Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    edited January 2016
    @SilentWolf101 Ahh. That explains that then. I'll keep it in mind. I used to post stuff on Fictionpress.com way back in the day, though I went back and removed all my content in embarrassment a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure if I should publish chapters on the internet, since supposedly that makes it harder to get published - though honestly that's probably wishful thinking (that I could get published with my first completed novel.)

As for your Questions:

What is your favorite way to write a story?
    Hmmm... I guess third person limited perspective is my favorite, though I kinda get embarrassed admitting that. According to my lit teacher in high school that's the easiest/laziest perspective to write from. I've attempted third person omniscient perspective but find that it slows down the pace to much. I also think it's the hardest to maintain intrigue. Third person objective perspective is interesting but requires a level of talent for narration that I do not posses. I don't even think in first person, so I find it very difficult to write first person for any length of time. A few paragraphs of exposition or monologue I can handle, but much past that and it just becomes uncomfortable for me. Second person is fun, but requires such a redundancy or intricate balence that I have never given it a honest shot. I haven't tried any others.

Also, which is your favorite style to read? Hmm. Normally I don't even notice narration honestly - but it depends immensely on the tone of the writing. First person is very intimate and conversational, it can be really good for stories that have a lot of introspection - turning that sort of stuff into a conversation with me (as the reader) to keep momentum in stories without much dialogue or action. Third person objective is usually hard for me to get into, it leaves a little TOO much to my interpretation and makes it hard for me to connect with any of the characters. Third person omniscient and limited are pretty much my go to comfort levels... but again, I don't usually think about it that much. I really had a thing for 2nd person when I was really young - but there is a very delicate balance in that which most writers don't pull off in my opinion - but most of the video games I play are "Told" in 2nd person.

Probably my FAVORITE form of narration is one that makes me aware of the narrator. For instance - in @ValoisFulcanelli 's story most chapters are told in 3rd person limited (or maybe semi-limited since you do get a glimpse occasionally in the head of many of the characters) but there's the added depth that it's an unreliable narrator that is also a character in the story. So, while the story is at face level a 3rd person from the perspective of one specific character. But, it's also got 2nd person point of view chapters - revealing the narrator as another character and a static point in time in which the narration is being given. And then, on another level it's also kind-of an implicit 1st person view that second character (since the narrator is named, you can kind-of mentally add "I saw that, or I knew that" before every thing that's said)...

I guess then, my favorite point of view is the third person conscious point of view (even though I just made that up). The narrator that IS a character or is otherwise aware of itself (as you said, the narrator that is involved in the story). Either as an all knowing force, or a character in the story or what have you.

@thesealofthesims Hmm.. It's possible if you have a lot of stomach trouble that you're working on developing one too. I'm no expert, but I was surprised to find out that anti-histamines can actually work to treat the sick feeling I get when stressed out (basically, sometimes the symptoms of stress are an auto-immune response of your body just doing whatever it knows how to do to try to make you better.) But, I've been instructed to stay on my allergy medications because of it - even though I don't actually have many allergy triggers here. Apparently "histamines" are the a part of your immune system that can cause all sorts of problems when stress or false triggers send them up, and I have to take the anti-histamines basically whenever, and I take a histamine blocker when my stomach acts up too much...

Though honestly - just adopting a bland diet for a day or two can really work wonders too. Stay away from greasy or really salty foods, caffeine, carbonated beverages, acidic fruit, and spicy stuff. Stuff like yogurt, beans, peas, peanuts, dark green veggies, and complex carbs can help soak up the extra acid and protect your stomach and help get your appetite back...

Either way - I know how just terrible stomach problems can be, and I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    @SilverDaybreak - Thanks! I'm so glad you could join me in my story. Maybe some day I'll get back to writing when I've found all my missing brain pieces. lol

I do have a simself and I'd be honored if you put her into the story. I'm warning you, though, she's a little insane, even though she's not. She's been known to find any open computer and troll teh forums.

