Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I'm done this game is done also

It's far from done and doing really well.

I'm happy for new stuff as priority, I mean I've bought the rest 3 times over already.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @jackjack_k No one seems to know the actual sales of the game but even I can tell that popularity has improved. Some even contacted me after my free trial video and admitted that the game isn't bad, it is just more interesting with a few EPs ect.

I think if they game really had flopped, I doubt we would have such a divide on the forums as we do now as there would be no one to defend the game anyway.

As I say, one Simmers trash is another Simmers treasure!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    @jackjack_k No one seems to know the actual sales of the game but even I can tell that popularity has improved. Some even contacted me after my free trial video and admitted that the game isn't bad, it is just more interesting with a few EPs ect.

I think if they game really had flopped, I doubt we would have such a divide on the forums as we do now as there would be no one to defend the game anyway.

As I say, one Simmers trash is another Simmers treasure!

Can I just tell you guys that I LOVE how both of you can talk to each other very kindly!!! <3
    This day has been so amazing (even though I feel very sad for the person who will probably lose their job...) :)
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66 I like to get along withy Simmers and invite them to express their enjoyment and concerns over the series. It is not easy to get along with everyone on here at times but I don't see why people still have to play along with the divide that only exists because some players want it to.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    @ULIBABA66 I like to get along withy Simmers and invite them to express their enjoyment and concerns over the series. It is not easy to get along with everyone on here at times but I don't see why people still have to play along with the divide that only exists because some players want it to.
    That's a very good thing! By the way, even though I love The Sims 4, I too think that it could be even better with features that Simmers (including me) would have loved to have in the game since its release in 2014. Features like Create a Style and Create a World would have been amazing in this game! :)
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66 I actually think those two things would be a great leap forward right now. CASt was popular in TS3 as it was useful but after playing the free trial I was surprised at how awkward it was building without it. It is mostly decorating, getting curtains to match wallpaper along with bedclothes which is a shame as they was actually quite a generous amount of items to choose from. It just wasn't as good without an option to edit them.

As for CAW, well that was a big community in itself back in the TS3 days and we do still have a lot of good worlds being made now. For TS4 players especially the builders it is a shame they don't have as much of the tools that they used to have. If anything, it is the builders who seem to miss out the most and yet they do still exist.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member
    [quote="Yoko2112;14729809"]What the plum is happening ? XD
    Also, new tweet from @SimGuruLyndsay /quote]

Sounds like they are loosing control :D
  • Options
    simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone else find it odd that the picture appears to be a screencap of text messages on an iPhone? That really doesn't seem legitimate to me; am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind. I should've read the entire post first :)
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

My opinion? Well, honestly, it bothers me that EA thinks it's more important to give us "new things never before seen" rather than add the things we want. Of course, we know, this isn't EA speaking. As someone else pointed out, it's a representative, not the company. Still, it seems to be the way things have been going over the last couple of years. Ignore US -- the players -- and do whatever THEY -- the developers --want.

Creating an US vs THEM mentality isn't good business strategy, and that's what's happening. That's my opinion, anyway.
  • Options
    @NoWayJose527 Fair points but I myself do question if they should always give us the same stuff all the time. This was a question as far back in the TS2 days when the first EP of the year would be a new idea and the second, a returning idea.

Indeed it is wise to have each game balanced out to provide familiarity but as others have stated, does everyone have to buy the same stuff three or even four times?

I mean if they reintroduce Pets again in the future (not confirmed for the near future though) then that would be the 4th Pets EP.

Some also argue that TS4 is more watered down than previous games while others praise some new ideas coming out which could help the game stand out on it's own feet against it's predecessors.

I mean TS1 had prank phone calls made to your Sims, TS2 had social bunnies and the shrink, TS3 had Open World and much more emphasis on interactive careers while TS4 would need something of its own. So far that seems to only be angry poops though...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited April 2016
    "For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include Pets or Toddlers if that’s what you mean, but I can assure you that new Game Play will arrive that has never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned"
    That's what the message said. But it seems suspicious to me that they added "if that's what you mean".
    Maybe the toddlers will still come in a patch? or am I too hopeful?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    @NoWayJose527 Fair points but I myself do question if they should always give us the same stuff all the time. This was a question as far back in the TS2 days when the first EP of the year would be a new idea and the second, a returning idea.

Indeed it is wise to have each game balanced out to provide familiarity but as others have stated, does everyone have to buy the same stuff three or even four times?

I mean if they reintroduce Pets again in the future (not confirmed for the near future though) then that would be the 4th Pets EP.

Some also argue that TS4 is more watered down than previous games while others praise some new ideas coming out which could help the game stand out on it's own feet against it's predecessors.

I mean TS1 had prank phone calls made to your Sims, TS2 had social bunnies and the shrink, TS3 had Open World and much more emphasis on interactive careers while TS4 would need something of its own. So far that seems to only be angry poops though...

