Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
"Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
Feel free to rage. :)
tenor.gif

Comments

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I doubt the actually know it. These people aren't devs, they're representatives, and representatives don't usually know this stuff.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    edited April 2016
    That doesn't rule out the future but short term it does now have me thinking Generations won't be the next expansion.

I'm hoping now EP3 is Seasons with Vacations intergrated.

Edit
    Could be Amusement Parks since they ve never been an ep theme. That s something I've been begging for. I'll be over the moon if EP3 is Amusement Parks.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I doubt the actually know it. These people aren't devs, they're representatives, and representatives don't usually know this stuff.

I definetely hope so.
    Last year EA Brasil told me toddlers would be added in December 2015. :/
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    If they can't tell they can't tell. I'd doubt that other representatives in other countries have more power to speak than those actually working on the game....
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    But they are in charge of marketing the game locally and they should know what's in store for the coming months. My opinion: they don't know whether or not toddlers are being developed. But they must know that there are no plans to release them in the coming months.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    It could go either way, whether it's true or not. I don't think we'll see the same type of EP's we've seen in previous versions. The Devs seem to be making TS4 a very different game. It's always possible these things could be added, so I never say never
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Idk what this site is
    If they're doing new things that's great, not so great to hear about no toddlers or pets. I hope the "no plans" doesn't apply for the entire TS4 lifespan...no pets ever would be such a disappointment
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,572 Member
    all i can say is never say never maybe they are in the work and by the holidays we may get somerhing big from the sims team
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    I'm going to guess they'll say that right up to before an announcement is made officially. Could it be true, sure but could it also not be true, also possible.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    ugh, I don't know if it's true, but if it is I think it's sad. I wish they would first do all the stuff that old Sims games had before trying something completely new (For EPs that is). GPs should be there to add unseen stuff, to go into detail of a theme that was never done...I would be fine seeing the same EP themes we had in previous Sims games
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    Pets is a Given. At some point they will be coming to TS4.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    This is going to sound very hopeful, but maybe they're still going to release a patch with toddlers...they just said expansion packs and stuff packs. I'm not sure though. It's a long shot.
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Well, they said in a G
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

They didn't mention patches? :smirk:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Maybe. I know pets are expected but I would not be surprised if TS4 never got them for whatever technical reason.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Somebody should ask the gurus here, if these people could know something. Not if what they are saying is right or wrong, just if these people could even possibly have that kind of info
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I understand wanting to make TS4 different but on the other hand, previous EPs were created and were desired FOR A REASON. Things like Generations, Pets, Seasons are just logical expansions to expand on essential life elements that would make a life sim more meaningful. I don't think those expansions had anything to do with trending topics to appeal to certain crowds. They were classic elements that could add depth to any game no matter the age or niche.
    It seems their choices in packs are becoming more tailored to certain people and less based on classic elements of life that are meaningful to MOST people.

I really hope they change this trend. I would like to see a well rounded life sim in which my Sims could have depth to their life cycle. Right now it is just very shallow and I have yet to find a strong emotional connection to any of my sims lives and I think it is because it seems generic and lacks any depth.

oh yeah.. and I dont think that this person knows... im a skeptic
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    First off, as others have said ... it is Latin America TS, not EA, not Oragin ... Latin America TS.
    Second, I am confused by the quote 'infants if that is what you mean'. Infants are not toddlers, there is a difference between the two. I would be interested in knowing the exact question that was asked to get that comment.

As hush-hush they have been on the Sims4, I mean ... we can't even get what the next GP is ... we get a hint in a hashtag apparantly. Now I am expected to believe we have an answer ... for another country. No ... don't believe it.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,059 Member
    Why do Simmers have to overract always when we get unconfirmed information? It's not like they are always literal. And besides, this came from a source that may not know what the main studio (The Sims 4 Redwood Studio) is currently developing. I still think that they are actually working on toddlers and pets but they won't come anytime soon. If you guys can't imagine how much work will go to toddlers and updating paid content packs (old and upcoming ones) to support toddlers (I hope that will happen if we do get toddlers), then you can't say that we won't get them at all because they aren't releasing them RIGHT NOW. Why everything needs to be released right here, right now? SimGurus have own lives too. I prefer quality over quantity. Everyone else can prefer whatever they want. Have a great day everyone :)
    P.S. I hope that nobody will find my post offensive, I'm just tired of Simmers over-analyzing things. <3)
  • Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    This information has me skeptical. Like everyone else has been stating... these are reps for the game not developers.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    PrincessMeganaPrincessMegana Posts: 33 Member
    > @axel1015 said:
    > This is going to sound very hopeful, but maybe they're still going to release a patch with toddlers...they just said expansion packs and stuff packs. I'm not sure though. It's a long shot.

I hope so, more than anything :(
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm done this game is done also

right_zpsmkvdfdvr.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfzwFloVqA
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    IF this is true then note...

'For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"'

No plans to make expansions which include those features. Doesn't mean that toddlers won't be patched in and whilst we've already had confirmation that Pets is not currently being worked on we do know that they're starting to think about it because of the survey released last month.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

One of the Gurus made a comment the other day about how Pets and Seasons turn up in each iteration of the series so yes I would definitely expect them at some point in the future. Likely distant future as they both take a lot of work but yes, we will get them.
    tFU6JMe.png