Do you have all the ep/sp's so far? I do, so hopefully you do, too. If not, then just make her semi-creative and stylish. ;)

I tried to get a link for you, but I'm not sure the Gallery likes to include CC. I have some cc on my sim, but it never transfers over from the gallery to your computer. I have cc eyes and skin installed.

Anyway, my EA id is lovesstorms. You can also look my sim up by #lovesstorms as well. The name of the sim is Love Storms. Her current look is my avatar. :smiley:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Jonathan takes a step back and watches how everything goes with Meatball and Chasity at the restaurant. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-82-so-far-so-good/

Hey @lovesstorms! Love your SimSelf’s new look!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Well, this next week should be fun. I have to go back for some supplemental classes, and they're at 8:30 in the morning. Wouldn't be so bad, but I live an hour away from my school.

Anyway, here are some long overdue replies.

@RebornMonster: First off, I like the idea of your novel. I like fantasy work myself, like Lord of the Rings. I'm sure your questions have been addressed, but I'll add my own.

1) I think it depends on the story you're trying to tell. I know in one of my own fantasy fan fics, I started the story with another place that seems unrelated to the main "plot" although I kept it tied to it. See, in the story, the queen of this kingdom is trying to stamp out the last traces of a rebellion that was covered in the actual game. Well, as my story goes, one of the rebel leaders returns and attacks. Now, he's in a whole other country at the start, so I had to do something to give the story time to get to that point. It worked for that case. Then in other cases, like with Beautiful Night Child, I started it off at the end for the hook, and then the story is how it gets to that. Myself, I think that the best hook should answer two questions - who are these people and why should we care? Sometimes a little drama can help set the stage, but I'd say it's more important to get the reader to connect.

2) I think I would actually have to see what these things are capable of, or at least have some pretty good idea. Like in Lord of the Rings, we never actually see Sauron (the main bad guy if you've never read the books or seen the movies) do anything himself, but we do see what his followers do and are capable of doing, leading the reader to agree that he is a threat. So, maybe you could have some word-of-mouth, but I'd say we'd also need to see some kind of devastation. Otherwise, to me, it raises the question, why is this war necessary if the monsters aren't that dangerous.

3) I think it also depends on the jargon, but generally, I'd avoid using jargon except in dialouge.

@RipuAncestor: You're welcome. I appreciate the time it takes to build a good house, mainly because I've built so many bad ones. :P

@ValoisFulcanelli: Now, we just need a Batman to take on those jokers. :tongue: Okay, I admit, that was bad, but I meant it to be.

@ValoisFulcanelli: Nice screenshots too. :grin

@SilverDaybreak: Well, I think I'm feeling better. I'd feel really good if I could get it out of my head that there's something seriously wrong with me.

@SummerFalls: Welcome back. :)

@SilentWolf101: I know how that feels. I don't usually like having to split chapters either. As for your question, I kind of like third-person myself, although I do like the others to read. But writing, I'm more third-person. I've been called out on making third-person with a view of the world or as a narrator, so I'm a little more drawn to the third-person with a focus on one character.

@FayeShinomori: Sounds like how I play. I'd have some ideas, but largely, I'd just go with it. I'm still sorry to hear that you have such a hard life. :( But I also hope you can find ways to make it good too. :)

@SilentWolf101: That one looks like she's about to be kicked by that horse. :P

@RebornMonster: Well, I don't really have a lot of stomach trouble. For me, this virus kind of affected more points south than my stomach. The thing that freaked me out the most was that I read that changes in that area could signal something serious, and I just went right to that outcome. Even after being told I just had a couple of viruses, I couldn't get the thought out of my mind, and I'm not even at the age where they worry about that sort of thing. I've tried to get it out of my head, but I can't really help it. Plus, since we just lost our dog Amy, it made me a bit worried that I was the next disaster. Sad but true.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SilentWolf101 I've written mostly in third person, and I like it best if it focuses on one person at a time, but changes in the story so I can change the narrative style in small ways between the POVs. I've lately also dabbled a bit more in the first person POV, and I like how it gives me an excuse to occasionally derail the narrative to make random observations about life because that's how a person's thoughts work. I also like to make the narrator comment on the events occasionally in ways that might make the narrator sound like it has opinions even if the story is in third person. I try to choose the style of my narrator according to the tone I want for the story, though. But no matter what there will always be some attempt at playing with the language used. Wow, that's probably a bit disjointed, but I'm a bit tired so... :neutral:

