The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

I tweeted about the need for GamePack 3 and SimGuruNinja (The NEW head of Gamepacks) Tweeted me back saying: Hang in there! I know you're hungry for news & I can't wait to serve up some fresh info soon!
HUNGRY for news, SERVE UP some fresh info? Did someone say Restaurants? I mean, he could just be using them terms without thought but I don't think he is! What do you guys think? Here's the tweet:

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    o.k. then :(
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    That appears to be legit hint this time.
    tenor.gif
  • CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wow..an actual hint and not just ambiguous tweets.
    The thing I worry about is, are GP's big enough to cover the trashy diners, family diners, romantic date nights/proposals and the classy 5 star restaurants we see? And would we be able to run one?

If the GP is exclusivily about restaurants then why not.
    But if they will include more things other than restaurants then i don't think so.
    tenor.gif
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited February 2016
    I certainly hope so! And if it is restaurants I hope our sims can own and run one, kind of like the sims 3 store set where we could place menus and hire chefs and set what food was on the menus. Gah I'm so excited, one ticket aboard the hype train please! :mrgreen:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The thing I worry about is, are GP's big enough to cover the trashy diners, family diners, romantic date nights/proposals and the classy 5 star restaurants we see? And would we be able to run one?

Not sure about running one but I bet they will be able to cover all of that I mean Spa Day was huge and Outdoor Retreat didn't fall behind.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited February 2016
    I bet if they make a restaurant GP they will also add the "order favourite food" like we have with drinks and order chef's speciality interactions :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Whatever next GP is, I'd buy it.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

As long as they ensure we are given the tools to create any restaurant we'd like ourselves, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to cover the many different types of restaurants.

Also, given it's a game pack, I see no reason why dining proposals, as well as many other new/returning interactions would not be in the pack as well. The same goes for running a restaurant. If we go by Outdoor Retreat, we had an entire world and plenty of content for the game pack. I think a restaurant GP that accomplishes all of that would definitely fall in the standards of a GP, as far as content goes, without being considered an EP, either.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I will be so happy with a Restaurant Gp as long as they are like TS2. You know with waiters,cooks,hostess and table interactions, I'd be over the moon... I'd like to see different styles also like diners, fancy dining and a place to take the family. But yes it does sound like a hint to me B)
    justlurking.gif
    edited February 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I've seen too many 'hints' that were not hints to get excited about anything said.

Agreed. I don't see them building a GP or EP to include restaurants like we want due to they have already built café animations and actions. I think to them that will suffice just as it did in TS3 in the University pack with the object to order food etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have been daydreaming about an open restaurant game pack forever! It would be the perfect concept for a game pack because it could contain so much details and have the same variety of restaurants we have in real life such as family diners, fast food, buffet style, and fancy gourmet dining! I would love if they would also add the ability to fully run one with option to choose menu, employees, and so forth. I would be ecstatic if this would be the next one and I know many other simmers would be too!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Any guess as to what pc objects could come with restaurants?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    A GP dedicated to restaurants doesn't sound right. Hopefully it will have a much more interesting theme. At least we know we're getting info on it soon :smirk:
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »
    A GP dedicated to restaurants doesn't sound right. Hopefully it will have a much more interesting theme. At least we know we're getting info on it soon :smirk:

A GP dedicated to Spas sounds as right as a GP dedicated to Restaurants.

Pc objects?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    tumblr_ljb0o6zxku1qiunvpo1_500.gif

Well, I'm excited to see what happens next.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

I think there's a possibility it would be sort of like that Town Life survey, but with a small neighboorhod like the one from GTW.
    tenor.gif

Soon? Your soon or Maxis' soon? Like on day of release a few times since this game's release? That sort of soon?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

A hostess podium, chefs oven, menus, maybe one of those cool family style rotational sharing table things? Who knows!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Potentially. It all boils down to the functionality that they are aiming for within the budget they have. To be able to own a restaurant would require the ability to purchase real estate, which is something the game doesn't currently offer (besides retail stores but that functionality is exclusive to the GTW expansion pack and only serves for retail lots).

I don't see why they couldn't include a range of styles, seeing as the functionality for nearly all objects required are already there. I doubt there would be an official ranking like Sims 2 had, not even retail has that.

Ideally my wish list for restaurants would be:
    Fully functioning (a host, waiter, cook, bartender, and bus boy/girl)
    The ability to own and run your own (not sure if this would make the cut for a game pack)
    And building off of the "own your own" idea, we should be able to fully customize our menu.

I would love a ranking system, imo that's part of the fun with running your business, but if we get restaurants that operate like Spa Day there would be no point because we couldn't run them anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top