Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea

Prince Alexander and Molly, Princess of Willow Creek (I'm giving the correct name for a princess by marriage..Alexander's two siblings are Princess Royal Cassandra (if Cassandra dies, and Alexander is "King" since Mortier is getting old-Sandy will get the title Princess Royal), and Princess Christine in my head so in RL if you hear someone calling Prince William and Prince Harry's mom Princess Diana, they're doing it wrong-it should be Diana, Princess of Wales) children:

@MadameLee Those children are such beautiful combinations of both parents. I bet they are fun to play! I really adore them!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Guess whose birthday it almost is? @CharmingMaruska 's ! <3

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited April 2016
    I just found out that today is also National Empanada Day. :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Oh, thank you, @mastressalita @JLBDreamer I think I'll on the whole creating an account thing. I'll do just fine with custom content from ModTheSims and TheSimsResource. :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Hey guys anyone heard of the movie "Guess Who's coming to Dinner" with Sidney Poitier (from the movie called Heat of the Night), and Katherine Hepburn? It was remade in 2005 as "Guess Who" but with the roles reversed around.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Madamelee "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" is an amazing movie (as is "In the Heat of the Night") and is so different from that remake (which is in my view horrible since it totally misses the point of the original) because it isn't a comedy that tries to make someone being intolerant funny like "Guess Who?".

Just so you know the movie centers on both families and not just one side. It focuses on the fact that even though both families have taught their children to be colorblind it didn't mean they didn't still hold some racist feelings. It shows that the black family has as much problem accepting the fact their son wants to marry a caucasian woman as the white family does with their daughter marrying an African American man. It's an intelligent and thought provoking movie that I highly recommend.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    @Madamelee "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" is an amazing movie (as is "In the Heat of the Night") and is so different from that remake (which is in my view horrible since it totally misses the point of the original) because it isn't a comedy that tries to make someone being intolerant funny like "Guess Who?".

Just so you know the movie centres on both families and not just one side. It focuses on the fact that even though both families have taught their children to be colorblind it didn't mean they didn't still hold some racist feelings. It shows that the black family has as much problem accepting the fact their son wants to marry a Caucasian woman as the white family does with their daughter marrying an African American man. It's an intelligent and thought provoking movie that I highly recommend.

Yep my parents taught me about the movie months ago-I had some difficulties in exactly finding the movie until today online. Back in Gr.12 I did an entire assignment about interracial marriages in the U.S.

I'm surprised people are so quick to forget that even today people of both colours can still be racist there's even a saying that means black people should stay with black people and white people with white. (ie doves and birds that once used to be baked into pies in England-I think)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee That subject holds a lot of meaning for me because my brother is in an interracial marriage and I have dated an African American man. I've seen the disgust on faces of both races seeing my family and me together when we are out. I can tell you that the movies realistically portrays the confused emotions of someone raised during the time they are indoctrinated with racist ideas but have lived through the civil rights movement and consider themselves not racist since they work with and have friendships with the opposite race but have a hard time when that person will be a part of the family.
  • Options
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    @MadameLee That subject holds a lot of meaning for me because my brother is in an interracial marriage and I have dated an African American man. I've seen the disgust on faces of both races seeing my family and me together when we are out. I can tell you that the movies realistically portrays the confused emotions of someone raised during the time they are indoctrinated with racist ideas but have lived through the civil rights movement and consider themselves not racist since they work with and have friendships with the opposite race but have a hard time when that person will be a part of the family.

My mom's family has a similar experience (make that two) but with Chinese-Causaian/half-Chinese-Canadian and Indian instead of just African &white). My mom's only sister (she and another aunt, one of their two SIL, have the same name), dated and married a Chinese man (my Uncle G) but from what my mom told me when M was dating G my maternal grandparents disapproved of the relationship but they dealt with it after a sit-down with my maternal grandparents (no word about G's parents). Now my Cousin K (their eldest daughter/child) is dating a boy from India and M and G have a similar attitude towards K's boyfriend (no word about the boyfriend's parents).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Yes the crazy thing about racism is that idea it that if you are part of what is considered a "minority" in an area that you can't be racist and that romantic relationships seem to be the thing that brings to the surface any racist ideas. You'll be able to relate to the movie then I'm sure. Its very realistic.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Loralee and Tommy celebrate seven years together.

Chapter 2.57
    cover56.png?w=780

Today, we also check in with the Lawson household!

1.18 Corbett or Corbina
    cover18.png?w=780
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Yay, how awesome. I wish I could throw a party for all of you, so we could share some chocolate cake, cheese and blueberries! Lol. :lol:
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Hey hey! It's Friday! What does that mean? F.I.S.H.! Enjoy.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/2-6-grandparent-glow/

because of its name i always picture your story swimming in the ocean.

whatever floats your boat lol ;)
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    And double-yes! I missed a week or two, so I get seconds! Thanks for Fish Friday, Jes!

You're welcome! Every Friday is a F.I.S.H. Friday until June 3!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited April 2016
    Happy Timezones everyone :D I've been away for a good amount of time. I'm currently at my mom's house but i'm going home on sunday, so i'll be publishing chapters again then :) Already wrote 1½ chapters, so i'm good to go :) Just need to screenshot.

How are you all doing?
    I'm starting to longing home. I've been away for 2 weeks, and i miss my boyfriend terribly. Although it's given me a lot of time with my brother, his wife and their two children (a 4 year old boy and a 6 month old girl). Also been playing a lot of cards with my mom, so much that i've gotten sick of it lol! Didn't think that would ever happen.

And of course i've been stalking @CitizenErased14 s Ashes to Ashes :D I just love that story!
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    OJenn wrote: »
    OMG...OMG...OMG I am literally freaking out over here because I am in tears.

