Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok, this will sound a little morbid, but I'm sure this idea hasn't been put out in this thread before. I would LOVE to have toddler ghosts and for children & toddlers to be able to get sick and die. There can be medicine for them, but if they aren't given the medicine they will eventually get too sick and pass or other ways to have toddler/children deaths as well. (Or maybe just make it so that ghosts can have babies, so it's not so morbid.) I know it's morbid and it's sad, but it's SO great for storytelling. Lots of families have to deal with the tragedy of a loss and I think it'd be such a beautiful, sad story to tell.

I would LOVE to have a haunted mansion that is haunted by an adorable little toddler. <3 Sorry that this is morbid, but I love the sadder things in life for stories. I just like to be able to tell a wide range of stories with all the emotions of happiness and sadness, including death. I think it makes the story more real.

I think what I really want is just for supernatural toddlers to not be forgotten and also for there to be able to be hybrids of different supernaturals. I want variations between the abilities they'll be able to get if they're hybrids that way no two hybrids are alike. I'd like specialized animations for alien toddlers, ghost toddlers, faerie toddlers, mersim toddlers, genie toddlers....etc....

You must also bring back mermaids, genies and dragons.....but I'm getting off topic, lol. Basically, don't forget the supernatural toddlers! Give them special powers and abilities! If they're hybrids maybe let the game randomize a mix of abilities between all the life-states that hybrid is so that each hybrid is unique.

I'm VERY excited about having supernatural families. I'd love to watch a faerie mother teaching her little toddlers how to fly, Ooh! once faerie toddlers learn to fly, they can fly up to sit on shelves or get to higher places that other toddlers can't get to, they can fly up stairs too. OOooh! They can fly to sit on the kitchen counter and get into the cookie jar! We also need bigger aquariums, and aquariums for restaurants so that I can hire mermaids to swim and wave to guests, but other than that mersim toddlers should be able to climb into large-fancy fish-tanks and have their legs transform into a tail and swim around playing with the fishes, or they're the only toddler that can swim in a pool with the rest of the family without any floaties or safety equipment and they flip and spin and jump out of the water like little dolphins playing with their parents and family, every time they get a bath they sprout a tail! They can fall asleep at the bottom of the pool and take naps down there, they do underwater somersalts and acrobats and then breach the water with their fins on display and laughing. Maybe have some toddler objects for mersims that go in the pool for toddler mersims to nap underwater and feel comforted. Saltwater pools would also be amazing to add to the realism so you can have freshwater or saltwater mersims. Mersim parents would have to teach their toddlers how to swim and then the toddler could swim on their own, human toddlers will have to be supervised and use flotation devices. <3 Genie toddlers can float around on a puff of smoke or grant wishes from other toddlers that result in catastrophe or a mess or a bunch of cookies/toys on the floor.

Or a wolf dad taking his little pups out on the town as a pack or teaching them to hunt, vampire parents having to warn the nanny that their toddler bites or maybe their toddlers bite all the nannies or something. LOL! Just cute things like that!
    Post edited by DarciTheFox on
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    ROCKING CHAIRS! OMG! I LOVE ROCKING CHAIRS! :o<3 Rock the babies to sleep. Awww!
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    @DarciTheFox *cuteness overload* I cant wait for supernatural toddlers and I love your idea of every hybrid having a slightly different power. I also love the idea of a fairy teaching their child to fly and that adorableness.

I think they should add some extra trait slots if they will add toddlers or make the trait choosing at the toddler stage because personally I don't wont a creepy trait less baby on my hands ;D
    They should add dummies (sorry if someone's already said this) you would have to try and stop the toddler from using its dummy a lot, just like real life, the toddlers may have fits if there dummy gets taken away or start to cry. I think painting on walls would be a neat idea and I think it would be funny when the parents find out! Another thing I think should be added is when a child or teenager is doing or done there homework a toddler could come scribble over it! (That's happened a lot to me).
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ok toddler gameplay:

Babies age into toddlers

Toddlers have all the emotions, they can get dazzed, angry, bored, etc.

