subject I think I'm allowed to share my opinion about that: for me the sims in 4 feel more robotic (in a Stepford Wives sort of way) than sims in 3. And as for kindergarten, that wasn't just aimed at celipoesias. I was mainly referring to what triggered their comments: you telling them that sims in 3 are indeed robotic, 'most of the time, just stare with a very blank expression', 'their head movements aren't smooth or natural-looking, a lot of their animations were recycled', 'to make matters worse, the world, which we assume they focused the most time on, was broken'. I'm sorry, but this factual presenting of opinions and personal experiences (bashing) as if it's the factual truth has been childish and boring from the very day it started. But on top of that you added this sentence: "And yes, I know I'm about to get a reply with 50 TS3 pictures of how one's Sims are "lively" and "emotional". So not only do you feel the need to - for the 100.000th time on these forums - sum up all the cliches about Sims 3 (which is totally off topic here), in the same breath you make sure to silence everyone who could have a different opinion about the matter in a very snarky, unpleasant manner.

ETA: I - by the way - only jump on people when I feel their complaints aren't legitimate. If Sims 3 is criticized for the right reasons, I don't react or I agree. In my opinion Sims 4 is quite often simply critiqued for the right reasons. If people don't agree they're welcome to counterpose and prove me wrong, I won't ridicule that like you did.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    True, that's so much better in Sims 2, where I can choose out of a wide range of options: slim and fat. Slim being slim, fat being not so slim (but far from fat). And at least when I create a fat sim in Sims 3 I get a real fat sim. Not a fat body with a little knob on top of it like in Sims 4 and a six pack on a big belly. And build mode was the same? Sims 2 has CASt? Must have missed it.

@JoAnne65 When I said "Basically, you can only change in depth the face", automatically I was covering the wide varieties of sliders available for facial modification. But basically, it's just that I can modify in depth. I have not the power to modify every detail of the body, unless I use a mod for it. And I said "Finally, the build mode is almost the same as The Sims 2" and not only "is the same", Because I considered a few improvements that have been made, such as: ability to pull walls and objects go together, and also the create-a-style tool. But basically, these were the improvements that have been made. Nothing very substantial. Change the colors and textures of a house is wonderful, but the entire system of previous tools was an exact copy of The Sims 2. The build mode only get new features after some expansions, and even then, were few. Although some tools have been absent in The Sims 4 for a while, and recently added again, despite not having a CAST, I can create houses with greater structural and small details with ornaments through the build mode, which did not exist before in TS2 or TS3. Because even not having brought some earlier tools, it was the most innovated, improved and brought features and facilities previously inexistent.

If you don't to say "Create-a-Style", there will be almost nothing different that you can do in the build mode from The Sims 3 Base Game , because it is just a copy from The Sims 2. The difference is the UI. xD
    Possibly, I've only built one house in Sims 2 so I don't know what the possibilities are exactly. Just that building bored me like it does in Sims 4 because CASt is extremely important for me while building (which I never realized untill I played Sims 2 and 4). No big deal really, that as such is no dealbreaker for me (I love people's creations in the gallery) but nevertheless it's clearly important enough to turn me from an avid builder (TS3) into a non builder (TS4). I love the tools in Sims 4 build mode, they are among the things I miss when I play Sims 3. Sims 3 build mode can irritate me even. Why do we need all kind of cheats for certain things for instance; if it can be done, why do I need cheats, it's so complicated (at the same time it's also a challenge I must add...). It's not enough to quit playing 3 though ;) Apparently creative tools are more important for me than handy tools? I can spend hours decorating just one room.

One thing that holds me back from reinstalling TS2 is the possibility I won't want to play without CASt. However, something that I always loved about TS2 was how when I decided I wanted something I didn't have in my game as far as textures (walls, floors, furniture, clothes, etc.) I could just close out my game and make them. Even from the start we had BodyShop and could manipulate clothing textures. Then we had a tool for making floors and walls. For furniture textures we had to use SimPE but it wasn't hard to learn.

Creativity is an important aspect of a Sims game for me and is something that keeps me going in most games I play. To that end CASt is one of the most wonderful things ever and I can't imagine myself intentionally spending money on a newer Sims game that didn't have it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @JoAnne65 is usually more than willing to point out or accept that previous versions have faults. Most people are. However, I believe she took exception to what she referred to as nit-picking.

I myself get utterly tired of reading the term "robotic" applied to Sims 3. As if other versions sims aren't. They are. In Sims 2, less so. I believe 4 has far FAR more half-witted facial expressions than 3. Sims look like utter 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in TS4 when they make that ridiculous cross-eyed face, or that inane vapid smile when they idle.

Also, just because @celipoesias can't see a freeze in a two second clip, doesn't mean that no one else ever has any. That's like @Scobre telling you that she if she had no issues with TS3 University, it means you are mistaken and didn't "suffer" anything when you played it as you apparently claim.

I don't see how it was nitpicking at all. @celipoesias gave her opinion, and linked an image to back it up. "Nit-picking" is no justification for calling somebody a kindergartner, and dismissing their claims.

What, do you not think pro-TS4 players are tired of reading our complaints about the game too, and don't see the game as we do?

Anyway, the term "robotic" has long been used to describe Sims on multiple reviews, fansites, and the forum. I've been here for years, and the feedback section was chock full of criticism of how the Sims looked/behaved. That's why they went with the approach they did with TS4, and aimed to make Sims more expressive. It was a large complaint of TS3. I don't think they necessarily achieved what we were looking for, though.
    Calling sims robotic based on a sim pausing a fraction of a second longer than a sim in another game during two particular animations I consider nitpicking. This I don't consider nitpicking in the 'robotic' department:

talk_zpswxlxpwpw.png

(include the figure doing push ups their there to my peeves list)

That's staring me in the face constantly when I play. Or them talking back to back, not at all adressing each other. Have you ever seen people on YouTube imitating sims in Sims 2? They move like robots, taking sharp turns. Sims do have a rather stiff way of moving, especially in comparison to other games I see my son playing. I don't know why that is but I'm sure there's a reason. Sims in 4 move much more smoothly, but unfortunately they have other flaws sims in 2 and 3 don't, that are more bothersome to me personally. Because the kind of robotic behaviour the sims in 4 show somehow is more in my face, like Sims 3's animations apparently were more in your and celipoesias' face.

The point is, this all isn't the subject of this topic at all and I'm surely not bringing it up all the time.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    edited May 2016

I miss CASt too, it’s definitely one of my favourite things in TS3 (and this mod improves it), not only can I match everything and use the exact shade of a colour I need, but also ‘salvage’ some objects – it’s always annoyed me in TS2 that some things are useless just because of their colour/pattern. With CASt I can use everything as long as I like the mesh :) I used to use a bunch of CC in TS3 (I still have all that stuff on my other computer), but when I recently decided to play in almost vanilla game (I need mods and default replacements like skin) I realised how useful CASt is – for example I can create a ton of wallpapers with just one pattern thanks to the colour wheel :) Removing CASt was one of the worst decisions as far as I’m concerned. If they removed it, they should at least try to make up for it – for instance for all wooden items (objects, floors, everything) they should create let’s say 30-50 shades, for each item exactly the same shades, similarly to fabric, plastic etc. – thanks to that it’d be much, much easier to match everything. And as I complained before not allowing to recolour separate parts of an object is – as the title of this topic says – ridiculous. That definitely is a thing they should patch in, but I doubt it’ll happen :/
    As for the differences between build/buy mode in TS2 and 3, there indeed aren’t many of them, but one thing I really like is that I can place things off-grid while pressing alt, and decide about the angle. It’s also nice that I can change the angle to 45° without using any keys and cheats (in TS2 you have to use a cheat and rotate objects with , and . instead of just the mouse), and that some objects don’t take up the ‘full square’ of the lot grid, but also 1/4 or 1/2.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Voeille wrote: »

I miss CASt too, it’s definitely one of my favourite things in TS3 (and this mod improves it), not only can I match everything and use the exact shade of a colour I need, but also ‘salvage’ some objects – it’s always annoyed me in TS2 that some things are useless just because of their colour/pattern. With CASt I can use everything as long as I like the mesh :) I used to use a bunch of CC in TS3 (I still have all that stuff on my other computer), but when I recently decided to play in almost vanilla game (I need mods and default replacements like skin) I realised how useful CASt is – for example I can create a ton of wallpapers with just one pattern thanks to the colour wheel :) Removing CASt was one of the worst decisions as far as I’m concerned. If they removed it, they should at least try to make up for it – for instance for all wooden items (objects, floors, everything) they should create let’s say 30-50 shades, for each item exactly the same shades, similarly to fabric, plastic etc. – thanks to that it’d be much, much easier to match everything. And as I complained before not allowing to recolour separate parts of an object is – as the title of this topic says – ridiculous. That definitely is a thing they should patch in, but I doubt it’ll happen :/
    As for the differences between build/buy mode in TS2 and 3, there indeed aren’t many of them, but one thing I really like is that I can place things off-grid while pressing alt, and decide about the angle. It’s also nice that I can change the angle to 45° without using any keys and cheats (in TS2 you have to use a cheat and rotate objects with , and . instead of just the mouse), and that some objects don’t take up the ‘full square’ of the lot grid, but also 1/4 or 1/2.

