Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    I have two stories to Post

Double Trouble
    * denotes a mandatory field
    Username: Adventure4U1
    Website/Blog/Channel name:Sims 3 Stories
    Current site URL: https://simssimstories.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: Completed
    Additional Information: Double Trouble is currently the only story.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes.

Second 1
    Semi Rainbowcy
    * denotes a mandatory field
    Username:* Adventure4U1
    Website/Blog/Channel name: semirainbowcy
    Current site URL:* https://semirainbowcy.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: irregular
    Additional Information: I prepare posts ahead of time, so no heir votes, and no Sim Download (except for last Generation babies)
    Also, Update Forum http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/870716/semi-rainbowcy?new=1
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?:* Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you, @Adventure4U1 ! I've added your sites to the Index, and your premiere post of your Semirainbowacy has been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first post of this thread. Future updates should come through my Wordpress Reader and I'll add them to the Monthly Site Updates section as they are released. Thanks for adding your works to the Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    Hi :)

Username: Persefona711
    Website name: Parentcy Challenge - Moore Family
    Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/857268/parentcy-challenge-moore-family/p1
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: irregular
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Options
    StitchluverStitchluver Posts: 126 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: Stitchluver
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Moreno Legacy
    Current site URL: https://themorenolegacy.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: Regular styled legacy, no scoring!
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks @Persefona711 and @Stitchluver ! I have your stories added to the Index and any updates from within the last month added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. New parts will be added to the Monthly Site Updates section automatically as they are released. Thanks for adding your stories to the Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates is up to date for today! Happy Monday readings!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates are updated! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    And today's Monthly Site Updates have been added! Happy readings!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    KristalSimsKristalSims Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2016
    Hi, I am submitting a new site.

Username: Gixxergirl
    Website/Blog/Channel name: https://gixxergirl.wordpress.com/
    Current site URL: https://gixxergirl.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: I post new chapters on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
    Additional information: I am currently working on the Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge. The Powers Legacy is on the 3rd generation Willing Writer. I have heir voting for each generation.

Thanks & Happy Simming!

Post edited by KristalSims on
    kristalsims-banner.jpg

• Options
    Thank you, @Gixxergirl ! Your site has been added to the Index and all updates from within the last month have been added into the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Future Updates will be added to the Monthly Site Updates section automatically as they are released! Thank you for adding your site to the Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates have been updated for the evening! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    As you know, I am always looking for ways to improve the Stories and Legacies Index. One of the things I have noticed as a weakness of the Index is that authors have a tendancy to submit just one story site -- whatever they are currently publishing -- and then never think about this place again, and never return when they begin a new story on a new site. The result is much like a library that just has one book by an author on their shelf, rather than a lovely set of all their works. And as a librarian, I'd of course much rather see the full set of works!

The way the Index is cataloged, each individual URL is treated as a new, separate entry, and must be submitted by the author. Stories that co-exist on a single URL, however, are simply "nested" (under a "Stories featured" sub-heading) under a single listing, and since that one site has already been submitted by the author, if a new story starts on one of these sites, then I simply go ahead and add it in. But for authors that use the "separate site" method, they really need to return and add their new story sites when they open them up... and I just don't see that happening. I browse around the forums and go, "Oh, they have a new story? I didn't even know!" I try to send new invites/reminders out to these folks, but get very low turnouts of them returning to add their new works. I'm used to getting a low turnout of new folks responding to my invites, but for someone already listed with the Index, I find it rather strange they wouldn't want to add their new story. Nonetheless, it's a reality.

However, I still hold fast that I will not, ever, add a listing without the author's written approval. I've even had some folks that flat-out told me they didn't want their new story listed in the Index, for whatever reason. So I am not simply going to go to a system of "automatically" adding anything new I see by an author that has previously given me permission on a different work. That would be presumptuous.

