Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Since I haven't gotten to play more than 1/2 hour today I only have a few screenshots...

Matthew Loves this shirt (wonder why ;) )

Screenshot-2315_zpsel4qiedo.jpg

My lovely Charlotte shirt!

Purple Charlotte!

Screenshot-2317_zpshbk3yzce.jpg

Screenshot-2314_zpsuvbjzqy9.jpg

Messing around with more patterns from @CravenLestat , I love this!

Screenshot-2316_zpsf9k3m38z.jpg

Connor's "manly" truck...

Screenshot-2312_zpsyauyjt1w.jpg

Screenshot-2313_zpsoin0yyn4.jpg

Connor's "yes, I am in fact thrilled to be "alive" face! :p

Screenshot-2318_zps2lreixle.jpg

:smiley:

• Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    lol!!
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @CravenLestat: Are the car patterns easy to download?

@Puddinroy..Yes it is only 2 patterns but each works on every EA car.There is a slight difference in each.Can put the pattern on any car and change to a color you like.They are each maybe 198 KB in size.Go get them both and try em out.It makes EAs cars look good.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Updated a bunch on Island End on the stories thread. NSFW parts... bad language.... all of that. Be warned. I've also gone further on the blog itself, but haven't caught up updated on here yet.

HERE.

25134522065_215076d1e9_o.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member

@Puddinroy..Yes it is only 2 patterns but each works on every EA car.There is a slight difference in each.Can put the pattern on any car and change to a color you like.They are each maybe 198 KB in size.Go get them both and try em out.It makes EAs cars look good.

Yay, just downloaded them
    :) Smile!

• Options

@Puddinroy , If he could teach me..aka, the biggest computer doofus in the entire world, he could teach you. ;)
  • Options

and shirts....Claire is wearing one made from one of the car patterns.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @CravenLestat Here are two cars I made with your patterns. Love how the cars look with the patterns and color changes. They work great on all the cars. The third car I had to share cause it will be my teens when we get enuff simoleans to afford it. It is a cc 'stang circa 1970. Your patterns didn't quite do what I wanted on it, but, inspired me to hunt for one and I like how it looks.

24504652294_0677c4ea91_c.jpg

24504652514_c30ec20ce7_c.jpg

24839697190_bd56b85f47_c.jpg
  • Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    @CravenLestat
    I'm not even going to explain why I tagged you; :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    Page 448
    @carlymichelle You did a good job on the toddler hat.

@emorrill The flutter t-shirt looks nice on your Sim-self.
    - Great view.

@KevinL5275 Great update. The twins are so cute.

And a bit of an update on my Nothing is Free Challenge. I've modified it a bit due to the NRaaS StoryProgression mod population issues.

In addition to their two sons, Lucas and Jayson, Al and Beverly had a daughter, Hanna, and another son, Blake.

Lucas maxed Logic and Gardening and bought the Big Park.

Jayson maxed Logic, Athletics and Painting and got the Police Station. Al and Jayson joined the police force and are currently both snitches.

Lucas and Jayson are both young adults now. (I've got the aging set really high for this one, so their parents are still young adults too, but are over halfway to adult. I may have to adjust the aging, and move them on to adults.)

Hanna maxed Logic and bought the Hospital. She is still a teen and has 8 days before she ages up to young adult.

Lucas joined the medical profession and is currently an organ donor.

Blake is still a child, so he can't work on the Handiness and Athletic skills until he becomes a teen. His birthday is in two days. When he has them maxed, he will get the Fire Station and join the Fire Fighting career.

Al and Beverly have been very friendly autonomously thanks to an unnamed mod, and are expecting another child.

Unfortunately, despite my saying not to, the Story Progression mod got rid of all my homeless people, because my Sim's home was the only house in the whole town.

As a result, there was no one for the guys to meet other than the mail carrier and the newspaper delivery child. I decided I would have to add empty houses for townies to move into in order to be able to do this challenge.

I added 8 one bedroom starter homes and 1 one bedroom trailer house, four two bedroom homes, and three three bedroom homes. I also added an apartment building and moved in the Martinez couple from the bin. I imagine that some others will immigrate and fill up the other apartments?

I still have the five oceanside lots, five 30x30 lots, and all of the 30x40 and larger lots empty for moving my Sims into to live their lives autonomously when they have purchased their venues.

I then created some potential mates for my three eldest and moved them into another three bedroom home nearby.

(And if you are wondering, the three stray dogs are paying for a lot of this with their hunting. I send them out about three times a week or so. Al helps with his drama book commissions, and Beverly has fifteen money trees in addition to all of her perfect plant harvests. Al and the kids just got jobs to meet new people and have something to do, as well as contribute to the family funds. I took out 100,000 to set up the house for the three potential mates, and my active Sim household currently has about 250,000 Simoleans for purchase of future venues.)

I wanted to send Lucas to meet up with Alexandria (they work together at the Hospital) but she was not home, and it said she was at the park. He went there to find her and some new townies protesting something (probably the lack of places to go and places to work?? hehe). He finally got her attention and they talked briefly before she ran off for home, as it was about midnight by then.

Beverly, Lucas and Jayson have all met their Lifetime Wishes.

Al's Lifetime Wish is to become a Great Explorer. Since he maxed his writing skill and bought the bookstore, he's free to travel now. He's been to Al Simhara three times now, once for three days, and twice for five days. He's getting ready to go to Shang Simla to quest for the Axe of Pangu. We'll see how that goes. (This is my first time playing around with World Adventures. I'm having a blast doing the quests and exploring the tombs.)

Oh, and both Al and Lucas have been abducted by aliens. Still waiting to see how that pans out. :lol:

Going to grab some dinner and catch up on the five more pages of updates here, then go play with Shang Simla. :smiley:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Karritz RE: Riverboats. I love them. Here, they have two even larger riverboats to take people down the Chena to see a mock Native American village. That's fun, but very "touristy" especially when you've seen it a number of times with visitors!
    @TadOlson Your Sims 2 game is fun to look at. I recently got the Ultimate collection for free when they were giving that away. I had good times with Sims 2. I never played Sims 1 and haven't tried Sims 4 either.

@Charlottesmom I like your Monty sim. Lily's sour expression looks just like Claire's! Congrats on the little Evil Bundle of Joy! ...The scenes teaching Milah to talk were great! And I love Sparkle. ...The toy circle. LOL ...Connor's new car paint job turned out great. ...RE: Moose. They really are BIG! I've run into moose a couple of times hiking. Too close for comfort. They can be dangerous at times, especially if a cow is protecting her calf.

@MemoriiValentine I checked your blog out. Great story! ...I've never tried the homeschooling option (NRaas?). I like the reasons you gave in your story for doing it.
    @Ariel0105 Have fun with Seasons. Beautiful ice skating scenes!
    @Cororon Your jumping spider! LOL

@Soulfien Your household sounds busy! Fun that the ghost showed up. Are Peetah and she still showing as exes?
    @bekkasan Love your car recolorings.
    @Anonymous_Loba24 Welcome back! Loved seeing your quads. Whoa! Four babies again. So fun.
    @venusdemilosims Loved the update of Skylar and her gigs. Glad things are working out for her now!

@GaiaHypothesis Loved the Bruce and Emma updates. Yay! Did they take a baby dragon home? The red one would really fit their personalities. LOL Or maybe the purple one to balance them out. HA! ...Galilea grew up to be a cute little girl. ...I like Emma's outfit in China. Very pretty. LOL at Bruce getting into the Indiana Jones thing! Beautiful scenery shots. ...The Island story. Wow! Evelyn is intriguing. Anxious to see what she's about.

@lasummerb I like Bernie's, July's, and Ciara's makeovers. ...RE: Grass in the sidewalks. I'm always surprised by the graphics detail in Sims 3. ...Fun that Topher fought off the strange cat! ...Loved Ciara's date with Marcus. And that fight! Keep your options open, Ciara! You don't need some guy messing with your emotions! You have too many great things happening in your life to deal with that nonsense! HA!

@CravenLestat Another cute tshirt! ...I really like those car patterns. I'll check them out soon. I just added some limited edition items which you suggested. And I also found a bunch of unlocked stencils that EA had hidden on various items. I recently put those in my game and have been testing to see that they made it in ok.

@texansky Your challenge sounds like it's really booming! Lots of activities going on. Sorry the game took out your homeless, but I'm glad you solved the problem by providing them places to live. I love that the dogs are paying for lots by hunting!
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited February 2016
    lanlyn wrote: »

@MemoriiValentine I checked your blog out. Great story! ...I've never tried the homeschooling option (NRaas?). I like the reasons you gave in your story for doing it.
    thanks :o they get to spend more time with grandparents too that way x3 yes i use nraas for it.beatrix was homeschooled too if i remember
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Mmmm.... pancakes. Nomnomnomnom But now there's butter everywhere!! *heads off to shower plotting revenge*

@Surreal ,Revenge is easy, just put huge knocker on Betty and throw in a few hairy dudes. Easy peasy. ;)

Connor is quite secure in his masculinity, that truck is just what he likes! *kidding!* will recolor with more guylike colors.

What she said^^^ Be warned, @CravenLestat
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @TadOlson @PalmArrow @jillbg @Peach77 @GaiaHypothesis @KevinL5275 @cwaddell @thuggishsplicer @lanlyn
    Thanks for all of your comments on my last post! I just realized it has been 10 days since I played TS3! Working on 2 Bachelor's degrees has taken up all my free time. The dog is a mixture that the game created. I thought that it was so ugly, it was cute, so I had to save it to my library.

@BrianAndree Your Sims are beautiful!
    @lanlyn Those photos are breathtaking ( the real-life photos). Awesome that there was a moose in your yard. Awesome Sim-bots!
    @GaiaHypothesis Awesome Emma and Bruce updates! Smh at Bruce leaving the kid behind. I thought that the photo of Emma stuck in the pizza box was pretty funny.
    @Anonymous_Loba24 Your Sims are looking great. I still think that quadruplets is crazy; I have never had anything more than twins in my game!
    @venusdemilosims That sucks that very few people showed up for Skylar's gig, I'm happy that they enjoyed themselves, though!
    @lasummerb Great pictures! My cat doesn't take to kindly to other cats, either!
    @CravenLestat Awesome car colors!
    @Charlottesmom I love your updates. Lol at Claire teaching her daughter to run from the cops!
    @Ariel0105 Congrats on getting Seasons! CravenLestat is right, winter is addictive. I live in the Southeast U.S. and we don't get much winter weather here. I put my real life Sim family in a winter wonderland.

24769342579_622b597d21_c.jpg

@MemoriiValentine What a cute pic of the toddlers playing peekaboo!
    @Cororon Great updates! I think that the only way that I could ever sing karaoke in public is in this game.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    I finally got ITF, so my EP collection is complete! I haven't played in a while, so not a lot of exciting things have happened. Looking through this thread, I realize that there are so many things that I have not yet done with this game. I took Nina into the future briefly just to kind of look around. I bought her the Immortal lifetime wish, because I got tired of her not being able to spend much time outside. Now she sparkles in the sun :/ .

24506527754_8f071ef207_b.jpg

24769516939_b90c219f17_b.jpg

25043946771_3d2802b676_b.jpg

Nina made this painting and decided to keep it:

25110875986_c71796b098_b.jpg

Sophie, the heir to generation 3, met a guy, Michel, and started getting flirty:

25018970532_c074f832f6_b.jpg

24769516099_849c15a2f6_b.jpg

That's all that I've got so far. I'll probably be up late getting my Sim fix since it has been so long since I have played.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Working with Bruce and Emma again, but in the mean time... I'm spamming you with edited pictures of Jonah, Laken, and Evelyn. :)

What what?!? He has a shirt on? Doesn't he look gorgeous in B&W? I never make sim pics in B&W but this one called for it.
    24843248580_82a03d2858_o.jpg

The Brothers, Laken and Jonah.
    24508233864_645c1fdf67_o.jpg

Evelyn all black widowed up. I wanted to channel THIS because Evelyn is supposed to be mixed Asian... or just racially ambiguous.
    24508231524_8bda1510e7_o.jpg

And here she is looking like herself but less grubby and intense. LOL
    25020665282_8fd9d3ac37_o.jpg

Studio
  • Options
    @GaiaHypothesis , yeah...WHY does Jonah have a shirt on?!?! Yes, he looks good in B&W, he'd probably look good in any color! ;)
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom LOL He had to put on some clothes because he needed new earrings, and then he needed a formal outfit. He kept ending up in this atrocious mess that the game put together for him. Apparently I never figured he would need to wear clothes, so I never made him a formal outfit. LOL
    Studio
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Mmmm.... pancakes. Nomnomnomnom But now there's butter everywhere!! *heads off to shower plotting revenge*

@Surreal ,Revenge is easy, just put huge knocker on Betty and throw in a few hairy dudes. Easy peasy. ;)

Connor is quite secure in his masculinity, that truck is just what he likes! *kidding!* will recolor with more guylike colors.

@Surreal & @Charlottesmom LOL!!! You two! :lol:

Matthew Loves this shirt (wonder why ;) )

Screenshot-2315_zpsel4qiedo.jpg
    Hmmm....I can't figure out why. ;););)

@CravenLestat I'm anxious to try out your car patterns and post pics. *sigh* Just haven't been in the mood the past couple of days to play Sims. :( It's a lot of things.

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @venusdemilosims -I hate being sick though I love having Sims 2 to enjoy if I'm not able to play TS3 because I'm too sick.Great pictures!
    @lasummerb -Great update!I don't use any Mods to get sims out and I get a lot out for the size of my population though hangouts are empty if I don't have enough residents moved into town yet.
    @lanlyn -I've had sound cut out or lost control of the volume and had to reboot.I just played with Sims 2 earlier today and had fun playing my families in the boarding house.
    @Cororon -I've had to replace faulty disks in Sims 2 a few times.Great update!
    @GaiaHypothesis -Great update!Great pictures!
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!I just downloaded your patterns to try them out.
    @texansky Great update!I just play my entire town and build it up as I play.
    @wbombje -It looks like you had fun and I love ITTF myself.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Spring-1551.
    The town started setting up a new residential lot for a new family expected to arrive sometime in the next day or two.
    24493002443_f36b85cfcc.jpg
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up so early it was still dark out as they got ready for the day and ate the leftover nachos though the nachos had begun to go bad.
    24824195320_e2721339f7.jpg
    They began studying inventing on ther iPads and were studying it for most of the morning.
    24492973353_c7d1ca3ce5.jpg
    They stopped to get ready for work by noon and were ready to leave by 3PM and they passed what looked like a new lot waiting for the new family to arrive on the way to work.
    25119803635_1d78890392.jpg
    25026520251_d5048d372e.jpg
    They got home at 7:30 in the evening and got into bed by 8PM.
    24824151970_8c329e6190.jpg
    The new arrivals know as Tanner Ivanovitch and her husband Tracy arrived and they were both twelve year olds looking for a better life for their future family.They moved into the empty lot and had gone to the market to spend the night.
    24489107664_db23d3a6fc.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    SoulfienSoulfien Posts: 77 Member
    @Ianlyn Yes, Imogen's ghost reads as ex-girlfriend. :)

Well, that didn't go at all the way I'd planned. I installed Generations and at Prom night, things got pretty weird.

Samantha went to prom not with her boyfriend Ethan (who ignores her), but with Cruz. During the night, Cruz was attentive, kind, and thoughtful.

---Small game note here... to get her to go to Prom, I had to completely turn off Autonomy. She kept jumping out of the limo as it was moving and that ended the whole opportunity to go to prom. This was only the start of my game issues---

She was elected Prom Queen and had a wonderful time!

The next morning, she woke up just in time to drink some juice and grab the bus, but I realized that she'd not yet done her homework. I tried to get her to miss the bus so that she could complete it, but the family had won a free surprise vacation and was headed out the door and at the same time, her option to grab the bus wasn't an option. In fact, I couldn't control it at all! She got dressed and walked out of the house straight for the bus and there was nothing I could do to stop her.