I think that what I prefer to write is also what I prefer to read in this regard. Or more like I've let my writing preferences be influenced by what I like to read.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Good afternoon,
    @SilverDaybreak - Thanks! I'm so glad you could join me in my story. Maybe some day I'll get back to writing when I've found all my missing brain pieces. lol

I do have a simself and I'd be honored if you put her into the story. I'm warning you, though, she's a little insane, even though she's not. She's been known to find any open computer and troll teh forums.

Do you have all the ep/sp's so far? I do, so hopefully you do, too. If not, then just make her semi-creative and stylish. ;)

I tried to get a link for you, but I'm not sure the Gallery likes to include CC. I have some cc on my sim, but it never transfers over from the gallery to your computer. I have cc eyes and skin installed.

Anyway, my EA id is lovesstorms. You can also look my sim up by #lovesstorms as well. The name of the sim is Love Storms. Her current look is my avatar. :smiley:

Thanks for your lovely comment, @lovesstorms. I will definitely put your Simself in my story probably with Meggles and another Simself. I downloaded the one I found in your gallery with the other hairstyle if that's OK. Just watch my daily shout outs for for your name as you begin appearing in my stories.

Speaking of Simselves, To those of you who still play Sims 3, I'm looking for some Simselves to put together in households when playing in Sims 3 for either short story challenges and/or when my Sims 4 Sims go looking for love in other worlds. This is so that you can have Sims 3 cameos, too.

@SilentWolf101 : I downloaded yours from the link you shared but have to figure out how to get it open as it wants me to choose an app to open with and didn't auto unzip like Mastress' self.

I do have @dreamerz13 and @dreamsong1968 's selves together in a house in Riverview and they appeared in Caitlin's love story. Here is the link to that update:

https://silversnewsims3stories.wordpress.com/2016/01/23/hoosier-highlanders-generation-1-hoosier-novelist/

Hope you enjoy!
  • Options
    Oh, you're fine @SilverDaybreak. That one is an older version and a little bigger, but it's all good. lol :smiley: I also have a simself for Sims 3, but it contains CC eyes and skin. Not sure if you do that or not. I can always go in game and take out CC, and then re-upload. Just let me know.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    BeachyPeasySandyBeachyPeasySandy Posts: 490 Member
    Anyone get hit by the snow storm that hit the Eastern US? We were supposed to get a ton of snow but only got a dusting. So now I have a house full of food, I guess we'll have to eat it. Shouldn't be too hard with a pre-teen boy and a growing nine year old girl, not to mention the adults. (I'm a foodie, y'all).

I've been peeking in here for the last couple of days and I'm so glad to see people having conversations. :) There was a period of time when that wasn't happening as much. I'm happy to see the talking and friendly atmosphere.

There's lots of names that are familiar to me and some that aren't. For those I've never met before, Hi!! Hope to get to know you better soon!!

