Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments and cars

Will there be apartments and cars in an expansion pack any time in the near future?

Comments

• Options
    EthanSimsEthanSims Posts: 27 New Member
    more than likely apartments will be added in a gamepack, but cars... its a hard guess
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Will there be apartments and cars in an expansion pack any time in the near future?

If you want an exact answer, you won't have it. The best we can tell you is we don't know. Maybe...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    lol...We are 100% sure that its a maybe.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I think apartments are more likely to return than cars, but nobody can be certain.
    As for if that will be soon, I'm not sure. Many people speculate that the next EP will have something to do with Town Life, which could include apartments, but it's just that; speculation.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Im not sure why cars would be added Sims just teleport everywhere
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I hope so! I really miss apartments. I'd love the mechanics car back. And, redrogue60, we had cars in TS2 and that was with a closed world where you couldn't even leave the lot! Cars would just back off the drive and then vanish but people loved them! I think they'd be fine in TS4 as long as they had plenty of features like listening to music, working on the engine, woohooing, etc. Maybe children could sit behind the wheel pretending to drive and making 'broom broom' noises too. I'd just really like the mechanic aspect back.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Sims 3 spoiled me for driving
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yeah, it was nice to cruise around the world. I liked riding horses in TS3 too.
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
  • Options
    RedheaddLassRedheaddLass Posts: 1 New Member
    Apartments were awesome! Totally want this back!
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I hope we get apartments back, and although we had pent houses in TS3, I wish to see TS2 apartments again
  • Options
    SaucyJossySaucyJossy Posts: 33 New Member
    In my opinion, I think apartment/townlife would be a neat edition for story telling and just in general! Always loved that feature. Cars seem to be a sims's franchise classic addition, but now without the open world it seems a little debatable. It would be neat to have both back though! Really missing these features.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 4 has no true maps, it is just a bunch of floating, unconnected, and roadless little plots of floating land with no real ground structure at all. Sims 2 and Sims 3 were actual maps - so they could have cars - so I don't see us ever getting anything akin to either in the line of cars. Looking at the Sims 4 worlds in the programming you see something like in the movie Avatar where they had the floating mountains - well that is what Sims 4 looks like in the game data and not one of those little towns are in the least bit connected to each other - they all just float there in the void detached. It is only the back drop in the game that make them even resemble a world - but it is all camera tricks and no way to make real roads. The sims cars need roads - and a true road system on a solid surface on which to operate - so at most the best you can hope for is something space age that teleports.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,276 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Writin_Reg

Your argue is bad because the SimCity 4 map in The Sims 2 is similar to the world map in The Sims 4.

Another fact, in The Sims 2, the neighborhoods are not connected, Main neighborhood is not linked to the Downtown or the University or the Business neighborhood or the Magic world or the Hobby World but the sims can still drive to these places.

In The Sims 2 drive animation is limited to the current lot and the target lot.

So The Sims 4 cars could exactly work like The Sims 2
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sims 4 has no true maps, it is just a bunch of floating, unconnected, and roadless little plots of floating land with no real ground structure at all. Sims 2 and Sims 3 were actual maps - so they could have cars - so I don't see us ever getting anything akin to either in the line of cars. Looking at the Sims 4 worlds in the programming you see something like in the movie Avatar where they had the floating mountains - well that is what Sims 4 looks like in the game data and not one of those little towns are in the least bit connected to each other - they all just float there in the void detached. It is only the back drop in the game that make them even resemble a world - but it is all camera tricks and no way to make real roads. The sims cars need roads - and a true road system on a solid surface on which to operate - so at most the best you can hope for is something space age that teleports.

Well to be fair, in TS2 you could only see the front road in your lot and we still had cars. What made them a good addition (at least imo) was that cars had great animations and really added to immersion. Like sims actually getting in and out of the car and drive from the garage to the road, opening the doors for pets to get in, not to mention all the interactions you had like listening to music, turn on the lights, woohoo, etc. I can see that working just fine in TS4. And I can see EA adding a lot more if they want, like washing the car, being a mechanic who fixes cars, etc. Personally, I want cars because of immersion purpures, because obviously it's not a necessity to travel like it was in TS3. I just can't stand to see the sims go outside of the house and vanish into thin air when they go to work/school. I would prefer to have a sim drive to the edge of the neighborhood before disappearing.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,276 Member
    edited February 2016
    Next step: Practicable roads :)

Same as walking to neighborhood portal, the sims could drive from the current lot to the neighborhood exit.
  • Options
    littleone501littleone501 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > I hope so! I really miss apartments. I'd love the mechanics car back. And, redrogue60, we had cars in TS2 and that was with a closed world where you couldn't even leave the lot! Cars would just back off the drive and then vanish but people loved them! I think they'd be fine in TS4 as long as they had plenty of features like listening to music, working on the engine, woohooing, etc. Maybe children could sit behind the wheel pretending to drive and making 'broom broom' noises too. I'd just really like the mechanic aspect back.

I agree, one of the perks along with apartments in TS2
  • Options
    littleone501littleone501 Posts: 11 New Member
    That's another thing I miss about TS2, is all the houses and business you could build. That's the bad thing about TS4, is it is pretty much limited
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Writin_Reg

Your argue is bad because the SimCity 4 map in The Sims 2 is similar to the world map in The Sims 4.

Another fact, in The Sims 2, the neighborhoods are not connected, Main neighborhood is not linked to the Downtown or the University or the Business neighborhood or the Magic world or the Hobby World but the sims can still drive to these places.

BULL!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg

BULL!!!

It could work, cars I mean. Pulling out of the driveway(The Sims 2 style), or teleporting onto the road(The Sims 3 style).
    Once on the road, they drive down to the "exit point" and load to the target neighborhood. Then, they drive up to the target lot from that neighborhood's "exit point".
    Back and forth, it could work. :)
  • Options
    A highway, ferry, bridge world could load and that could seem together the starting point and destination. :smiley:
  • Options
    Two person motorcyle! For a driver and passenger holding onto the driver from the back.
  • Options
    Sims4Obsessed55Sims4Obsessed55 Posts: 93 Member
    Cars would be really good