So, this is what I have come up with. I have actually updated the submission form with a new field. It looks like this:
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index. / No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site. (Please select your preference)

There is no right or wrong answer here. This is simply the preference of the author when they submit their site. Note that it does not mean I'm automatically going to know if an author starts a new story -- I'm not psychic -- but if I do stumble upon that information, basically it it is giving me permission to simply add it to the Index, because that author has already given me permission to do so, ahead of time, when they submitted a previous work. If the author wants to come and manually submit each and every story they start so they have complete control over which titles are in the listing, that is fine too! That's why the "no" option is there!

Note, again, this is basically for those folks that use separate sites for each story they create. It does not effect anyone that uses one site to host all their stories (new stories on those sites always get automatically added, typically as they come through my Wordpress Reader!)

Also note this change is for all new, incoming submissions, and isn't being retroactively applied to prior entries. If you are an author already listed in the Stories and Legacies Index and want to state either a Yes or No to this new submission form addition, feel free, and I'll make sure it is applied to any future works you may have.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    So, while I do not create new sites for each individual story, I may eventually create different sites for different types of stories. For example, one site for sims 3 stories, and one site for sims 4 stories, and maybe a site for short stories. However, that will be sometime in the future. If I ever decide that, then...

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    The Monthly Site Updates is up-to-date for today!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Lindie_DBLindie_DB Posts: 38 Member
    Username: @Lindie_DB
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Scarred_ID (Simblr)
    Current site URL: http://scarred-id.tumblr.com
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular - sometimes daily, sometimes 2 weeks may pass
    Additional information: StallionFalls BACC (http://scarred-id.tumblr.com/post/136457873251/stallionfalls-masterpost) also has an update thread here (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/872573/stallionfalls-a-bacc-challenge#latest) that I'll try to update weekly
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

• Options
    Thank you, @Lindie_DB ! Your site has been added to the Index, and your posts are listed in the Monthly Site Updates section on the first post of this thread! I'll add your future chapters automatically as they come out (though Tumblr is one of the hosts I have to check manually so there could be slight delays if I'm unable to make a "manual sweep" on a given day -- I do my best to still go through my manual list daily, though).

Thank you for adding your site to the Index! I'm hoping to look at color-themed stories for Weekly Reading Roundup in March, and so far have had very few actually submitted to the Index thus far, so it's so exciting to have another one!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I present this week's Weekly Reading Roundup! I'm glad to see that so far, the reception to these has been very positive, as they do take a good chunk of time to prepare each week!

Edition #4: I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts!

Next week will be the backward cousin of the ISBI, the BISBI! It'll be a short edition, as currently the Stories and Legacies Index only has three BISBIs that have been submitted to it. If you are the author of a BISBI and want to be featured next week, please submit your site to the Index pronto!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    And the Monthly Site Updates is now up to date! (and now bumped down a slot... my S sites needed expansion as I ran out of room to add to that post, heh, so everything from that point down slid down a slot in the Index today!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates have their Jan 25th updates added!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    clementine101clementine101 Posts: 39 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: Clementine101
    Website/Blog/Channel name: kateesimscreations
    Current site URL: wordpress (Sorry, can't link yet)
    Sims games featured: 3
    Update schedule: Irregular, but going for once every two weeks now that it's the new year.
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc): I will be updating my thread on here, again, sorry I can't link as I'm only a 'new member'
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index
  • Options
    Thanks, @clementine101 ! Your site has been added to the Index and any updates within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. I'll receive notifications of future updates through my Wordpress Reader and will automatically add those updates to the Monthly Site Updates section as they come out. Thanks for adding your story to the Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    All the listed index story updates have been added to the Monthly Site Updates for the day! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I just wanted to say thank you, Mastress, for all you do to keep this thread up and running. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Thanks @SilentWolf101 . ^_^

Submissions have been pretty stagnant lately though, and I've been having a heck of a time getting authors "back in the door" to add either past works or new works since their listed submissions. I keep things very "hands off" for the authors so it will be easy and low maintenance for them, but I do wish they'd "remember" this place and stop by from time to time to add their sites so I didn't have to spend so much time seeking out names I haven't sent invites out to yet. (Harder than it sounds, my list is up to 50+ invites that never netted any return, and I will never send to those folks a second time as that is just spammy.) I guess there are always going to be dry spells, heh.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg