Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Woot! Finally got TS2 to work perfectly for me!!!!1 :mrgreen:
    kCOqTM0.jpg
    Also, sooo much to catch up on in this thread! :D
    Woot congrats! Yeah I gave up reading every page. I just read the last five recent pages and call it good now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Astro wrote: »
    Woot! Finally got TS2 to work perfectly for me!!!!1 :mrgreen:
    kCOqTM0.jpg
    Also, sooo much to catch up on in this thread! :D
    Woot congrats! Yeah I gave up reading every page. I just read the last five recent pages and call it good now.

I may just have to do that. If I read all the pages that I'd missed I'd be reading over 40! Wayyy to much... :D
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Hopefully a little story to make you all smile.

I brought Es a couple of little hamsters for her 3rd birthday, I believe teaching little ones about the care of animals from a young age, how to clean them feed the play with them etc. She loves them and so well behaved with them.

Anyway, my nephew cub (his nickname) has been dying to see the critters, he's such a little lad at 6 he loves mud bugs and anything that's gross and dirty lol. Anyway, he come around and he got to have a hold of Alby and Skits was in the ball. After an half an hour I put them back so they could sleep. And me and cub had a conversation an hour later....

CUB: aunty nini can we get the hamsters out again.
    Me: no sweetheart, they are asleep.
    CUB: why?
    Me: because hamsters are knockturnal, they sleep during the day and are awake at night, so we have to let them sleep.
    CUB: you mean hamsters are like Australian's

I couldn't stop laughing to correct him. He was so innocent when he asked and had no idea why I laughed. I think we have to have a little chat about day and night and timezones next time I see him.

As an Australian, I love this - finally an explanation for why I find it so difficult to sleep at night ;)

Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Hopefully a little story to make you all smile.

I brought Es a couple of little hamsters for her 3rd birthday, I believe teaching little ones about the care of animals from a young age, how to clean them feed the play with them etc. She loves them and so well behaved with them.

Anyway, my nephew cub (his nickname) has been dying to see the critters, he's such a little lad at 6 he loves mud bugs and anything that's gross and dirty lol. Anyway, he come around and he got to have a hold of Alby and Skits was in the ball. After an half an hour I put them back so they could sleep. And me and cub had a conversation an hour later....

CUB: aunty nini can we get the hamsters out again.
    Me: no sweetheart, they are asleep.
    CUB: why?
    Me: because hamsters are knockturnal, they sleep during the day and are awake at night, so we have to let them sleep.
    CUB: you mean hamsters are like Australian's

I couldn't stop laughing to correct him. He was so innocent when he asked and had no idea why I laughed. I think we have to have a little chat about day and night and timezones next time I see him.

awesome!!!
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Hmm. Something's been on my mind lately.

I like the "storytelling" style of play, but I think it's made it hard for me to just play the game (any of them) casually like I used to before I discovered the Sims community a few years ago. The very first challenge I ever did was a legacy and I've been stuck on the same generation for two years now because it eventually felt more like work than play. The only reason I started it was to post a story on the forum I was part of at the time.

Now, I like sharing and being a part of the Sims community (even with its occasional chaos), and I do like being able to look over how far my family has come from the first generation to its current. It just feels like I've dived so far into storytelling, I've forgotten how to just play. Honestly, when I first discovered challenges, I thought that was the point. Somehow, the thought that these challenges don't have to be shared didn't cross my mind because, well, what's the point of a challenge if no one will see it?