@CitizenErased14 - Thank you for the recommendation! I've clicked on that thread a couple times but haven't visited recently, maybe I should give it another looksy. :)

@mastressalita - Thank you so much for all your work! Compiling all those stories onto one thread and continually updating it is huge! I'm with you on photo taking! I've been taking pictures in game for a while and I still learn new things. :)

@RebornMonster - *Tackle Hugs!!* Hi!!!! Everything is good on my end. Kids have been out of school due to snow since Wednesday and Momma is about to pull her hair out (I love them but being pretty much stuck in a house with a 12 year old and 8 year old has its limits. Lol). How are you? I see you pop up on Tumblr but it's too hard to talk on there. You're way too sweet about my houses! Thank you! It's honestly one of my favorite things to do in game and I almost did study to be an interior decorator, but the college I went to didn't have it as a major at the time. I'm dragging my feet with the legacy since with each chapter I'm getting closer and closer to not writing for George and Steph. . .Trev keeps distracting me with his story too, but I've got the game open and I'm determined to get honeymoon pics for George and Steph (no matter how much Trev tries to complain to me. Lol!) I would answer your writing question, but you've already gotten some amazing advice. :)

@Blythelyre - Love ya! Hope you're not snowed in and are warm! message me on aim when you get a chance. *Hugs*

@lovesstorms - *waves frantically* How are you? I didn't know you had a Sims 4 story!!! Well hot darn! I'm following it!! lol! Hope you've been well! How awesome about your sister trying to get published!!

@ValoisFulcanelli - Thank you for sharing that book! I will definitely be checking that out! Hope your knee is feeling better! Love the pics of Valois' 1930's house (Who am I kidding, I love to look at anything with him in it.) ;)

@SilverDaybreak - Hi! Thanks for the hello and for visiting my legacy. That's why I put the disclaimer on the blog, but I will say that my legacy isn't very racy, has no violence, and all in all it's about a sweet family named the Hobbles/Davilas. But for the moments that there is the occasional swear or adult situation, I feel the need to inform people of what they're getting into so it doesn't come out of left field. :)

@SilentWolf101 - I personally prefer to write in first person. I've tried third and it didn't flow well. I have enormous respect and awe for those who do write in third person though since it's something that I find difficult to do and I'm continually amazed at how easy they make it look! I like to read all points of views, but I do find that I connect more with the character when I read first person, because it's the character talking and thinking which might be why I like to write from that point of view too, since I feel like it's the character's story and they should tell it (speaking for my own characters). ;)

@Jes2G, @InfraGreen, @Simslover163, @Rorygilmore34, and anyone else I missed - Hi! Hope you are well and are having a great weekend!

Okay, I'm off to get romantic pictures in Italy for my sims so I can finally update my legacy. (crossing my fingers that today is the day I finally get these pictures. lol)
  • Options
    @sandybeachgirl - First, *runs over and gives massive hug* I've not seen you in sooooo long!!! Yeah, I don't know why I started it. lol I just love talking about silly stuff that happens in game and thought, "why not have my own story while I do that?" So, yeah. lol If I had video recording equipment, I would seriously consider doing a Let's play. I think it'd be a lot of fun. I just don't know what I'd need to do that plus editing the video doesn't sound like fun. lol My poor Ramsey's have been ignored a lot lately. :(

We didn't get that big snow storm. We got the part before it go big. And yes, I'm still excited about my sister's story. Of course, not excited that I've read it yet. I'm such a horrible sister. lol

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @sandybeachgirl Hello!! I'm doing well, thank you! I've been having fun with my Sims and writing awesome stories about them and thinking up of wonderful background stories for them! :)

Hope to get to know better! Have a fantastic day! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    Hi @sandybeachgirl! And, good morning, everyone!

Juliette comes by to talk about her baby. Also, Skyla has reached her breaking point.

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-83-you-cant-fix-me/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good afternoon!!

My inspired mood has been running and a new series has been developed called Medicine Man Matt's Medical Adventures! It follows Matt on his medical journey!

The first chapter has been posted and a very special thank you to @SilverDaybreak for being the night's bartender.

Medicine Man Matt's Medical Adventures Chapter 1

@SilverDaybreak, like I said to you in Origin, your Simself will be rooming with @Julyvee94 ,my first Sim Marissa Li, your Sim Abigail Simoto, and CyreneQ.

