Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Waited 4 THAT "Announcement"?

I have seriously been trying to hang in there with my favorite game franchise ever...but it's starting to get disheartening. We'll see what the "Restaurant Pack" has to offer but it's starting to seem like the same things are being offered with slightly different animations. I am starting to give up on seasons, not to mention pets and toddlers. I suppose they're doing what's best for their company but it's just a little let down to 10+ year veteran Simmers. :-/
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    They'll probably save the EP announcement for EA play. We're only two expansions in so there's still plenty of time for seasons and pets to come (I'm not sure how soon they'll come out though...)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes, we did. And even if some of us didn't, we have it anyway. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It wasn't an announcement in the first place....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Isn't it great? They did give us something and we did want to know something. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    I view teasers like the old Sims leaflets, so I'm quite happy with these sneak previews, plus I begged SimGuruDrake's wall for a preview like this, so I'm happy she listened.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2016
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I have been playing this game since I was a kid so The Sims holds a special place in my heart! But just everything so far that has been happening with this particular iteration has just got me shaking my head. You'd think EA would learn by now on how to market their games correctly and what to do and not to do. This teaser/announcement/whatever it is was, in my opinion, was unnecessary it could have easily been said in a few tweets and screenshots. They could have also released this video ages ago or told us this information a lot sooner without being vague and cryptic about what the packs were.
  • Options
    geekchic96 wrote: »
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I have been playing this game since I was a kid so The Sims holds a special place in my heart! But just everything so far that has been happening with this particular iteration has just got me shaking my head. You'd think EA would learn by now on how to market their games correctly and what to do and not to do. This teaser/announcement/whatever it is was, in my opinion, was unnecessary it could have easily been said in a few tweets and screenshots. They could have also told us released this video ages ago or told us this information a lot sooner without being vague and cryptic about what the packs were.

They just came up with this way of releasing teaser so they couldn't have "done it a lot sooner". That's what teasers are vague and cryptic. I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I was hoping they're talk about future stuff- but I forget this is Maxis/EA and it's what I will expect from them from now until forever- Ads, small ads. Woot! -for something thought, right? :(
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Better than nothing.
    But it's really too short. :'(
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I literally see the same thing EVERY game.

The Sims 4 will be around for 6 years. Maybe even longer, if they decide to stick with it. We are 19 months in. Still plenty of time for Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Toddlers, Harry Potter, Blues Clues, Wizard of Oz, Choc Chip Pancakes to be added.
  • Options
    I agree with you whole-heartedly! I have been playing this game since I was a kid so The Sims holds a special place in my heart! But just everything so far that has been happening with this particular iteration has just got me shaking my head. You'd think EA would learn by now on how to market their games correctly and what to do and not to do. This teaser/announcement/whatever it is was, in my opinion, was unnecessary it could have easily been said in a few tweets and screenshots. They could have also told us released this video ages ago or told us this information a lot sooner without being vague and cryptic about what the packs were.

They just came up with this way of releasing teaser so they couldn't have "done it a lot sooner". That's what teasers are vague and cryptic. I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.

All of that tiny bit of information that was in the video could have easily, like I said, been put out in a tweet by the official sims 4 twitter months ago. We should not, as paying costumers, wait months just for a teaser. And I was not saying that the teaser was being vague and cryptic the gurus on twitter were with their hashtag game.

And about your little dig at me for complaining, I have not once come on this forum and complained about the lack of news because honestly I don't care that much and even if I did @AquaSimmer1212 I am free to complain as much or as little as I want because I am providing feedback on a game that I have spent a lot of money on and that I want to see be successful.

First of all I never said YOU personally were complaining. I said people, whether or not you added yourself to that group was up to you. Which you obviously did, so good for you.

• Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

The Sims 4 will be around for 6 years. Maybe even longer, if they decide to stick with it. We are 19 months in. Still plenty of time for Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Toddlers, Harry Potter, Blues Clues, Wizard of Oz, Choc Chip Pancakes to be added.

Oh no Blues Clues! I just had serious flashback of my children making me watch that and sing along with them XDD
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options

All of that tiny bit of information that was in the video could have easily, like I said, been put out in a tweet by the official sims 4 twitter months ago. We should not, as paying costumers, wait months just for a teaser. And I was not saying that the teaser was being vague and cryptic the gurus on twitter were with their hashtag game.

And about your little dig at me for complaining, I have not once come on this forum and complained about the lack of news because honestly I don't care that much and even if I did @AquaSimmer1212 I am free to complain as much or as little as I want because I am providing feedback on a game that I have spent a lot of money on and that I want to see be successful.

First of all I never said YOU personally were complaining. I said people, whether or not you added yourself to that group was up to you. Which you obviously did, so good for you.

First of all I don't want any type of praises from you. Second of all that complaining that you seem to dislike so much is what makes things good Endless praises aren't what make improvements to any product at all. Which is the main reason why Get Together was delayed because of peoples complaints. It was improved because of them. Just think about that next time before you start making snide remarks about complaints.

There's a difference between complaining about a 2+ minute launch trailer and a 15 second teaser trailer. And I didn't make any snide remarks as you say, but w.e. think what you want. I really don't care.

• Options
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake

Since my thread was closed I'm posting in this one - I want to clarify that I was not blaming Sim Guru Drake for anything - she was simply the one who let us know there would be an announcement so I replied to her. I certainly meant no offence nor anything personal. I was talking to Maxis.

For me the issue is not that a restaurant pack were confirmed or the kids stuff pack.

It's the silence about major missing features that maxis just seems bent on not talking about, even though it seems to be hurting the games reputation, future etc, not to mention EA itself.

I didn't even want a video. I wanted to know what was going to be done about all the bugs, why all the silence, plans for the future for sims 4.

Will it continue to be developed in the same way it is now with the shallow and broken gameplay? Will toddlers be added? Is generations type content in the works? Will anything ever be overhauled?

That's where I was coming from, I thought lines of communication might open in that sort of way and they haven't.

It's nice to see what's coming - video isn't my favourite format especially when it's so fast you can barely see anything.

I certainly think was not expecting a large detailed video about upcoming packs or expansions. More like a, "we are going to stop acting the ways that have been upsetting to so many people, and here's why we did act that way" announcement

:(

This is exactly what I thought we were going to get! I could honestly careless about the upcoming packs I just want to know what is going on that is causing these problems. This is the type of transparency that I want. Because I seriously do not want to leave The Sims 4 but I am inching closer and closer to that possibility. The only thing that is making me stay with this franchise as of now is my fond memories of playing The Sims when I was young and how much joy it brought me. Does EA not understand that they are potentially losing their customers with this behavior or do they not care?
  • Options

First of all I don't want any type of praises from you. Second of all that complaining that you seem to dislike so much is what makes things good Endless praises aren't what make improvements to any product at all. Which is the main reason why Get Together was delayed because of peoples complaints. It was improved because of them. Just think about that next time before you start making snide remarks about complaints.

There's a difference between complaining about a 2+ minute launch trailer and a 15 second teaser trailer. And I didn't make any snide remarks as you say, but w.e. think what you want. I really don't care.

There is no difference at all @AquaSimmer1212 none. 2 minutes, 2 hours, 15 seconds it doesn't matter. People are expressing their dissatisfaction and/or their praise no matter what. Last time I checked there was no rule on what a paying customer could expresses their feedback on. And a snide remark is when you make an underhanded statement in an indirect way about someone that is mocking or derogatory and I quote
    I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.
  • Options

There is no difference at all @AquaSimmer1212 none. 2 minutes, 2 hours, 15 seconds it doesn't matter. People are expressing their dissatisfaction and/or their praise no matter what. Last time I checked there was no rule on what a paying customer could expresses their feedback on. And a snide remark is when you make an underhanded statement in an indirect way about someone that is mocking or derogatory and I quote
    I swear people complain they aren't getting any news, they get some, and they still complain.

Are you done? Because I am with this conversation. Bottom line is, people shouldn't be complaining about something they asked for just because it was exactly how they envisioned it to be. End of discussion.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Oh no Blues Clues! I just had serious flashback of my children making me watch that and sing along with them XDD

Look only if the original Steve is in it. I had that flashback too lol...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Look only if the original Steve is in it. I had that flashback too lol...

There's a non-original Steve?!?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Like we said, It's better than nothing but.. I was expecting more.
  • Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I'll be buying the resturant pack probably.