I'm the same way with TS3. I don't have a lot of CC because with CASt I don't need it to make things look like I want them to look. What CC I do have fills in spaces where the game lacks, like decorative objects and more storage containers. I was all kinds of tickled when I discovered in later expansion packs that most of the new things that came with stencils also had an option without. Way too many of the early assets had stencils on them. I also recently discovered that mod to remove them and I love it!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Seriously, you two, this is getting old @JoAnne65 @Sk8rblaze.

Jo, you just said yourself that *you* find TS4 sims robotic (nothing wrong with that) can't you just accept how Sk8rblaze feels about TS3 sims? You don't have to take it so... Personal. Just because somebody else finds fault with something you like it doesn't have to make it any less on your eyes. To you.

All these snidey, back handed comments and insults are tiresome. If anything more so than the actual, genuine complaints. I seem to read more arguments than I do actual grievances. Of course, I too and probably guilty of this but it doesn't make it any less bothersome.

Imo, you're two of the more level headed people on this site. Agree to disagree before this all just starts to get petty. We're all friends here, right? I've seen most of you posting for quite some time (not that it matters) so I would hope we are!

--T
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    To7m wrote: »

Jo, you just said yourself that *you* find TS4 sims robotic (nothing wrong with that) can't you just accept how Sk8rblaze feels about TS3 sims? You don't have to take it so... Personal. Just because somebody else finds fault with something you like it doesn't have to make it any less on your eyes. To you.

All these snidey, back handed comments and insults are tiresome. If anything more so than the actual, genuine complaints. I seem to read more arguments than I do actual grievances. Of course, I too and probably guilty of this but it doesn't make it any less bothersome.

Imo, you're two of the more level headed people on this site. Agree to disagree before this all just starts to get petty. We're all friends here, right? I've seen most of you posting for quite some time (not that it matters) so I would hope we are!

--T
    First, I really appreciate your post and in general completely agree with it. I'm not taking the 'robotic' remarks personal though, it's just not like that for me. In fact the first remark I made in this topic about that was how I understood people feeling that way.

"As for robotic, I think what people are referring to there (and I actually can relate to that) is what happens in between animations. Players like me aren't bothered by that, because I constantly control them, so they move from animation to animation constantly."

That's just my opinion about the matter, nothing personal about it (well, it's my personal perception but I understand others feel differently). It became personal when anyone disagreeing was ridiculed in advance if they'd post 50 pictures of how sims are 'lively' and 'emotional'. A direct reference to what happened earlier in the discussion when I placed x pictures of the two games to make my point (still think I made it :p ).

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned we do as you suggest, leave it at this and go back on topic ;)

P.s. The kindergarten remark btw was rather referring to topics constantly turning into some kind of silly battle between the versions which I find highly annoying, than to persons in particular.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

--T
    First, I really appreciate your post and in general completely agree with it. I'm not taking the 'robotic' remarks personal though, it's just not like that for me. In fact the first remark I made in this topic about that was how I understood people feeling that way.

"As for robotic, I think what people are referring to there (and I actually can relate to that) is what happens in between animations. Players like me aren't bothered by that, because I constantly control them, so they move from animation to animation constantly."

That's just my opinion about the matter, nothing personal about it (well, it's my personal perception but I understand others feel differently). It became personal when anyone disagreeing was ridiculed in advance if they'd post 50 pictures of how sims are 'lively' and 'emotional'. A direct reference to what happened earlier in the discussion when I placed x pictures of the two games to make my point (still think I made it :p ).

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned we do as you suggest, leave it at this and go back on topic ;)

P.s. The kindergarten remark btw was rather referring to topics constantly turning into some kind of silly battle between the versions which I find highly annoying, than to persons in particular.

:blush:

--T
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Can people agree that the only robotic Sims in TS3 are Simbots? ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    And plumbots. :) I actually think the Plumbots were testers for the Sims 4 Sims. Like Into the Future, Plumbots were the future for the Sims. I mean both have limited trait slots that don't really do much. I actually call Sims 4 Sims Plumbots because they are so much alike.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre Interesting points. I don't know if anyone else noticed that before. I guess that ITF focused on extreme modern stuff like TS4 seems to have a lot of
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre Interesting points. I don't know if anyone else noticed that before. I guess that ITF focused on extreme modern stuff like TS4 seems to have a lot of
    Yep, the Sims 4 very much feels like an Into the Future Utopia spin-off world for me. Very perfect and very modern and very robotic.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre Well there is a space ship and apparently an alien 'world' or lot which seems to show that ITF was in fact providing hints from the get up
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I can work with that lol.

--T
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    But some people do not seem to accept that the previous generation also has fails. :smiley:

I have yet to see anyone who has said that Sims, Sims 2, and Sims 3 were 100% problem and issue free. Each game had issues, and none of them were every perfect. So what are you trying to say?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

step-up-3d-robot-rock-o_zpsz9h58k7q.gif
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!