Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @Writin_Reg so cute, I agree, I liked how pets had the "explore under" interaction, maybe toddlers could have something similar. A special hide interaction with floor length curtains would be very adorable as well.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    General themes.
    Using produce to feed the toddlers-perhaps getting special learning abilities from meals with good nutritional value?

This reminds me of TS2 juice maker, I loved that one, but it was sad that the children couldn't use it. Would love to see the juice maker make a return with recipes that suits TS4 sims.

Some of the Sims 2 recipies:
    Apple juice - faster homework
    Orange juice - cures cold
    Pepper punch - energy boost
    Strawberry juice - clears furious a bit
    Veggie cocktail - faster skill building

snapshot_d45b78bc_361bbc3b.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    shygirl wrote: »
    Bring back some of The Sims 2 stuff

Teach nursery rhymes, play pattycake and play peekaboo

Yes !!! I would love seeing these make a return

Rip_Co_Xylophone.png

Ts2_rip_co_wobbly_wabbit_head.png

Baby_Brainiac_Peg_Toybox.png

TeenyTykesActivityTable.png

Yes but I also want new objects.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I mentioned the colouring table in my last post. It would also be cool if we could hang their erm 'artwork' on cupboards and things like we can when kids do drawings. Also for an idea if they are given a colouring table maybe toddlers with a mischievous trait could take the crayons and draw on the walls >:)

Yes, I want brats.

Some ideas for different traits.

Happy trait - Laugh at almost everything. Dances and plays a lot. Learns quickly.

Mischievous trait - Throws food, splashes parents in the bath, annoys other toddlers, draws on walls, more likely to ignore parents when being taught new things, splashes in the toilet, kicks over potty.

Introvert trait - Cries when meeting new Sims. Doesn't like the company of other toddlers.

Angry trait - Cries a lot more often, throws food and toys and fights with other toddlers.

You could really have a field day with traits and emotions when it comes to them.

These sound great! I'd be tempted to give all my toddlers the happy trait. My rl daughter would have that AND the mischievous trait. Sounds just like her. XD
  • Options
    Ebby224Ebby224 Posts: 15 Member
    Im really in love with theses Ideas its like you all are reading my mind XD but Id like them to have a toy car that they can sit and ride on that be soo cute !! and have a pipe (Dummie) when they are going to sleep or anytime :3 and a good set of cute clothes and hair bows and stuff naww this is getting me all excited I hope that we will get alot of theses stuff in with the toddlers I have a good feeling about this one for sure!! o:)
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ebby224 wrote: »
    Im really in love with theses Ideas its like you all are reading my mind XD but Id like them to have a toy car that they can sit and ride on that be soo cute !! and have a pipe (Dummie) when they are going to sleep or anytime :3 and a good set of cute clothes and hair bows and stuff naww this is getting me all excited I hope that we will get alot of theses stuff in with the toddlers I have a good feeling about this one for sure!! o:)

I saw 'pipe' and thought 'whaaaaat?' Glad you said Dummy/ie. That's a word I haven't heard in FORVER. Totally off topic but I had mine until I was about 7. I would sneak it into school in my sock haha.

--T

Edit: edit.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Abortions! And miscarriages!

Sorry, I know that's controversial... but one would be optional and the other is a random thing.
    No, thank you. How are either of those things fun?

I hope that toddlers would be included in story time. That is one of my favourite animations from TS4, where an adult can read a story and the kids will gather round, sit on the sofa/chairs/kneel on the floor. It would be great if the toddlers could sit amongst them or on the adults lap.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think they should have really really cute clothes and instead of them having an actual phone or tablet I think they should have a play one like this:pTRU1-16497148dt.jpg
    And things like bath toys those sorts of things would be a nice addition and like cute little play sets with the characters from the kids tv channel like this disney-doc-mcstuffins-doctors-bag-playset-13073622-01.jpg
    And cute outdoor toys for the toddlers would be nice as well playset2.jpg sorry if the pictures huge I'm using my phone
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Loanet that's not really a suggestion for toddlers given that it's before the baby arrives. Perhaps you could start a thread in ideas section for that?
  • Options
    Ebby224Ebby224 Posts: 15 Member
    > @To7m said:
    > Ebby224 wrote: »
    >
    > Im really in love with theses Ideas its like you all are reading my mind XD but Id like them to have a toy car that they can sit and ride on that be soo cute !! and have a pipe (Dummie) when they are going to sleep or anytime :3 and a good set of cute clothes and hair bows and stuff naww this is getting me all excited I hope that we will get alot of theses stuff in with the toddlers I have a good feeling about this one for sure!! o:)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I saw 'pipe' and thought 'whaaaaat?' Glad you said Dummy/ie. That's a word I haven't heard in FORVER. Totally off topic but I had mine until I was about 7. I would sneak it into school in my sock haha.
    >
    > --T
    >
    > Edit: edit.

LOL sorry XD didnt to confuse you lmao
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    This thread is awesome. I love so many of these ideas. Thank you @SimGuruDrake for stopping by and telling me to come check it out. It was a super fun read for a Friday afternoon. And you all have literally the BEST images.

That moment when @SimGuruLyndsay complements all the participants of this thread :'(
    **I'm melting*
    **feeling special**
    **feeling heard**

> I started to have hope.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited March 2016
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but separation anxiety is HUGE for toddlers. I used to love the TS2 thing where the toddler would "follow" their favorite adult around the house. But in TS4, with emotions now, the toddler could also (randomly, not all the time) get a sad moodlet if they can't see one of their parents.

Also, can we have stair gates, please!? And also crafty toddlers that can break through them and climb the stairs anyway? (I totally see toddlers having a mischief skill.) This was literally my son's favorite thing to do at that age!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but separation anxiety is HUGE for toddlers. I used to love the TS2 thing where the toddler would "follow" their favorite adult around the house. But in TS4, with emotions now, the toddler could also (randomly, not all the time) get a sad moodlet if they can't see one of their parents.

Ooh that's a great point! Well done @pixiejuice :)
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »

Also, can we have stair gates, please!? And also crafty toddlers that can break through them and climb the stairs anyway? (I totally see toddlers having a mischief skill.) This was literally my son's favorite thing to do at that age!

Eheh...Definitely tie that in with cribclimbers too (Again, yes, I was one of those.)

I was also one of those that had a 'harness' as a child. Unlike the cute ones with monkeys and soft fabric today though, mine was the usual plain one that....Admit, Mom! It was a leash!...LOL
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    How about having play dates for toddlers
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I loved the idea for hide and seek would be cool if they could program it into things like the closet.. not sure about that bush.. eww. Maybe..

I was thinking the other day I'd love it if they had an imaginary world they could visit.. toddlers or children. There could be some entrance in the home (like the closet or something new) that takes them to a hidden lot. Personally I'd like for time to stand still there, but doubt they would do that. Wouldn't mind if it could be both happy or scary(ish). There are so many stories like that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I loved the idea for hide and seek would be cool if they could program it into things like the closet.. not sure about that bush.. eww. Maybe..

I was thinking the other day I'd love it if they had an imaginary world they could visit.. toddlers or children. There could be some entrance in the home (like the closet or something new) that takes them to a hidden lot. Personally I'd like for time to stand still there, but doubt they would do that. Wouldn't mind if it could be both happy or scary(ish). There are so many stories like that.

Ooooh! The wardrobe to Narnia! Spare oom ---->
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Ooooh! The wardrobe to Narnia! Spare oom ---->

I love that, for Children. Hide and seek seems "old" for toddlers, though. I guess a lot of people in this thread are also thinking "preschooler"/"nursery-school age" when they're looking at this age group? I've been thinking more starting to walk (12-18 months) to about 2 and a half or 3.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited March 2016
    Technically, toddler age range is 1-4. So I think anything happening in that age range is acceptable. My kiddos have loved playing hide and seek, tag, and ring around the Rosie since they were about 2.

Also...my sons version of ring around the Rosie:

Ring around the Rosie
    Popper pops a posie
    Crashes, crashes
    We all fall down

Bwahahaha
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    can we have little superhero clothing too. like batman batgirl superman supergirl wonderwomen tmnt transformers stuff like that but sim versions for the wittle toddlers. or have those cute little animal/monster hoodies
    70e8af8451a1584b2f1a7ad58af65dec.jpg
    halloween-target-clearance.jpg
    Cute-Animal-Ear-Hoodie-Zipper-Jacket-Children-Pants-Baby-Clothing-Set-for-Girl-Boy-Outfits-Kid.jpg
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I would like sippy cups for toddlers.. il_570xN.428742858_sdh2.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif