Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• Options
    simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Lets CRY together-gether. Maybe they're lazy.T_T
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    What is happening to the Sims? Is my favourite series dying :( I hope not because there is such a fan base... guess if Sims 4 dies I still got Sims 3 and Sims 2..
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The dream of generations being revealed this year is crushed.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    The tragic clown must be hiding somewhere in here...
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    People need to keep in mind that they are shifting a lot of things around. Schedules have changed to give T2 priority for release, there have been many ongoing renovations at EA and especially in the sims stupid and Maxis have been hiring quite a few people so they have to get them settled in. And like Jackjack keeps telling people. It's something that happened in TS3 too. A year or so after the release of TS3 there a lot of internal changes and shifting that caused months to go by without any actual packs.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    People need to keep in mind that they are shifting a lot of things around. Schedules have changed to give T2 priority for release, there have been many ongoing renovations at EA and especially in the sims stupid and Maxis have been hiring quite a few people so they have to get them settled in. And like Jackjack keeps telling people. It's something that happened in TS3 too. A year or so after the release of TS3 there a lot of internal changes and shifting that caused months to go by without any actual packs.

Yes I agree, but at the same time, if this happened before, you would think that they would have learned from it so it would not take forever to get news of any kind to the fans.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Guys they have nothing in hand to show off for E3 or EA Play. Unless you are desperate to see Rachel Franklin again clapping and dancing!!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Great, that means they don't need to wait for EA Play to announce the next EP :p

Good point on that -- they could have another "mini-trailer" like they did for the next GP and SP with the EP and SP(s) coming in the next quarter (July-September).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    This Is called, Graciousness by EA.

" Us, MAXIS , would like to say that no matter what you put on the Sims Forums will not entirely contribute to the Sims 4. We're building and promoting the game how we would like the game to go, you guys only provide feedback, Ideas, and glitches/problems that the Sims team can fix."

Cause tech, that's hellishly what It sounds and looks like. Like we're just people on a forum helping them promote even more. Like, I don't understand. Why this Is game going soooo bad, why did you guys even continue the 4th series If It wasn't even close to good? Infact, whoever put the time restriction on the team, definitely needs a pay leave. This right here Is not how you treat your audience of two thirds? If anything, that should let everyone know that this game Is building In players, but not building In satisfaction. How would I know? Look at this forum, the disappointment Is real.

Where's this quote from?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    To be fair and for those who want to know - EA did seem to give Sims 4 a positive report for "the end of the fiscal year" conference call yesterday.

Now that is done, perhaps Maxis was just waiting for the new budget - as that may have been holding them up even. Who knows.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wasn't expecting them to show up for E3. This EA Play seems to be their little kick off to E3. The crowd that attends E3 is not really a simmer type crowd sooo yeah.

Why do you want them there? Do you want to see Rachel dance on stage again? Thank you EA for saving us and them the embarrassment.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Isn't EA Play about paying a fee to play games on Origin? Or am I confused about something else? I barely read news on Origin and may have gotten the two things mixed up. But if so, what would TS4 have to do with EA Play if I'm not confused.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Isn't EA Play about paying a fee to play games on Origin? Or am I confused about something else? I barely read news on Origin and may have gotten the two things mixed up. But if so, what would TS4 have to do with EA Play if I'm not confused.
    EA Play is basically EAs own version of E3. Instead of holding a conference at E3 they have their own thing to talk about upcoming stuff.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member

Apparently it's there version of E3, looks like all the budget for marketing as gone to Mass Effect and Star Wars Battlefront 2.
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    EA Play is basically EAs own version of E3. Instead of holding a conference at E3 they have their own thing to talk about upcoming stuff.

LMAO so they are trying to be like Blizzard with Blizzcon. Are they still attending E3?
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I already thought they said they wouldn't be there months ago..Oh well, I wasn't expecting it. They are doing the new teaser things at the beginning of each quarter that give us a sneak peak of what is coming for those quarterly months. June falls into the current one, right? They said they can't talk about future stuff until the next quarter. What would they talk about at this EA Play? The Kid SP? Not event worthy if you ask me.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    edited May 2016
    knazzer wrote: »

Apparently it's there version of E3, looks like all the budget for marketing as gone to Mass Effect and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

They freaking better start putting some marketing money into MEA. Their marketing for that game is resembling TS4 waaaay too much for my comfort.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm looking forward to some type of MEA news too
    keekee53 wrote: »
    LMAO so they are trying to be like Blizzard with Blizzcon. Are they still attending E3?
    I don't think they do anymore.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

" Us, MAXIS , would like to say that no matter what you put on the Sims Forums will not entirely contribute to the Sims 4. We're building and promoting the game how we would like the game to go, you guys only provide feedback, Ideas, and glitches/problems that the Sims team can fix."

Cause tech, that's hellishly what It sounds and looks like. Like we're just people on a forum helping them promote even more. Like, I don't understand. Why this Is game going soooo bad, why did you guys even continue the 4th series If It wasn't even close to good? Infact, whoever put the time restriction on the team, definitely needs a pay leave. This right here Is not how you treat your audience of two thirds? If anything, that should let everyone know that this game Is building In players, but not building In satisfaction. How would I know? Look at this forum, the disappointment Is real.

Where's this quote from?

You completely misread what I said..." THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS AND LOOKS LIKE.", It's called Mimicking.
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to some type of MEA news too
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I don't think they do anymore.

Wow thanks for the info. I thought there were still going to attend.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

Where's this quote from?

You completely misread what I said..." THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS AND LOOKS LIKE.", It's called Mimicking.

Oops. I completely misread it also. :p
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @simgirl1010 It's fine.
  • Options

Where's this quote from?

Ah, I see. That "Cause tech..." was referring to the quoted part. I didn't actually understand what you were saying with that, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top