Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

191011121315...Next

Comments

• HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    If you're unhappy with it, the onus is on you to try and change it. Don't expect me to be up in arms over something you dislike. Your problems and issues are completely irrelevant to me.

Yet when we try to change it with honest feedback we're labeled as haters and "not true Sims players." Hey, I haven't spent a penny on TS4 so I AM voting with my wallet. The reason I'm so passionate about it is that I loved the franchise and wanted to see it improve, not turn into -- my opinion only, so it will be completely irrelevant to you -- a glowy Disney princess world populated by Sims whose idea of emotions is crossing their eyes, playing musical chairs with a huge glassy stare and grin on their faces, and not caring that their relationships get randomly culled.

And whenever people make a valid point in favor of TS4, we're written off as cheerleaders, sheep, and as "EA fanboys who'll blindly buy anything with the word Sims on it."
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    We have a majority of 2016 to get through yet, there's plenty of time for another EP. I don't even remember the release of the last one, the date. Just play the game!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @aaronjc123, when I said, "because I have more than two braincells," I was not alluding in any fashion to players who like the game. Putting down players who like the game is not my thing. I don't do that. I was speaking of myself only, and remarking on the patterns I notice. Pick your fight elsewhere.

Of course you were - very convenient cop-out. Insult people and then pretend you weren't at all, therefore making the other person look like the one 'searching for a fight'.

I'm not looking for a fight - If I wanted a fight, I'd ask to meet you in person. This is an internet forum - people don't 'fight'. :#

I'm not accusing anyone of being a 'Sim-hater' - but I do think a lot of people on here are extremely pathetic.

I wonder how long it would before I got a warning if I said that? Not long I can assure you.

Okay.. and? It's only an internet forum.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @aaronjc123, when I said, "because I have more than two braincells," I was not alluding in any fashion to players who like the game. Putting down players who like the game is not my thing. I don't do that. I was speaking of myself only, and remarking on the patterns I notice. Pick your fight elsewhere.

Of course you were - very convenient cop-out. Insult people and then pretend you weren't at all, therefore making the other person look like the one 'searching for a fight'.

I'm not looking for a fight - If I wanted a fight, I'd ask to meet you in person. This is an internet forum - people don't 'fight'. :#

I'm not accusing anyone of being a 'Sim-hater' - but I do think a lot of people on here are extremely pathetic.

Of course you're looking for a fight....as in argument or maybe just wanting to continue to insult people? That's what people are doing when they take the words of others and twist them to suit their needs.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I feel like this thread should be closed down...people are getting to angry....
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

I wonder how long it would before I got a warning if I said that? Not long I can assure you.

I posted about this in another thread. Let someone with a different opinion have a say and you get bombarded with insults. Defend yourself and they go crying to the SimGurus. The SimGurus act on their word. Tsk.

Ironically, the "haters" are considered crybabies. LOL
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

I posted about this in another thread. Let someone with a different opinion have a say and you get bombarded with insults. Defend yourself and they go crying to the SimGurus. The SimGurus act on their word. Tsk.

Ironically, the "haters" are considered crybabies. LOL

Yeah, we've watched it a long time here.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I feel like this thread should be closed down...people are getting to angry....

This is the Internet...no reason to get angry. I know I'm not. People just like to start drama and love the anonymity of it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited May 2016
    I have no desire to go 'crying to the SimGurus', so don't worry. This forum would probably be a better place if people weren't so easily offended - even simple words are censored with a 'plum'.

I guess that's the pitfall of having a forum full of children though (and adults who behave like children).
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I just don't understand why we can't accept that people have different opinions, especially about the Sims as we all play differently (that's the greatness of the Sims franchise, you can be a builder, a family player, a fantasy player etc). No opinion is better or worse. It would be nice, if people could be respectful (no insults and no rudeness).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    We have a majority of 2016 to get through yet, there's plenty of time for another EP. I don't even remember the release of the last one, the date. Just play the game!

Dec. And nine months since last GP. Been slim pickings for sure.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    If you're unhappy with it, the onus is on you to try and change it. Don't expect me to be up in arms over something you dislike. Your problems and issues are completely irrelevant to me.

Yet when we try to change it with honest feedback we're labeled as haters and "not true Sims players." Hey, I haven't spent a penny on TS4 so I AM voting with my wallet. The reason I'm so passionate about it is that I loved the franchise and wanted to see it improve, not turn into -- my opinion only, so it will be completely irrelevant to you -- a glowy Disney princess world populated by Sims whose idea of emotions is crossing their eyes, playing musical chairs with a huge glassy stare and grin on their faces, and not caring that their relationships get randomly culled.

And whenever people make a valid point in favor of TS4, we're written off as cheerleaders, sheep, and as "EA fanboys who'll blindly buy anything with the word Sims on it."

Not whenever. When people literally say, "I don't care what it is, if it's for The Sims I'll buy it," or when they say, "The game is really boring but I think you should buy it and try it," well, if the shoe fits....
    edited May 2016
    I just don't understand why we can't accept that people have different opinions, especially about the Sims as we all play differently (that's the greatness of the Sims franchise, you can be a builder, a family player, a fantasy player etc). No opinion is better or worse. It would be nice, if people could be respectful (no insults and no rudeness).

Oh, differing opinions don't bother me at all - if people don't like TS4 then that's fine. People can think it's the worst game ever made and it wouldn't bother me at all. That is blatantly not the issue I have. I'm not buying TS4 while complaining about how boring it is - otherwise I wouldn't waste my money. I didn't buy GTW precisely because I didn't like the look of it. I bought Get Together because it looked interesting, and I enjoy it. Simple as.

Why? Because some people can't accept others opinions as possibly having some truth.

Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    *sighs* For goodness sakes, quit it.

@SimStaffBethelle @SimGuruDrake
    edited May 2016

Why? Because some people can't accept others opinions as possibly having some truth.

Oh, for goodness sakes - we're talking about a video game here. I have no vested interests in its success - I have no emotional attachment to it. Why would I waste my time trying to defend something that I don't like? I've been playing The Sims for the best part of 12 years - I owned every single expansion pack for TS2 - so I'm fully aware of how it stacks up.

Pointing out flaws in a game, is fine. Trying to tell others that they are wrong for liking a game, isn't fine. It's silly. I'm not even really defending TS4 at all - I'm defending the right of other people to enjoy it without partonising individuals wading in and telling them that they're wrong.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I think we've run out of things to discuss about the OP, so @SimGuruDrake and @SimStaffBethelle it might be time to close this before it gets any worse than it actually is.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png

Oh, for goodness sakes - we're talking about a video game here. I have no vested interests in its success or not - I have no emotional attachment to it. Why would I waste my time trying to defend something that I don't like? I've been playing The Sims for the best part of 12 years.

Why did you take my post as referring to you? I made a simple blanket statement and you automatically assume that it's you.

Oh, for goodness sakes - we're talking about a video game here. I have no vested interests in its success or not - I have no emotional attachment to it. Why would I waste my time trying to defend something that I don't like? I've been playing The Sims for the best part of 12 years.

Why did you take my post as referring to you? I made a simple blanket statement and you automatically assume that it's you.

Exactly - a blanket statement. Vague in nature. I don't know if you were referring to me or not - that's up to you to clarify.
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »

Off topic, I know, but blewis, can I just say that I love Prince and my heart bleeds purple :( Is your avatar in the gallary?

I got the sim from sim4areason's tumblr. The rest is CC I've added once I downloaded the sim. Hope that helps.

Both our hearts are in purple rain mode, I guess. My mood hasn't improved since he died. :(

Thanks!! I'll go look for it now...I haven't been the same either and I pray the cause wasn't what they are saying, because that is preventable :(
    edited May 2016
    edit post
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Well... This thread lasted much longer than I expected.

--T
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I am closing this thread as it has derailed from the original topic of discussion.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top