Have a great day all! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited January 2016
    @RebornMonster Hm. I've never heard of second person POV before. Gonna have to look it up.... *rushes off to google* Ohhhhhh, that makes sense. So, it's like talking to the reader and saying the reader is actually in the story. I've actually never liked that point of view, to be honest...
    @thesealofthesims XD She was actually kicked by the horse, and while falling down she was thinking about getting married to Mr. Montesque. XD But thank you for the feedback!
    @RipuAncestor Thank you for the feedback! Hm, it sounds like about half the people read and write in the same way... Interesting.
    @SilverDaybreak Hm, that's odd. It's never done that for me before. :P It should just auto-download from here, and you save it straight into your SavedSims folder in your Sims 3/MyDocuments folder...
    @sandybeachgirl I agree with the writing style, however I still like where the narrator interacts with the characters when reading. :3 Also, welcome *back*! ^-^
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2016
    *pokes in and waves at everyone*

Not dead yet, though I've had a chest cold on top of my typical headachiness (I think my coworker in Tech Services at the library was kind enough to share that with me) so I've been a bit out of it. I still read everything here, but just haven't really found the time to properly sit down and write up the mass-replies like I used to... when I started Weekly Reading Roundup, a big chunk of my time each week has gone into it, and thread-chat has kinda fallen to the wayside as a result (though I can still be found around the Simlit chat in the evenings, dropping not particularly profound lines in between my reading, heh.)

I've at least been getting a pretty good response thus far to Weekly Reading Roundup, so that's good! Here is this week's edition:

Edition #4: I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts!

Next week I'll be looking at the backward cousin of the ISBI, the BISBI! It'll be a short edition since very few of these have been submitted to the Stories and Legacies Index, but that's okay... hopefully it'll still be entertaining despite being short and I don't mind getting a bit of a breather for a week!

Also... three weeks until my vacation! *falls over* I don't even want to think what sort of disarray the Stories and Legacies Index will be in when I get back after a week of not updating it... Lalalala! *not thinking about it* Not sure if there are any other geeks around here, but I'll be going to Gallifrey One, a Doctor Who convention in Los Angeles, with my BFF (he lives in the Bay Area and will driving down to meet me there). Yes, I am that sort of geek, that goes to fandom conventions like that... Also while we are down there, we will likely be hitting up Little Tokyo (cause karaoke boxes, anime shops, and decent Japanese food!) and hopping from one sci-fi fandom to another by spending Valentine's Day at Disneyland to see the exclusive Star Wars rides (Star Tours and Space Mountain both have some limited content until May 25th, and this'll be my only chance to catch it!) Because what do two asex*als do on Valentine's Day? Go ride geeky Star Wars rides at Disneyland, obviously... >_>;;
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend and am just stopping by with tonight's shout outs for Anthony SimNozzo's update. They include: @Cathy Tea, @mastressalita , @Rorygilmore34 , CitizenErased14’s Sim, Alexander, @RebornMonster Monster and her Sim, Lucas Simian, @Jazen, @ra3rei , @Derubelle, Leprechaun Dash by @Munterbacon, and Baato Slave by @Julyvee94

Have a great night!

PS, @lovesstorms, @sabreene, and @Meggles: I put you all together in a household and moved you into my Stylish Sands 'S' house in Alphabet Crest (Newcrest) in my game so stay tuned for guest star appearances.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've got a new chapter out for Evermore Falls HERE.
    I've had to get creative about adding the drama to the story and I used the weather to help guide me with that.I just had to write about the settlers having to struggle to survive their first winter in the new colony in 1635.I also wrote about them having food going bad and having to get it eaten up because they could afford to have it go to waste without new supplies coming in for a while.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Good morning!

Jonathan finally meets OJenn as he takes the reigns on the renovation. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/9-84-jonathan-to-the-rescue/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Good morning!!

Medicine Man Matt treats 3 special guests during his work day at the hospital! They are @CitizenErased14 's Dr. Damien Ainsworth and Becca Ainsworth and @Rorygilmore34. Thank you three for making the special guest appearances and Matt is glad to have treated you.

