Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

Comments

• Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not? I wouldn't go believing in everything without official confirmation from the genuine creators.
    Post edited by Kuffi on
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    We will get toddlers and pets and seasons, but they will hold them back keep us waiting. We have always had to wait for the popular Ep's don't know why this still winds people up!
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    For me, I feel Sims 4 is about 1/3 of a great Sims game. Get Together was another 1/3. I don't know what the last 1/3 to make it whole would be, but I don't personally feel it's toddlers and pets. I had no idea that Get Together was going to fill such a hole, so if the gurus know what the extra piece of the puzzle is, that's awesome.

Also, I rather wait for content than have buggy content.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @imhappy Fair points :smile:

Indeed, I would rather a game done properly than one that is rushed and full of bugs.

Oh, and awesome username! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Well now the guy said this could cost him his job...he must've said something that's at least partially true.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Well now the guy said this could cost him his job...he must've said something that's at least partially true.

Or he's been trolling us! Can you imagine? We'll know in a few week I guess!

ETA: I believe the guy was probably saying what he *believed* was the truth. However I don't think The Sims Latam has all the information (particularly as regards what's being developed). They may have info on content that's close to being released (since they are in charge of marketing) but that's it. That is why I believe we may be onto something with the restaurant thing since that pack may be close to be announced/released. I would take the rest of the things he said (about pets or toddlers) with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    If we are being trolled then I would have to say that they are 12 days late. April Fools day is on the 1st, not the 12th ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    yeah whatever I doubt that person knows jack crude
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    @Monkinonk I think that the survey was for long term future content rather than content that was in development. I could be wrong though but it does seem that the surveys where also used as damage control

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm thinking :P, it's certainly for more long term future. The only problem is, this sort of damage control only works short term.
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They have told us before that they are going to add new things into S4 that have never been in any sims game before. GT brought us clubs that we never had before but was not something far out in left field, so I think new things will be added along with things we want from past games done better.
  • Options
    Monkinonk wrote: »
    @Monkinonk I think that the survey was for long term future content rather than content that was in development. I could be wrong though but it does seem that the surveys where also used as damage control

Yeah, that's definitely what I'm thinking :P, it's certainly for more long term future. The only problem is, this sort of damage control only works short term.

Fair ponts.

I myself usually ignore surveys, especially Sims related. Usually what one player wants is totally different to another play so the outcome is always going to leave one group disapointed over another.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    honestly, they should come out and say if they'll have toddlers or not and not string people along and make them hope for something that might never be featured in the game. A LOT of us want toddlers in the game and some don't want them in the game. The silence with this new policy is horrid. i came into the sims game around late night came out and man. i was excited. the feeling when i knew that in a few months that there was an expansion pack was in the mixed it made me happy and i kept watching the trailer waiting for the day that i would go to wal-mart and get the game (which they don't sell in canada anymore you can hardly get any sims 4 games in here but only expansion packs and the one bundle). But the silence it's worries me so about our beloved game. i don't like the silence. and i don't like that they took things out of the base game just to have it put on time. they should of delayed it so that they could work on it more and have it so everyone would love it. im happy though they are adding stuff slowly in through patches. But still silence and being distance from their fans isn't good

but if they're not working on something that everyone loves theres a lot of people unhappy and they're being string along. i wish they would throw us a fricking bone and let us know if they are or aren't working on toddlers or even if they are being put into the game .
    6h6gf.gif
    yes a lot of us would be upsets but it would save a lot of people continuing to make are they working on toddlers threads over and over again. i'm pretty sure pets will be here because it's been there since sims 1 and not to have them would be another thing that would make players upset and stop playing the game like toddlers would. if the head office know whats best for business they should shut this silence 🐸🐸🐸🐸 down. people are hungry for info and you can't starve people

im usually a patient girl but this is making my patients wear thin.
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    @MelissaStarbees Sorry to see that you are also disappointed and of course you are not alone but as it has been stated time and time again, the devs cannot speak about future content. If the 'higher ups' do not want to talk about future content either and it hurts the game and their sales then that would be their loss. The feedback for them is their and the ball is in their court but it seems for the time being their are working on different things and those things will be here in due course instead.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they can't announce like they did in past games because this new game engine needs so much reworking and bug fixing. If they came out and said that toddlers would be EP3 out in June, but June came and went with no EP3 and toddlers because they are still tweaking the EP to work correctly, how disappointed and angry would some players be? Maybe they decided to wait until the packs work properly (as much as they can) before announcing a release date. I don't think they are being mean or controlling, just cautious.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The source seems legit and it speaks volumes that a guru hasn't come into one of these threads and assured us they aren't really in the loop.

So toddlers aren't being planned. Don't believe the fake hype they keep throwing up in the form of surveys and stickied threads it's just to keep us on their side and buying stuff.
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I just want something new in my game.. like NOW.
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »
    The source seems legit and it speaks volumes that a guru hasn't come into one of these threads and assured us they aren't really in the loop.

So toddlers aren't being planned. Don't believe the fake hype they keep throwing up in the form of surveys and stickied threads it's just to keep us on their side and buying stuff.

Who says that the surveys are not ligitimate though?

The stickies threads I think where partially Drake's idea to allow players to talk about the content they want. I think there are two such threads at the moment.

I actually don't think anyone is doing all of this just to be mean
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

I don't care for pets or toddlers so that doesn't bother me but I'm looking forward to new gameplay that's never been in other sims games if that's true. I only want a few things repeated like supernatural not everything
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    mrswoo5 wrote: »
    We will get toddlers and pets and seasons, but they will hold them back keep us waiting. We have always had to wait for the popular Ep's don't know why this still winds people up!

Seasons/Vacations could be EP3 or 4.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    yeah whatever I doubt that person knows jack crude

I think they do. I belive this is legit.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member

The stickies threads I think where partially Drake's idea to allow players to talk about the content they want. I think there are two such threads at the moment.

I don't think they are doing it to be mean, they are doing it (in my opinion) to keep the fans hoping because that translate to better morale in the community and I dare say much better sales for whatever packs they release going forward.
  • Options

I don't think they are doing it to be mean, they are doing it (in my opinion) to keep the fans hoping because that translate to better morale in the community and I dare say much better sales for whatever packs they release going forward.

Yes and no. It does seem that there have been some boycotts, a few independent due to the lack of toddlers so myself I don't think that many players are being 'strung along with a carrot' as the phrase goes.

It does seem like they are shy of giving answers for a number of reasons.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited April 2016
    Pets and toddlers= new bodies and a lot (Hundreds? Thousands?) of new animations. That won't be cheap. Will Maxis?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

This.

Toddlers aren't coming. That really burns me :angry: I was just starting to get into the game too trying to build up and test features so that I could be ready for storytelling when (I was so certain) toddlers would make an appearance in 2016. But if they aren't even in planning, and they were too difficult to implement in the first go around, then 2016 isn't going to see toddlers and odds are 2017 won't either.

I give up... not going to wait for something that had to be leaked as not happening.
  • Options

This.

Toddlers aren't coming. That really burns me :angry: I was just starting to get into the game too trying to build up and test features so that I could be ready for storytelling when (I was so certain) toddlers would make an appearance in 2016. But if they aren't even in planning, and they were too difficult to implement in the first go around, then 2016 isn't going to see toddlers and odds are 2017 won't either.

I give up... not going to wait for something that had to be leaked as not happening.

No one knows for sure yet if they are or are not coming. The leak could be about a GP rather than an EP if anything. Although it does seem unlikley that toddlers are coming, and I doubted that anyway, this could still be a misunderstanding nonetheless
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg