Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    You seem to be replying before reading all that I have said or I'm not making myself clear. My Girl was born 1/3 Alien, Her Grandfather was abducted and had her Father(half human, half Alien) Alien and human parents. He married a human which in our terms made Loren 1/3 alien, she can do the mind things and some of the other Alien things, The only thing she can't do is disguise herself, She is blue skinned, eyes look sort of alien (they are the dark alien color). Her Aunt is her age but since she is of both alien and human birth she can disguise her self.

Loren was born with the alien cloths and the basinet the same as Mina was, she cried human (the whole family has been abducted at times, so we have 3 children in this family one can't disguise the other two can. two were all three were blue at birth. Logan is blue but can disguise himself, Mina is not the blue color as an adult and can disguise, Loren is blue and has been from birth and can not disguise. There is nothing wrong with it I don't mind it, just made a comment in case anyone else found this happening to them.
    Have been playing this from when the game was first introduced many years ago and this is the first I've seen this happen so I'm not a rookie just starting out, Have seen many weird things happen in the game.
    Now what I don't understand is the Grandfather was elderly and time to pass when he had Mina. Does being abducted add time to lives? The old man will not pass even though is life is used up. his wife passed long ago and they were the same age.

Sorry for the book, but I just felt that my point wasn't coming across, because the answers I was getting were in lecture form not comments.
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    Okay… the “Unbreakable Stove” that costs §13,000: if it catches fire, there is no option to repair it (OR I haven’t found a way to repair it yet including calling the repair man to the residence). The current value of the stove is §0, less than the value of homework. Replacement cost remains §13,000.

Also, if you have enough aspiration points to buy two potions, at one time, DON'T! I tried buying two potions, Great Kisser and Fountain of Youth. I spent my Aspiration Points, but when I checked my inventory, I only had the Fountain of Youth potion. What a disappointment.
  • Options
    @PJERICKSIM I can vouch for that also, I did try to get two at one time also, took my money but only gave me one of them.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    Also, if you have enough aspiration points to buy two potions, at one time, DON'T! I tried buying two potions, Great Kisser and Fountain of Youth. I spent my Aspiration Points, but when I checked my inventory, I only had the Fountain of Youth potion. What a disappointment.

"Great Kisser" is a reward trait, rather than a potion (meaning that it lasts forever). You can find it under the sim's traits tab.
  • Options
    Somtimes this game get complicated lol. Funny things happen all the time that can't really be explained. I just see my girl as being unique. @Cement what you are saying does make sense. She does have the blue skin and the dark alien eyes although not real almond shape other that that she does look human.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    If your sim tries for a baby then finds out she was unsuccessful through the pregnancy test it will cause her to be sad at the fact that it didn't work out. This is a good little feature to add some emotional depth to couples trying to fall pregnant.
  • Options
    JuhdmJuhdm Posts: 4 New Member
    If a sim is holding a drink in their hand (it could be any drink, even orange juice) they can make a toast.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Juhdm wrote: »
    If a sim is holding a drink in their hand (it could be any drink, even orange juice) they can make a toast.

How?
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Just found out if you serve your family pork and beans for dinner, everyone is gassy afterwards. :o
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Business Career, especially the Management section is probably one of the easiest career choice for Sims. My sim reached the top of level 10 just before he passed away!

2cpyqf4.png

Tips: get Charisma and Logic skills up early, then its all "Make Business Calls" (which takes no time) and the amazing "Call Boss to Negotiate Promotion" (Charisma 10) gives you simoleons and a career boost!

Not to mention that the career scenarios often give you "Performance Gain - Large".
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    @imhappy: While they're holding a drink, click on another sim and find the "toast" option. It's even cuter if both sims have a drink in their hands each.

My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited February 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    Juhdm wrote: »

How?

Click with the sim holding the drink and an interaction 'make a toast' will appear.

*Opps didn't see yr post DeKay
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I love this thread! I didn't know in The Sims 4 if you make your Sim eat cereal and then make them get orange juice in the queue they will get the cereal AND orange juice out of the fridge and alternate eating and drinking! This attention to detail is something I love in The Sims 4! It's so clean, artistic and intricate! By far my favorite from the series yet!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The Yoga Class can actually backfire, My sim was angry and I wanted him to be inspired so I had him join the Brain Boosting class! Afterwards he got the bent out of shape moodlet which just boosted his anger! So he went off on the Class Instructor for a rip off of a class!

(I have the uncomfortable boosts negative emotions mod)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    parisgracexparisgracex Posts: 80 Member
    this thread is awesome, so many different things I didn't know and have to try out! :)
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sorry if this has already been said, but I didn't know that they first time the Pancakes try for children, they always get twins!
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    > @pjericksim wrote: »
    > If you have enough aspiration points to buy two potions, at one time, DON'T! I tried buying two potions, Great Kisser and Fountain of Youth. I spent my Aspiration Points, but when I checked my inventory, I only had the Fountain of Youth potion. What a disappointment.

> @RealPollyMogs said:
    > "Great Kisser" is a reward trait, rather than a potion (meaning that it lasts forever). You can find it under the sim's traits tab.

Yep, RealPollyMogs is right... The traits are automatically applied to the person who buys 'em, and they're viewed in the Simology -Y tab... So although you can buy a potion and place it in the world for another sim to pick up and use... you can't do the same thing with the traits. (That's what I was trying to do.)

So, here's my follow-up question:
    My kid is gifted: socially, physically, mentally, creatively; The kid is 50 points away from buying the Savant Trait, 4,000 points. What do you think?
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    My kid is gifted: socially, physically, mentally, creatively; The kid is 50 points away from buying the Savant Trait, 4,000 points. What do you think?

I'd wait to see which aspiration s/he got.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited February 2016
    I didn't realize there was a "kiss cheek" option.

In the middle of a date with my bf after tickingling/snuggling on the couch he suddenly stood up and kissed me on the cheek, then walked to the bar to get a drink and came back and sat down. I was really surprised, they're pretty smart. I thought it was adorable.
    HkwmUcc.png

I also didn't know your romantic interest/bf can call you up for a date! He called me for that date and I joined him. Throughout the date I kept getting notifs from him, things like "wow, this date is getting better & better!" and "Looks like you're having a great time". Did not know that they could do that. Super cool.

How cute :)<3

I've also noticed that Sims kiss their lovers' cheek after a Woohoo in bed...or is it just by chance that's happened a lot in my game? :grin:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member

In the middle of a date with my bf after tickingling/snuggling on the couch he suddenly stood up and kissed me on the cheek, then walked to the bar to get a drink and came back and sat down. I was really surprised, they're pretty smart. I thought it was adorable.
    HkwmUcc.png

I also didn't know your romantic interest/bf can call you up for a date! He called me for that date and I joined him. Throughout the date I kept getting notifs from him, things like "wow, this date is getting better & better!" and "Looks like you're having a great time". Did not know that they could do that. Super cool.

I've also noticed that Sims kiss their lovers' cheek after a Woohoo in bed...or is it just by chance that's happened a lot in my game? :grin:

awesome wish it would happen to me love happen to mine!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »

HkwmUcc.png

awesome wish it would happen to me love happen to mine!

They don't do it while still in bed, but they do get up and go over to one another and kiss each other, or embrace, or do something romantic afterwards. It's so sweet! <3

@HowGreatThouArt That is so funny about what your date said: "Remember ME?" I hadn't seen that before. Lol. That's great! Love it!
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2016
    Speaking of woohoo, did you know that if your partner is low on energy, after you woohoo, you can essentially 'knock' them out? :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    Speaking of woohoo, did you know that if your partner is low on energy, after you woohoo, you can essentially 'knock' them out? :D

I love that part about woohoo! I bring up their fun then they go straight to sleep to be rested for work the next morning!
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @Pamhamlet It was a nice touch, especially since reactions to things like death, cheating etc. weren't so great before. She wasn't even in the room and she responded. :)
    aSE16f8.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top