Medicine Man Matt's Medical Adventures Chapter 2

Have a great day :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post, but I have a second update ready.

This story follow Henry on his first case assignment in his detective career. Officer Henry Greene would like to send his special thanks to @mastressalita, @Julyvee94, and @SilverDaybreak (Lorraine and Abigail Simoto) for supporting and helping him with his first case assignment.

Henry's First Case

Enjoy the rest of your days! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys,

Happy Tuesday :)

cover41_zpsn1cg1pbe.jpg

Painswater Point
    7.41 Did you miss me? http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?p=4484

I was on holiday last week and I had great weather as apparently the UK had snow and I missed it :) Waves to everyone
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet lately ; I haven't been on the Internet much in the last five or six weeks. Any computer time I've had has gone on actually playing the sims, so I have barely even looked at the forums! Terrible, I know :)

Anyway, I've been encountering a few problems. Firstly, my Always Alien Abduction mod has been working really well. One of my sims got abducted eight times in a row before I realised that the reason he wasn't getting pregnant was that he was a genie! Supernaturals can't have alien babies :(.

But one of my other sims, who is just an ordinary human, got pregnant straight away :). Unfortunately, today, he lost the baby because my game is playing up!!! My Adoptionacy game seems to be developing a few problems, and I discovered that most of the sims in the household can't talk to sims who aren't in the household! I discovered this after prom when I tried to get the romantic interests turned into boyfriends/girlfriends and none of the normal interactions where there, just 'start snubbing....'. ResetSim didn't work, and so I tried moving the household out and then back in again. Unfortunately, that didn't work either, and the consequences were that my abducted sim lost his baby :(. Now I'm going to have to reinstall that mod and try again!!

But, has anyone got any suggestions as to why my sims suddenly can't interact with others? Apart from removing that alien mod, I haven't added or removed anything recently, so I don't know what's gone wrong! Can anyone help??
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Devan and Leliana are enamored with their baby girl. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/baby-talk/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited January 2016
    @MayaRose1138 Welcome back! Long time no see. It could be from some CC acting up.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/196356.page

EDIT: Read more of the post, and it may not be just CC. I also found this:
    "Hey there,

I had the same problem tonight, and when I trawled through the Internet it seemed like uninstalling and reinstalling wasn't working. But then I came across this: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,5541.0.html The person said to...

'1. Go to Edit Town, select the household and evict the household with the lot.
    2. When the household gets sent to the clipboard, select it from the clipboard and save it to the library.
    3. Open a new game in a new town.
    4. Select a lot and move your household and lot in.
    5. Select the household and play them for a few seconds to make sure the previously glitched sims are selectable and can interact.
    6. Go back to Edit Town, evict the household, and save the household to the library (delete the old version from the library first).
    7. Go back to your glitched town, move the newly saved-to-library household with their lot back in (you may need to bulldoze the old lot).
    8. Start playing your household again in their old neighborhood.'

I tried it, and it's worked! My Sims, skills, and home are all still the same, and most importantly; they can interact!!!!!!!

I hope this works for you too and that you manage to get the problem fixed!"
    Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @MayaRose1138 : By chance, have you ever tried doing the Reset Lot or Reset Town options from MasterController? That can oddly work wonders when weird glitches pop up...
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    I FINALLY have an update to what's going on in my game! I have chosen Vivasvat to be the heir since he turned out to be the best looking of the four children and I plan on creating his wife and giving her the name Saranyu who was Vivasvat's wife in Hindu mythology. I also have pictures of the boys now that they're Teens and I just love how Vivasvat turned out. However, the "pretty genetics" in the family sure as heck didn't get passed along to Vamana! :D Poor guy is just NOT attractive at all.

Here is Vamana: Teen%20Vamana_zpsl5neeywc.png

Here is Vivasvat: Teen%20Vivasvat_zpsexr5llfe.png