Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can I ask a logical question? Why would it be 'restaurants' when we have café counters, and even better food sold at bars you can even place in your house. So, I don't think so, just for the simple fact it would be redundant in a gaming industry way to then add full restaurant service.

Well, one: It's a very-often-made request, which suggest that there's a good chance of sales.

And it's very-often-made because - and this is "two" - playing restaurant is totally different from playing cafe/bar. Going to a restaurant is not only a way of eating food: this isn't about the satisfying-hunger goal.

It's about a fancy date night with hovering waiters and a romantic atmosphere; it's sitting in a diner booth having your coffee poured by a sassy waitress while your kids colour on placemats; it's celebrating that birthday with the whole family or all your friends around a table somewhere more special than your home, but where you can each be served something separate - you can have the jello, not the lobster thermidor or the random thing a caterer prepared - and where waiters prepare showy foods tableside, and a sommelier brings you wine to taste. (I'm planning this particular event in real life for my daughter right now - she just finished high school this week, which was not a foregone conclusion - we've decided that fancy restaurant dinner in dresses and suits is the thing to do, probably one of the good steakhouses, where the waiters toss salad and set stuff on fire by the table side.) For people telling "realistic" stories, restaurants bring into those stories a big part of our real, everyday lives. Cafes and bars and caterers don't replicate that experience at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I'm curious, cinebar: Would you want restaurants personally or you do you think they are redundant of what you described ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,445 Member
    Plus with cafes and bars your lucky if your two sims sit at the same table or get to set alone together without others joining them.

Hostesses would fix this issue.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @luthienrising I agree with your description of the fancy restaurant but with the experience I've had so far with TS4 I can't imagine that any pack would be that intricate.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2016
    Can I ask a logical question? Why would it be 'restaurants' when we have café counters, and even better food sold at bars you can even place in your house. So, I don't think so, just for the simple fact it would be redundant in a gaming industry way to then add full restaurant service.

I'd like to be able to run and own a restaurant. To be a business owner. I really liked making my own themed restaurants in TS3 when we got the restaurant set, I liked that I could customise the menu. If we got a restaurant pack I'd hope we'd get a bigger variety of foods. Or if we got say, a Japanese themed world in the future, I'd want to make a sushi bar with my restaurant items. :)

Plus, as much as I like coffee shops, a romantic date night needs a restaurant.

Some of my TS3 restaurants (I really overused this feature):

Screenshot-4-9.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-8.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7-10.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-15-5.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

I'd like to be able to run and own a restaurant. To be a business owner. I really liked making my own themed restaurants in TS3 when we got the restaurant set, I liked that I could customise the menu. If we got a restaurant pack I'd hope we'd get a bigger variety of foods. Or if we got say, a Japanese themed world in the future, I'd want to make a sushi bar with my restaurant items. :)

Screenshot-4-9.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-8.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7-10.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-15-5.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg

Well, I certainly hope restaurants will be fuller than in those photos.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member

Screenshot-4-9.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-8.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7-10.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-15-5.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg

I was thinking the same thing all that work and only her sims are the sims enjoying those beautiful restaurants. I definitely want restaurants to work the same as TS2 and be as populated as TS2 if not more populated.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options

Screenshot-4-9.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-8.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7-10.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-15-5.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg

They will. The Sims 4 engine is a lot better. Those neighborhoods in Sims 3 were seemless that s why lots were dead. Thanks to the loading screens most venues have a good amount of townies.
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Restaurants would be so awesome! I find them the perfect place for a sim to propose plus, restaurants are just awesome!
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake never said there would't be an announcement this month unless I missed that.

There could be an announcement Tuesday though I m not expecting nothing this week and it s more likely next week since next week is the first week of April.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    We must be getting close to an announcement :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    How much you want to bet that teaser was about the editable growfruit and easter egg challenge that we got, and was a hint to that and not a restaurant at all? I'd even bet they did it like that on purpose knowing we'd guess restaurant and knowing how many times that had been requested.

I actually hope I am just thinking that, and it really is restaurants, but it would be just like them to do something like that to tease us for wanting them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    How much you want to bet that teaser was about the editable growfruit and easter egg challenge that we got, and was a hint to that and not a restaurant at all? I'd even bet they did it like that on purpose knowing we'd guess restaurant and knowing how many times that had been requested.

I actually hope I am just thinking that, and it really is restaurants, but it would be just like them to do something like that to tease us for wanting them.

SimGuruNinja seemed to imply it was a gamepack the hint was about and in fact he said he couldn't wait to talk about it. I don't think he meant an Easter Challenge.

• Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That would be horrible lol. He also said "serve up" though so I don't believe it was for these challenges :)
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

*squirms in anticipation* o:)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Hee hee! Very good point! I think they would be. My TS4 lots are a lot fuller than my TS3 ones. These venues are super-empty because they're all in a world that I made that was waaaaaay too oversized, and had more venues than sims. XD
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    crinrict wrote: »
    I'm curious, cinebar: Would you want restaurants personally or you do you think they are redundant of what you described ?

I'm pragmatic. @ Crinrict, I would love restaurants that functioned like TS2 in TS3 or TS4 however, I don't think that is the next GP or whatever based on a tweet from a guru using a very common term like yes, hungry for information. I think that is taking speculation to a whole new level when gurus can't use common everyday terms to answer fans. Then you have to look at what ideas they have put forth and though players have been begging for restaurants since TS3 seven years ago, the team has not given them that sort of thing. But compromised in a way that most of think it's still not a way to order food properly. However, I think these speculating should be logical why would they do that when they just gave you more food at bars put on a counter so everyone could eat it. (but they don't) like the fish N chips etc.

And they have give players cafes where they can order something to go or eat it there. Restaurants theme would be redundant to the team to keep going down that avenue but perhaps they throw in a kiosk here and there and call it a pop up restaurant but if you think this team is going to actually build a GP or EP based upon restaurants then I have a bridge I need to unload. It's not a matter of whether they would like them in the game or not it is a thing about moving on to the next thing and not focusing all their efforts on one subject. That would be a waste to them actually.

ETA: Being practical to a fault let me expand on this. They also just added where you can hire a Sim at any venue where you place the café counters, the bars (to get food or drinks) and other compromised things like that so you can pretend you are at a restaurant or a place that serves food, too. Without having to tag it a particular lot type, just hire a Sim and it will work as one. So, I think they have spent all the time they are going to on the food themes like ordering food.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EthanSimsEthanSims Posts: 27 New Member
    While Resturants Sound Cool, I want an Apartment GP! And it come with a new World like the Sims 2 filled with apartments with different styles and price ranges
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Screenshot-4-9.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Screenshot-3-2.jpg
    Screenshot-18-8.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-7-10.jpg
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-15-5.jpg
    Screenshot-17-3.jpg

Restaurants in TS3 were a joke....and it wasn't even a funny one...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Are we getting an announcement this week? :)
  • Options
    MrMadKeeperMrMadKeeper Posts: 28 Member
    [quote="Bernhardvd22;14690143"]@SimGuruDrake Are we getting an announcement this week? :) [/quote]

@SimGuruDrake to can't answer yet, because she hasn't found most traumatic and frustrating "NO" gif.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    If the guru's aren't supposed to talk about future content why would we get such an obvious "hint"? I'm very skeptical about this being a hint for restaurants.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The Obama one made me lol. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top