Sims can feed toddlers by going into the fridge to pick a bottle (would love to see babies updated with this) and a small amount of money is taken from the household funds.

New baby food recipes

Basic objects:

High-chair (the player can choose to click the food as a toddler and choose play with or eat, playing with it gives a playful moodlet and increases fun for the toddler)

Potty (potty skill)

Changing station (this or toddlers could be given a bath in regular tubs or actual toddler tubs don't know)

When changing a diaper a dirty diaper will appear in the sim's inventory to put in the trash (I think it would make it more realistic but people might get annoyed at it....)

Toddler pool (toddlers can splash, play with toys in the pool, support for more than one toddler and play with XX sim interaction or play with XX toddler in the pool interaction)

Toddler cribs and mobiles (mobiles could be actual gameplay objects that increase fun, there should also be a "break from crib" interaction and off course a sleep one)

Teddy bears and other toys (that aren't giant sized).

Hand painting board or activity table where they can do that and other things and get creative skill.

etc.

Other:

I would love if toddlers could play with the TV remote, jump on puddles, dance, listen to music, play with other toddlers and kids etc.

Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Seconded playing with TV remote - specially annoying people who are watching something by changing channels and see the reaction.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Kind of a toddler idea but they need to add the scared emotion. There are plenty of "scary" things at toddler/child stage.

Like vacumns....all three of my sons would scream bloody murder when it was turned on,lol.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    I love this thread.... it seems to me that most people want mess, mayhem, mischief and lots and lots of toys and objects.

I second the idea of toddlers being their own little characters, with their own interactions, and interesting to play as themselves. When they learn to talk, I would love if they could then ask for things and chat away to their toys. That would be adorable.

If even half of this stuff was included, toddlers would be amazing. Please sims team!! :s

• Options
    barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    Definitely dancing... *WARNING! Cuteness overload!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgXPl3XM_NA

lol so cute. Can't wait for my newborn to amuse me like this.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about baby monitors for when you're sleeping or catching a romantic movie but the baby wakes up?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    What a delightful thread this is. I go away for a bit to do other things and come back to read so many wonderful ideas. I can see it all, as ironic as it sounds, and it's giving me peps finally for Sims 4 - the ironic part is this is just feedback and we haven't even been told it'd happen. I am such a dork I swear sometimes. LOL. But anyway - love everyones ideas - and I so hope this happens with so many cute and wonderful things added to the game along with these sweet darling toddlers everyone is making me see in the Sims game in my head.

Thank you simmers for making such a charming thread - more, more, more. Love this. Makes me excited just thinking of all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Seconded playing with TV remote - specially annoying people who are watching something by changing channels and see the reaction.

Omigosh. I am suddenly reminded of our COMPLETE FAIL at trying to fool our first kid with a toy remote, and then with one with no batteries. He figured it out right away :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    > @tonicmole said:
    > What if you pick the traits for toddlers, however the catch is that many good traits for adults, take bad toddler forms. For instance, a toddler with the "Creative" trait would draw on everything and an Adult Sim would have to clean it off. Basically if you want to raise a really good Sim you'd have to deal with their rather difficult toddler form. :smiley: Also many skills are increased by not so perfect behavior. Like the creative skill could only be increased by drawing on walls, however it gives other sims the negative environment moodlet. Charisma is gained by screaming gibberish. Frankly, toddlers ain't no walk in the park.
    >
    >
    >
    > One last thing. The internet has never seen so many people agree on one thing ever. It's like we are all reading each others minds. I love everyones idea's. The gifs and pictures are great also!

I really love this idea! :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    tonicmole wrote: »
    What if you pick the traits for toddlers, however the catch is that many good traits for adults, take bad toddler forms. For instance, a toddler with the "Creative" trait would draw on everything and an Adult Sim would have to clean it off. Basically if you want to raise a really good Sim you'd have to deal with their rather difficult toddler form. :smiley: Also many skills are increased by not so perfect behavior. Like the creative skill could only be increased by drawing on walls, however it gives other sims the negative environment moodlet. Charisma is gained by screaming gibberish. Frankly, toddlers ain't no walk in the park.

476589762.jpg?v=1&g=fs3%7C1%7CISFF%7C89%7C762&s=1

One last thing. The internet has never seen so many people agree on one thing ever. It's like we are all reading each others minds. I love everyones idea's. The gifs and pictures are great also!

Oh yes that would put a bit of twist into it for sure. LOL. Fun times ahead. Just as long as I never walk into the nursery in game and find my toddler, crib, wall and everything covered in poo - when my little one decides to decorate his environment with excrement from his diaper. OMG I swear all three of my sons did that to me. All I did was gag through the whole adventure trying to clean it all up.

My first thought when I saw it with my first toddler surprise with my first born - all I could think is it's time to just move out of the house. LOL. But seriously - I could see a tot doing that in game - but most of me says - please don't.

I don't think I will ever live enough years to forget those kind of events. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    This thread is awesome. I love so many of these ideas. Thank you @SimGuruDrake for stopping by and telling me to come check it out. It was a super fun read for a Friday afternoon. And you all have literally the BEST images.

Thank you for stopping by to visit us @SimGuruLyndsay
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    This might have been suggested but I'd love to see them be able to get into a "little" toddler mischief. Maybe something like turning on the garden hose and playing in the mud outside- or (don't know how this might work animation wise) cutting their own hair. Also, this probably would be pretty easy as it could work like the decals, have them paint/color on the walls- throw food on the walls ect. When they do pets it might also be "naughty" fun if toddlers were patched in the ability to "pull tail" with the family pet- lol- causing the pet to run and hide. I would also love these actions to be doable autonomously so you'd be surprised by them as a parent. Good thread this.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @DarciTheFox
    I loved your ideas about supernatural babies/todders in general. I've been thinking I'd like to have a ghost baby in the game, so if when they add toddlers I'd like that too. No telling if they will go in that direction but here's hoping :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    When a pets expansion gets implemented, I'd love to see interactions like these:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

And it would be great to have a large variety of toys.

You could have bath toys, 0086742_CF0001.jpg

Those stacky ring things, $_35.JPG?set_id=2

Toy laptops, 51UiftgIoQL.jpg

It would be great if dress up came back as well! Guidecraft-Espresso-Dress-Up-Storage-Center-P16269827.jpg

I also think it would be really cute to have a toy makeup station. Just imagine your adorable little toddlers running around with lipstick all over their faces. s-l1000.jpg

I really hope that toddlers are coming back, and that the sims team isn't just letting us get our hopes up for nothing. :#

I decided to read back a few pages- OMG! The dog pushing the kid in the peddle car is killing me! I'd so pay for just that-LOL! And the little kid asleep on the cat! LOL! Love those pictures!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited March 2016
    Please make the animations Toddler like and not stiff like TS3 Toddlers.
    Nothing better than a Toddler moving like a Toddler. :cookie:
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Please make the animations Toddler like and not stiff like TS3 Toddlers.
    Nothing better than a Toddler moving like a Toddler. :cookie:

They did have a creepy head turn when they were crawling fast. Kind of freaked me out, especially when they were looking at something above them so their eyes rolled back in their heads.

When they're first learning to walk, I would love to see wobbly walking or running and then bam! faceplant!
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Since Ideas are covered by this thread by tons of family players.
    If Toddlers are being developed and are at the final stage ( this just might be too late ), but It'd be more fun and much of a challenge If Toddlers had 1-2 extra need bars for Attention and Fun.

Not only will this autonomously have the parent sims take care of their child in the way they need to be, but this will always help gain relationships points between Toddlers and parents. We (the players) would have to attend to those bars and that will boost relationship (points) with parents and It would be cool that once the relationship bar is at full the sim parents will unlock extra interactions to show even more love towards the Toddler and we can possibly expand those unlocked extra interactions with children also. :star:
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I already shared these ideas with Honeywell but I'll share again and expand on it. I've tried to omit what's already been mention or things or stuff that previous todds had/did in previous iterations. This is going to be a LONG ONE:

NEW SKILLS
    *eating
    *instrument skills
    *logic
    *singing tied in with talking skill
    *swimming
    *arts and crafts

NEW ITEMS and ITEM POSSIBILITIES (includes upgrades to pre existing ones)
    *kiddy pool (can be used by children also)
    *highchairs can be placed around tables and counters like other chairs (height is automatically modified to fit eating surface)
    *Floor mat
    *Kiddy chairs
    *Todds can nap un beds
    *Sand box
    *Todds can use clay
    *Adults can remove Canvas from Easel for Todds to finger paint then frame it later
    *Musical Triangle
    *Todds can be bathed in tub/sink/kiddie pool.
    *Todds can swim unattended in pool (has to be placed in by adult though)
    *large tiled jig saw puzzle

NEW SELF INTERACTIONS:
    *teething (autonomous, include moodlets)
    *drooling (autonomous, Include moodlets)
    *vomiting (autonomous, include moodlets) -may be due to playing/moving being handled too soon after eating or what was ate.
    *self feed -tied in with eating skill (todd can spill food in the process), also applies to raw or processed produce from gardening
    *push chair/ high chair -interaction unlocked when todd learns to walk
    *wash in toilet -applies to toys from the chest/doll house/food (raw produce and bottle)
    *play in toilet- unlocked at certain level of new swimming skill where todd learns to splash
    *watch *sim/cow plant* - affects logic (include moodlet)
    * explore (bookshelves/cupboards) - ends up destroying makeshift books/crackery that apples to what's explored.
    * explore small bins/trash piles - gets dirty in the end
    * swim- starts by being held by T/YA/A/E sim (in pool or kiddy pool, then progresses to circular toddler life saver then unattended when mastered (pool only).
    * splash puddles
    * watch TV (unable to turn on or change channels)
    * listen to radio (unable to turn on or change stations)
    * sing to/clap to cowplant
    * cuddle cowplant

NEW INTERACTION w/ OTHER TODDLERS
    *tug of war for toy (autonomous)
    *splash (applies to tub, kiddy pool and pool)
    *sing together-harmony and level of participation depend on talking skill progress
    *clap along/clap together-clap to singing, musical instrument being played or just clapping together
    *solve together- plays with jig saw and shape blocks
    *share -applies to food and small toys

CHILDREN
    *play peek a boo (initiated by child)
    *sing favourite lullabies (learnt, initiated by child) - todd will sing along based on talking skill progress and relationship with child
    *read favourite bed time stories to *todd* - (child initiated)
    *play dress up with - includes clothing chest, child will play make-believe with clueless todd
    *play with toys together- child plays with chest toys in todd company (todd either "watches' or play with toys as well)
    *aww and/or kiss- done while toddler sleeps
    *splash- tub, pool, kiddy pool

TEEN/ADULTS/YA/ELDERS
    *bathe -tub, sink and kiddy pool
    *serve food (rather than being spoon fed, todds are served food unattended)- only becomes available at certain progress lvl of eating skill
    *Read/ Lullaby to sleep (should be introduced to child as well)
    *Rock to sleep (in arms or arm chair)
    *let listen to voice - available when sim multitasks phone and holding todd
    *Potty train on special toilet seat- becomes available when todd apparently mastered potty training skill and sim is testing if the potty training paid off
    *take for swim - pool, kiddy pool
    *ask for 'up-up' (lift me gesture) - initiated by todd
    *todds should be placed in the lap of a sim if a sim witches to sitting position while holding the todd.
    *aww and/or goodnight kiss - while todd sleeps
    *sing to/clap to *instrument*

Alien todds:
    special skill synchronize -todds send out brainwaves and performs self hypnosis to learn lullabies, songs from other sims/radio faster than normal todds. (would be associated with appropriate animation- *coughs at EA*)

Now I'll turn off my brain a bit and hope that IF someone implements these things they can think of fun ways to integrate new moodlets and emotions into the game play.

Peace.

> How about the Cow Plant become the toddler protector if the toddler go to sleep near the plant,and only permitting the parents,grandparents ( who living in the same house) and the teenage siblings to pick up the toddler.