---Game note again: The game froze for over 30 seconds here as all 4 adults "left on vacation". I was forcing myself to wait it out hoping for the best. Remember, I'd already reloaded twice trying to get her to go to prom the night before!---

The very MOMENT she was on the bus and the house was empty, my "fireproof homestead" caught fire from one of the fireplaces. No butler, no adults, and no way to get Samantha back home. I lost a bedroom as I sat here waiting helplessly for Samantha to finish her day at school. She came home at 2:30pm, called the fire department, ran into the flaming room, and screamed at the fire until they arrived. They put out the fire, left, and the fire started up again immediately before I could do anything. She called again, they came again, put it out, and Samantha was able to put out the fire places (all three). No more fire.

Samantha's time with the house to herself was off to a great start!

The next morning, she went off to school and came home with the intent to throw a party. She spent a lot of her parent's money on a new stereo and a catered buffet table, and called her three friends... (her boyfriend and new boyfriend and another girl). She flirted with Cruz while Ethan flirted with the other girl (using a few "convince to" commands). There were a few awkward moments, but all in all, the party was a success! She went to bed exhausted after everyone left.

The next morning, I get a notification that the parents were on their way home and that Samantha should have everything cleaned up. Yeah... fat chance... The spare bedroom is still trashed from fire, stereo on the back deck was still bumping, and I still had all the food on the buffet table.

---Game note: Parents never did come home. The game bugged out here and things got weird. She now essentially lived alone while the adults were perpetually gone. The game also wouldn't let her sleep. Just kept porting her to the middle of her bedroom when she laid down. I quit without saving... all the way back to right before prom. None of the above has happened.---
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks. I've limited immigration to my town. I usually get a lot more ppl in the club on the weekend and after a certain time. I used to have a lot more Sims come when I played in clubs all the time with Reagan.
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I just love to download converted stuff from The Sims 4 and I am having fun with it. The wishing well in my game is a secret entrance to a secret place.

Screenshot-5_zpslgaxirt5.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsp1n2ccfk.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsrr8mpkzn.jpg

Then I found the glowing butterflies.

Screenshot-10_zpslam6fvdx.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpswcfvntu3.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsvg94ogei.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2016
    Page 454

@GaiaHypothesis I like the less grubby Evelyn,so used to seeing your girls rugged.They either are saving the planet,dumpster diving,beating up dudes etc.I like seeing Evelyn just being girlie,don't worry wont give away her secret identity of being Miss Czechoslavakia 2011. :) She can go back to being vicious and nobody will ever know.

@Wbombje Sparkly Nina :love: great picture,I wish Betty Simovitch sparkled.And all this time playing never noticed what is on Sims phones. :D Seriously never looked when they show videos or anything.Now am going to look from now on.Awesome picture of Sophie showing him how much she likes garden TV.I think it is garden TV.Grats on getting ITF you do realize as a rite of passage the first thing you must do after getting ITF is...

POST A PIC OF SIMS DOING A DIP KISS best romantic interaction ever.

I rarely go to the future but all the stuff in the expansion has lots of uses.The food thing is great for making resteraunts and they even have NPC waiters who bring the food to you and take your order.Plus it livens up your venue because each food thing adds those sims who stay at your lot.Never know why people do not use this thing.In the future the cafe has robot waiters etc but in any other town it spawns human NPCs that take your order and bring you your plate.Very underatted item.

@Lanlyn I did see you playing catch with peas <3 How cute is that.Also it is neat cause it does cure them.The pea shooter also gets rid of repo men and I even think paparazzi,go test it on them but does work on repo men and zombies and grarr I forget.Could have sworn it shoots paparazzi and they get in their cars and leave your lot.

@Charlottesmom She gained her weight back,you need the LTR body sculptor assuming you know how to use it.As long as you use the right settings and know what you are doing you can make her the size you like and she will not go back up.A heavy sim by default will eventually go back to normal size once you stop exercising etc.No matter what.But the body sculptor is changing your default body type and sticks.
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AbearsmenAbearsmen Posts: 54 Member
    I love seeing that there are still so many frequent updates for sims 3. I had to start a new ugly challenge for my sims since all my vampires died...while out gardening...in the sunlight...xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top