Please tell me I'm not alone in feeling like this. Even as I type all this out, I feel like I'm taking something too seriously. >_<

You are not alone. I didn't use to share much at all, still don't really. I share pics and builds and do have a build thread that I on post on occasionally. I tell basics of my stories, but, I don't have a story thread. Mostly because I jump from story to story, to building, back to another story and would probably drive anyone that actually tried to follow me crazy. :open_mouth: When I get bored or when a particular build is driving me bonkers (like the one I just finished and hope to upload soon) I'll shoot things in Fallout4!!! I think one of the things I love about this particular thread is there are so many of us that have different play styles that there is always someone to commiserate with or who will appreciate pics of game play.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Well ... I got a sim in the scientist career. There was a strange light outside ....

abduction_zpsmiugpxw4.jpg

abduction%201_zpsvpgcjvyz.jpg

Have fun on your outer space adventure.
  • Options
    mochachina1mochachina1 Posts: 34 Member
    @KayeStar I know exactly how you feel. I kind of feel the same way about picture editing. I love looking at pictures from other people's gameplay and sharing pics of my own. Lately though I feel so much pressure to pose and edit pictures that it has taken much of the fun out of just playing. I think I'm going to take out most of my mods and cc and just get back to my roots so to speak. Hope you are able to find your joy in just playing again.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi you´ll!

Life goes on at Manderley
    44_zpsnpx21fxh.png

46_zpspli0rnd9.png

43_zpsmu4ha0vm.png

49_zpsxqua5jhm.png

50_zpsu623ivie.png

42_zpsh6z0pexm.png
    and the friendship between the De Winters and the Juncedas has grown
    52_zpso5iybetk.png
    so they have decided to take Noelia after her school hours to help with the two little ones
    47_zpsqbj6edwc.png

45_zpsbcmmaylj.png

48_zpsc0ellmhm.png
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love the baby on the beach blanket ! That's an awesome pic <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    And so ... it continues:

alien%201_zps22l1krsw.jpg
    Honey .... you remember the other night, when I went for my space adventure. I think there is more to it. I have been feeling off for about a day. I am sure it is nothing, it'll pass.

alien%202_zps9dvcasws.jpg
    Maybe we had some bad food or something cause I have been feeling off myself. Everything I've eaten, I have to run to the toilet and throw up. I am sure it will pass baby.

alien%203_zpsxyeccphz.jpg
    It must be love.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    abduction%204_zpsau57wcke.jpg
    Honey, you know that off feeling I had the other day. It ... turned out to be something else.

abduction%203_zpsbeik3i9g.jpg
    Well hon, that off feeling I had the other day ... it turned out to be something else too.

Please don't let either one of you have twins. This actually is one of the things that I wish was handled somehow different. Alien pregnancy and alien babies. It isn't the moms baby, yet she is as happy as a clam about the pregnancy of her husband. When the baby is born, there is never any discord about being step-mom. There is no accusations of cheating or anything of the sort. While no, I don't want the step-mom to hate the alien baby, but at least maybe an anger/jealousy emotion for the duration of the pregnancy ... or the option of be angry/jealous of the pregnancy.

Edit - It did give me a reason to build a new house for them. In the end, I like the house, but hate the lot it is on because there is no gym equipment for children to play on for this section of the neighborhood.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2016
    Here are some pics of Aubrey Saturn's and Elsa Bjergsen's wedding. I named them both Saturn-Bjerg (because Bjergsen didn't fit lol) afterwards:

The day they got engaged.
    5ttff7.jpg

Changing the vows while nobody seems to be able to sit down to watch.
    sd378j.jpg

The wedding cake is finally not invisible anymore!
    29dhlle.jpg

Is this a wedding party or a picnic?!
    2diro6v.jpg

A very public wedding night (Try-for-baby-style!) and a bridal father, who is like "yeah, this is my daughter!!"[(Actually pretty creepy, that he is standing next to her while she has her first woohoo lol)
    2ah8gva.jpg

The wedding dance shows another of TS4's weak points: Dancing together is not really a thing. But at least the sunset is beautiful <3
    znr76p.jpg

I'm interested to see, if these two family oriented sims will have a little Saturn-Bjerg soon.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Please don't let either one of you have twins. This actually is one of the things that I wish was handled somehow different. Alien pregnancy and alien babies. It isn't the moms baby, yet she is as happy as a clam about the pregnancy of her husband. When the baby is born, there is never any discord about being step-mom. There is no accusations of cheating or anything of the sort. While no, I don't want the step-mom to hate the alien baby, but at least maybe an anger/jealousy emotion for the duration of the pregnancy ... or the option of be angry/jealous of the pregnancy.
    If she was a good wife, she would be sympathetic and caring. After all, the poor guy didn't ask to get abducted by aliens and impregnated, did he?

Good luck with not getting twins!!

Anyone seen the new 15 second video? I have a suspicion that they are not even going to include a new bed with that kids stuff pack...
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    As I had low expectations I would say I'm impressed with the 15 second clip, I was expecting a paragraph or two. But a whole clip :)....

I'm glad it's some sort restaurant pack (I'm thinking dates and proposals) and I'm curious about the kids pack. Give them 2 points, it's the first thing I really liked the idea of since spa day.

Though if that's a monster under the bed, best not hope for a swing set....
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I saw the clip. Some new clothes, new skins for pre-existing items, a new divider... I mean, it was only a couple of seconds, so I'm not JUMPING FOR JOY, but hey! At least they're listening to people screaming for more content for their child sims! Let's just hope that there's a TON more in the stuff pack. Wonder what the "gameplay item" is going to be...
  • Options
    I'm just so tired of all the hype. I expected more information after the big deal she made of it. I guess that is what is wrong with me...expectations and I just need to give it up. C'est la vie. That little bit of info will not make me let loose of my cash to buy the base that is for sure.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    With the new "announcement" I'm really amazed the forum isn't busier.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    OMG, I am so sad right now - and feel so guilty!!! I decided to see what it would be like for my sim to see her husband with another woman... she got so jealous and angry and they had a huge row so I made them get divorced... oh, how I wish I hadn't! She is SO sad!!!!!

I was watching her eat her dinner and her lip actually kept trembling! (You can't tell from the pic, of course, but it was).
    04-19-16_7-39-16%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Then she went to cry in bed. Her best friend, Bella invited her to a disco to cheer her up, but it didn't work.
    04-19-16_7-59-03%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Eventually, she just quietly went back home. She tried to eat some supper but started crying at the table.
    04-19-16_8-01-55%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I have to make her happy again! I can't bear her sadness.

Well...to be honest I am thrilled that happened because I did not realize something like that could happen. Maybe they have been tweaking the emotion stuff. How do you keep from having the paintings and other things that change moods?
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @elanorbreton oh my.... I done that many a time with my sims just to give them a bit of drama but I always feel guilty afterwards. Hopefully she will find her true love soon....I hear best friends sims husbands are the best rebound ;)
  • Options
    @Anemone7 beautiful wedding pictures. They had a picnic wedding. Don't need to use the nice tables provided ... the pew benches do just fine.

@elanorbreton I have seen the pouty-lip cry thing before. it is really sad to watch.

@bekkasan It is actually fairly easy to avoid all the items that make the sims flip around on emotions .. or disable the affect.

I watched the new trailer. I think I like the restaurant aspect more than the child stuff pack from just watching the 15 second video.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    With the new "announcement" I'm really amazed the forum isn't busier.

The post was made at 12:11 and on the West Coast it is now 4:28 and there have only been a total of 87 responses. (Like, awesome, insightful) I would think there would be a little more myself if I were a fan of TS4?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Ok I saw the latest news now. I'm loving the new way it is delivered, so I'm very pleased with that. The things for kids look cute and I hope that all the ages can eat at restaurants even though babies probably won't be able to. :( No high chair for them I guess.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    I just had to come back and tell you this one. While there are some that have been looking forward to restaurants and more family/kid play/items, I think GalacticGal said it best about this "announcement"

"Well, basically, it was an announcement for an upcoming announcement. Does anybody else's head hurt over this? :open_mouth:
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    What announcement ? , oh you mean the 2 second one not worth watching, great for those who wanted yet another retail place Not needed, but for the rest of us not great at all, but who cares right.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What announcement ? , oh you mean the 2 second one not worth watching, great for those who wanted yet another retail place Not needed, but for the rest of us not great at all, but who cares right.

Completely underwhelming... Not even a release date????
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top