The thing TS4 is missing is that one innovation that sets it apart from the other games in the series and gives you a reason not to look back.

TS2 - 3D graphics and generational play.
    TS3 - Open world and CASt.
    TS4 - Emotions (intended huge feature but falls far too short and doesn't actually work very well at all)

TS4 does improve on many features included in previous games in the series; build mode is by far the best it has ever been and the base game includes an unbelievable amount of objects including things that have never really had an emphasis in past games or even been included; so many little things in build/buy such as the flower boxes for the windows and the clutter category really add to the game. TS4 also introduced the best version of CAS to date.

Emotions were clearly supposed to be the big draw with TS4 but the system is flawed and hardly works; Sims barely register big life events and when they do the emotion they receive from it tends to be overridden when they choose to have an energetic shower. It just doesn't work.

Add to this the fact that the open world was removed rather than being fixed and many other features which were expected to be included in the base game such as NPCs, the newspaper, telephones (I can't believe that we actually have to mention that this game includes no landline telephones), cars, etc, and you start to see why people feel that this iteration is watered down. Then you throw in the small things which we removed (well, not removed as such but certainly not included) such as working clocks (as they're all static now) and you get the impression that the game was rushed. It's a sad state of affairs because this is the view that many Simmers hold in regards to TS4.

Personally I LOVE TS4. To me it's second only to TS2 BUT only in terms of building; whilst I used to love playing the actual game in previous versions in TS4 I find that I have exclusively become a builder; whilst I love build mode and thoroughly enjoy it (I have always spent most of my time in TS building) the fact that I've now abandoned any other type of game play in TS4 must tell you something about it. Especially as we finally got retail back and OFB is my favourite EP of the series to date.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    What the plum is happening ? XD
    Also, new tweet from @SimGuruLyndsay

Nothing is happening. But people need to calm down.

The facebook people are not by far the most reliable source. TBH they might even get fired for distributing information they either shouldn't or because it's false and it's misleading people.

You should not take it by granted, the Guru's are the ones that confirm things not them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Moodbeamy Fair points :smile:

For me I think that TS3 is the ultimate so of course, no Open World was a big deal breaker but I do think that might not be the case in future games.

As for emotions, I don't think Sims act much different to previous games, no big 'improvement' as such yet to be honest, I didn't think there needed to be much improvement anyway.

The biggest problem seemed to be that the game was rushed in many areas. Some parts such as CAS where outstanding, yet that was a feature that clearly has a lot of time put into it. Hopefully the next time round there will be no rushing and we could see a game which really would be outstanding.

But for now I am being patient :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    The sooner they come out with a Pets expansion, the more new customers they'll get. My daughter (who just turned 8) is still playing Sims 3 because it has pets. She refuses to play Sims 4 until they get pets. EA might want to consider that she's not the only kid who feels that way.
  • Options
    @Penelope I do agree that Pets have always been popular. They where in demand when the first game came out years ago but sadly they seem to be the hardest to make which explains why they often come during the middle of the game's life. Pets in the base game would be very much well received though ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Also I think The Sims Latam forgot that people can take screenshots with their phones. LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MocaJava wrote: »

That makes no sense.

Yes SP's have been delayed over a GP.

Yes, there will be a SP soon.

What?

Exactly my thoughts.

giphy.gif

@SimGuruDrake you might want to step in here and squash this as legit information. Just sayin'.

Like that will happen.

You never know. Better to tag and try than not. Even @SimGuruLyndsay said something on twitter about hanging in there for news, so obviously it's made it's way to the Gurus.
  • Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I can live without Pets...as for toddlers, I'm actually warming to the idea. I think they could be neat in Sims 4.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited April 2016
    "Infants?" Was this a translation issue? Maybe this is just more silliness people are just pulling out of cyberspace. Desperate times and all...

But keep in mind if it IS true, then the surveys were distractions too.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I think this is one of the few threads about the future pack, where everyone is at least respectful and does not insult each other or get angry. Thank you so much for this! I hate that everyone tries to insult each other over which features they believe are more important :smile:
  • Options
    amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    Hearing that toddlers are not even being worked on after almost two years since the release is really upsetting. I haven't seen anything more requested for Sims 4 than for toddlers to be returned. Since the beginning of Sims 4.

We are getting new gameplay that has never been seen in any of the Sims games? That's cool and all but shouldn't they be prioritizing toddlers, a basic life stage given in every base game since the Sims 2? :/
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    "Infants?" Was this a translation issue? Maybe this is just more silliness people are just pulling out of cyberspace. Desperate times and all...

But keep in mind if it IS true, then the surveys were distractions too.

If EA/Maxis has never been planning on adding them since the beginning, then why wave them in our faces like that? Surely they knew better than to open that can of worms? :|
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    @Monkinonk I think that the survey was for long term future content rather than content that was in development. I could be wrong though but it does seem that the surveys where also used as damage control
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg