Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

1141516171820...Next

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    I feel like a lame for not playing the game but remaining on the forums, but custom down, It's a bad habit. :disappointed:

Not my fault they made the most bogus game I could have ever played and wasted $210 dollars on through the packs.
    Lol you're not the only one, I spend more time downloading CC and posting here than playing
    I know I could easily head to another section but I'm just used to the TS4 one now :p
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • siruspoigsiruspoig Posts: 45 Member
    Shakuahi wrote: »

It's been two years with Sims 4 and you guys still refuses to listen fans voice. We ask for toddlers, seasons, real supernatural characters, pets and what we received in return? Yoga, muffins and molecular cooking. Awesome. I'm playing legacy challenge now, I'm on 4th Generation and all what I can do is repeating same activities over and over again. Same diner party, same job, too little random events and suprises. It's been two years and we still don't have any expansion pack which truly changes gameplay. It's simply sad, that creators refuses to listen fans voice, especially the elder ones - we want more challenging game, more secrets to discover (remember Sims 2 and wonderful family histories? I really miss this kind of stuff) more game changing random events. Now game is too repeteable to enjoy. And there is no amount of ice cream flavours which can change that.

I hear you, and share some of your views, but saying that none of the expansion packs change the game-play is a bit harsh. Get to work was a game changer in that it finally allows us to follow our sims to work! We've been wanting that for years and they finally did it! I really hope they have something in the pipelines that blow everything out of the water, Fingers crossed.
    jVeZzD.gif
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    GTW wasn't really a game changer it was an amalgamation of Open For Business and Ambitions (the first time we actually went to work with our Sims) GTW is far too repetitive, doing the same tasks over at every level until you get bored within 30 minutes, but then I suppose that fits into the whole Sims 4 experience anyway...
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2016
    GTW wasn't really a game changer it was an amalgamation of Open For Business and Ambitions (the first time we actually went to work with our Sims) GTW is far too repetitive, doing the same tasks over at every level until you get bored within 30 minutes, but then I suppose that fits into the whole Sims 4 experience anyway...

I can't even call it a remake of OFB. It feels like the retail features were shoehorned in last minute to create some kind of appeal in the EP. Almost everything about them makes me feel as if they were rushed in. One of the most obvious examples is the fact they didn't take the time to create a register and line/queue system for the Sims to wait before purchasing. How the heck do you create a retail system without at least taking some kind of effort in making decent, normal cash registers?

In TS2, we had all of that, and employees would have to work at their "Register Talent" (one of MANY business-related skills) to ring customers out faster. Low leveled ones would take forever, and struggle/worry as they rang customers out, and Sims would get all annoyed when waiting in long lines. It could potentially affect your business, and customer loyalty. Then there were all sorts of registers you could buy to fit in with the theme of your business, be it modern or a classic, small shop. The Sims 4 approach? Oh let's just reuse the tablet mesh we have in game already, and have their Sims do some weird looking gestures on the screen -- easy! You Rule!
  • StarbucksLover05StarbucksLover05 Posts: 87 Member
    THANK. YOU. I hate how I'm stuck waiting for an ep that could be complete trash for all I know. EA, Maxis, please tell us when you first decide on the ep rather than telling us weeks later.
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2016
    uryga wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake we suffer the consequences of the abduction rate being lowered & our gameplay is impacted as they barely occur. I felt that the 'fix' was geared to certain players instead of having a compromise that suited all players (such as a button to turn aliens on/off as we had in TS3).

you can have abductions if you turn it on with the radar dish.

Not in my game; it doesn't work. I wasn't having any abductions after that patch & I tried all the tips other Simmers provided. But that wasn't my point. My point was that, in my opinion, the game was released a specific way & changed to ONLY accommodate the players that thought abductions were too high. We all have different play styles. Why not find solutions that accommodate all players? I was actually surprised that was the solution considering we've seen it in TS3 where we had a options to turn on/off different life states.

It seems like they have too much and then when we complain about it they set it to little or off, they have to start making it balance and in between.even
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @SimGuruDrake we suffer the consequences of the abduction rate being lowered & our gameplay is impacted as they barely occur. I felt that the 'fix' was geared to certain players instead of having a compromise that suited all players (such as a button to turn aliens on/off as we had in TS3).

Not in my game; it doesn't work. I wasn't having any abductions after that patch & I tried all the tips other Simmers provided. But that wasn't my point. My point was that, in my opinion, the game was released a specific way & changed to ONLY accommodate the players that thought abductions were too high. We all have different play styles. Why not find solutions that accommodate all players? I was actually surprised that was the solution considering we've seen it in TS3 where we had a options to turn on/off different life states.

It seems like they have too much and then when we complain about it they set it to little or off, they have to start making it balance and in between.even

While I appreciate all comments this thread is a little outdated. Even though, as the OP, the reason for this thread is still an ongoing issue.

--T
  • urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2016
    To7m wrote: »

While I appreciate all comments this thread is a little outdated. Even though, as the OP, the reason for this thread is still an ongoing issue.

--T

Good to know, as of late I have been enjoying the game, it still needs some fixes here and there, but with any Good game. the fine tuning.
    Close it out then
    Post edited by uryga on