SO yesterday I go to log off and I shut my computer down before heading off to work around 6PM. I got off work about four hours later and when I got home I crashed and went to bed. Once I woke up this morning I go for my morning job, do my Pilates and yoga routines and then sit down with my morning cup of coffee. At this point I am excited to play the sims, really itching to load up my Memoirs save. I turn on my PC and see Preparing Windows. So I am like, okay looks like a windows update is installing or something. Then It gets to my desktop and the screen is set back to the default, still at this point I am not worried or panicked. I then notice that my programs that were pinned to the taskbar are missing and replaced with the default. I tilt my head at the PC then go to investigate, I don't see Origin or any other games that I have installed on this PC.

I feel sick and I am a little unsure of what to do right now.

I have been here before. OMG. I have been here before. <3 I am hoping that I'll read later in the thread that things have been worked out, but as of right now I just want to comfort you and let you know that I understand how terrifying this is. :/
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    OhRenSims wrote: »
    I have been feeling so out of the loop everywhere lately. O_O I really need to get back into the community.

How is everyone?

OMG Hai!!! I am doing well how about you?

Ahhhh.. LOL I'm doing alright. ^_^ I'm making focused efforts to kind of put things in order in a myriad of ways and areas of my life. I've been feeling like everything is too... chaotic. So I'm trying to get reorganized, I guess. Everywhere. Including here.

And I'm excited about what is to come for my legacy, so that is cool. I think I'm starting to come up with some great material to write about.

That's more than exciting. I feel like spring is that time of year when we all 'clean up' our act in a number of ways. I can't wait to see what you have planned!

I feel like I should read your stories or something! Ah! I've been so busy... and also I'm really bad at forums. Like, REALLY bad. I can't seem to keep up with them when they're as busy as this thread is. So many people posting and I see it and kind of go, "OH. This is fine. Everything is fine. I can read 100 posts and respond to them and also do my homework and work and stuff. Oh yes."

But really I just end up closing the website and weeping. XD HA!
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hey lovelies long time no see! <3
    Unfortunately I am going to be a little obnoxious since I am running low on time and just drop off my latest chapter of Lily's story. Hope to catch up with you all soon and hope you are all well :mrgreen:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options

Yay, how awesome. I wish I could throw a party for all of you, so we could share some chocolate cake, cheese and blueberries! Lol. :lol:

Wait! We're the ones who'll be throwing the party for you! Yay! Chocolate cake with ganache frosting, big mugs of hot coffee, lots of blueberries! Sure, cheese, too! And confetti! And songs! And maybe some ballroom dancing!

• Options
    I have been feeling so out of the loop everywhere lately. O_O I really need to get back into the community.

How is everyone?

Ahhhh.. LOL I'm doing alright. ^_^ I'm making focused efforts to kind of put things in order in a myriad of ways and areas of my life. I've been feeling like everything is too... chaotic. So I'm trying to get reorganized, I guess. Everywhere. Including here.

And I'm excited about what is to come for my legacy, so that is cool. I think I'm starting to come up with some great material to write about.

That's more than exciting. I feel like spring is that time of year when we all 'clean up' our act in a number of ways. I can't wait to see what you have planned!

I feel like I should read your stories or something! Ah! I've been so busy... and also I'm really bad at forums. Like, REALLY bad. I can't seem to keep up with them when they're as busy as this thread is. So many people posting and I see it and kind of go, "OH. This is fine. Everything is fine. I can read 100 posts and respond to them and also do my homework and work and stuff. Oh yes."

Hi, sweetie! Please don't try to keep up with this thread--there are just too many messages, too fast, and by the time you reply, it's likely that the situation has moved on completely!

One approach with this thread that can sometimes work is just to pop in, say hi, see what the current conversation is, and then join in with whatever's being said in your corner. Any type of comprehensive approach just is a quick road to overload!

Hope you're happy and well! :)

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    *hugs for @Skyfri_Himmel * I'm happy to see you here! Sometimes I get so confused because your WP name and forum name are so different :lol: I love having you stalk my story :heart: and I'm happy to hear that you've been writing! :blush: And I'm happy you get to go home soon!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    *waves*

Happy timezones my lovelies, hope everyone is well :)
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    *hugs for @Skyfri_Himmel * I'm happy to see you here! Sometimes I get so confused because your WP name and forum name are so different :lol: I love having you stalk my story :heart: and I'm happy to hear that you've been writing! :blush: And I'm happy you get to go home soon!

Thank you <3 I'm happy about all that too :P
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options

How is everyone?

Hi, sweetie! Please don't try to keep up with this thread--there are just too many messages, too fast, and by the time you reply, it's likely that the situation has moved on completely!

One approach with this thread that can sometimes work is just to pop in, say hi, see what the current conversation is, and then join in with whatever's being said in your corner. Any type of comprehensive approach just is a quick road to overload!

Hope you're happy and well! :)

Most of my life is a quick road to overload. XD HA HA! I've missed you a lot CT. I've been busy, busy, busy. I'm doing well though, for the most part. :)

And my simmies are also doing well. I've been building a new house for the Waite family for almost a week now. I also have 18 drafts that I have to sit down and write words for, but I haven't been feeling particularly up to it lately. I don't know why, exactly. Probably because I am stuck in wanting it to be where it was in my legacy forever, and also because I want it to move forward rapidly so I can get over some things, and all the while I am stuck in this in-between place and don't want to skip over these important story pieces. And so I am waiting. Waiting until that mood just comes and says, "YES, this is how it will all come together."
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Just dropping this off before I head off to bed, last day of work tomorrow the holiday time :sunglasses:

G1CH5_zps6k4qrdrs.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top