Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

Comments

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    This is a tragedy... Like literately... My heart kinda hurts and it's just shocking thinking about how toddlers won't be in the Sims 4. :pensive:

I'm.. I ca... I can't do this anymore. :disappointed:
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    This is a tragedy... Like literately... My heart kinda hurts and it's just shocking thinking about how toddlers won't be in the Sims 4. :pensive:

I know it's hard, but at least you have sims 2 and sims 3 :(
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dramatic, table for one.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Maybe they would be here later in the year or next year?

I don't understand why people think that if there are not going to be toddlers now, they will not be here at all. The game is not even half way through it's intended lifespan yet.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Dramatic, table for one.

Seriously, I know people are disappointed but yeesh.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

Wow, really? I hope you never suffer a real tragedy in your life. One that involves actual people and not pixels.
  • Options
    Dramatic, table for one.

Wonder how dramatically fast for you to think so negatively and reply off that thought.

• Options
    Gleesticky wrote: »

I know it's hard, but at least you have sims 2 and sims 3 :(

I agree. TS3 is still there with the toddlers and Open World and none of that got removed from the game just because TS4 came out. I mean not even the notorious 1.69 patch removed toddlers from TS3 ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Dramatic, table for one.

Yeah it's not the end of the world if virtual toddlers aren't added
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's the stutter that kills me. You might think that way or talk that way, but no one types that way unless they are trying too hard to be dramatic.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited April 2016
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

I don't know if it's true or not, but it's exactly what I suspect.

For marketing reasons, the game is intentionally limited -- compare to TS2 or TS3 -- so it can be played on laptops. The developers are doing great work but within tighter limits that the developers of prior Sims games suffered through. The base game would have to be rewritten, on the fly, for free, for them to be able to add Toddlers or Pets. I don't think that's going to happen.

Seasons? Maybe, but I'd be surprised. But I think Toddlers and Pets are just out of the question.

It might sound like I'm blaming the marketing department and ... eh, maybe I am. But people who want to play Sims tend to have laptops instead of gaming rigs. If EA were to try to basically remaster TS2 with the improvements of TS4, their market (rigs that meet minimum specs) would shrink and they'd have to charge two or three or I-don't-know-how-much more for the game.

If that's what they were doing, I would gladly pay full price. I'd pay extra. A modernized TS2 would be the best game ever. I'd pre-order.

As it is, I'll wait 'til the bugs are fixed and the mods are updated and the EPs go on sale.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Pets is a Given. At some point they will be coming to TS4.

One would think. However, if pets could only be added as objects, the way babies are, the outcry would be thundering and in that case they'd be better off not releasing them at all. Plus, I can only imagine how much culling would be added to the game with pets.

Nah, man. In TS1, babies were objects but we get real pets running around. XD So there's always hope.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    The source seems legit and it speaks volumes that a guru hasn't come into one of these threads and assured us they aren't really in the loop.

So toddlers aren't being planned. Don't believe the fake hype they keep throwing up in the form of surveys and stickied threads it's just to keep us on their side and buying stuff.

Who says that the surveys are not ligitimate though?

The stickies threads I think where partially Drake's idea to allow players to talk about the content they want. I think there are two such threads at the moment.

I actually don't think anyone is doing all of this just to be mean

I don't think they are doing it to be mean, they are doing it (in my opinion) to keep the fans hoping because that translate to better morale in the community and I dare say much better sales for whatever packs they release going forward.

That could mean toddlers are getting patched in.
  • Options
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    The member @ULIBABA66 asked the TS Latin America Facebook page if there was plans for toddlers to be added. That was their answer:
    "Hi Toni,

For now there are no plans to make expansions or stuff packs that include pets or infants if that's what you mean, but I can assure you that come new Game Plays that have never been seen in other Sims games. Stay tuned :smiley:"

http://tinypic.com/r/orv8kz/9

What are your opnions? True or not?
    Feel free to rage. :)

I don't know if it's true or not, but it's exactly what I suspect.

For marketing reasons, the game is intentionally limited -- compare to TS2 or TS3 -- so it can be played on laptops. The developers are doing great work but within tighter limits that the developers or prior Sims games. The base game would have to be rewritten, on the fly, for free, for them to be able to add Toddlers or Pets. I don't think that's going to happen.

Seasons? Maybe, but I'd be surprised. But I think Toddlers and Pets are just out of the question.

It might sound like I'm blaming the marketing department and ... eh, maybe I am. But people who want to play Sims tend to have laptops instead of gaming rigs. If EA were to try to basically remaster TS2 with the improvements of TS4, their market (rigs that meet minimum specs) would shrink and they'd have to charge two or three or I-don't-know-how-much more for the game.

If that's what they were doing, I would gladly pay full price. I'd pay extra. A modernized TS2 would be the best game ever. I'd pre-order.

As it is, I'll wait 'til the bugs are fixed and the mods are updated and the EPs go on sale.

Interesting points.

I can see viability in aiming for the laptop market as there have always been players using laptops but I must stress that players who use PCs must get a look in as well.

It is a great shame that some of the greatest from TS3 is absent due to attempts to make the game work on low end PCs.

However I feel that in the near future, as PCs and even laptops advance further, low end machines would be able to handle above and beyond that of the high end PCs of recent B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    These people aren't going to know about toddlers till everyone is. They might know other near future plans but as far as I can tell toddlers are far too high risk to be shared outside of development team, regardless of what the news about them is or isn't.
    I wouldn't claim his/her statement is false, just point out that it's only true as far as he/she knows.
  • Options
    It's the stutter that kills me. You might think that way or talk that way, but no one types that way unless they are trying too hard to be dramatic.

Let me extend your words a little more than you already did. Dramatic does fall into the emotional concept right? You couldn't clarify that as better than anyone. Bravo cable cord.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    The source seems legit and it speaks volumes that a guru hasn't come into one of these threads and assured us they aren't really in the loop.

So toddlers aren't being planned. Don't believe the fake hype they keep throwing up in the form of surveys and stickied threads it's just to keep us on their side and buying stuff.

This.

Toddlers aren't coming. That really burns me :angry: I was just starting to get into the game too trying to build up and test features so that I could be ready for storytelling when (I was so certain) toddlers would make an appearance in 2016. But if they aren't even in planning, and they were too difficult to implement in the first go around, then 2016 isn't going to see toddlers and odds are 2017 won't either.

I give up... not going to wait for something that had to be leaked as not happening.

No one knows for sure yet if they are or are not coming. The leak could be about a GP rather than an EP if anything. Although it does seem unlikley that toddlers are coming, and I doubted that anyway, this could still be a misunderstanding nonetheless

Well, I'm over it. If I stumble across TS4 the complete set in 2025 and I see a Generations pack, I might pick it up--most likely I won't.
  • Options
    Slawfish wrote: »
    These people aren't going to know about toddlers till everyone is. They might know other near future plans but as far as I can tell toddlers are far too high risk to be shared outside of development team, regardless of what the news about them is or isn't.
    I wouldn't claim his/her statement is false, just point out that it's only true as far as he/she knows.

High risk? Not head that one before! :smiley:

This.

Toddlers aren't coming. That really burns me :angry: I was just starting to get into the game too trying to build up and test features so that I could be ready for storytelling when (I was so certain) toddlers would make an appearance in 2016. But if they aren't even in planning, and they were too difficult to implement in the first go around, then 2016 isn't going to see toddlers and odds are 2017 won't either.

I give up... not going to wait for something that had to be leaked as not happening.

No one knows for sure yet if they are or are not coming. The leak could be about a GP rather than an EP if anything. Although it does seem unlikley that toddlers are coming, and I doubted that anyway, this could still be a misunderstanding nonetheless

Well, I'm over it. If I stumble across TS4 the complete set in 2025 and I see a Generations pack, I might pick it up--most likely I won't.

Nah by then TS6 will be out and everything would be removed, including the Sims themselves! :tongue:

At least then everyone would be able to look back at TS4 and say 'hey, remember when The Sims actually had Sims in it?' :D

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

That's a good statement honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if said representative was going off half-🐸🐸🐸🐸 with what information they had. However, there's always some sort of repercussion to something like this and this might force a premature response on behalf of his superiors in direct contact with the development team or the development team themselves in order to negate the potentially damaging effects.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member

Where did they say they will not be included?

The representative stated they currently have no plans for pets or toddlers; that does not mean toddlers and pets will not be returning.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ENolan wrote: »

That's a good statement honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if said representative was going off half-🐸🐸🐸🐸 with what information they had. However, there's always some sort of repercussion to something like this and this might force a premature response on behalf of his superiors in direct contact with the development team or the development team themselves in order to negate the potentially damaging effects.

I guess that it is a case of 'we better know sooner or later' or at least that is how players see it. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone comes out with a response soon though to either remady the circumstances somewhat.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

The representative stated they currently have no plans for pets or toddlers; that does not mean toddlers and pets will not be returning.

And what's the chance between 1-100 that were going to get toddlers?

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited April 2016
    And what's the chance between 1-100 that were going to get toddlers?

It is still possible.

Spreading false information is reportable (just putting that out there. :)).
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Infants doesn't mean toddlers. It means babies. So regarding that makes sense that they won't release an existing life stage in packs. Might mean babies could be freed in a patch though. Pets, yeah that might be an issue with how multitasking in the game is. I guess best way to know is to ask @SimGuruDrake about clarification about it.

Even if it was meaning toddlers. That could mean toddlers aren't coming in packs but a patch instead.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Exactly. There is no need to write off the notion that there will never be toddlers. It is very unlickly be toddlers in the near future, thus in EP3 but the circumstances could be very different for EP4.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg